Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market (35301 Views)

My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. / Kubwa Village Market On Fire, 5 Persons Dead / Tinubu-ojo Installs Iyaloja, Babaloja In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 12:26pm On May 02, 2019
Honor10:

ansa my question and stop talking nonsense, who are the indigenes of Lagos?
Google is your friend and it's free, go and use it, I don't answer anyone irrelevant questions, are you going to pay for it? Mr Jamb Question.
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Honor10: 12:27pm On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
Google is your friend and it's free, go and use it, I don't answer anyone irrelevant questions, are you going to pay for it? Mr Jamb Question.

then shut up.
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by SEONaijaExpert: 12:30pm On May 02, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

I see. Maybe you will soon get an Iyaoloja for ShopRite. Market is market.
That's a shopping mall owned by brand. Computer village is owned by the State, Lagos state. Spot the difference
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 12:31pm On May 02, 2019
Honor10:

then shut up.
why should I shut up, so that you and your paymasters can keep on feeding where u not suppose to? If people didn't raise their voice they, your paymasters won't get to where they are, am not a wailer nor am I zombie, but if you lack decorum, please go back to the hole you came out from and let civilized people have a discuss on social issues.
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by SKYQUEST(m): 12:32pm On May 02, 2019
You think is for nothing that Iyaloja General wants to exercise some authority on Computer Village, if you people know how much this madam makes from the markets in Lagos you will know that she will stop at nothing to remain very relevant in every place in Lagos where money is exchanged for commodities. I promise you that woman makes more money from Lagos markets than majority of you Nairalanders combined!
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Honor10: 12:36pm On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
why should I shut up, so that you and your paymasters can keep on feeding where u not suppose to? If people didn't raise their voice they, your paymasters won't get to where they are, am not a wailer nor am I zombie, but if you lack decorum, please go back to the hole you came out from and let civilized people have a discuss on social issues.

computer village will have Iyaloja and Babaloja, u can either kill urself or go back to your potopoto republic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Martartins(m): 12:38pm On May 02, 2019
And they keep dragging Igbos to every thread. We no even get time.

Have they ever asked themselves why they never leave their place of abode year in and out. Chicken hearted Afonja. They are only good at making noise and beating drums.

I keep telling them, there lazy ass will continue to jealous the average Igboman and wish they had what he has. We don't operate in the same sphere as Afonjas.

2 Likes

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 12:41pm On May 02, 2019
Honor10:

computer village will have Iyaloja and Babaloja, u can either kill urself or go back to your potopoto republic.
whatever computer village head is called is none of my business, but has a lagosian for someone to say he or she can do what is wrong, she must be joking, the chicken is coming home to roost, no dictator last in Nigerian history, what I can do about it I what am doing now, incase people are ignorant that she doesn't have such powers and take their challenges to court, let the Supreme Court decides on that, that's what am doing and I bet you hurting, sorry we can't have another round of unproductive people lording over others, potopoto republic kò banana island ni... No matter how much you use that phares it's glaring to all that am Yorùbá and an apolitical, so safe it for those that will need it, not me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by sharpsecret: 12:44pm On May 02, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

It's a simple truth that you're guided by the law of the land. The way Ogun state does business is different from Lagos despite they're neighbors. Same goes to Aba, Onitsha and co.

The protest is unnecessary and a pure waste of time. Let them obey the law guiding Lagos state.
which law is dat
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by capitalzero: 12:55pm On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
thank you ooo... If she is the head of an association, that's different, she can act on that ground, but to use the authority that should end at Lagos Island, it's high time other Obas in lagos no matter what class they are step up and tell Akinolu that his iyaloja is encroaching.
What would av being better is if the Obas in those domains choose their own iyaloja and babaloja, they all come together and be under one roof.

exactly
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by capitalzero: 12:57pm On May 02, 2019
sharpsecret:
which law is dat

ask him again. He will not reply you.law or yoruba tradition does not recognize iyaloja-general of lagos.
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by sunkieisland(m): 1:09pm On May 02, 2019
People should stop attaching sentiments to issues. I'm fairly certain that in the Silicon Valley, these insignificant titles are not to be discussed.....

