Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:21 PM

Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom (30706 Views)

Negotiation Fails, Niger Junta To Recall Ambassador From Nigeria / Works Minister Publicly Disgraced By Liberian Lawmakers Over Dress Code (Photos) / Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by MorufuAtanda: 11:45am On May 02, 2019
Metaphysical and okoyeebows, our Yoruba sister Don fall our hand!

We must blame the yeeboows for this misfortune.

2 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by MorufuAtanda: 11:46am On May 02, 2019
Nofavorss:
Another Igbo on the loose

1 Like

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by Orobo2Lekpa: 11:48am On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
This thread shows how myopic and unexposed nigerians are. You people are quick to support the white man against your black sister. You forget that the law works full force when he it has to do with a black woman but pans into insignificance when a white british is involved. Are you telling me she is the only MPone that perverts the course of justice by lying? Has Theresa May not being lying all through the brexit process?. This is a systematic purge. Umunna should be careful. Meanwhile, lets see whether the equation would be balanced with the MP accused of lying about expenses.

Chris Huhne who is a white man and was an MP and Minister was jailed for 8 month also lying about motoring offences. It's not a racial or ethnic thing lets stop playing the victim card each time one of us steps out of line.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
lets watch whether they would be impartial since another lawmaker who is white was also convicted for lying. Then if he is recalled then i would tell you that your response is a classic case of self hatred. Do you know how much the current mayor is hated? Do you think the Asians are not established in the system unlike the blacks and carribeans. Do you know the blacks are always the scape goat in this political game. The current home sec is a muslim too and the party refused to vote him as a leader, you know why? The british cannot stand and a muslim would become their prime minister. You stay in Nigeria and talk like mr too know while people who understand the system are just looking at you. What of the Ghananian investment banker that was used as a scape goat to cover up the messes at hsbc, you think there were no asians or whites involved? Blacks would always be given an opportunity but just one mistake they would overhype it but if a white man makes the same mustake they give him a lesser treatment. I dont blame them at all thats how they designed their system to sustain the control of their country by white

Stop typing more daft things.

Who voted the black and the Asian into power against their fellow whites?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by AlhajaChinyere: 12:58pm On May 02, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Just pay that IGBO landlord called Mazi Okonkwo for that 8 months rent u owe.

I'm sure the U.K u know is United Kingdom of Ogbomosho cheesy cheesy

Lzaa precisionFX and my Igbo landlord Immhotep

Here my flatti-es

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by LZAA: 1:00pm On May 02, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

Here my flatti-es

Still pay ya landlord or... grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 02, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

Here my flatti-es

Photochop cheesy cheesy cheesy.

U Guyys have no option that to pay the new owners of Lagos...

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by AlhajaChinyere: 1:11pm On May 02, 2019
LZAA:

Still pay ya landlord or... grin grin grin

Ok Nairaland landlords LZAA Immhotep.

Come collect una imaginary rent, i go dey my balcony for Ajao Estate on Saturday 4th. Another mad Ijaw slav-e on the loose....morufuatanda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by LZAA: 1:57pm On May 02, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

Come collect una imaginary rent, i go dey my balcony for Ajao Estate on Saturday 4th. Another mad Ijaw slav-e on the loose....morufuatanda
Kikikiki grin grin
Dm go evict u oh grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 02, 2019
LZAA:

