Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job (1079 Views)

Should I Accept The Teaching Job? / Are These Real Or Should I Continue With My Job Search? / Should I Continue With My Current Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by gsley: 3:53pm On May 01, 2019
My current teaching job pays me 50k per month,
closing time 6pm
transports 4k per month, total take home 46k
while
van sale rep,,,, basic salaries 30k, commission 30 to 50k depending on sales
transportation 10k monthly excluding Sunday,

should i stick to the teaching job or take van sales job, Pls advice with reason,
Re: Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by murphydon(m): 4:35pm On May 01, 2019
Move, take the VSR job, do it with passion, learn on the job, sales has a lot of opportunities, from VSR in another year or 2 u could move up to sales executive in same firm or another, from there to supervisor or sales manager as the opportunities come, know sales methods n techniques and u will fly high. Also open a professional profile on linkedin and connect. Good luck to u.

gsley:
closing time 6pm
while

should i stick to the teaching job or take van sales job, Pls advice with reason,

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by zicoraads: 4:38pm On May 01, 2019
gsley:
closing time 6pm
while

Who told you you will get a 30 to 50k commission depending on sales? That's how they often make it look, until you get in. Sounds like bullshit to me.

As for whether you should stick to the teaching job or not, I can't type plenty now. I'll come back later.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by Allstrasse: 5:12pm On May 01, 2019
Your post reverberates with fear.

But that fear is quite understandable.

That is what happens when you get a reasonable paying job in an apparently 'established' institution.

I would advise that you look at it very dispassionately.

This may just be your opportunity to launch into an aggressive and demanding career that has the potential of changing the trajectory of your life forever. I assure you that this is a lucky break irrespective of the apparently poor commencement reward structure.

Sales is very similar to teaching in many respects but it does offer more opportunity for career growth and prosperous living. Where and what you could transform into (especially when in a serious organization with germane leadership and good governance) will amaze you when you look back in just a few years. You will be grateful you took the decision to leave. I am predicating my resolve on the fact that you actually decided to apply for the position while teaching and earning 'reasonably well'. This could only mean that you desire more from life than the paltry 50k.

I really do not care about the reward structure as this is typical of beginner positions in the Sales career. What you will learn and the opportunities you will be exposed to will miniaturize your current experiences.

In a short while from now (depending on how dedicated/committed and hardworking you are) jobs will be searching for you rather than the other way round. You will become so well sought after that at some point you will be the one determining your rewards for the potential employer. Look around you and you will find out that almost all experienced and performing Salesmen are always gainfully employed.
This should be an indicator for you as you objectively approach this major intersection of your life.

You will be frustrated sometimes of course but your overall fulfillment wil dull all else. in the process you will discover yourself and uncover many talents and gifts you didn't know were slumbering deep within you.

Summarily a giant will awaken within you!

Good luck Sir in whichever course you choose to pursue.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by gsley: 6:16pm On May 01, 2019
murphydon:

Move, take the VSR job, do it with passion, learn on the job, sales has a lot of opportunities, from VSR in another year or 2 u could move up to sales executive in same firm or another, from there to supervisor or sales manager as the opportunities come, know sales methods n techniques and u will fly high. Also open a professional profile on linkedin and connect. Good luck to u.

ok thanks
Re: Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by gsley: 6:18pm On May 01, 2019
Allstrasse:
Your post reverberates with fear.

But that fear is quite understandable.

That is what happens when you get a reasonable paying job in an apparently 'established' institution.

I would advise that you look at it very dispassionately.

This may just be your opportunity to launch into an aggressive and demanding career that has the potential of changing the trajectory of your life forever. I assure you that this is a lucky break irrespective of the apparently poor commencement reward structure.

Sales is very similar to teaching in many respects but it does offer more opportunity for career growth and prosperous living. Where and what you could transform into (especially when in a serious organization with germane leadership and good governance) will amaze you when you look back in just a few years. You will be grateful you took the decision to leave. I am predicating my resolve on the fact that you actually decided to apply for the position while teaching and earning 'reasonably well'. This could only mean that you desire more from life than the paltry 50k.

I really do not care about the reward structure as this is typical of beginner positions in the Sales career. What you will learn and the opportunities you will be exposed to will miniaturize your current experiences.

In a short while from now (depending on how dedicated/committed and hardworking you are) jobs will be searching for you rather than the other way round. You will become so well sought after that at some point you will be the one determining your rewards for the potential employer. Look around you and you will find out that almost all experienced and performing Salesmen are always gainfully employed.
This should be an indicator for you as you objectively approach this major intersection of your life.

You will be frustrated sometimes of course but your overall fulfillment wil dull all else. in the process you will discover yourself and uncover many talents and gifts you didn't know were slumbering deep within you.

Summarily a giant will awaken within you!

Good luck Sir in whichever course you choose to pursue.
ok sir, thanks so much
Re: Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by Samhetalks(m): 8:42pm On May 01, 2019
If the VSR is for an FMCG or pharmaceutical store, then u should seriously consider it.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 01, 2019
Samhetalks:
If the VSR is for an FMCG or pharmaceutical store, then u should seriously consider it.

Go with this!!!!
Re: Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by gsley: 7:33pm On May 02, 2019
Samhetalks:
ok
Re: Should I Continue With The Teaching Job Or Take The Van Sales Rep Job by zeenaman: 8:08pm On May 02, 2019
gsley:
closing time 6pm
while

Van sales rep is very hectic and you are prone to making losses. Stick to the teaching job

(1) (Reply)

Teachers Are Needed At Open School / Vacancy / Caleb University Massive Academic & Non-academic Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.