Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? (126798 Views)

How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Free To Air Channels On Hitv / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by cretin: 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2010
at tcd.no mind dem jare.peeps r so dumb.
I cant 4 de life of me understand y some peeps r findin it hard 2 understand ur logic
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2010
Guyman02:

AIT, SILVERBIRD, LTV, MITV, CHANNELS encrypted by DSTV? Na dia papa get am? you must be half-retarded Mr DSTV marketer
You guys should quit insulting the OP. If you live outside Lagos, you'd appreciate what DSTV has done cos it'd would prevent you from dying of boredom if cash flow is on the low and you decide not to subscribe for a month or two.

It's a commendable move in my opinion.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2010
cretin:

at tcd.no mind dem jare.peeps r so dumb.
I cant 4 de life of me understand y some peeps r findin it hard 2 understand your logic
Peeps here and so conditioned to FTA and so anti paytv that they find it hard to understand the advantages of this DSTV freeview.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by forkinsonlolo(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2010
yeah, now am gona go buy dstv and throw my hitv (no free station) into thrash can grin grin grin grin
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by willis2k9(m): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2010
hw wil i get d free channels
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TeskyMan(m): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2010
[size=13pt]Can somebody sincerely tell me what"STARTIMES" has got to offer in terms of channels, clarity and sports?

List of free channels and paid channels should be separated for better understanding.

As per DSTV, this is a good policy at the right time to check mate not only current but also potential competitors. Nice Move once again.

Thank you, [/size]
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by 2sleek2NV(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2010
Y is 75% of the pple commenting here so
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by aieromon(m): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2010
Anyways,its a move in the right direction.Let them set a laudable trend for others to follow unlike MTN which does the opposite.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Billsmith: 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2010
I hate DSTV because they were extorting Nigerians until HITV and MYTV came. I hate all these Dupes. Startimes have now made them to bring in something new. I like competition because it brings down prices and brings good service. One day their subscription will surely come down to N500. MTN did the same thing but right now something different is happening in the telecom industry.Thanks God for GLOBACOM. What surely goes up will surely come down. I HATE DUPES

1 Like

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by 2sleek2NV(m): 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2010
Y is 75% of the pple commenting here so BLIND, DEAF, DUMB, STUPID and FOOLISH to understand wat TCD is trying to explain

HE DOESNT RESIDE IN LAGOS so he doesn't have the Luxury of so many channels to choose from like those in Lagos who have (STV,NTA 5 n 10, MITV,AIT, GALAXY, OGTV, DBN, CHANNELS MBI, etc).
if you guys av stayed in places like Aba, ilorin where their TV stations still

1.use cardboards to scroll casts b4 and at the end of a program

2. all u hear is "WITH GRATITUDE TO GOD FOR A  LIFE WELL , "

3. Ofoma Bread cake advert,

4. Ogbuawa special quality brakepad and oil, the list goes on

am sure u will appreciate what he is trying to say

i know it can be very difficult but pls READ b4 commenting.

mind u, i stay in lagos and i have both HITV and DSTV and i still use my UHF antenna.

"MY OPINION" (b4 bad belle pple begin kill me) is STARTIMES is crap

if you have the FTA channels, good for you. i knw pple that are die hard lovers of free to air and i support dem but like d OP said, how often do u have the time to twist and turn ur dish to d direction to receive signals (u get back home from work dead tired and d next thing u thik of is to turn ur dish to pick signals to watch some channel)
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TeskyMan(m): 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
2sleek2NV:

Y is 75% of the pple commenting here so BLIND, DEAF, DUMB, silly and FOOLISH to understand wat TCD is trying to explain

HE DOESNT RESIDE IN LAGOS so he doesn't have the Luxury of so many channels to choose from like those in Lagos who have (STV,NTA 5 n 10, MITV,AIT, GALAXY, OGTV, DBN, CHANNELS MBI, etc).
if you guys av stayed in places like Aba, ilorin where their TV stations still

1.use cardboards to scroll casts b4 and at the end of a program

2. all u hear is "WITH GRATITUDE TO GOD FOR A  LIFE WELL , "

3. Ofoma Bread cake advert,

4. Ogbuawa special quality brakepad and oil, the list goes on

am sure u will appreciate what he is trying to say

i know it can be very difficult but pls READ b4 commenting.

mind u, i stay in lagos and i have both HITV and DSTV and i still use my UHF antenna.

