Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect (9043 Views)

Re: Viral Whatsapp Voice Note Of Impending Attack On Badagry / See Petition Written To EFCC Against Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun / Group Stage Protest At EFCC Against Senator Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by iwayumeh: 9:29am On Apr 29, 2019
“And if the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has discovered some documents which shows that over 2,000 ghost workers have been inputted into the salaries and arrears of Bauchi State in the last four years and over N400bn has come to Bauchi and we cannot see anything that has been done for N5bn, if I don’t do it (probe him), then I have abdicated my responsibility” stated the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory [FCT] and the Governor Elect Bala Mohammed in a recent interview while reacting to the revelation of the gruesome scale of corruption uncovered by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara. Information available to 247ureports.com indicates that the recent application filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC] against the Governor Elect of Bauchi State stems out of the threat to probe the financial crimes of the outgoing Governor, Barrister Mohammed Abubakar.

Governor Elect Bala Mohammed is due to appear in court today at Court 26 FCT High Court Maitama in Abuja to face charges bordering on false declaration of assets to the EFCC. According to the EFCC, the Governor Elect failed to declare all his assets in his previous trials with them. They claimed the EFCC had found new information against the Governor Elect. The EFCC in turn has filed a six count charge.

But information made available to 247ureports.com points to the outgoing Governor as the arrow head spearheading the sudden EFCC interest in the Governor Elect. It is recalled that the outgoing Governor of Bauchi State had been exposed numerously by reputable media outlets for having an incestuous relationship with agents of the EFCC – to the extent that virtually all petitions sent to the EFCC against the Abubakar administration never saw the light of day. They died a natural death.

Governor Abubakar who had initially accepted defeat and congratulated the winner of the Bauchi State gubernatorial elections – immediately following the conclusion of the elections – turned around and withdrew his congratulatory message and headed to the election tribunal shortly after Bala Mohammed pledged to probe the activities of the Abubakar administration.

In addition, the outgoing Governor has employed the services of the EFCC.

It is recalled that Bala Mohammed while serving as the FCT Minister was one of the staunchest supporters of the former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

Bala Mohammed’s remarks to the continued harassment by the EFCC sums up the situation. “It is completely politically-motivated but I believe in justice and that was why I went to the court of justice. Definitely! Because of the evidence that we have, he is going to be thoroughly probed because I have not been spared by the Federal Government. I have been under probe by the EFCC and because I believe in accountability and was influential in the government of President Goodluck Jonathan, I chose not to run away.

Meanwhile, it is gathered that some forces within the ruling party have perfected plots to smear the reputation of the Bauchi State Governor-Elect, Senator Bala Mohammed using the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC] and a section of the media as pliable tools.

The modus operandi of the forces is to dust up old and abandoned cases against the governor-elect with the EFCC and brandish them as fresh cases all in a desperate bid to blackmail him and deflate his soaring popularity in Bauchi State.

Already, a Lagos-based newspaper belonging to a notorious APC overlord in Lagos on Sunday published a banner story alleging that the EFCC has filed a new criminal charge against the Governor-Elect at the Federal Capital Territory [FCT] High Court whereas what was pending at the court is an old case for which the prosecution has not been able to convict the immediate past FCT Minister.

A source who spoke to our reporter on Sunday night expressed surprise on why the EFCC and a section of the media allowed themselves to be used as tolls by politicians who had been rejected at the polls by the people.

The source stated further: “There is no new case filed by the EFCC against the Governor-Elect at the court. What they are bandying about now is an old case. Suit Number CR/177/17 which they syndicated to journalists today [Sunday] is an old case which has been there for about two years and virtually abandoned by the commission for lack of clear facts and evidence.

“It is the same case in which the judge had earlier ordered them to pay the Governor-Elect N5 million as damage for an infringement on his fundamental human right. He defeated them before and they are merely reviving the case a tool for blackmail.”

Concerning the issue of the house in Asokoro, the source added that it was secured through mortgage arrangement with Aso Savings and Loans Limited and not ‘gratification’ as mischievously claimed in the newspaper report. He pointed out that there was a valid court judgment on the matter as shown in Suit No FHC/ABJ/CS/2016. The court recognized the validity of the mortgage arrangement between Senator Mohammed and Aso Savings and Loans Limited on the property in Asokoro adding that the agreement was still subsisting.

