Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content (6552 Views)

Important NOTE When Creating & Producing Contents For Your Blog, Websites / 3 SEO Big Mistakes To Avoid When Creating The Design For Your New Website / Save Thousands Of Hours When Creating Background Images For Your Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Deniafe: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
Keywords are super important to any blogger that wants to become an authority in their niche, or any blogger at all that wants to generate revenue via blogging, and how to select keywords is a skill every webmaster should posses. Choosing the right keyword is one of the SEO strategies used to boost rankings on Google SERP’s, and ultimately driving traffic to your site. It is therefore consequential that you to know how to select keywords when creating your content, so you aren’t just shooting without aiming at anything really.

What is a Keyword?
A keyword is an idea or topic that tells what a content is about. In SEO terms, Keywords are the phrases/words that searchers enter into a search engine search box. Different people all over the world are searching for different things, and the words they type into the search box is what is called a keyword. For example, Someone could search for “dinner gown styles” “Lions” or “Baby toys” those are keywords.

Singular Keywords vs Long-Tail Keywords
Singular keywords are one word/phrase keywords. Just like searching for cars, or dogs, or clothes. While singular keywords usually have high search volumes, they come with extremely tough competition, and can be very vague in terms of description. So someone could search for babies, and what they might be looking for could be baby toys, or baby food, or baby clothes.

On the other hand, Long-Tail keywords are clearly defined and have less competition, and a size-able amount of targeted traffic. For example, “best healthy baby food”. That is a long-tail keyword that has less competition than just “baby food”, good traffic, and targeted visitors.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Unseen(m): 6:22am On Apr 30, 2019
We hear

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by amalab30(m): 6:22am On Apr 30, 2019
Nice one. OP, could you kindly make the subheadings bold?

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by bamideleafolabi: 6:23am On Apr 30, 2019
Nice one

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Onyeedum(m): 6:25am On Apr 30, 2019
Keyword is the key.

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Sammyfloyd: 6:28am On Apr 30, 2019
Nairaland should please know how to use key words for their headlines too

2 Likes

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Jacktheripper: 6:28am On Apr 30, 2019
If you no go rank, you no go rank.

5 Likes

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by qanda: 6:30am On Apr 30, 2019
Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by EmperorGodswill: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2019
As a gud blogger u mst no dat KEYWORDS ar words dat define ur articucle nd concise, nt jst blogers individual skil in use keywords matas

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by kimmywatson: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2019
Informative Article! Extremely this is a standout amongst the best article with some of the outstanding tips and encourages to wind up a hit , Key words are the indicators that highlight the key point of the content. just like write my dissertation is the keyword of the dissertation writing service where the professional writers are easily write your dissertation as per your demand.

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by IfoyinTEDO(f): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2019
How to select keywords.

But its not detailed. Because I still don't know HOW from your write up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by helinues: 7:08am On Apr 30, 2019
Keywords is the key
Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by SEONaijaExpert: 7:09am On Apr 30, 2019
SEO is like rocket science to bloggers and web owners. The more they read, the more they get confused. That's why most big brands have a yearly budget that includes SEO, they can't afford to keep up with the changing terrain

I'd advise new or existing bloggers to give out SEO jobs to experts, especially the technical SEO and they probably can be experimenting with the OffPage SEO.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Ruddyman(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2019
Not detailed enough

4 Likes

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by ken6488(m): 8:22am On Apr 30, 2019
Good SEO

Good traffic
Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by balonaija(f): 8:29am On Apr 30, 2019
well that is strange
Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Younghacka(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2019
Wow!!! I've Never Been More Confused After Reading An Article cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by iamleumas: 9:02am On Apr 30, 2019
Great and insightful.

HIRE ME NOW FOR YOUR SEO & QUALITY ARTICLES (07064272729)
Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Lifestyleof9ja(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2019
Unseen:
We hear
Start a business today, 1000 ideas to choose from

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by EmmaTisah: 10:36am On Apr 30, 2019
every day is made for a learn..

thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Eddiecute86(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2019
Blogging is for the patient ones. Just be consistent with time it will start ranking on search engines naturally.
It took my site www.chemistrykeys.com 4 months to start appearing on the first page of search engines which means more traffic .
But if yours is a business site then you can go for an SEO expert.
Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Deniafe: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2019
definiately i will, thanks for the observation
amalab30:
Nice one. OP, could you kindly make the subheadings bold?
Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Deniafe: 11:05am On Apr 30, 2019
glad you learnt from it
EmmaTisah:
every day is made for a learn..

thanks
Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by FredrickPablo(m): 11:07am On Apr 30, 2019
Nice piece. I'm always enthralled by whatever grants people financial security through legitimate means.

It's quite instructive that this post seeks to inspire readers to go into blogging and also motivates active bloggers to further improve their capacity by identifying ways to strategize better in titling their blog posts.

As my own little contribution to further encourage self-development with minimum capital requirement, I encourage everyone to take advantage of the opportunity to get trained in the online trending skills of the moment using a smart phone.

Ask me how on zero.eight.zero.three.five.six.zero.three.one.one.eight

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by Deniafe: 11:07am On Apr 30, 2019
yes it is
quote author=Onyeedum post=77972443]Keyword is the key. [/quote]
Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by greatermeme: 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sammyfloyd:
Nairaland should please know how to use key words for their headlines too
you're right: in the past, I've made posts on Nairaland that hit Google's first page! I got good traffic from it!

1 Like

Re: How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content by greatermeme: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
FredrickPablo:
Nice piece. I'm always enthralled by whatever grants people financial security through legitimate means.

It's quite instructive that this post seeks to inspire readers to go into blogging and also motivates active bloggers to further improve their capacity by identifying ways to strategize better in titling their blog posts.

As my own little contribution to further encourage self-development with minimum capital requirement, I encourage everyone to take advantage of the opportunity to get trained in the online trending skills of the moment using a smart phone.

Ask me how on zero.eight.zero.three.five.six.zero.three.one.one.eight
I use my BB Z10 phone to create and design blogs. I also use it to market online! With my phone, I take my online biz anywhere I go! E.g www. Walmards . .com Remove the space in-between.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeriaworld.com Criticism / SEO For Begininers- How To Rank In Google / Who Has Tried Google Adsense Alternatives With Good Results?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.