Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,011 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. (42106 Views)

3 Hot Lessons I Learnt During The 6-Hour MTN Downtime, In Nigeria! / Why Do Yahoo Boys Love IOS Devices / What Have You Unintentionally Learnt From Your Device So Far ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by holuphisayor(m): 4:10pm On May 01, 2019
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by holuphisayor(m): 4:11pm On May 01, 2019
I once saw a guy with a large dump of mobile phone numbers. You know what this guy was doing?
He'll copy a phone number and paste it into facebook search bar. Then most likely a profile will pop out. I knew he's going to scam people with stuffs like that

2 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Bonjoro: 4:11pm On May 01, 2019
Stop advertising for access bank, go and hide ur face somewhere. Eran.

4 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by ayanleye12(m): 4:11pm On May 01, 2019
I can be the only one that felt this story was all feigned just to trend before you lash me lemme come and be going

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by alezzy13: 4:12pm On May 01, 2019
Nigg3369:
Dude I think everything you're saying is false because PayPal allows every country including Nigeria to send and receive money

Stop saying what you don't know. What OP said is very correct. Thanks to yahoo boiz most of such companies ban Nigerian users.

In fact it was only recently paypal included us among those list, but it's only personal acc, ie, you can only send but not receive. Even at that it's not all of our cards that will work.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by alezzy13: 4:13pm On May 01, 2019
holuphisayor:

I once saw a guy with a large dump of mobile phone numbers. You know what this guy was doing?
He'll copy a phone number and paste it into facebook search bar. Then most likely a profile will pop out. I knew he's going to scam people with stuffs like that

Hmm
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Starboytwo(m): 4:13pm On May 01, 2019
alezzy13:

Spotted.
not spotted Kan kan,u can't eliminate Yahoo boys and leave corrupt politicians,policemen and business man.....infact how many people you wan catch.....every damn youth 8 outta 10 be "G....abeg make all man find in way....

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by kombats: 4:14pm On May 01, 2019
Whatsfree:

100% Guaranteed Winning Game Available For High Stakers (5k and above stake)

If you can stake very well on this single game and Pay After Win with no excuses then wh-atsapp

090*1607*4033

SMH
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by oduademonest: 4:15pm On May 01, 2019
These are Yahoo-men, not Yahoo-boys
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 4:15pm On May 01, 2019
Nigg3369:
Dude I think everything you're saying is false because PayPal allows every country including Nigeria to send and receive money

That is not correct...

You cannot receive money on Nigeria Paypal account.

2 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by MzTunechi(f): 4:16pm On May 01, 2019
Thank God Access bank was swift to act
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by kombats: 4:16pm On May 01, 2019
missginna:
Congrats to all subscriber , It Available , Dm or whatsapp.

SMH undecided undecided
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:16pm On May 01, 2019
As a TECH CAPON u fall my hand big time.
Never disclose your password and bank card details to anyone, na everytime them dey talk am.
And no be every scammer online be Naija boy.
Indians sabi scam die, no pray to jam them, we dey learn work for them side/
Anyways, i thank God say dem no move your money.
Lesson learned

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by hinere(m): 4:17pm On May 01, 2019
Their Karma is going to sting them so hard and sweet.

Karma is a black bitch.
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Npfn: 4:18pm On May 01, 2019
Another paid post sponsored to deviate us from police brutality you have to sanctify our anti fraud system fight politicians yahoo or no yahoo let's us end police brutality and create job
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Princeofasia: 4:18pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
really?
thats another sccam ust ignore
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by logan2(m): 4:18pm On May 01, 2019
Exactly the same thing that happened to me early this year
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 4:19pm On May 01, 2019
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 01, 2019
cvibe2:

That is not correct...

You cannot receive money on Nigeria Paypal account.
So I just checked and it is true but then why not use cashapp it doesn't need your location to send or receive money
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by anonymous1759(m): 4:22pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
TechCapon

For everyone out there who is fond of praising yahoo boys or saying things like “they’re just trying to recover our stolen wealth from white people”, I pity you and pray you never fall victim to a yahoo boy in your life because that’s when you will feel the gravity of pain and agony those guys have inflicted on innocent unsuspecting victims.

They are scavengers and ready to scam anyone who falls into their fraudulent schemes whether white man or black man, old or young, rich or poor, educated or illiterate. No one is completely safe and immune to the activities of yahoo boys and they keep innovating new strategies to defraud people of their hard earned money.

They have ruined lives, destroyed homes, inflicted pains and severely tainted our image as a country. Deny legitimate hard working people many opportunities because the world has lost trust in anyone called a Nigerian. It breaks my heart to hear people asking why law enforcement officers are arresting these people and I ask such people. “Is it until they scam your father of his retirement savings that you will condemn this evil that has so plagued our country and tarnished our image in the worst possible way?”

