Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market (35321 Views)

My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. / Kubwa Village Market On Fire, 5 Persons Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by luluman: 11:11am On May 02, 2019
dokyOloye:
Unnecessary tension and potential crises.
Why not allow the marketers choose their leaders themselves as done everywhere?
Na their land?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by bigpicture001: 11:20am On May 02, 2019
Elemosho478:
The Iyaloja is right though

Only because zombie is ur surname....

Let me tell u...in all markets, thier is a market union and elections are help by all traders..campaigns are done with posters and campaign teams selescted by each contestant..that way market leadership are elected and replaced when their tenure expires...

You are zombie with a B.sc..and cant think until tinubu permits you to think....nonsens!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Brightdude007: 11:25am On May 02, 2019
Any thing that comes from tinubu and his family is generally accepted by the self acclaimed most educated tribe. Tinubu and his family think for all of them, tinubu and his family own Lagos. If ur tribe truly own Lagos, challenge tinubu authority for one day and c d outcome. No wonder fela sang zombie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 11:28am On May 02, 2019
Tareq1105:

Ipob wants to teach us how to run Lagos.
Ogbeni am Yorùbá, check my history, what is wrong is wrong, I don't care about any Ipob or whatever they are called.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Bede2u(m): 11:28am On May 02, 2019
Yorubas are real backward people. The world is moving forward with technology while these cone heads are busy looking for iyanaboja and alibabalowe to install in a tech hub.

Wat is the job of the two mofos appointed if not toutism. A tribe built their culture on toutism. I knw many yorubas living in western worlds will be ashamed of this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 11:30am On May 02, 2019
luluman:
You for step up for them now, or go do business for Onitsha.
I have no business to do in Onitsha am more of a lagosian than Iyabo Tinubu Ojo

1 Like

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by dokyOloye: 11:31am On May 02, 2019
yemiyemi:

Did i hear you say as done everywhere?...Is it possible for a Yoruba man or woman heading a market in Aba, Onitsha or Imo?...What you people cannot tolerate in your gully erosion ravaged States cannot be replicated here....
If a Yoruba man in Aba or Onitsha has d political clout/popularity or population to head a local govt talk less of a market,nobody will deny him that.
I was in the Hausa quarters in my state capital on Sunday, was only when I offered a younger brother of an old classmate a drink he politely rejected saying he doesn't take alcohol(Though his elder brother does) that I remembered they're Hausa and Muslims.
I mentioned this cos we don't profile ppl according to tribe or religion as a first line in Igbo land
Yoruba full Igbo land doing their thing,nobody notice them or profile them according to tribe.
As for erosion talk,I sympathise with you.
It must be very painful for Igbo ppl to be buying up choice land and properties yoruba land while your ppl have little or no stake in Igbo land.
Endure,try to learn from them or pray to God to make you Igbo in your next life
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 11:32am On May 02, 2019
Honor10:

who are the real indigenous people of Lagos?
a real lagos indigenous person can trace his family lineage in Lagos and family compound, plus we know ourselves no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by dokyOloye: 11:34am On May 02, 2019
luluman:
Na their land?
With one corner of your ewedu mouths you idiots keep shouting one Nigeria but with the other corner "na our land"?
Choose one afonja

1 Like

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 11:37am On May 02, 2019
capitalzero:

your head is correct. omo yoruba atata ni e. lagos is not a city but state. You cannot expect iyaloja of ile-ife to appoint babalojas or iyalojas for markets in osogbo,ede or ilesa. similarly, iyaloja of oyo town cannot appoint babalojas or iyalojas for markets in ogbomoso, saki etc. it is wrong. it is abuse of power and authority. iyaloja of eko is not iyaloja of lagos. she may be the chairperson or iyalojas and babalojas in lagos but not to controls other markets in lagos.
thank you ooo... If she is the head of an association, that's different, she can act on that ground, but to use the authority that should end at Lagos Island, it's high time other Obas in lagos no matter what class they are step up and tell Akinolu that his iyaloja is encroaching.
What would av being better is if the Obas in those domains choose their own iyaloja and babaloja, they all come together and be under one roof.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Nobody: 11:38am On May 02, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
grin

I think the only language PIGLETS understand is flogging.

The real owners of the land have set rules.

