Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA (22548 Views)

Full Extract Of Kyari's Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him / Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died / Demand For Probe Increases Over Abba Kyari’s Daughter’s NSIA Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by ijustdey: 8:58am On Apr 30, 2019
Ifeanyi Onuba, Abuja

The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority on Monday dismissed claims in some quarters that due process was not followed in the recruitment of Ms Aisha Abba-Kyari who is the daughter of the Chief of Staff to the President.

A civil rights organisation, Coalition Against Corruption and Bad Governance, had called on President Muhammadu Buhari to order an investigation into the appointment of Ms Abba Kyari as an Assistant Vice President at the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority.

The organisation also gave the Presidency notice to commence “a series of lawful civil actions in a matter of days to compel the administration to order a comprehensive investigation of this employment scam.”

Her appointment was said to have been done under alleged secret and controversial circumstances.

The Chairman of CACOBAG, Alhaji Toyin Raheem, had in a statement on Saturday, described the appointment as controversial “because it violates set procedure at the NSIA, which is the legally constituted agency that manages Nigeria’s excess crude oil revenues.”

But reacting to the development, the Managing Director, NSIA, Mr Uche Orji, described the claims by the group as false.

He said that the recruitment went through a transparent process, adding that the position was advertised in the media mid last year.

He also faulted claims by the group that the position of Assistant Vice President given to Abba Kyari’s daughter was a top management position, noting that the position was just level nine out of the 22 levels in the NSIA.

On whether she was given an official car attached to her office, he said such claims could not be true as such position did not enjoy such privilege.

https://punchng.com/due-process-was-followed-in-recruitment-of-abba-kyaris-daughter-nsia/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by ijustdey: 9:01am On Apr 30, 2019
NSIA defends appointment of Abba Kyari’s daughter

The Managing Director of the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA), Mr Uche Orji, said the selection of Aisha Abba Kyari, the daughter of President Buhari’s Chief of Staff, as an Assistant Vice-President at the authority, was based on her academic qualifications, international and local work experiences.

Mr Orji made this known yesterday in Abuja while addressing the journalists on the financial performance of the agency in 2018.

Meanwhile, the NSIA, which manages Nigeria’s Sovereign Wealth Fund, said it made a profit of N46.5bn in 2018.

The NSIA presentation made by Orji showed that the profit of the authority had more than doubled when compared with the N22.55bn recorded in 2017 financial year.

Orji said: “Despite concerns over international trade flows, slow growth in key economic indicators and increased volatility across financial market, the Authority’s investment strategy proved robust.

“Total comprehensive income, including the impact of foreign exchange gains, was N44.34bn which shows an increase from the N27.93bn recorded in 2017.

“Also, total assets recorded a growth of 16 per cent to N617.7bn at year end, showing an increase when compared to the N533.88bn of 2017.

“The return on capital employed on the core funds of the NSIA is as follows; Stabilisation Fund, 7.2 per cent, Future Generation Fund, 8.3 per cent and Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, 7.7 per cent,” he said.

Giving a review of the Authority’s activities, Orji said the NSIA was helping to reduce input-induced food price inflation through the Presidential Fertiliser Initiative (PFI).

He said that under the PFI in 2018, an additional 5.5 million bags of NPK 20:10:10 fertiliser was produced and sold in Nigeria bringing the total project output from inception to date at over 12 million bags.

In addition, Orji said that the NSIA disbursed $650m for infrastructure construction projects under the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF)

Some of the projects include the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge; and the Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Road.

Orji said that till date, the NSIA had disbursed N77.6 billion under the PIDF programme.

He said other projects being undertaken under PIDF included Mambilla Hydro-Power Project and East-West Road.

The NSIA boss also described as successful, the NSIA investment in the health sector, which had led to the establishment of a world class cancer center at Lagos University Teaching Hospital. (NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nsia-defends-appointment-of-abba-kyaris-daughter.html

Would you have said otherwise when you know that your job might be.........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by AngelicBeing: 9:05am On Apr 30, 2019
Rubbish grin

19 Likes

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by Kendumazy(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2019
OK
Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by soberdrunk(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2019
See Mr Orji defending rubbish angry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by myresearch: 9:06am On Apr 30, 2019
Am just waiting for my turn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by JohnFrankling(m): 9:06am On Apr 30, 2019
No one expects them to state otherwise.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:07am On Apr 30, 2019
So they are saying long leg don't exist in this country.