Kikikiki grin grin
Dm go evict u oh grin
Back to Ogbomosho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 02, 2019
Not surprised.naija blood is there. This is one of the best songs at the moment http://www.naijapals.com/music/Basabasa_Rough_Rough__Xpol-92755
Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 2:19pm On May 02, 2019
SoNature:
Nigerians will never change.
Always representing us in bad light.
Now, the people will never give a Nigerian an opportunity to represent them in parliament again.
Yeye woman!
Excuse me but we still have six good Nigerians left in Commons and Oyinbo people do tend to look at the evidence instead of believing the nonsense cooked up in the heads. The Jackson 5 taught them that one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wunv9U4IWk
Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 2:27pm On May 02, 2019
symbianDON:
imagine!!!! sacked for something as seemingly insignificant as lying about a speed ticket!!!......here our leaders lie about everything and rub in our faces yet the citizens continue to fight themselves dirty over the rogues, even urging them on.....little wonder we are still at the stage of struggling to produce enough electricity......chaiiiiii!!!!!
This is a lesson to us all. It's the people in her constituency who kicked her out. And its us, the people of Nigeria, who don't kick out our own corrupt leaders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 2:46pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
This thread shows how myopic and unexposed nigerians are. You people are quick to support the white man against your black sister. You forget that the law works full force when he it has to do with a black woman but pans into insignificance when a white british is involved. Are you telling me she is the only MPone that perverts the course of justice by lying? Has Theresa May not being lying all through the brexit process?. This is a systematic purge. Umunna should be careful. Meanwhile, lets see whether the equation would be balanced with the MP accused of lying about expenses.
And in your first sentence, you show how myopic and unexposed you are! You carry your Naija mentality and think its a mentality that applies to the whole world! Fiona was not done because she is black. She was done because she committed a crime. Besides, it's UK, where being black can actually be a defence if you've done nothing wrong, and more oyinbo mps get jailed than you seem to know of! You may want to read about the MPs Expense Scandal. Also, On 19 July 2001, Jeffrey Archer was found guilty of perjury and perverting the course of justice at the 1987 trial. He was sentenced to four years' imprisonment by Mr Justice Potts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 2:50pm On May 02, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U think great Britain is ur useless Nigeria where every single decision is based on religion, state if origin, tribe n ethnicity.

The current mayor of London is an Asian and he is a Muslim, Na u vote am?

The Nigerian MP that was removed, Na u vote am? Na Afonja vote am? Wasn't it the same people that voted her in that removed her? Why did they vote her into office Initially since she's a black? If they hated blacks, why did they vote her into office in the first place instead of voting a white man..

If u understand that the U.K is made up of millions of blacks, Millions of Arabs, Millions of Asians, Millions upon millions of foreigners, U will stop this nonsense
Perhaps they think she painted herself white to deceive the electorate to vote for her or her babalawo made 'don't see I'm black' juju for her and it worked.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by jesmond3945: 3:45pm On May 02, 2019
budaatum:

And in your first sentence, you show how myopic and unexposed you are! You carry your Naija mentality and think its a mentality that applies to the whole world! Fiona was not done because she is black. She was done because she committed a crime. Besides, it's UK, where being black can actually be a defence if you've done nothing wrong, and more oyinbo mps get jailed than you seem to know of! You may want to read about the MPs Expense Scandal. Also, On 19 July 2001, Jeffrey Archer was found guilty of perjury and perverting the course of justice at the 1987 trial. He was sentenced to four years' imprisonment by Mr Justice Potts.
Which stupid crime did she commit that white people are not committing every second and getting away with it? Have you lived and worked in Uk before? How can you argue with someone who knows the system? Just a difference of 15 km and she was thrown into jail. Now she has a criminal record in her diary, she has even lost her job just for a mistake of saying it was 30km not 45km. She even went on National TV to plead for mercy and to claim her innocency and they still booted her out. Mention all the oyinbo that has been jailed and recalled out of office, I am waiting.
Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by jesmond3945: 3:52pm On May 02, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Stop typing more daft things.

Who voted the black and the Asian into power against their fellow whites?
You are very funny, if you can use your brain to read, you would see where I mentioned that blacks are given opportunities but there are forces that would do everything possible to frustrate you. Afterall it is a party thing, she was nominated by the party fair and square. In her constituency, labour party won that is democracy but there is always bias when people of colour have issues than when the white have the same issues. I gave instances of the investment banker from Ghana. Even Umunna was frustrated out of the labour party. He had to form an independent party with some MPS. Go and do research my friend, I live in the system and I know what to live in a white space mean. You have to fight extra hard to remain afloat.
Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by jesmond3945: 3:53pm On May 02, 2019
Orobo2Lekpa:

Chris Huhne who is a white man and was an MP and Minister was jailed for 8 month also lying about motoring offences. It's not a racial or ethnic thing lets stop playing the victim card each time one of us steps out of line.
Was he recalled?
Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by jesmond3945: 3:54pm On May 02, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

guy nawa for you o. Iron your shirt now

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 4:39pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
Which stupid crime did she commit that white people are not committing every second and getting away with it? Have you lived and worked in Uk before? How can you argue with someone who knows the system? Just a difference of 15 km and she was thrown into jail. Now she has a criminal record in her diary, she has even lost her job just for a mistake of saying it was 30km not 45km. She even went on National TV to plead for mercy and to claim her innocency and they still booted her out. Mention all the oyinbo that has been jailed and recalled out of office, I am waiting.
I've given you a list in the links above, Mr "lived and worked in Uk before".