IF you don't like it, go back to your own lands and set your own rules

- A supposed educated person, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by luluman: 11:39am On May 02, 2019
dokyOloye:

With one corner of your ewedu mouths you idiots keep shouting one Nigeria but with the other corner "na their land"?
Choose one afonja
NA OUR LAND. I thot una say Iya loja will not work. Oya stop it lets see now.Mumu people.

2 Likes

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by luluman: 11:40am On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
I have no business to do in Onitsha am more of a lagosian than Iyabo Tinubu Ojo
You be mumu, yet Iyabo Ojo makes decision for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Owaincouncil: 11:43am On May 02, 2019
Iyaloja and The Computer Village:

I would like to awake a sleeping dog this morning by saying that the voting pattern in the last elections and the "Lagos is no man's land" position of the tribe that dominates this particular market may be contributing factors to this latest move.

So, we cannot totally ignore a political angle to this development!

Afterall, the Yorubas say: if you tarry too long before trimming the branches of an Iroko tree, when it has fully blossomed, you cannot escape its demand for sacrifices.

No doubt, Iyaloja is a Yoruba thing; and this latest move is an indirect way of saying Lagos is indeed someone's land.

Now, the question is: are there Iyalojas in Sabo, Masamasa, Mile 12 markets etc?

I will also like to know the economic and social benefits of this title.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by IvarTheBoneless: 11:46am On May 02, 2019
scaramucci:

- A supposed educated person, 2019

Only an illiterate with low IQ wouldn't understand my message, simple as it is/was.

Fu Manchu, 747 BC tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by woleabayo(f): 11:47am On May 02, 2019
AS I EARLIER SAID THIS MORNING ON THIS SAME TOPIC YOU CAN NOT IMPOSE SOMEONE ON PEOPLE JUST FOR SELFISH INTEREST.....NIGERIA PLEASE GET SENSE ....ENOUGH OF FINUNBU TRAITS IN NIGERIA...AM A YORUBA GUY AND AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF HER IMPOSING PEOPLE ON THOSE TRADERS./.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by dokyOloye: 11:47am On May 02, 2019
luluman:
NA OUR LAND. I thot una say Iya loja will not work. Oya stop it lets see now.Mumu people.
Do you even know the current exco of d market is yoruba and has always been So?
Do you even know most of the big time dealers there are Yoruba?
Do you know d person who led d protest is yoruba?
But people like you see Igbo chasing you in your dreams everyday.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by jaxxy(m): 11:49am On May 02, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:

What is the abuse or intoxication here?

How do you describe the rude defiance and invective laid by non indigenes calling Lagos "a no man's land"?

Head of all the markets? Hom or Hod grin Never heard of such ridiculous statement anywhere on the planet. I think iyabo is the one mis informed.

People think Buhari is a dictator bt they haven’t seen Tinubu yet. grin
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Baroba(m): 11:53am On May 02, 2019
Extortionists parading as market leaders, never seen such a lazy bunch in my whole existence.. Tufiakwa!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Shila16: 12:03pm On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
This is absolutely wrong, since she was given the title of iyaloja by Ọba Akinolu, she can not enforce her authority over places that are not under the Dominion of Ọba of Lagos, he authority should not go beyond Lagos Island, there is nothing like Iyaloja general, what will the iyoloja of ikorodu, EPE and Badagry now be or do, this is wrong if the state house of assembly passed any law to back this abnormally, the court should be approached, it's high time real indigenous people of Lagos steps in, this their silence and I don't care attitude will keep on costing them their real place in Lagos politics, you can't impose people to be collecting money on your behalf in places that is not under your dominion.
Ipob bastard speaking trash as usual, all places in Lagos is under jurisdiction of oba akiolu
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by bhella10: 12:04pm On May 02, 2019
comshots:
Computer village is the most peaceful market in lagos.Besides it reputation for criminal elements that the market leaders fail to curb.Maybe because there is no agbero who are harassing traders for owo Ile .
However, madam,you are enjoying the glory of your father who is the chairman of agbero in lagos.When he is erase,your reign as the iyaloja will cease to exist.
Go lick your wounds ode!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 02, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

I guess that's why we don't have state government and federal government.

