Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo (1810 Views)

The Peter Obi Then And Peter Obi Now (photo) / If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen / Kaduna Train Attack: Before And Now Photo In Captivity Of Barr. Usman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by sheedy407(m): 7:38am On May 01, 2019
Guess what,queues are coming back again.
With all the fuse surrounding the increment of fuel, its currently been sold for N170 per litre in Uyo,Akwa Ibom.

We were not expecting this change before election.

How much is it currently been sold in your area?

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by sheedy407(m): 7:38am On May 01, 2019
More

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Kurtis02(m): 7:40am On May 01, 2019
Ikpa keep quiet .
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by popsy2(m): 7:40am On May 01, 2019
Next Level ti take over.
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by richidinho(m): 7:44am On May 01, 2019
Please be calm, don't take laws into your hand because the mandate is a stolen one, our economic experts will soon take over govt and correct every abnormalities

Atiku is coming

1 Like

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Nobody: 7:47am On May 01, 2019
richidinho:
Please be calm, don't take laws into your hand because the mandate is a stolen one, our economic experts will correct every abnormalities

Atiku is coming

If Atiku comes in, he can either

1.Remove subsidy completely, meaning that prices go up to N200 and above

2.Force down prices to N90...meaning that with landing costs being at N180, fuel marketers would be selling at a loss, and the amount of money we are spending on 'subsidy' would rocket up.

3.Do nothing.

Fuel in the FCT is between N142-145.

In my opinion, option 1 is the right answer.
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Nbote(m): 7:49am On May 01, 2019
Bida fuel is sold for around 200 a litre.. Was in Enugu a couple of weeks ago and it was 150 a litre.. But d govt prefers to kip lying to itself and it's stupid supporters about d real situation of things.. We are all expecting dem to do d needful and increase it like dey have been planning to since last year

1 Like

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by sheedy407(m): 7:51am On May 01, 2019
Nbote:
Bida fuel is sold for around 200 a litre.. Was in Enugu a couple of weeks ago and it was 150 a litre.. But d govt prefers to kip lying to itself and it's stupid supporters about d real situation of things.. We are all expecting dem to do d needful and increase it like dey have been planning to since last year

Male them just increase am offocially remain
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by otokx(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2019
Its 143 here @ NNPC Port Harcourt.
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by richidinho(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2019
tactius:

2.Force down prices to N90...meaning that with landing costs being at N180, fuel marketers would be selling at a loss, and the amount of money we are spending on 'subsidy' would rocket up.

3.Do nothing.

Why is fuel been sold for 170naira now that subsidy is not been removed?

Don't worry like I said, Atiku's team is filled with economic experts, they know what to do when they come in
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Nobody: 7:53am On May 01, 2019
Nbote:

So you don't want the government to icnrease prices of fuel?

There is a reason why GEJ went 'bananas' in 2012 and riased fuel from N65 to N140....because subsidy was in essence being used to pay for illegal smuggling of fuel across the border among other things.

Why should we pay a cabal money so that we can see cheap fuel. Why not remove subsidy....yes prices will go up, but we would have more money for government projects like railways, AND investment would flow in...leading to new refienries built without a drop of government money.

But the sad thing is Nigerians like cheap fuel. PDP activists , like their APC activist opponents back in 2012...use fuel price increase to make the other party look bad...and lost in the fight is the health of our economy and our oil sector.
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by richidinho(m): 7:58am On May 01, 2019
tactius:

There is a reason why GEJ went 'bananas' in 2012 and riased fuel from N65 to N140....because subsidy was in essence being used to pay for illegal smuggling of fuel across the border among other things.

Why should we pay a cabal money so that we can see cheap fuel. Why not remove subsidy....yes prices will go up, but we would have more money for government projects like railways, AND investment would flow in...leading to new refienries built without a drop of government money.

But the sad thing is Nigerians like cheap fuel. PDP activists , like their APC activist opponents back in 2012...use fuel price increase to make the other party look bad...and lost in the fight is the health of our economy and our oil sector.

Buhari met fuel at 87 but raised it to 145, more than the price that would have been total removal of subsidy by GEJ in 2012

where are the gains?

where are the refineries, hospitals railway and the investment in education

4 Likes

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Nobody: 7:59am On May 01, 2019
richidinho:

Why is fuel been sold for 170naira now that subsidy is not been removed?

