Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,448 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos (48646 Views)

Lockdown: What Computer Village Lagos Looks Like Due To Coronavirus (Video) / Meet Abisola Azeez Raolat, The New Iyaloja Of Computer Village, Lagos / Tinubu-ojo Installs Iyaloja, Babaloja In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by kayusely70(m): 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
I dont see anything wrong or absurd in having iyaloja and babaloja at the computer village. It will bring sanity to the place and they would flush out the notorious fradusters there.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Mimicle101: 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
sweetlaw:

if you were employed and hustling for your daily bread, u will understand their plight but since u are a lazy nigerian youth who feeds on people's money (owo boys), i dont blaim you but our leaders that have turned some against some all in the name of 'our land'

big fool

My brother I wish and pray one day Nigerians will wake up.

In a developed country, those sellers could make it hot for who ever is making such a ridiculous decree

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Laidebrain(m): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
How sad!!! Which time and age? How is Lagos different from where you come from? Have they erase all the barbaric rules that govern them?? Or you just want us to pick Lagos as civilised just to please our inner mind Wake up bro..
Mimicle101:

Are you sick on the head?

In these time and age Market head? What is even that.

What would there duties even be. To lord over the market?

Most of you guys need to move to animal kingdom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Jaideyone(m): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
DonConte:
This compound fool I quoted below has no single benefit from the political installation of an Iyaloja or whatever 18th century fuckery they force market people to show subservience to but here he is frothing at the mouth about obeying 'the law of the land' or going back to where you come from.

This level of person shows how deeply backward Nigeria and how gigantic the work needed to be done to groom a people who will (1) think logically and rationally (2) ask critical questions (3) press and act their bit in the development of their country.

Do not be deceived!! His likes are in their millions perpetuating crass ignorance and intolerance of freedom and progress.

Nigeria was a country

it's not our fault you are too myopic to see the importance of having two important symbols of authority in the market. computer village is on Yoruba land. if you are not comfortable with our rules and tradition then you should serious consider relocating outside Yoruba land.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Mace0lane: 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Igbos strangers to the land should be allow to do their trading while Yoruba owners of the land should abdicate their culture to please Igbos.

When many of you Igbos reasons publicly I begin to wonder if you sincerely do not take every other Nigeria for a fool I swear.

Mimicle101:

Can you listing to yourself
Am soo ashamed of the comments coming from some of the yorubas.

Our land? And all that.

Bunch of losers!

Now an igbo person cant stay in any part of Nigeria and do there business again?

Tribalism has completely clouded most of ur guys brain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by naijajobx: 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Good

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by rkennyking(m): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
Actually I am Yoruba and I dont like the idea of this babaloja and iyaloja because they can be very funny some times. But every gathering should surely have a leader hence you can't really take that away. But I am sure the problem here is probably the title because we definetly have something like this in eastern markets too. I think we have to respect the fact that we are in Yoruba land and the market is a major one too so you can't take away the fact that its deserving that it promote the culture of the land. Last last its market politics coming up and nothing can be done about it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Mimicle101: 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
Laidebrain:
How sad!!! Which time and age? How is Lagos different from where you come from? Have they erase all the barbaric rules that govern them?? Or you just want us to pick Lagos as civilised just to please our inner mind Wake up bro..

Wow really, so because they have not erased the barbaric laws where I came from. That means Lagos Government should also make barbaric laws right?

Shame typical Nigerian lazy mentality
Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by wyqay: 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
its their tradition

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Jaideyone(m): 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mimicle101:

My brother I wish and pray one day Nigerians will wake up.

In a developed country, those sellers could make it hot for who ever is making such a ridiculous decree
good you are free to move to developed countries and find markets without association or leadership. clown

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Mimicle101: 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mace0lane:
Igbos strangers to the land should be allow to do their trading while Yoruba owners of the land should abdicate their culture to please Igbos.

When many of you Igbos reasons publicly I begging to wonder if you sincerely do not take every other Nigeria for a fool I swear.

What yoruba culture do you speak of?

And how does ibos doing business in lagos stops your culture

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by grandstar(m): 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
How is computer village a symbol of ICT? Anyway. a so called Iyaloja for the market isn't necessary as the market has developed without one

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Again as well said , one benefit they may get in this new arrangement is that it may forestall permanently the proposed movement of the market to a new location indefinitely.
Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Mimicle101: 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
Jaideyone:
good you are free to move to developed countries and find markets without association or leadership. clown

Bitch like you who fucking finds it difficult to read and understand are also the problem of Nigeria.

Tribalistic slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Then all the Malls for Lagos suppose get Ìyá l'oja

Yes , but turn by turn na in life dey roll na grin

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by lomprico(m): 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
They should also make sure they install iyaloja in all shoprites, Park 'n' shops in lagos.
Nonesence and buhari

5 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by mmsen: 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
Fhemmmy:
They don't want leaders or they don't want a woman leader?

They don't want useless traditions that serve no purpose.

Who will fund these two posts and what purpose will they serve? What problem will they resolve that is not already being taken care of?

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Jaideyone(m): 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mimicle101:

Bitch like you who fucking finds it difficult to read and understand are also the problem of Nigeria.

Tribalistic slowpoke
you are a slowpoke for you to have started with insults when I didn't insult you. show me one big market in developed countries without market leaders and some sort of association. it is Yoruba culture to have iyaloja/babaloja in our markets and computer village remains part of Yoruba land. if you are not comfortable with the tradition pls find somewhere else to trade.

uncouth slowpoke

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Athena4: 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
Timekeeper:

Damn liar, see his mouth. So no Igbo man stood against Abi. Talking rubbish
Egun oshi, saying it was only Yoruba that stood against.

