Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance (26326 Views)

Tinubu Campaign Team Unhappy With Soyinka's Response To Pyrates Video / Ramatu Aliyu Donates May Salary To Secure Release Of 5 Inmates / Ayade Pays Cross River Workers May Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by titiloyeblog: 3:05pm On May 01, 2019
@titiloyeblog.com

Cross River State governor, Prof Ben Ayade, has promised to pay the new N30, 000 minimum wage approved by the Federal Government.

Ayade, who spoke through the Secretary to the State Government, Tina Agbor, promised to implement the new minimum wage as soon as necessary modalities are sorted out by the Federal Government.

The governor made this known at the May Day rally in Calabar on Wednesday just as workers in the state got their salaries for the month of May.

The state chairman of the Trade Union Congress (TUC), Comrade Clarkson Otu, said workers and the leadership of labour were unhappy over such early payment of salaries by the state government even though the government means well.

“As labor leaders, we do not support it (early salaries payment). We have told His Excellency that it is not proper.

“April salary was paid only last week and on May 1st he pays May salary. We are surprised he still paid early this month in spite of our protest. We will continue to engage him on that,” he said.

The state chairman of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Comrade Ben Ukpepi also decried the early payment of salaries by the state government.

Ukpepi said the leadership of labor under him will engage with the governor with a view to putting an end to early payments of salaries in the state.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/cross-river-workers-unhappy-with-may.html

L

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by CanineOfJackal: 3:09pm On May 01, 2019
If only Aregbesola and Tanya Bello will rule cross river for 3 months. They will so owe salaries that they will owe salaries of the generation unborn.

I see some urchins here criticizing Yaya Bellofor not paying salaries forgetting that Aregbesola was also in the same poo with him but Aregbe was given clean bill of health because he is Omuluabi and Osun are used to suffering.

Seunmsg I'm talking to you because your hypocrisy is messing up my holiday

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by popsy2(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2019
Lol.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Kk4(m): 3:31pm On May 01, 2019
You can never please my Nigeria people.
Salary Come early, dem complain. E come late, na wahala.
Them increase minimum wage, dem say dem no want, okay leave it at 18k, protest Ugandan.
Happy new month and workers day my good people.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by yerokunphilips: 3:39pm On May 01, 2019
popsy2:
Lol.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 01, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
If only Aregbesola and Tanya Bello will rule cross river for 3 months. They will so owe salaries that they will owe salaries of the generation unborn.

I see some urchins here criticizing Yaya Bellofor not paying salaries forgetting that Aregbesola was also in the same poo with him but Aregbe was given clean bill of health because he is Omuluabi and Osun are used to suffering.

Seunmsg I'm talking to you because your hypocrisy is messing up my holiday
You don't mean it
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Olatunji1929: 4:12pm On May 01, 2019
you people deserve yeye bello or aregbesola

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by codedguy1(m): 4:28pm On May 01, 2019
Kk4:
You can never please my Nigeria people.
Salary Come early, dem complain. E come late, na wahala.
Them increase minimum wage, dem say dem no want, okay leave it at 18k, protest Ugandan.
Happy new month and workers day my good people.

If this is true even you absolutely dont know what you are talking g about.

How can you pay May salary on the 1st of May when April salary was just paid a week ago. Why is he paying the salary early?

So they will have to wait till ending of June about 2 months before they see any other salary or is he going to paying salaries on the 1st of every month even before the person works for it?

The guy does not want to pay the new wage at the end of May so he quickly paid May salary on the1st.

Smart guy, trying to buy time but at the detriment of the workers, thats why they are unhappy.

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by aare07(m): 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
The month of May will look like 60 days

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by ainas247: 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
grin grin grin grin Tha May first salary is a BONUS.

Dominate Google rank with your business.
let me show you how

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by benjamin007: 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
Nigerians sefffff

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Muhylonaire(m): 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
Omo this people dey enjoy ooo... When someone somewhere is owing 38months and still counting...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by tstx(m): 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
You go fear na

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by omoadeleye(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2019
Let me send my account number to them so they it can serve as a central account where they would reverse their salary,

4 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by chelsea1116(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2019
Imagine..
Dis country weak me..nobody can b pleased agen cos dis country h made us lose sight of wot good gesture is..

5 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by adebobconed(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2019
Hahahahaha
Na so

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by driand(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2019
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by JoshuaGabriel: 5:23pm On May 01, 2019
Different strokes for tor different folks
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:23pm On May 01, 2019
The people have spoken.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by KB007: 5:23pm On May 01, 2019
They should just accept it as a salary bonus and demand for another payment by the end of the month angry

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 01, 2019
My Country people o, yeh yeh (gben gben gben)

If him pay late, dem go complain say salary late,

Now him pay early, my people dem still dey complain say dem salary too early

... Haba Naija grin

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Kendumazy(m): 5:24pm On May 01, 2019
Too much enjoyment dey cause yeye thinking.

Bulk deal on 8GB Atm card flash drive. 100pcs for 85k
only. Check link https://www.nairaland.com/5162695/
bulk-deal-100pcs-8gb-atm
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by anambraamaka: 5:25pm On May 01, 2019
Lol
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by cenaman(m): 5:25pm On May 01, 2019
Man can't be satisfy no matter what good you did to them.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Equiano: 5:25pm On May 01, 2019
Let the Governor owe the workers salary for 38 months then!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by SOFTENGR: 5:26pm On May 01, 2019
Yahaya Bello! Come and see your mate o!
Na so so boxing you sabi fight inside house. Pay salary, no way.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by JoshuaGabriel: 5:26pm On May 01, 2019
Different strokes for tor different folks

“April salary was paid only last week and on May 1st he pays May salary. We are surprised he still paid early this month in spite of our protest. We will continue to engage him on that,” he said.

While some states are still owing backlog salaries of 30+ months.

I commend the governor. This is proactive leadership.

I wonder where people like this are, when we opt for fossils like BuHaRi.

4 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by megareal: 5:26pm On May 01, 2019
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Lands In Cross Rivers, To Meet Delegates / Wike Bestows The Highest Award On Adams Oshiomhole (Video, Pictures) / Security Chiefs Meet With President Jonathan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.