Don't worry like I said, Atiku's team is filled with economic experts, they know what to do when they come in

Fuel is at N170 for the same reason marketers smuggle fuel across the broder and sell it at N390 in Niger (the official price) and N290 in Benin....

Marketers are running a business. They have to survive.

That is what happened under GEJ...and that is what he was trying to prevent by raising fuel prices to N140 in 2012. Nigerians preffered cheap fuel...prices went DOWN TO n97. By 2014...outside Lagos and Abuja, fuel was above N120. Marketers could not run a business...because subsidy was forcing them to sell at a loss. So, they gave the middle finger to DPR and did as they liked.

As for Atiku...he was saying that he wants to cut fuel to N90. Unless he wants to spend billions on subsidy....adding to the billions this government is already wasting on subsidy...money we don't have...I don;t see it as feasible.

Subsidy has to go
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Nobody: 8:05am On May 01, 2019
richidinho:

Buhari met fuel at 87 but raised it to 145, more the price that would have been total removal by GEJ in 2012

where are the gains?

1.Buhari's price raise did not make sense...because government was setting the price. If he was serious, he would have stopped setting the price, and allowed marketers to set whatever price they wanted...and competiton and investment does its thing...bringing down prices low.

2.At the time Buhari raised prices, importing a liter of fuel cost N132. Fuel was being sold at N87. Many marketers were already ignoring the N87 price. And thanks to the subsidy regime that Nigerians forced on GEJ...goverment was owing marketers billions....from the GEJ regime up to the PMB regime, a debt which just got paid off recently.

Prices were raised to N145, ending subsidy. When the import cost wwent above N150...with the rise in crude oil prices...the government brought back subsidy as 'underrecovery' and made NNPC take the bulk of the payments

Real funny economics there.

Whereas if GEJ or PMB had allowed the market to set the price...sure fuel would have been VERY EXPENSIVE...but....investment and refinereis would have been built.

Even with PMB's increase...which refinery owner is going to come and set up a refinery with governemnt setting prices? What if his cost of production exceeds government price? (That's why Dangote refnery won't lower fuel prices....Dangote has to pay his debt, plus produciton cost).
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Nbote(m): 8:08am On May 01, 2019
tactius:

Oh shut d Bleep up.... Can U justify why d govt is paying more in subsidy now despite increasing fuel from 87 to 143? The bullcrap u typed up there was d same nonsense d govt and kachikwu told Nigerians wen dey claimed to have removed subsidy. Refineries are still comatose and we are still taking loans here and there. I have told anyone who cared to listen since last year dat dis govt will eventually have to increase fuel despite claiming not to b paying subsidy. It is irritating how dey kip lying to cover their asses and hypocrites like U lots come out to embarrass urselves. Jus weeks ago dey were all over d news debunking price increase claims while blaming marketers as usual

1 Like

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Nobody: 8:18am On May 01, 2019
Nbote:

Can U justify why d govt is paying more in subsidy now despite increasing fuel from 87 to 143? The bullcrap u typed up there was d same nonsense d govt and kachikwu told Nigerians wen dey claimed to have removed subsidy. Refineries are still comatose and we are still taking loans here and there. I have told anyone who cared to listen since last year dat dis govt will eventually have to increase fuel despite claiming not to b paying subsidy. It is irritating how dey kip lying to cover their asses and hypocrites like U lots come out to embarrass urselves. Jus weeks ago dey were all over d news debunking price increase claims while blaming marketers as usual

Government is paying more in subsidy because landing costs of fuel have increased...

We import most of the fuel we use in this country. That has been the fact long before Buhari came around...indeed long before GEJ came around. And even if all the refineries were working...at best half our needs would be met.(AT best).

Also due to low oil prices...we need oil to be at $140 per barrel to run a debt free budget...we don't have enough dollars to buffer the naira...and as a result, the naira is falling invalue , contributing to the rise in prices.

And as a result, the cost of importing fuel is increasing.It was N99 in 2012, N132 in 2016, and now N180

Refieneries are in a bad state because susbidy , and government setting the price means that anyone setting a refinery would be forced to sell fuel below the production cost...preventing refinery owner from making much of a profit to invest in refinery upkeep, and maintenance, as well as building or expanding facilities. That's why NNPC's refining infrastructiure is in a bad state....that plus corruption, and sabotage over the years....for corrupt purposes.

1 Like

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Mace0lane: 8:34am On May 01, 2019
So Buhari should go ahead n do that now ba ?
You won’t wail ?

tactius:

3.Do nothing.