"MY OPINION" (b4 bad belle pple begin kill me) is STARTIMES is crap

if you have the FTA channels, good for you. i knw pple that are die hard lovers of free to air and i support dem but like d OP said, how often do u have the time to twist and turn your dish to d direction to receive signals (u get back home from work dead tired and d next thing u thik of is to turn your dish to pick signals to watch some channel)

[size=13pt]@ 2SLEEK2NV - Kindly explain what you mean by STARTIMES is Crap? I will really appreciate.

Anyone in the house that will share his/her experience with STARTIMES.

Thanks[/size]
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Billsmith: 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2010
You guys should quit insulting the OP. If you live outside Lagos, you'd appreciate what DSTV has done cos it'd would prevent you from dying of boredom if cash flow is on the low and you decide not to subscribe for a month or two.

It's a commendable move in my opinion.

This is nonsense. As far as I am concerned DSTV is just trying to use the brain of some dullards All those station have been free even without a satelite. They are dupe and have extorted enough from Nigerians and need to have some rest. I hate people who thinks they can extort my country as they like.

In few years to come they will be reduced to zero because many competitions are still coming.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by kokooro(m): 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
No marketting joo,
Fine Dstv is improving but why should we pay so much for ordinary veiwing,
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
Mr Tcd or Mr Dstv marketer or whatever u call urself, you don't know what you're saying.All those stations u listed above are not useful to me, why can't they make channels like Mtv, Trace, african magic free.Infact, if i want to watch all those stations you listed above, i would just go and purchase a uhf antenna. I cannot pay N21,000 to buy a dstv decoder when i can pay just N15,000 to purchase a Hitv decoder and also enjoy 2 months free subscription. I can pay just N3,500 per month to enjoy Hitv's premium bouquet comprising of world class sports, news and entertainment channels.Dstv's premium bouquet is N9000(imagine) per month.Better still, i would get a startimes decoder for just N9,000 and pay just N1,000 per month to enjoy 40 world class channels.So Mr dstv marketer, go and advertise ur wares somewhere else and don't decieve us here with ur useless promo.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2010
Mr Tcd or Mr Dstv marketer or whatever u call urself, you don't know what you're saying.All those stations u listed above are not useful to me, why can't they make channels like Mtv, Trace, african magic free.Infact, if i want to watch all those stations you listed above, i would just go and purchase a uhf antenna. I cannot pay N21,000 to buy a dstv decoder when i can pay just N15,000 to purchase a Hitv decoder and also enjoy 2 months free subscription. I can pay just N3,500 per month to enjoy Hitv's premium bouquet comprising of world class sports, news and entertainment channels.Dstv's premium bouquet is N9000(imagine) per month.Better still, i would get a startimes decoder for just N9,000 and pay just N1,000 per month to enjoy 40 world class channels.So Mr dstv marketer, go and advertise ur wares somewhere else and don't decieve us here with ur useless promo.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by sylve11: 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2010
Olumogun:

Look Mr DSTv marketer, I just got a dish-less cable Tv decoder (STARTIME) for just N1000/month to give me about 40 channels.
So what on earth has DSTv offered now that is too much?

All these people - Cable Tvs and Telephone -companies - are just milking fat Income from average Nigerians.
Our leaders too are playing ignorant because most of them do not pay for these services.
Any way, thanks to DSTv for relaxing their tight hold on the masses.

