Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? - Satellite TV Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? (126801 Views)

How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Free To Air Channels On Hitv / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Emmyk(m): 10:04am On Oct 07, 2010
AND NOW THE DANG STATIONS ARE OFF ASIDE THOSE CHONG CHOO STATIONS angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by shokpeti: 10:47am On Oct 07, 2010
Dont know why so many people are attacking the OP.

1) He has reasons to say its a good development in that all the other stations in Lagos are bearable but have you tried watching TV in the east? My goodness, it sends you into instant depression and you would need therapy to come out of it.

2)Some people are thinking its some kind of package you go aquire or something hence they are arguing that the channels can be viewed without DSTV.Thats not what the OP meant. I use DSTV and sometimes , I may not have money(maybe it expires on a weekend). I would still be able to see something on my screen instead of a blank, scrambled channel screen.

3) This effectively reduces the number of wires and cables scattered around in one's house(as I dont need to go get an anteana to view local stations.

4)Once again we thank the FTA buffs and commend them on the information they give out freely but please, live and let live. Not everyone is so inclined .Most of the people who come in and call others fools for 'throwing away' money on paytv, are the FTA guys(its their own money they choose to throw away, yeah?).

Please read what he is saying and understand where he is coming from. Not everyone that comes to talk about DSTV, Hitv, Startimes, are necessarily staff of those organisations.

All of us cant do FTA because it needs big dishes. Such may bring problems with your landlord unless you live in your own house. Not everyone has the patience to stay and track signals endlessly.So please live and let live.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by bigfather(m): 10:24am On Oct 08, 2010
This is not working ! angry
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by freshp(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
big father:

This is not working ! angry

How do you mean?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Emmyk(m): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2010
All the stations listed; BET,KTN,GTV, Only showed for 2days, now I'm grounded wif ONLY CCTV,
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2010
my brother abeg manage the cctv. afterall it's better than nothing. grin
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by freshp(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2010
As said before its all a strategy grin
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by ojofree: 9:50am On Oct 13, 2010
please does anyone have a dstv smart card for sale?, i want one asap
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by twinskenny(m): 10:59am On Oct 13, 2010
George_D:

abi, at least he can watch something
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by freshp(m): 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2010
George_D:

Lol it has been said be fore and will still be said again

The world of the elders are words of wisdom grin
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by chuk101(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2010
guys just for the record 1 month after the expiration of my folks dstv subscription they are still watching all nigerian channels free,just to let u know
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by bigfather(m): 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2010
chuk101:

guys just for the record 1 month after the expiration of my folks dstv subscription they are still watching all nigerian channels free,just to let u know

That's not TRUE angry! I purposely allowed my subscription to expire and the damn thing didn't show. So am wondering how yours is still showing o !
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by chuk101(m): 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2010
Oga big father welldone oooo. My dstv free2view is still working, u can take it or leave it, i dont just post anything rather i make accurate posts.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by bigfather(m): 10:37am On Oct 28, 2010
chuk101:

Oga big father welldone oooo. My dstv free2view is still working, u can take it or leave it, i dont just post anything rather i make accurate posts.

Oya, tell me how you take do am naa ! undecided
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Godalone(m): 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2010
big father:

That's not TRUE angry! I purposely allowed my subscription to expire and the damn thing didn't show. So am wondering how yours is still showing o !
You are right,it is not showing. I did same thing but i was cut off until i renew my subscription.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by chuk101(m): 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2010
Godalone u are right because a friend of mine had similar experience, but in my case i think i wld attribute it to luck i pray u guys enjoy as well, men any thing free is cool.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by olason(m): 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
Chuk, wat decoder type are u using? I was cut off d very day my subscription expired. I use a strong decoder thoug.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by twinskenny(m): 8:23am On Oct 30, 2010
@ all

I know someone with Strong Decoder and have been enjoying dstvfreeto view for sometime now, (nta, ait, channels, islam etc). maybe is not working on their own decoder yet
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by chuk101(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2010
@ olason i am using that yokozuna decoder
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 9:08am On Oct 31, 2010
If your Dstvfreeview does not work after your account has expired, then what you should do is request for activation/reset on their facebook page.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by bigfather(m): 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2010
TCD:

If your Dstvfreeview does not work after your account has expired, then what you should do is request for activation/reset on their facebook page.

Confirmed ! It's working now !
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by phizman(m): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2010
big father:

Confirmed ! It's working now !

pls big father/TCD, i do not enjoy dis free station after my Premium Subscription expired days back. I have commented on d Facebook but nothing is showing, pls help.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by phizman(m): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2010
confirmed!!! mine is now working.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by DisGuy: 1:13am On Dec 04, 2010
Damn I enjoyed reading this thread from top LMAO

TCD you have the patience of i dont even know what!!!

Bloody FTA militants on this thread, y'all crack me up!

Some people think North Nigeria is Sango-Ota (lagos) and Southern Nigeria is Epe (lagos)
infact some lagosians are now like Americans thinking the whole damn country is all lagos lol

In some states you only get NTA after 6pm and its in black and white!!

Now i feel like getting DSTV, even if its just to watch NTA news, Silverbird News, And all the News station showing perfectly!! though i don't live in nigeria, maybe i will get it for my holiday flat!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Onto01: 9:30am On Dec 26, 2010
Please can i watch the free to view on a strong decoder with an unmarried dstv card?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by donaremu(m): 4:11am On Jan 03, 2011
Onto01:

Please can i watch the free to view on a strong decoder with an unmarried dstv card?
Yes, you can
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2011
donaremu:

Yes, you can
Pls how?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by donaremu(m): 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2011
Akerekoroabijawara:

Pls how?
Well it depends on the FTA you interested in nailing.
You can Activate DSTV FTA (which include Channels, AIT, MiTv, STV, NTA, TBN, TV5 etc) by calling Dstv Customer Care or via their facebook page. Also,you can nail some additional FTA (like CCTVN, CCTVF, MBOA TV, RDV, LCF, Loveworldplus etc) if your dish a positioned at DstV EW4/7.

Please read through FTA Channels On W4/&
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 12, 2011
@donaremu, can u help me on how i can unscramble RDV, cos i can testify to ur words, d following i watch 4 free without even subscribing to dstv 4 once: magic world, africa magic+ ,SS9 ,BLITZ,ACTION,ETV, NAT GEO,ZNBC,DRTV,TRACE TV,TSN,DISH,ACTION,TV5,TVT,OLIVE TV,ORTB,TOUBA
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Niceem(m): 10:53am On Jan 12, 2011
dammyalex92:

@donaremu, can u help me on how i can unscramble RDV, cos i can testify to your words, d following i watch 4 free without even subscribing to dstv 4 once: magic world, africa magic+ ,SS9 ,BLITZ,ACTION,ETV, NAT GEO,ZNBC,DRTV,TRACE TV,TSN,DISH,ACTION,TV5,TVT,OLIVE TV,ORTB,TOUBA
Rdv biss key 00 01 48 49 00 01 48 49
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2011
Hi guys. Pls how can i use the biss key on my strong 4650?

Im on W4/7, wt hitv card.

Must i necesarily insert the dstv smartcard b4 i watch those dstv FTA?

Can i use dstv smartcard wt my strong4560?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 15, 2011
@don,I can ur get ur explanation regarding dat rdv, pls throw more light, cos wen d channel open dere is space 4 only 4 digits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now / Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.