Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigerian And Us Presidential Voting Process. What's The Difference? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian And Us Presidential Voting Process. What's The Difference? (2941 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct - Photos / Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct (Photos) / How Do I Vote In Nigeria? The Voting Process Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian And Us Presidential Voting Process. What's The Difference? by Sista(f): 4:38am On May 02, 2007
Is their anyone in Nairaland who is familiar with the difference between the presidential voting process of the US and Nigeria? If so, please share what you know. I need this information for an assignment.

Please, if you have any sources to back up your information, please post those as well. wink
Re: Nigerian And Us Presidential Voting Process. What's The Difference? by Tonim(f): 5:03am On May 02, 2007
For one, the organization that is responsible for administering elections (Independent Electoral Commission - INEC) is a federal body, whereas in the U.S., elections are not all "federalized"
Re: Nigerian And Us Presidential Voting Process. What's The Difference? by Sista(f): 3:31pm On May 02, 2007
How does the INEC affect the voting process of Nigeria, what are the benefits and what are the disadvantages for having this INEC?
Re: Nigerian And Us Presidential Voting Process. What's The Difference? by Tonim(f): 6:23pm On May 02, 2007
This is INEC's website. You can browse through it to aid you in your assignment.

http://www.inecnigeria.org/index.php

This is a copy of Nigeria's constitution. It could also aid you in your assignment

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

For your assignment, go to google and research the difference between having all elections held by a central body and having them held by individual municipalities (e.g. town/city, county/local government, state etc)
Re: Nigerian And Us Presidential Voting Process. What's The Difference? by Sista(f): 12:43am On May 03, 2007
Good idea, thank you.

I will go to those sites you posted and see what I can find that will help me. I will get back to you and let you know how things turned out.

Thanks again. wink
Re: Nigerian And Us Presidential Voting Process. What's The Difference? by adconline(m): 7:37am On May 03, 2007
Nigerian electoral body or system is akin to Mexican system. I guess that Mexico may have more literature on their electoral process than Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Invasion Of DAAR Communications Abuja / Only An Igbo Man Can Do This. Seriously / Sahara Reporters' Sends Hitman To Kill Yar Adua.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.