State government n federal government have nothing to do with the issue here. Nigeria is Nigeria, Nobody owns any part. Anyone can live, work n vote anywhere they desire

1 Like

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by KingGeorge5(m): 12:12pm On May 02, 2019
Bighead9:
Iyanmiris right now. grin grin grin
Bleep you
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 12:15pm On May 02, 2019
Shila16:
Ipob bastard speaking trash as usual, all places in Lagos is under jurisdiction of oba akiolu
when a cretin from igbó Ora is talking, we know them, we you are not a lagosian how would you know that everywhere in Lagos is not under Akinolu... He is Ọba of Lagos Island, go to Badagry go and tell Akran that Akinolu has dominion over his land,stop using Ipob is stale.... Am not Igbo, am a Lagosian what Ìyá Mogagi Tinubu did not do in her time should not welcome in Iyabo time, period.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by PoisonedOne: 12:16pm On May 02, 2019
It's quite sad that the kids here jubilating don't own shops or run their businesses in computer village. They talk to spite the Igbos without knowing that no tribe in computer village supports the installation of any iyaoloja in the market.

Computer village is headed by a president (a yoruba man), and a vice ( an Igbo man). There have been a mutual understanding between the 2 major tribes here and things are going on well but the installation of an iyaoloja will spring up 'strange' elements that will come with their own rules and introduction of new fees too and this must brew invasion of touts and series of conflicts once in a while.
We are ok without any Iyaoloja abeg.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Ologogoro: 12:17pm On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
This is absolutely wrong, since she was given the title of iyaloja by Ọba Akinolu, she can not enforce her authority over places that are not under the Dominion of Ọba of Lagos, he authority should not go beyond Lagos Island, there is nothing like Iyaloja general, what will the iyoloja of ikorodu, EPE and Badagry now be or do, this is wrong if the state house of assembly passed any law to back this abnormally, the court should be approached, it's high time real indigenous people of Lagos steps in, this their silence and I don't care attitude will keep on costing them their real place in Lagos politics, you can't impose people to be collecting money on your behalf in places that is not under your dominion.

I think as the Iyaloja general, she has the power to appoint those Iyaloja you listed above. What do I even know
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 12:19pm On May 02, 2019
luluman:
You be mumu, yet Iyabo Ojo makes decision for you.
I don't do low life's like you, am Yoruba and am not a trader, we can't keep on seeing something being done wrong and not condemn it, what she is doing will soon cause greater chaos than we can imagine, imagine choosing a Yoruba babaloja and iyaloja for Fulani ram sellers when they don't sell any ram.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Bighead9: 12:21pm On May 02, 2019
KingGeorge5:
Bleep you

E pain this one well. grin cheesy
My advice to u is, locate the Lagoon and do the needful. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by GeorgeTheCoder: 12:22pm On May 02, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
These protesters are indeed deluded group of people.

Market is market in Lagos. How can that one carrying a placard that says computer village is an ICT hub and not pepper sellers, it's amazing how these guys thinks they can decide what happens in another man's land.

What happens to when in Rome, behave like and obey the Roman laws.

I see. Maybe you will soon get an Iyaoloja for ShopRite. Market is market.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Honor10: 12:24pm On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
a real lagos indigenous person can trace his family lineage in Lagos and family compound, plus we know ourselves no matter what.

ansa my question and stop talking nonsense, who are the indigenes of Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Bighead9: 12:24pm On May 02, 2019
luluman:
They keep shouting Lagos is no man's land while owners of the land keep making decisions. Who is now deceiving who?

Yoruba People, una too wicked aswear. After the Igbo's make mouth Online, una come use this one humble them. Either they like it or not, na Iyaloja go rule over them. grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 12:24pm On May 02, 2019
Ologogoro:

I think as the Iyaloja general, she has the power to appoint those Iyaloja you listed above. What do I even know
who gave her the "general authority"?

It was in the hey days of her grandmother the appellation "general" was given to her name mostly by the media, when she was fighting the regime of Babangida, it was even called iyaloja general of Nigeria, would that now make her to appoint market leaders in other states?

Do you have an idea what this means, for the rest of her life she will be collecting money from all the market women in the state, without accounting for it, her decision can increase prices of items anytime she wishes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / UBA Security Collects Bribe At The ATM From Customer, Fight Ensues (Video) / Satchet (Pure Water) Nylon Recycling Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.