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by SarkinYarki: 8:37am On May 01, 2019
Shut up and enjoy next level ...we warned you about Buhari
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Nobody: 8:38am On May 01, 2019
Mace0lane:
So Buhari should go ahead n do that now ba ?
You won’t wail ?

Considering that I have backed subsidy removal since 2012...why should i.?

The problem with discussing subsidy removal here on Nairaland is that most Nigerians don't want it...despite the fact that a cabal benefits from it, and despite the sharp practices...because cheap fuel is preferable...even at the expense of our economic development.

By the way, I don't support PDP or APC, but I know a good idea when I see one.

1 Like

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Mace0lane: 8:38am On May 01, 2019
So your father have eyes but can still not see the rails Ameche commissioned n still building, you can not see the airport terminals in Abuja n PH, what about the roads in the East Fashola is building, the new built bridge in Mokwa with the road ? Dry port in Kaduna Dams in Sabke, Manju Maska earth dam Katsina etc Pls who is blind btw you n your father ?
richidinho:

Buhari met fuel at 87 but raised it to 145, more than the price that would have been total removal of subsidy by GEJ in 2012

where are the gains?

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by richidinho(m): 8:48am On May 01, 2019
Mace0lane:
So your father have eyes but can still not see the rails Ameche commissioned n still building, you can not see the airport terminals in Abuja n PH, what about the roads in the East Fashola is building, the new built bridge in Mokwa with the road ? Dry port in Kaduna Dams in Sabke, Manju Maska earth dam Katsina etc Pls who is blind btw you n your father ?

mstheeew.. kids everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by NinjaMetahuman: 9:09am On May 01, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Shut up and enjoy next level ...we warned you about Buhari
cry cry baby

you go enjoy am too tongue
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by SarkinYarki: 9:13am On May 01, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
cry cry baby

you go enjoy am too tongue

Me I can afford next level!!! Can you...As we speak I afford 24 hours electricity for my self , can you .. even 500 a litre I afford , can you ?
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by NinjaMetahuman: 9:16am On May 01, 2019
[s]
SarkinYarki:

Me I can afford next level!!! Can you...As we speak I afford 24 hours electricity for my self , can you .. even 500 a litre I afford , can you ?
[/s]keep dreaming. cheesy
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by SarkinYarki: 9:17am On May 01, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
[s][/s]keep dreaming. cheesy

Dream ke ? I am living the life na you dey suffer
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by NinjaMetahuman: 9:23am On May 01, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Dream ke ? I am living the life na you dey suffer
yet im not the one wailing, and you are. does that make any sense? cheesy

how much is a litter of pms in the imaginary place you live?
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by oursnail(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2019
Truth is always bitter and sour. But it will reveal at end. Either we like it or not, sooner or later, the fuel pump price will increase because government will find means of pay civil servants or whatsoever name they call themselves and it is we innocent people that the government will milk dried to pay them. Although honesty we are not yet experience fuel pump price in Oyo state as of today May 1st 2019,but we are already prepared for it.
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Amuocha: 11:01am On May 01, 2019
Sai Buhari angry angry angry
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by chloride6: 11:43am On May 01, 2019
You need to report that filling station if indeed it is petrol...

May as well be a diesel pump..
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Mailthaddeus(m): 12:37pm On May 01, 2019
tactius:

3.Do nothing.

Who told u landing cost is 180?
Meanwhile PMB and his cronies were arguing before they won d 2015 Elections that Landing cost of PMS is 45naira, yet sold fuel at the highest price ever.
Re: See How Much Fuel Is Been Sold Now : Photo by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 01, 2019
Mailthaddeus:

Who told u landing cost is 180?

Kalichukwu said so recently. And he should know...as Minister of State for petroleum, he runs NNPC directly.

Meanwhile PMB and his cronies were arguing before they won d 2015 Elections that Landing cost of PMS is 45naira, yet sold fuel at the highest price ever.

APC that was saying that they would ctu fuel prices to N45 in 2015....when we were having dififculty maintaing it at N87?

You want me to believe them when they said that??

If they actually said that back then, then they have zero knowledge of the oil industry and how it works? Anyway, by now their eyes have cleared.

(1) (Reply)

Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria / The First Secessionist In The Zoo..[b]the Man Who Saw Tomorrow[/b]! / BREAKING: Five Soldiers Feared Dead As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.