According to the source all these frenzy to arraign the Governor-Elect is simply because he defeated the candidate of the APC in the Bauchi State governorship election.

“The whole fury and hullabaloo we are seeing are orchestrated designed to divert the attention and paint the Governor-Elect with odium. This new level of media blackmail is simply and squarely the fact that he defeated an incumbent APC governor who was adjudged to be an unmitigated failure by the enlightened Bauchi voters. “They failed before and will fail again,” our source added.

Source :
http://247ureports.com/2019/04/afraid-of-impending-probe-gov-abubakar-employs-efcc-against-bauchi-gov-elect-bala-mohd/

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by iwayumeh: 9:29am On Apr 29, 2019
When Bullion vans and Aircrafts loaded with cash are branded APC the EFCC becames blind and toothless, c

It's a shame that agents an institution has been reduced houseboys but ......Atiku is coming Buhari is going

33 Likes

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by KikBuhari2Daura: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2019
APC and EFCC are so kindergartenly predictable just like what they are doing to Adeleke they want to extend same to the Bauchi Incoming Governor they will fail even Buhari their ailing leader is headed for defeat at the courts the lying INEC chairman and other liars and soon to be dismissed INEC staff will face the Music

8 Likes

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by BruncleZuma: 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Opinedecandid(m): 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
We know
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Lamasta(m): 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2019
Senator Bala Mohammed the former FCT Minister and governor elect of Bauchi state is coming to correct the anomalies of the APC government in Bauchi State.

4 Likes

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Cryomancer: 12:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
The level of abuse of power in this administration by politicians is at an all time high... just imagine EFCC being used as a tool for selfish purposes.

And one zombie will tell me that a dullard is fighting corruption.

This country has gone to the dogs. cry

11 Likes

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by lordkush: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
posterity won't be kind to some people

magu politicians will rubbish you
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by positivelord: 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
Is not the same Bala Mohammed who accused the Easterners of spoon-feeding his Northern youth with codeine...

1 Like

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Ekakamba: 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2019
Too bad but I won't gift a fork! If I do give a spooning 'knifing' fork, which will I use for lunch? Na dem dem! grin tongue
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by aishapmbtoto: 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2019
Antics of a failed party

1 Like

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by YoungAncient1: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2019
This might be the handwork of the outgoing Governor as speculated, but even Bala Muhammed's hands are soiled and he knows it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by slimfit1(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2019
Just a reason for the military because as it is things are bad.

1 Like

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Bimpe29: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
This is Naijeriya... grin grin grin
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
The APC's abuse of power is second to none globally. Many would faint on hearing of the massive corruption in this government after leaving power in 2023. What was reported of the pdp would be a tip of the iceberg. Yahaya bello too don chop kogi finish, lol

4 Likes

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Miketonia: 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2019
All of them na de same. Nonsense..

3 Likes

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by mchc1001: 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2019
And what does it got to do with the write up?, nonsense
positivelord:
Is not the same Bala Mohammed who accused the Easterners of spoon-feeding his Northern youth with codeine...

1 Like

Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
slimfit1:
Just a reason for the military because as it is things are bad.
the military institution under Buhari is the worst we've ever had. Their comeback won't make any difference. It would rather worsen the situation because they're too corrupt
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
positivelord:
warisdis? Is your head paining you this afternoon? Too much of ganja is not good for your health, you know
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
126Adaolisa178:
see this

@/@/
see wetin?
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by darqly(m): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
I don't care much for Bala Mohammed, he is a thief, and It's unfortunate that PDP fielded him as their candidate. I was counting down to when EFCC would "dust" his file and here we are. APC is useless and have turned all government agencies into their little piggy toys.
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by RTSC: 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2019
These are the rascals that some people said are better than pdp.
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by slimfit1(m): 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
fairfora:
the military institution under Buhari is the worst we've ever had. Their comeback won't make any difference. It would rather worsen the situation because they're too corrupt

I sense the 1983 story playing or payback time. He is doing exactly what Shagari did.
Re: Afraid Of Impending Probe, Gov Abubakar Employs EFCC Against Bauchi Gov-elect by Pregnancy(m): 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
Wow!

(1) (Reply)

Edo Government to probe hospital contracts under the Oshiomhole administration / N70bn Debt: NCC Frets Over Telcos’ Finances / What I Did To Online Loan Company After They Embarrassed Me (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.