Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Accountants' Forum. - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Accountants' Forum. (39916 Views)

How Much Does Grand Cereals Pay Accountants At Entry Level? / Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of Nig (ican) 50th Anniversary Essay Contest / What Is The Average Pay Of Chartered Accountants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accountants' Forum. by yinlak: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dear Colleague,
Please help me out with a sample of an Internal Audit Program applicable in Nigeria Environment to:
1. General Business
2. Insurance Broking Firm
Your responses would be appreciated.
Thank you
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Perpetual459: 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
Jarus: I'm an. Economics grad and rounding up my ICAN(could have finished since, but too laid back and unserious - and still curry some ICAN prizes though wink).
I'm in charge of Fixed Assets and Tax Accounting in an oil & gas company. So I can say one or two things on Accounting and Accountants.

pls I want u to educate me on fixed asset accounting
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Perpetual459: 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
Jarus: There are various aspects of accounting. I handle Fixed Assets Accounting for my organization and I have full knowledge of Fixed Assets Accounting, but it is very narrow.
I also handle Tax, which is more interesting and diverse. I enjoy Tax more.

So you may ask questions about these two areas and others.
pls educate me on Fixed asset accounting
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 20, 2014
please, a little.intro.of tax. and.what do you make of.the pension.reform act as amended.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by AmoBube: 3:23am On Aug 05, 2014
I have a Job ad I want to post on this forum. Is it ok by everyone ?
Re: Accountants' Forum. by rahamAllah: 6:51am On Aug 05, 2014
pls can someone help me with info regarding ANAN.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
AmoBube: I have a Job ad I want to post on this forum. Is it ok by everyone ?
yes
Re: Accountants' Forum. by liliangmail(f): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
yea
Re: Accountants' Forum. by nwachukwuaca18(m): 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
Accountancy when juxtaposed with others careers such as law seems to be lagging behind, lacking elitism and even implied prestige. Am to study accountancy @ uniport soon and i cant help thinking that its quite a waste since everybody can now be "
accountant" than to ICAN.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by luvola(m): 12:53am On Aug 07, 2014
I am a fresh graduate of accounting 2.1 (B.sc)and I am in need of a medium audit firm . Somebody should please hook me up to an audit firm. I have registered as a member of ICAN though not qualified . My email is ayodeleolaolu05@yahoo.com
Re: Accountants' Forum. by ogedanny: 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Accountants' Forum. by houseoftuition: 1:32am On Aug 28, 2014
You can now get Chartered from the comfort of your own house at www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng Team

1 Like

Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2014
Deloitte - Akintola Williams Deloitte, a member
firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, is a
professional services organization that provides
audit, tax, consulting, accounting and financial
advisory, corporate finance, and risk advisory
services.
Deloitte offers a world of opportunities for
individuals with an unquenchable thirst for
knowledge, passion for success and impeccable
integrity.
Deloitte Graduate School Scholarship 2014
DescriptionDeloitte Academy in partnership with
Sage ERP Africa offers scholarship opportunity to
100 accounting graduates to participate in the
Deloitte Graduate School.Successful participants
will be trained in International Financial
Reporting Standards (IFRS), preparation of
financial statements including group
accounts.You will also learn the use of Sage
accounting software (ERP).We will give you the
chance to apply theory to real-worId scenarios
thereby enhancing your employment prospects as
you seek employment in the labour market.
Eligibility Criteria:
Be a Nigerian of not more than 26 years;
Be qualified with the Institute of Chattered
Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN);
andBe currently unemployed.
Duration: 4 Months
This initiative is proudly supported by:The
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
Sage ERP Africa.
This opportunity is opened to applicants from all
geopolitical zones of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date: Not Stated.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
submit a detailed CV
to: ifrsacademy@deloitte.com
Re: Accountants' Forum. by RuksBen: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2014
Hello, pls I need training manuals on peachtree.
Any help?
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Perpetual459: 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
please I need an audit firm experience,I reside at ikorodu bt I don't mind outside ikorodu axis,I ve HND(accountancy)and ACA,pls help it's urgent
Re: Accountants' Forum. by pioneer: 2:22am On Sep 10, 2014
For your ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel
Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
Perpetual459: please I need an audit firm experience,I reside at ikorodu bt I don't mind outside ikorodu axis,I ve HND(accountancy)and ACA,pls help it's urgent
de.knollconsulting@yahoo.com
Re: Accountants' Forum. by kessco(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
RuksBen: Hello, pls I need training manuals on peachtree.
Any help?

The following training manuals: Peachtree and Quickbooks are available on ebook and video at a fee.

