Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Life In Face Me I Face You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life In Face Me I Face You (3635 Views)

They Live In A Face Me I Face You Compound / A Typical Face-me-i-face-you Occupants / Things People Who Lived In Face To Face Houses Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In Face Me I Face You by ibrutex(m): 11:48pm On May 01, 2019
This is not a thread to bash anyone ,if you are currently in this situation, remember it's just a phase that will pass.

if you have any experiense(s) please share ,just for fun.

One of the neighborhs who never sleep will wake you up around 4am with the sound of his local music.

The queue you will meet at bathroom by 5 when you trying to leave home early .

Waking up to meet the WELL padlocked with 5 keys by different neighbors.
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Oluromantic: 12:17am On May 02, 2019
Sitting with ur pot of soup on fire from start to finish.

Holding shit till the previous shitter come out of toilet.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by chukxie(m): 1:04am On May 02, 2019
* The incessant quarrels - there's always at least one trouble maker per face-me-I-face-you!
* Cooking in the corridor/ passage when the kitchen is crowded.
* Amebo neighbours always sitting on the front yard to check out how many girls their unmarried neighbour brings home grin

7 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Nobody: 1:18am On May 02, 2019
I know some of you are talking from experience but it is not all face me I slap you that tenants queue to have their bathe.It is only a compound where there is one bathroom and toilet that such thing do occur.And all tenants doesn't go to work at the same time.Some go by 5,6,7,8 and 9am.While others are self employed who can go to their workshop at any fcking time.

3 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by ibrutex(m): 1:38am On May 02, 2019
comshots:
I know some of you are talking from experience but it is not all face me I slap you that tenants queue to have their bathe.It is only a compound where there is one bathroom and toilet that such thing do occur.And all tenants doesn't go to work at the same time.Some go by 5,6,7,8 and 9am.While others are self employed who can go to their workshop at any fcking time.

it seems you never see face me and face you barrack about 5 upstairs building 18 rooms per building lol

1 Like

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by ibrutex(m): 1:39am On May 02, 2019
some you will have to suspend your poo till mid night when whole neihghbour at sleep to avoid queue
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Nobody: 8:09am On May 02, 2019
ibrutex:

it seems you never see face me and face you barrack about 5 upstairs building 18 rooms per building lol
Renting a house in Lagos is quiet expensive than other states.Some one room apartment rent in lagos can pay for a room and parlour or flat in other states.

1 Like

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by tee59(f): 12:59pm On May 02, 2019
Not everyone living in face me and face you experience such. It depends on the kind of building and type of people living there. Stop generalizing.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 02, 2019
tee59:
Not everyone living in face me and face you experience such. It depends on the kind of building and type of people living there. Stop generalizing.
The OP might have used the word "face me I slap you"apartment which isn't the case at all times,but i assure you that so long one is living in a single room,be it face me I punch you..s/he must encounter atleast one of the aforementioned.

The most annoying is blasting of music even at odd hours as if they are the first to acquire a sound system.gosh..i don't know why poor people like showing off.

Note:I live in a single room for now

7 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by yazga: 5:08pm On May 02, 2019
If you've ever lived in the type of house we call Face to Face in Nigeria then you would certainly be able to relate to this no matter how brief you stayed.

Those who have stayed in Face me I face you can relate
1- Those who have 1stclass in gossiping, they can gossip a ghost and the ghost wont be aware

2- The ones who are very poor but produce kids like wetin I no know

3- That single sister who is very accommodating, I mean she accommodates new guys every night..what a cheerful giver

4- That sister who will never give her hair breathing space, always tying scarf

5- The most superior womanizers, this set of people don't have taste, from fair to dark, slender, fat, tall even dwarfs

6- That one man that is always challenging the landlord cos the house has only one toilet ,like he came to this world to poo

7- The very proud ones, just because they married wives with big bum they think they should automatically earn your respect

8- That very ugly man who surprisingly has a pretty wife,sometimes one would wonder like 'how did he even say it, like how he take toast am'

9- The Profs-- These ones have refused to marry, they do all chores themselves from sweeping to washing and fetching water. They can cook all type of soups- Oha, Ogbono, Okro...name it but they can be very stingy, I mean they can trace their missing 10naira back to a thousand kilometers.

10- The borrowers- They can borrow anything salt, broom, toothpaste, tie even your life if possible. They are the only set of people who can knock on your door in the middle of the night just to say 'Abeg una get matches

12 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by yazga: 5:11pm On May 02, 2019
These are the kind of people you may see or have seen in a typical Face-me-I-face-you-apartment.

1. One wicked old woman everyone believes to be a witch.

-2. A randy bachelor that sleeps with people's underage daughters

3. One married man who drinks irresponsibly

4. One slayqueen that brings in different guys

5. Some stubborn children that play around your window or sometimes peep through your window when you have visitors�

6. The Holy Holy man that only preaches to people but live the opposite.

7 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:14pm On May 02, 2019
ibrutex:
some you will have to suspend your poo till mid night when whole neihghbour at sleep to avoid queue

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:18pm On May 02, 2019
chukxie:
* The incessant quarrels - there's always at least one trouble maker per face-me-I-face-you!
* Cooking in the corridor/ passage when the kitchen is crowded.
* Amebo neighbours always sitting on the front yard to check out how many girls their unmarried neighbour brings home grin

grin grin grin
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Magnumproperty: 5:31pm On May 03, 2019
Living in a face me I slap you apartment is another world entirely!!! Though mine was a boys quarter then. It was fun back then sha

1 Like

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by jawalis(m): 9:13pm On May 03, 2019
and so what's the fume about? face me houses are still very comon but rarely rented by some categories of people, it is more cheaper so the average man goes for it ... I have used it, i still have families there (though not in the city). life there teaches you to be self dependent. that's what I learnt
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by ibrutex(m): 6:15am On May 04, 2019
Those children that throws stones at neighbor's windows.

