Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

FG To Take Delivery Of 10 Coaches From China In June - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Take Delivery Of 10 Coaches From China In June (14217 Views)

₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week / FG To Take Delivery Of Six Attack Helicopters From Turkey / Reps Take Delivery Of Exotic Cars, Begin Distribution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Take Delivery Of 10 Coaches From China In June by GavelSlam: 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
cooltola:

Lol even If you want to even create work, where is the capital, talkless of light. To collect loan from bank, na war. Only jobs here are driver, househelp , yahoo, naira bet.At least in yankee or most advanced economies, basic infrastructure like good roads, light are available which Nigeria lacks. Lagos is trying

We should stop complaining and start working.

Yankees roads were built on toil and sacrifice by all.

1 Like

Re: FG To Take Delivery Of 10 Coaches From China In June by Originalsly: 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
Guestlander:

Why is the coach factory a bad idea? If you are going to be moving containers from the ports, if you are going to transport iron ore, coal or some other minerals from the mines to the factory, move petroleum products or some other heavy materials from point A to point B how do you think you can do it by rail?
If we can make the wagons in Nigeria why not do it? Ajaokuta is there just wasting away while millions are jobless and we still have to import things that could be produced in Nigeria.
We don't have to criticize everything just for criticism sake.

I hear you. Isn't this putting the cart before the horse? Development comes in stages.... yes... the end game is for us to be self sufficient... but this is like building a house and focusing on getting the roof done before the foundation. Let's say the contract is signed... factory built and wagons be rolling out.... to carry ore and whatever.... on what tracks will they all run? Are the present tracks the correct gauge for heavy traffic? Do we have tracks leading to and from the ports?...the mines?...the commercial centers? Do we have the infrastructure to accommodate these wagons?...or is it after the wagons are produced we will look at that?
There is no comprehensive plan.... each oga working in a vacuum. This is how I reason and the reason for my criticism. Is this criticism for the sake of criticism?...or constructive criticism? But then again... constructive criticism is not encouraged.
Re: FG To Take Delivery Of 10 Coaches From China In June by cooltola(m): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
GavelSlam:

We should stop complaining and start working.

Yankees roads were built on toil and sacrifice by all.

Tolls that Tinubu collect lol. You cannot fix the road in your area without setting some oga at the top. Government should just provide electricity and leave the rest to Nigerian. All i am saying that the government should make the environment suitable for business which they failing to do
Re: FG To Take Delivery Of 10 Coaches From China In June by Guestlander: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2019
Originalsly:

I hear you. Isn't this putting the cart before the horse? Development comes in stages.... yes... the end game is for us to be self sufficient... but this is like building a house and focusing on getting the roof done before the foundation. Let's say the contract is signed... factory built and wagons be rolling out.... to carry ore and whatever.... on what tracks will they all run? Are the present tracks the correct gauge for heavy traffic? Do we have tracks leading to and from the ports?...the mines?...the commercial centers? Do we have the infrastructure to accommodate these wagons?...or is it after the wagons are produced we will look at that?
There is no comprehensive plan.... each oga working in a vacuum. This is how I reason and the reason for my criticism. Is this criticism for the sake of criticism?...or constructive criticism? But then again... constructive criticism is not encouraged.

There were no highways in America when Ford started mass production of his model T automobile. The Wright Brothers did not wait for Airports to be built before building an airplane.
Being able to produce railway wagons over 100 years after trains first appeared in Nigeria cannot be considered as putting the cart before the horse.
If our leaders had been able to finish projects like Ajaokuta perhaps Nigerian engineers would have been building trains for some other countries today rather than we looking up to the Chinese to help us out.
Our own papa Awolowo sef did not wait for everyone to have access to electricity before building a TV station.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha: Uzodimma Has A Killer Squad / Enugu Guber: INEC Lacks Powers To Suspend Collated Results – PDP / 2023: North Will Produce Nigeria’s Next President – PDP Youths Insist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.