The penalty for her speeding crime, a Minor Speeding Offences, is a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN), 3 points & £100 fine, and/or a speed awareness course, or you can elect to defend the alleged offence in court. No jail time.

Onasanya's crime was lying to police over a speeding ticket. She denied being behind the wheel when her car was spotted being driven at 41mph in a 30mph zone, in July 2017. Are you sure "you know the system"?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 4:43pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
Which stupid crime did she commit that white people are not committing every second and getting away with it?
Two drivers jailed for lying about speeding offences

Motorist jailed for lying to police over speeding ticket
Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 4:48pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
Was he recalled?
No he wasn't recalled. Being too smart to wait for the added shame of being recalled, he plead guilty, resigned as a member of parliament, and left the Privy Council!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 5:23pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
Even Umunna was frustrated out of the labour party. He had to form an independent party with some MPS. Go and do research my friend, I live in the system and I know what to live in a white space mean. You have to fight extra hard to remain afloat.
You may "live in the system" but your glasses are from somewhere else that's why you'd claim Chuka "was frustrated out of the labour party" when the truth is he left because he had no respect for Corbyn, the leader of his party, and could not get his own way! Expect him to need a new job come the next election.

On the other hand, do note the following:

Diane Julie Abbott (born 27 September 1953), a British politician who has served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Hackney North and Stoke Newington since 1987. She is the country's first black MP as well as the longest serving black MP in the House of Commons. As a member of the Labour Party, she has held various positions in successive Labour Shadow Cabinets, and since 2016 has been Shadow Home Secretary.

Ofunne Kate Osamor (born 15 August 1968), the daughter of Labour Peer Baroness Osamor, appointed Shadow Secretary of State for International Development by Jeremy Corbyn in June 2016. Resigned from the Shadow Cabinet following events surrounding her son's drugs conviction in December 2018.

Dawn Petula Butler (born 3 November 1969), a British Labour Party politician serving as Shadow Women & Equalities Secretary since 2017, and has served as Member of Parliament (MP) for Brent Central since 2015. Butler served as MP for Brent South from 2005 to 2010. Butler served in the Brown Ministry as Minister for Young Citizens and Youth Engagement from 2009 to 2010.

What you call "fight extra hard" is what some call "work really hard". It is lazy people, mostly, who blame their inability to stay afloat on the color of their skin in UK.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by Orobo2Lekpa: 5:37pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
Was he recalled?

No he resigned. He didn't hang around to wait for the humiliation of being recalled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by jesmond3945: 5:41pm On May 02, 2019
budaatum:

You may "live in the system" but your glasses are from somewhere else that's why you'd claim Chuka "was frustrated out of the labour party" when the truth is he left because he had no respect for Corbyn, the leader of his party, and could not get his own way! Expect him to need a new job come the next election.

On the other hand, do note the following:

Diane Julie Abbott (born 27 September 1953), a British politician who has served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Hackney North and Stoke Newington since 1987. She is the country's first black MP as well as the longest serving black MP in the House of Commons. As a member of the Labour Party, she has held various positions in successive Labour Shadow Cabinets, and since 2016 has been Shadow Home Secretary.

Ofunne Kate Osamor (born 15 August 1968), the daughter of Labour Peer Baroness Osamor, appointed Shadow Secretary of State for International Development by Jeremy Corbyn in June 2016. Resigned from the Shadow Cabinet following events surrounding her son's drugs conviction in December 2018.

Dawn Petula Butler (born 3 November 1969), a British Labour Party politician serving as Shadow Women & Equalities Secretary since 2017, and has served as Member of Parliament (MP) for Brent Central since 2015. Butler served as MP for Brent South from 2005 to 2010. Butler served in the Brown Ministry as Minister for Young Citizens and Youth Engagement from 2009 to 2010.