The Aunty that can send message , any kind that kids always hide for her to avoid.

That neighbor that knows everybody's door sound.

That law enforcer man that knows how to discipline every kids in compound.

The woman that will not respond to greetings ,always minding her business.

the neighbor that shares their food right in the kitchen for all the eight children ,you will think it's party time .

2 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by ifyalways(f): 4:05pm On May 04, 2019
Memories. cheesy

Stayed in one in my school days. Though its a hostel but we shared common areas/facilities. I learnt how to mind my business while neck deep in another mans business cheesy, how to be laidback with life, and how to be selfish and generous at same time. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by dayleke: 5:00pm On May 04, 2019
Lol...
See comments
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by lepasharon(f): 6:39pm On May 04, 2019
How do ppl live like that
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by CanadianNaija: 8:43pm On May 04, 2019
Wow...people live like this? I mean I’ve heard of these kinds of living arrangements, but it’s just sad to imagine.
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by yazga: 11:33pm On May 04, 2019
CanadianNaija:
Wow...people live like this? I mean I’ve heard of these kinds of living arrangements, but it’s just sad to imagine.
it's real
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Arizonaz: 7:29am On Jun 02, 2022
* The caretaker that claims to be a landlord.
* The troublesome woman who refuses to mind her business and always trying to poke her nose
* The single mother who usually use trouble to make money off peoples head.
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by gumbull: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2022
That’s sad.
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Pojomojo: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
If you've ever lived in the type of house we call Face to Face in Nigeria then you would certainly be able to relate to this no matter how brief you stayed.

Those who have stayed in Face me I face you can relate
1- Those who have 1stclass in gossiping, they can gossip a ghost and the ghost wont be aware
2- The ones who are very poor but produce kids like wetin I no know
3- That single sister who is very accommodating, I mean she accommodates new guys every night..what a cheerful giver
4- That sister who will never give her hair breathing space, always tying scarf
5- The most superior womanizers, this set of people don't have taste, from fair to dark, slender, fat, tall even dwarfs
6- That one man that is always challenging the landlord cos the house has only one toilet ,like he came to this world to shit
7- The very proud ones, just because they married wives with big bum they think they should automatically earn your respect
8- That very ugly man who surprisingly has a pretty wife,sometimes one would wonder like 'how did he even say it, like how he take toast am'
9- The Profs-- These ones have refused to marry, they do all chores themselves from sweeping to washing and fetching water. They can cook all type of soups- Oha, Ogbono, Okro...name it but they can be very stingy, I mean they can trace their missing 10naira back to a thousand kilometers.
10- The borrowers- They can borrow anything salt, broom, toothpaste, tie even your life if possible. They are the only set of people who can knock on your door in the middle of the night just to say 'Abeg una get matches

Copied

Everyone has a stepping stone....I have been there once and I saw hell grin

These are the kind of people you may see or have seen in a typical Face-me-I-face-you-apartment.
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by poshestmina(f): 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
There's always that husband and wife always fighting.

Family with many kids they can't cater for.

Quarrel/fights about keeping the toilets/bathroom/kitchen clean.

One 'agba manchelor' always seriously minding his business.

Disagreements about Nepa bills etc and whoever didn't pay on time that made Nepa disconnect the compound.

That one 'auntie' that has boyfriends for each day of the week and is always cooking and frying chicken upandan.

Thank God for Growth!!!
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Nobody: 3:05am On Jun 03, 2022
Neighbour nacking neighbour
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by simplepee(f): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2022
Nothing more annoying than the prayer warrior that would disturb the whole house at odd hours. They always fight imaginary enemies. There's a man in our yard that year, every night he will carry "turari"(I don't know what that is called in English, cele uses it to "chase demons", I think Catholics use it too. Stuff is always smoky) and be walking around the house uttering inaudible words.

Too much drama in face and slap you mhen.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Polynek(m): 8:27am On Jun 03, 2022
simplepee:
Nothing more annoying than the prayer warrior that would disturb the whole house at odd hours. They always fight imaginary enemies. There's a man in our yard that year, every night he will carry "turari"(I don't know what that is called in English, cele uses it to "chase demons", I think Catholics use it too. Stuff is always smoky) and be walking around the house uttering inaudible words.

Too much drama in face and slap you mhen.
Maybe you are talking about INCENSE
The white garment church also use it too grin
It has different types of smells, the smell of Catholic INCENSE is different from others
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Pootle: 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
Polynek:
Maybe you are talking about INCENSE
The white garment church also use it too grin
It has different types of smells, the smell of Catholic INCENSE is different from others

all na the same thing
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by Mamak1(m): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2022
I just thank God for my life today, back then, I no dey take eye see fresh black nylon to shit inside and throway because toilet na nightmare for us then.
Re: Life In Face Me I Face You by eeithis(m): 8:56am On Mar 20
Mamak1:
I just thank God for my life today, back then, I no dey take eye see fresh black nylon to shit inside and throway because toilet na nightmare for us then.
lol

(1) (Reply)

I Tracked Down My Biological Father But He Raped Me(A True Life Story) / Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? / My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.