Well said, what do you think is the solution to all these? If people still go into kidnapping and robbery despite the Death penalty do you think yahoo will ever end? People are been kidnapped everyday the country is getting more insecure each passing day despite all effort.
We should focus on the politicians leading people to evil. Just yesterday they added 23 billion to their no-one is saying about it. Do you know how far that money can go? How many lives it'll take out of the streets?
The energy we put on yahoo boys it's not worth it.
The politicians should be feeling the heat. Let the Government just try and employ half of the youth and see if yahoo won't reduce. Imagine people mining skull for 5k do you think if those guys have a job of 50k they'll go into it?.. Very soon yahoo boys will turn on Armed robbers just like the old days. And we'll see the full wrath. Since we pretend and shy away from the real deal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Bonjoro: 4:23pm On May 01, 2019
Lol one local spoted. grin
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Blakjewelry(m): 4:27pm On May 01, 2019
abdeiz:
I think there should be an enlightent program, where cybersecurity experts can come in to educate us on how to protect ourselves from criminals online.
Just a thread here would do to. Enough of this menace. It's not like they use the money to do good sef.
I was even thinking of writing a comprehensive article on how they work, but a bit of a bad writer couple with laziness to write
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by hahn(m): 4:27pm On May 01, 2019
Nigg3369:

So I just checked and it is true but then why not use cashapp it doesn't need your location to send or receive money

If you are into legitimate online business you will know that foreign customers will rather pay via PayPal tha n cashapp. That is if they even know what it is

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 4:27pm On May 01, 2019
Nigg3369:

Just hearing of cashapp for the first time....I wouldn't subscribe to all those fly by night applications. If it is not regulated by any financial standard Authority, pls regard it as scam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Timantech(m): 4:29pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
I have a friend who operates a Kenyan paypal account. Very honest guy just that they charge 20% of the money as commission. Its still better than being scammed by the likes of skrill and others

Techcapon all you have to do is open a foreign paypal and operate it uding vpn
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by femi4: 4:29pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
Then he messaged me with the killer message to sent my VISA DEBIT CARD details. Including expiring date and CVV2 so they can synchronize it my account and I will be able to withdraw my funds. Either they were so professional and had earned my trust or I was under some sort of spell I can’t tell but I went straight to my wallet, brought out my ACCESS BANK DEBIT CARD and gave them every single detail on the card.

Before you think I’m stupid or crazy for giving away my card details I want you to understand something. I also use PAYONEER to receive funds from Fiverr and the moment you create an account with Payoneer, you are given a Mastercard. Then you’re required to activate the card with your card details on your Payoneer dashboard before you can make withdrawals. I thought it was the same procedure used by Skrill and being familiar with this process I quickly gave them my card details.

IMMEDIATELY I dropped my ATM CARD details in their DM, they blocked me on Twitter. INSTANTLY, I knew I was being SCAMMED. Blocking me immediately was the mistake they did because by blocking me, they had alerted me to the fact that they were Yahoo boys. Using my registered SIM linked to my account. I quickly sent a text message to my bank to block my card. Immediately, I sent CARDSOFF to 30811. With the SPEED OF LIGHT, Access bank blocked the card automatically saving me from being the latest victim of Yahoo boys. The time was 5:17 PM when banks would have closed for the day.

Still not convinced, I called the customer care number and was surprised at how quickly they responded to my call. Then they guy confirmed that the card has already been blocked and asked if I wanted him to apply for another card for me I said yes. He applied for another card for me and told me when to pick up the new card at my branch. Then in order to confirm if actually, my bank balance was still intact, I decided to recharge my phone through my bank and then I received a debit alert and that was when I knew my account was intact and I had won the battle.
That was very close.....how far with skrill money, did you finally give up chasing it
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by abdeiz(m): 4:30pm On May 01, 2019
Blakjewelry:

I was even thinking of writing a comprehensive article on how they work, but a bit of a bad writer couple with laziness to write

Please write it as it comes, you never know who you could help out there. Please do tag me if you're going to post it here. smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by spik007: 4:31pm On May 01, 2019
Honestly guys ,when they begin to die one by one they will stop this nonsense of defrauding people. Defrauding anyone,whether black man or white man is not good. But defrauding an African, A Nigeria especially can be so disastrous. A white man can let go, not all Nigerians can let go when you defraud them. They are bitter and can go to any length to get revenge, I am talking from real life experience. I know a fraudster that lost his whole children, he couldn't complain because the works of his hands are not clean. Na jungle justice fit these Yahoo boys,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by grandstar(m): 4:32pm On May 01, 2019
cvibe2:

The only way is to sell your PayPal funds to someone in Naira...even at that, there are many fraudsters...

I've been duped before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 / Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? / How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.