TCD:

Pls dont insult me by calling me a marketer  ooo. I am just a consumer like you. Thank you. Those on NL who know me offline know i have nothing to do with Dstv

Now for your startimes, last time i looked around startimes does not exist outside lagos and good for you you were able to get a good deal on startimes, lucky you but less than 2% of nigerains live in lagos.

lol grin cool
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Billsmith: 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2010
Silve11, Startimes exists not only in Lagos. Make your investigations very well. You must be be DSTV marketing officer really. Abuja is even where the headquarter is. So, they pay you to join them in extorting Nigerians through marketing online. EFCC will soon catch you
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by duality(m): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2010
i still would not buy the dstv now. I'll patiently wait till when all the bouquets are compressed to one and go for 1500 naira
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2010
For those saying startimes is crap, let me give u some of channels u can get from startimes; Bbc world news, France24(E), aljazeera, vox africa, cctv news, stvc(chinese), stve(english)1, stve2, indian24, cctv4, Nta news24, jctv, c-music, E-stars(nigerian and african movies), Nickelodeon, Galaxy, mitv, mgm, tvc, mtv base, bet, e-africa, real stars, childsmile, tbn, ftv, kidsco, nta10, setanta africa, phoenix, msnbc, nta sports 24, channels tv, E!, discovery world, animaux, foot school, Nta entertainment and many more,(i can go on and on) for just N1000, in clear definition!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2010
For those saying startimes is crap, let me give u some of channels u can get from startimes; Bbc world news, France24(E), aljazeera, vox africa, cctv news, stvc(chinese), stve(english)1, stve2, indian24, cctv4, Nta news24, jctv, c-music, E-stars(nigerian and african movies), Nickelodeon, Galaxy, mitv, mgm, tvc, mtv base, bet, e-africa, real stars, childsmile, tbn, ftv, kidsco, nta10, setanta africa, phoenix, msnbc, nta sports 24, channels tv, E!, discovery world, animaux, foot school, Nta entertainment and many more,(i can go on and on) for just N1000, in clear definition!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2010
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by twinskenny(m): 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2010
you guyz dont know that you must have DSTV DECODER and SMART CARD before you can watch those channels mention above, and they are calling it free

free ko free ni, i Can get this and many more by just trackking ASTRA 2B.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by samuelade1: 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2010
when do they start free channel.this month or they are about to start?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by mysisi(f): 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2010
Na wa for una o. The guy is just trying to say Dstv now offers free to air channel. I for one am glad to have those channels with my dstv subscription cos I live in owerri where I can not get clear reception to the free channels offered by Dstv ordinarily on my TV. To those of you in Lagos who get satellite connection for 100 naira per month I rejoice with you only that you should realize the rest of Nigerian viewers outside Lagos don't have such access to cheap satellite TV that is good value for money.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by twinskenny(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2010
there is nothing to rejoice about, with that kind of picture qaulity? i still prefer UHF antenna,
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by linksman(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2010
when will Nigerians learn that with DSThieves, nothing is free.
anyone waiting for any freebees from them go wait till fowl grow teeth. grin grin grin
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by obojo(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2010
very good move buy dstv, startimes is good if you can get it to work, I was at star times office in bariga last week. the number of people returning their decoders cause of one complaint or the other was alarming, and they told me if i buy it to use on the island, i would require an external antenna, Dat kind of defeats the whole indoor purpose doesnt it undecided
I think it works best on the mainland,

Very good move buy dstv, Im impressed, They are still the leaders
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by ollybosieb: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
@TCD
thanks for the update, its better than , your account has been suspended.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2010
Tunsbobo:

Mr Tcd or Mr Dstv marketer or whatever u call urself, you don't know what you're saying.All those stations u listed above are not useful to me, why can't they make channels like Mtv, Trace, african magic free.Infact, if i want to watch all those stations you listed above, i would just go and purchase a uhf antenna. I cannot pay N21,000 to buy a dstv decoder when i can pay just N15,000 to purchase a Hitv decoder and also enjoy 2 months free subscription. I can pay just N3,500 per month to enjoy Hitv's premium bouquet comprising of world class sports, news and entertainment channels.Dstv's premium bouquet is N9000(imagine) per month.Better still, i would get a startimes decoder for just N9,000 and pay just N1,000 per month to enjoy 40 world class channels.So Mr dstv marketer, go and advertise your wares somewhere else and don't decieve us here with your useless promo.