What you call "fight extra hard" is what some call "work really hard". It is lazy people, mostly, who blame their inability to stay afloat on the color of their skin in UK.

so you agree umunna couldnt get his own way. So when someone is frustrated out of something what does it mean? Okay give me mps that were sent to prison and eventually recalled in modern times who were white.
Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by jesmond3945: 5:42pm On May 02, 2019
Orobo2Lekpa:

No he resigned. He didn't hang around to wait for the humiliation of being recalled.
who do you think would have wanted to recall him? Resignation is a big boy way to say I dont need the job anymore. You think a black would resign?
Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by jesmond3945: 5:48pm On May 02, 2019
Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 6:09pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
so you agree umunna couldnt get his own way. So when someone is frustrated out of something what does it mean?
Why should he get his own way, na only him waka come? Frustration is part of being a politician. He was frustrated because of his own inability to not be frustrated. Do let me know how he manages the frustration of losing the seat of Streatham at the next election.

jesmond3945:
Okay give me mps that were sent to prison and eventually recalled in modern times who were white.
Give you, "mps that were sent to prison and eventually recalled"? Most of the MPs who go to prison in UK are way too smart not to resign before being sentenced, or tried even, because if your crime is bad enough and you don't resign, we the people, will park outside your house and force you to resign until you do! All the same, attached is an Excel list of sitting MPs who were stupid enough not to resign and be sent to prison. Note that their crimes were protests by not paying fines for public protesting! You might want an understanding the Recall of MPs Act 2015 too.

2 Likes

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 6:17pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/27/david-beckham-posts-angry-selfie-stuck-london-traffic-absent/amp/

One in 20 drivers pay a friend or relative to take their penalty points but only half ...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk › O...

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/driving-law/drivers-dodge-speed-fines
This only proves not everyone gets caught or jailed. It does not in any way show white drivers who offend get off more than blacks do!

Ogbeni! Did you not go for the mind upgrade that is freely given once you arrive in the system? I'm just wondering ni o because people who have lived in UK that I know got the upgrade and don't reason like you do.

1 Like

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
You are very funny, if you can use your brain to read, you would see where I mentioned that blacks are given opportunities but there are forces that would do everything possible to frustrate you. Afterall it is a party thing, she was nominated by the party fair and square. In her constituency, labour party won that is democracy but there is always bias when people of colour have issues than when the white have the same issues. I gave instances of the investment banker from Ghana. Even Umunna was frustrated out of the labour party. He had to form an independent party with some MPS. Go and do research my friend, I live in the system and I know what to live in a white space mean. You have to fight extra hard to remain afloat.

U talk remains baseless.

Whites make up at least 80% of great Britain.

Whites allowed her to emerge within the party.

Whites voted her in the election.

Whites still recalled her after she messed up.

Whichever way u want to make excuses for her, without the whites, she couldn't have been there knthe first place and the whites may still vote again and replace her seat with another black or Arab or Asian Muslim

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by budaatum: 6:24pm On May 02, 2019
jesmond3945:
who do you think would have wanted to recall him? Resignation is a big boy way to say I dont need the job anymore. You think a black would resign?
Nonsense! Basic annual salary for an MP from 1 April 2019 is £79,468. MPs also receive expenses to cover the costs of running an office, employing staff, having somewhere to live in London or their constituency, and travelling between Parliament and their constituency. That does not sound like something you resign from because you are "big boy" and, "don't need the job anymore". If you were "big boy", you wouldn't be blighting your career with some petty act of stupidity that may affect your future employment!

1 Like

Re: Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom by jesmond3945: 6:37pm On May 02, 2019
budaatum:

Nonsense! Basic annual salary for an MP from 1 April 2019 is £79,468. MPs also receive expenses to cover the costs of running an office, employing staff, having somewhere to live in London or their constituency, and travelling between Parliament and their constituency. That does not sound like something you resign from because you are "big boy" and, "don't need the job anymore". If you were "big boy", you wouldn't be blighting your career with some petty act of stupidity that may affect your future employment!

so you think british politicians are like our nigerian politicians who worship money. When I talk of big boy I don't mean money wise, I mean honour and respect. He would still be receiving pension and peace of mind. Why would they not pay fiona pension according to bercrow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court / “don’t Blame Us For Not Supporting The Nigerian Army” – US Senator / Paul Biya Seeking For Seventh Term In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.