Your mumuness is showing.
Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Bighead9: 4:13pm On Apr 30, 2019
I Congratulate the Afonja's for showing the Igbo's, whose really the Boss. As for us in the North, the Igbo's know where we put them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by OmoOshodi(m): 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
Ikeja City mall....is next

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
DonConte:
This compound fool I quoted below has no single benefit from the political installation of an Iyaloja or whatever 18th century fuckery they force market people to show subservience to but here he is frothing at the mouth about obeying 'the law of the land' or going back to where you come from.

This level of person shows how deeply backward Nigeria and how gigantic the work needed to be done to groom a people who will (1) think logically and rationally (2) ask critical questions (3) press and act their bit in the development of their country.

Do not be deceived!! His likes are in their millions perpetuating crass ignorance and intolerance of freedom and progress.

Nigeria was a country

Just becos of one guy na in u dey blow... all this grammar?

Imagine, just one guy o shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Mimicle101: 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2019
Jaideyone:
you are a slowpoke for you to have started with insults when I didn't insult you. show me one big market in developed countries without market leaders and some sort of association. it is Yoruba culture to have iyaloja/babaloja in our markets and computer village remains part of Yoruba land. if you are not comfortable with the tradition pls find somewhere else to trade.

uncouth slowpoke

"Our land"
"Yoruba land"

Is Yoruba not in Nigeria?

By the time fools like you learn to state your opinion without using above quoted words when discussing about matters that concern every Nigerian Citizen then people like me will start taking you serious... kak

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Beremx(f): 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
T9ksy:
Last, last you guys will still have to obey the "Law of the land" - Afonja's rule and regulations else you are perfectly welcome to carry your products on your flat heads and relocate back to your hamlets.

As long as you lot chose to trade in our land, you are bound by our rules else you can naff off. No biggie
Your bigotry is legendary. so you haven't changed? FYI, the leader of the protest is a Yoruba man. Use your tongue to count your teeth

4 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Athena4: 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mace0lane:

When many of you Igbos reasons publicly I begging to wonder if you sincerely do not take every other Nigeria for a fool I swear.

Egbon. The iyaloja/babaloja thing will affect all the traders WHO HAPPEN TO COME FROM OVER 178 TRIBES IN NIGERIA negatively. This is not a Igbo , Yoruba fight. Stop making issues there are none.This tribal thing is stale. shey if you fall sick 2morrow na Igbo do you? if ur money loss na igbo.? If ur joystick refuse stand na Igbo? O boy get a life . You sound insane in all your posts Igbo this , Yoruba that. This thing will kukuma kill you in sleep.

5 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Dorlovito: 4:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
T9ksy:
Last, last you guys will still have to obey the "Law of the land" - Afonja's rule and regulations else you are perfectly welcome to carry your products on your flat heads and relocate back to your hamlets.

As long as you lot chose to trade in our land, you are bound by our rules else you can naff off. No biggie
you can never grow Agbero you are and agbero you will remain

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by PureMind2: 4:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
It is a welcome idea so for it will contribute to the development of the market

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Beremx(f): 4:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
post=77986297:

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM!!
That dude is one of those who brought tribalism to nairaland. It was even rumoured back then he was FFK. Go to facebook and see how sensible Yorubas are condemning this nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Jaideyone(m): 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mimicle101:

"Our land"
"Yoruba land"

By the time fools like you learn to state your opinion without using above quoted words when discussing about matters that concern every Nigerian Citizen then people like me will start taking you serious... kak
illiterate

is Ibo land not in Nigeria? who has stopped you from in installing your obi and ezes in your land? iyaloja and babaloja are Yoruba tradition that started hundreds of years ago before the word Nigeria was ever thought of. you are fool for failing at comprehension

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Laidebrain(m): 4:21pm On Apr 30, 2019
Must you be insultive to express yourself..? Just cuz you wanna make a point does not make other people's perspective about the issue wrong. You need to retrain your mind. There is nothing ethnocentric here, it's just common sense.. Every clan must have a leader to bring sanity to their existence. You need to Google the roles of the so called Iyaloja and Babaloja. Or maybe it's the name that is getting you scared.. For all the abuses you have being rendering since, I think you need a brain check... Nonsense
Mimicle101:

"Our land"
"Yoruba land"

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Beremx(f): 4:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
rkennyking:
Actually I am Yoruba and I dont like the idea of this babaloja and iyaloja because they can be very funny some times. But every gathering should surely have a leader hence you can't really take that away. But I am sure the problem here is probably the title because we definetly have something like this in eastern markets too. I think we have to respect the fact that we are in Yoruba land and the market is a major one too so you can't take away the fact that its deserving that it promote the culture of the land. Last last its market politics coming up and nothing can be done about it
There is nothing like traditional heads of markets in the east. If you know anyone. say it out

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Akanbiedu(m): 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2019
Beremx:
There is nothing like traditional heads of markets in the east. If you know anyone. say it out

It doesn't matter whether there is or not in the East. Market head is part and parcel of West.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
Beremx:
That dude is one of those who brought tribalism to nairaland. It was even rumoured back then he was FFK. Go to facebook and see how sensible Yorubas are condemning this nonsense
This will actually be the first time we noticed his post.
We just detest anything TRIBALISM.
It keeps taking the nation back ten steps..In ONE NIGERIA we believe.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sam Larry: I Gave Mohbad 2M To Perform At My Mum's Burial, He Never Showed Up / Business I Can Start With 400k In Lagos / Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.