Are you interested? Send me a PM
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 20, 2014
Am not very vast in tax but with the little I know, are as follows;
*Direct assessment paid by the director of the business (note in Nigeria we have enterprise-one man business, company and the likes) usually paid once a year
*Tax Audit
* Educational tax is 2%
*Value added Tax is 5%
*Company tax 30%
* Developmental levy 100naira per staff
*Business premises is 10,000 naira annually at the beginning of the business and subsequently #5,000 annually.
* Withholding tax depending on Federal or State for example, withholding tax for rent but Federal and state is 10%
*Payee-you use your Consolidated relief allowance(Gross pay-200,000+20%*Grosspay=Taxable income, then you use your Graduated table to get you net pay. Note: other deductions are made to arrive at your net pay such as National Health Insurance Scheme(NHIS)-if the staff strength is more than 10 persons, pension 10% for the Employer and 8% for the Employees) This you learn in Audit firms and many other things.
However, In Lagos state the minimum tax you can pay is #250, that is even if you earn 20,000 you are suppose to pay less than that, but Lagos State govt., law, states that you must pay #250.

Failure to file you tax before the 20th of the preceding month attracts a fine of #5,000.

To.be candid, this thread has not assisted some of the young aspiring Accountants, yes, you throw a question.at those in the" line of battle" and we hardly get responses.

Last bullet- Do.not sit your behind at home, get a job as an Accountant and be amazed at what you have missed.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 20, 2014
@art, you are not vast indeed.... a standing ovation for you.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Sam0805849612: 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
Pls, i need a Job.

Am an Accounting Graduate, B.Sc with 2.1.

I will really appreciate any good job in Abuja or Lag or any other places. Pls do good to help your brother. sammjesus@gmail.com
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Hehehehe1: 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sam0805849612: Pls, i need a Job.

Am an Accounting Graduate, B.Sc with 2.1.

I will really appreciate any good job in Abuja or Lag or any other places. Pls do good to help your brother. sammjesus@gmail.com
oga hw may i help u?
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Perpetual459: 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Last bullet- Do.not sit your behind at home, get a job as an Accountant and be amazed at what you have missed.[/quote]@artistically,which organisation do u think one can ve a deep accounting experience?
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Perpetual459:
Last bullet- Do.not sit your behind at home, get a job as an Accountant and be amazed at what you have missed.@artistically,which organisation do u think one can ve a deep accounting experience?
Audit firm....... We have the Big four, Medium and small Audit firms.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Perpetual459: 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks
artisticallyart: Audit firm....... We have the Big four, Medium and small Audit firms.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by vivianulo: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
Are you in search of Accounting jobs in Nigeria or you are writing the ICAN /ACCA Exams and in need of Past Questions papers or study packs.
Are you looking for a forum where you can share ideas ,discuss and interact on the ICAN/ACCA Exam with fellow students.
Then this forum is for you :

JOIN

www.accountingtoolkit-ng.com

You have to register to be a member to be able to view Accounting Jobs, Past Question Papers and Study Packs.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by BankManager(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Jarus:

Big audit firms like PwC, KPMG will give you job irrespective of your course of study, provided you meet other requirements like age, 2-1 and of course you pass their tests and interviews.

Audit firm is the best place to start for anybody that wishes to be a professional accountat. some even pay for your professional exams. you gain practiical accounting knowledge that will lay a good foundation for your career.

Good evening Mr.Jarus

Between an audit firm(e.g the Big Four) and a company in the O & G industry,which is better for a fresh graduate of Accounting to kick start his career?

Though Good Income remains the best motivator,however,what the future upholds is also very important..

Patiently waiting for your reply.Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
BankManager:

Good evening Mr.Jarus

Between an audit firm(e.g the Big Four) and a company in the O & G industry,which is better for a fresh graduate of Accounting to kick start his career?

Though Good Income remains the best motivator,however,what the future upholds is also very important..

Patiently waiting for your reply.Thanks in anticipation.

I was in similar dilemma when I wanted to start my career. I opted for oil and gas company.

If you have the two offers in your hand, go for oil and gas please, except it's a mushroom oil and gas company that you're not sure of its future.

3 Likes

Re: Accountants' Forum. by BankManager(m): 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Jarus:

I was in similar dilemma when I wanted to start my career. I opted for oil and gas company.

If you have the two offers in your hand, go for oil and gas please, except it's a mushroom oil and gas company that you're not sure of its future.

Tnks for the inspiring response..

I'm grateful.!!

1 Like

Re: Accountants' Forum. by vivianulo: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
This forum offers you a wide range of all you need to know about the ICAN/ACCA Exams,here you can:

Ask, Share and Discuss ICAN Exam Registration.

Ask, Share and Discuss ICAN Syllabus & Study Packs .

Download, share and review important past questions for new ICAN syllabus.

Ask, Share and Review Tuition Centers in your area.

Share and Discuss Latest Accounting Jobs in Nigeria.

You need to register to be a member for you to download past ICAN question papers or view recent accounting jobs.

Register and join here:www.accountingtoolkit-ng.com

Cheers.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by kinkydee: 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
I am a 3rd class graduate from one of the federal
universities with a Bsc in accountancy I am presently about to start my nysc service year and I am confused on whether to go for
my PGD then masters? Or get some certificates like ICAN
or is it possible to do both ican and pgd at the same..pls i need advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adamawa Fruit Seller Wears Suit For His Business. See His Touching Reason / Is This Deaf Keke Driver An Inspiration, Or A Danger To Road Users? / Describe Your Salary With A Movie Title!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.