Hi, congratulations that you live in lagos and able to pick up some of these channels with your uhf antenna. I am really happy for you. But 98% of us dont live in lagos so we are not privilege to your luxury, startimes and all. Being able to get these stations FOC is a welcome development for us as local stations in our areas are awful,

To your post, you made some interesting points but like I've stated countless times, i'm a consumer like you and did my own market research to know who can give me better value for my money.

Seriously, your definition of 'world class channels' must be interesting lol. Just comparing the channels on Hitv's premium bouquet where you pay N3,500/month with Channels on Dstv's Family bouquet where you pay N2,500/month, the difference in quality and content is crystal clear and that is why I and many others go for DSTv. Added to it this bonus of watching the stations in the OP free of charge when my subs expires or when I am broke, what more can I say.

Startimes exist only in lagos and abuja i think. We cannot fold our hands and wait forever for them to cover our locality. 

Also for your information, Dstv offers a bouquet called Dstv access for N1,500 a month check it out
www.dstvafrica.com/dstvafrica/content/en/nigeria/nigeria_products?bId=19 . And if per chance you dont have dough to pay your 1,500 one day, you can still watch some stations and be in the know for free!!

Pls get your facts straight from Hitv's website.
A Hitv complete system plus one month subscription is N18,500,

Dstv family + 3 months subscription FREE= 24,900.
Dstv compact + 3 months subscription FREE= N29,900
Dstv premium + 3 Months subscription FREE = 39,900

All these I was able to get from doing my own market research and then I made MY choice.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2010
samuelade1:

when do they start free channel.this month or they are about to start?
They've started already. If you still cant view the channels, you can go to their facebook page, post your smart card number and tell them to activate it (at least that is what i've seen some people do)
ollybosieb:

@TCD
thanks for the update, its better than , your account has been suspended.
You're welcome.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2010
well, as i have been earlier assigned the unofficial startimes defender by none less than the great george.d himself grin grin grin

i can only say that i think startimes tries with the following stations

MTVbase, which is why i bought it anyway
E!
Bbc world news,
France24
E-stars(nigerian and african movies),
Nickelodeon,
BET,
setanta africa, (bad as e bad as in e nor try but sha. . . . . .)
discovery world

the rest to me na jara on top, so maybe its not that much of a bargain, but what i do know is that they will not add a kobo to their 1k unless they add better stations

now for FTA exponents, i wonder how many times one has to repeat it that YES FTA IS GOOD, MAKES SENSE, BARGAIN, FREE bla bla bla but not all of us have the time nor energy for that TP nonsense.

do u expect me to be dashing an installer money intermittently? whilst i neither have the time nor inclination to do the crap on my own!!!!

let me give u another example, if u own a gsm phone and make calls on it then u are a big mumu!!! why, have;nt u heard of skype? or magicfone or other forms of making calls dirtcheap? or even walkietalkie?
so why do u persist in buying gsm phones and dashing mtn money? shebi u know skype is cheaper and easier, why not just do the one off arrangement of getting a VOIP phone or skype and do the calls thing?

the reason u use ur phone despite available, cheaper alternatives is the same reason pple buy startimes, dstv and hitv instead of one 3m dish blabla!!

so from me to u all:::: Fu-ck FTA in ten places.

go to taraba state and watch NTA jalingo, maybe then u will understand why pple can actually like watching STV free
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by eros(m): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2010
Crap!!! Crap!!! Crap!!! Crap!!!

DStv is a fraudulent and thieving company sucking Nigerians dry just like MTN. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Unfortunately, i am a consumer with no better option or choice to opt for. If only Nigerians can wake up and set up a company that will run them out of business completely in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now / Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.