Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote (1004 Views)

Aliko Dangote Visits President Tinubu In Ikoyi Residence / Aliko Dangote & Zainab Ahmed Visit The Oil Refinery In Lagos / Atiku Is A Case Study On Corruption In USA By Homeland Security. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by festacman(m): 11:42am On May 01, 2019
When billionaire businessman and philantropist Aliko Dangote completes his refinery complex and stabilizes its operation, would it be taking too much risk for the young people of this country to unite to pressure him to run for President in 2023. He has gained so much from Nigeria, is it not high time Nigeria and Nigerians in turn gain from his wealth of experience in corporate governance and his immense international goodwill.

Some people would argue that running a business empire is a different kettle of fish to running a country but is he not much better qualified than Yakubu Gowon, late Murtala Muhammed, younger Olusegun Obasanjo, Shehu Shagari, younger Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida, Ernest Shonekan, late Sani Abacha, Adulsalam Abubakar, older Olusegun Obasanjo, late Umaru Yaradua, Goodluck Jonathan and older Muhammed Buhari? Yet, each of these people with their incredible deficiencies presided over the affairs of this great country and we survived.

Apart from his enviable experience, Aliko Dangote comes across as a practical CEO that has penchant for planning, timelines and results. He has a ruthlessly steel face but, interestingly, exhibits down-to-earth demeanour in relating to others. He is globally exposed and therefore would not want to fail as the whole world would be watching him. His success in supervising multicountry business operation shows he is open to new ideas and adept in deploying mordern work technologies that drive development. He has proven his ability to create multicultural teams and exhibited temperament to work with such teams to achieve results.

The issue of North, South, East and West is irrelevant for now. It is about making conscious effort to create a New Nigeria. And indeed, every 'revolution' is a product of conscious effort and hope-inspired sacrifice that the future will be better than the present and the past.

With his money, goodwill and stature, the current OLD POLITICAL ORDER that has given him incredible favours is likely to trust him than any brand new radically disposed candidate. Riding on such needed trust and the resulting stable polity, 'President' Aliko Dangote will spearhead a NEW POLITICAL ORDER that will be driven by critical ideas, service-based leadership, knowledge-driven planning, development and expansion of the economy, shrewd management and allocation of resources, accountability, positive balance of human and infrastructural development, etc. Sounding rosy already!

What do you think?

Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by LibertyRep: 11:47am On May 01, 2019
I had thought the disastrous venture of the late business mogul and philanthropist, Bashorun MKO Abiola, into politics meant that wealthy businessmen shouldn't get close to politics but a certain Donald Trump proved that wrong.

I do not however subscribe to the idea of 'begging' or prevailing on people to contest. Such people always flop since they aren't prepared for the task, examples are abound.

Good luck to him.
Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by ambu2: 1:29pm On May 01, 2019
Another fulani cow man?
Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by mrvitalis(m): 2:27pm On May 01, 2019
festacman:
When billionaire businessman and philantropist Aliko Dangote completes his refinery complex and stabilizes its operation, would it be taking too much risk for the young people of this country to unite to pressure him to run for President in 2023. He has gained so much from Nigeria, is it not high time Nigeria and Nigerians in turn gain from his wealth of experience in corporate governance and his immense international goodwill.

Some people would argue that running a business empire is a different kettle of fish to running a country but is he not much better qualified than Yakubu Gowon, late Murtala Muhammed, younger Olusegun Obasanjo, Shehu Shagari, younger Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida, Ernest Shonekan, late Sani Abacha, Adulsalam Abubakar, older Olusegun Obasanjo, late Umaru Yaradua, Goodluck Jonathan and older Muhammed Buhari? Yet, each of these people with their incredible deficiencies presided over the affairs of this great country and we survived.

Apart from his enviable experience, Aliko Dangote comes across as a practical CEO that has penchant for planning, timelines and results. He has a ruthlessly steel face but, interestingly, exhibits down-to-earth demeanour in relating to others. He is globally exposed and therefore would not want to fail as the whole world would be watching him. His success in supervising multicountry business operation shows he is open to new ideas and adept in deploying mordern work technologies that drive development. He has proven his ability to create multicultural teams and exhibited temperament to work with such teams to achieve results.

The issue of North, South, East and West is irrelevant for now. It is about making conscious effort to create a New Nigeria. And indeed, every 'revolution' is a product of conscious effort and hope-inspired sacrifice that the future will be better than the present and the past.

With his money, goodwill and stature, the current OLD POLITICAL ORDER that has given him incredible favours is likely to trust him than any brand new radically disposed candidate. Riding on such needed trust and the resulting stable polity, 'President' Aliko Dangote will spearhead a NEW POLITICAL ORDER that will be driven by critical ideas, service-based leadership, knowledge-driven planning, development and expansion of the economy, shrewd management and allocation of resources, accountability, positive balance of human and infrastructural development, etc. Sounding rosy already!

What do you think?

Show me any business he has faced competition and came out top 3 ? Then i would take him serious

He used to be my mentor till i found out he has no single business sense

Refinery is not a profitable business ...only the petrol chemical is profitable ...and we have endorama there ....lol ...trust me minus his cement factory outside nigeria he is gone

Ibeto is back for him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by duvetmaster: 2:54pm On May 01, 2019
He can't make it in politics. That's for sure
Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by Toosure70: 2:58pm On May 01, 2019
senseless Post.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by ambu2: 4:22pm On May 01, 2019
mrvitalis:

Show me any business he has faced competition and came out top 3 ? Then i would take him serious

Refinery is not a profitable business ...only the petrol chemical is profitable ...and we have endorama there ....lol ...trust me minus his cement factory outside nigeria he is gone

Ibeto is back for him
I concur. Dangote received far many governmental favours. He is not selfmade man like Innoson, Coscharis, etc

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by ambu2: 4:33pm On May 01, 2019
mrvitalis:

Ibeto is back for him
Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by authenticman(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Ibeto is back for him

Una dey quarel?
Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by swagsguy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
This is a BLANTANT capital NO!!!!!!!
Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by Banmeallday: 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
This is why referee are calling bogus fouls on you “Blacks” because they have 0 respect for you...

Just because better countries have billionaires that care about making countries great doesnt mean thieves get and sinister ones in Africa can do the same.

Dangote for president,,,,LOL
Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by Ugosample(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2019
Dangote is better as a business man
As for you people talking nonsense abt Dangote business
no comment
one is even calling Ibeto cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2023: Making A Case For 'President' Aliko Dangote by kettykin: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
ambu2:
Another fulani cow man?

Bush goat

(1) (Reply)

BUHARI Has spent #3 .5trillion on infrastructures In 3 Years~oshibanjo / President Buhari: It's Not Easy Selling Success Of My Government To Nigerians / Xenophobia: Nigerians Receive Strong Warning As S’africans Resume Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.