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by samba03: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2019
Due process my foot

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by nurex01(m): 9:07am On Apr 30, 2019
i dy look for job too o
Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by mcquin(m): 9:08am On Apr 30, 2019
G
Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by SeunStats(m): 9:08am On Apr 30, 2019
ti emi Abba Kyari ba ba Bubu soro, Baba Kiyari

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by Ekakamba: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2019
While some murder-forkers are here chanting, shouting, typing and supporting some mother-fuckers for just 30k or nothing per month. grin tongue

When I see a PDP and APC fans arguing here, I simply laugh like this
[img]http://3.bp..com/-3RMMQ9RkO0I/Tc8V6LMpWLI/AAAAAAAAB80/y6sXWAgdxEo/s1600/bob_sapp.gif[/img]

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:08am On Apr 30, 2019
He said that the recruitment went through a transparent process, adding that the position was advertised in the media mid last year
Was she the only one that applied. Abi all other applicants were not qualified.
Employment procedures has been compromised in this country. For safety reasons it is a good decision to leave this country for better countries that consider merit. Nothing for you if you don't know a high profile person in government or somebody that knows somebody in high cadre government establishment when you apply for a job in CBN, NNPC, e.t.c.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by doctokwus: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2019
So it's even true?
Even thought it was something that would be denied and refuted.
Most corrupt government ever ruleth.
Corrupt in telling lies, financially corrupt,impunity now order of the day,and corrupt in appointments to ministries,agencies and parastatals.
No right thinking person would wish anyone that is overseeing such a government well.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by Ebije1(m): 9:09am On Apr 30, 2019
Bulltrash...what does he expect Buhari to do? To terminate his cousin's appointment? Madman

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by anochuko01(m): 9:11am On Apr 30, 2019
I wish to know what her profile looks like....
she'll soon experience rapid promotion too

1 Like

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by anochuko01(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2019
Ekakamba:
While some murder-forkers are here chanting, shouting, typing and supporting some mother-fuckers fro giving them 30k or nothing per month. grin tongue
oh fvcking jeeeez!grin
Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by plantist: 9:12am On Apr 30, 2019
Aaaaahh! Na *Uche Orji* de even defend am. Ok next!
Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by Princedapace(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2019
Naija tire me really!

Lol, the country weak me..
Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by Cloud007: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2019
....an the sai buhari's buffoons are scrambling for 30k per month.

Iya loma je oku igbe last last... cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by fatymore(f): 9:15am On Apr 30, 2019
No due process at all...

it is just a signed letter and she will do documentation.

abi no be this Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2019
i am anti-APC to the core but honestly, I don't see anything wrong in this appointment.
If she has the credentials to work there, why shouldn't she?

Charity, they say begins at home. If I were the father, all my children will be in top government agencies and parastatals. Call it nepotism or whatever you like, i don't care.

I am the Chief of staff to the President and my child should not work in a top government agency? WTF?

i support this move 100%.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by GavelSlam: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2019
PHD syndrome.

Pull him down syndrome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by jaxxy(m): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2019
There nothing wrong in favouring ur people bt it must be legal. Pdp did a lot of favouring their own and worse so let’s be very objective bt balanced here cos we Nigerians a Naturally Hypocrites.

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by eagleeye2: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2019
GavelSlam:
PHD syndrome.

Pull him down syndrome.
Guy when are they going to give you one juicy post? No forget us wey dey attack una for Nairaland. The back and forth is what makes Nairaland fun and annoying at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by GavelSlam: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2019
eagleeye2:

Guy when are they going to give you one juicy post? No forget us wey dey attack una for Nairaland. The back and forth is what makes Nairaland fun and annoying at the same time.

I don't need any post.

I'm way too blessed for all that.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2019
[s]
TOPCRUISE:

Was she the only one that applied. Abi all other applicants were not qualified.
Employment procedures has been compromised in this country. For safety reasons it is a good decision to leave this country for better countries that consider merit. Nothing for you if you don't know a high profile person in government or somebody that knows somebody in high cadre government establishment when you apply for a job in CBN, NNPC, e.t.c.
[/s]

Did they tell you, she was the only one employed, you have serious inferiority complex.
Dont go and upgrade yourself and make yourself indispensable.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Senators In Marathon Meeting To Impeach Saraki / Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) / Saraki Loses Latest Attempt To Stop CCT Trial.... Pic Attached.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.