Before the said Iyaloja general began discussing these titles, has she directly visited the market? does she know what is obtainable in this sector? can she identify the needs of these guys without needing a spokesperson? can she relate directly to the inner workings of the ICT sector? if regulations should be made, would she be able to influence regulations that would favour traders in the Computer Village?

If she can't answer these questions without consulting a third party or a consultant, she doesn't have a business interfering with activities there....

But what do I know?

That's just One Man's opinion
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by cptfash: 1:38pm On May 02, 2019
Brightdude007:
Any thing that comes from tinubu and his family is generally accepted by the self acclaimed most educated tribe. Tinubu and his family think for all of them, tinubu and his family own Lagos. If ur tribe truly own Lagos, challenge tinubu authority for one day and c d outcome. No wonder fela sang zombie

What is ur own problem abt Yoruba or how they run their own affairs? From time immemorial Yoruba has been having iyaloja and babaloja as part of their socio-economic control to ensure discipline,sanity,peace and integrity in the society.
If ur lots are not satisfy with that pls leave yorubaland and relocate to igboland where u can exhibit all ur innate lawlessness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by sunnyside16(m): 1:44pm On May 02, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:

What is the abuse or intoxication here?

How do you describe the rude defiance and invective laid by non indigenes calling Lagos "a no man's land"?

Computer village have been very peaceful and while remitting huge returns to the government of Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2019
sunnyside16:

Computer village have been very peaceful and while remitting huge returns to the government of Lagos.

True.

But what you're seeing now is a reaction from the land owners whom non indigenes have insulted.

The Lagosians are hospitable people, the Igbos brought business and commerce and in turn the Yorubas gave up their lands and properties for them to buy, they even allow you to coronate chiefs and kings...

Now you're insulting them saying because you now have e properties and much more, you're co-owners...

Whatever the treatments traders get is deserved

Because in the southeast, you are not this nice and hospitable to foreigners.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by cptfash: 1:50pm On May 02, 2019
[b][/b]
Bede2u:
Yorubas are real backward people. The world is moving forward with technology while these cone heads are busy looking for iyanaboja and alibabalowe to install in a tech hub.

Wat is the job of the two mofos appointed if not toutism. A tribe built their culture on toutism. I knw many yorubas living in western worlds will be ashamed of this

I am sure dat any sane Igbo person in Nigeria and Western world will be ashamed of the Igbo covertness, overzealous mentality and land grabbing crusade launched in another man's land.though it is inheritance from ur fore father's like zik,ojukwu but it is expected dat u people should ve changed.can any yorubaman be allowed to do what u are doing here in ur hinterland.d history is there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by luluman: 1:55pm On May 02, 2019
dokyOloye:

Do you even know the current exco of d market is yoruba and has always been So?
Do you even know most of the big time dealers there are Yoruba?
Do you know d person who led d protest is yoruba?
But people like you see Igbo chasing you in your dreams everyday.
Stories for the gods. We all know your innate wish on the Iya lojas. Dont come & hide behind the people you mentioned. Your support is not for, but against the Iyalojas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by cptfash: 1:56pm On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
I have no business to do in Onitsha am more of a lagosian than Iyabo Tinubu Ojo
[b][/b]

Hmmmn,more of a lagosian than a biafrian?
So u are now claiming to be a Yoruba,oduduwa pikin.u better go and get a stable bearing for urself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by sunnyside16(m): 1:56pm On May 02, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:

True.

But what you're seeing now is a reaction from the land owners whom non indigenes have insulted.

The Lagosians are hospitable people, the Igbos brought business and commerce and in turn the Yorubas gave up their lands and properties for them to buy, they even allow you to coronate chiefs and kings...

Now you're insulting them saying because you now have e properties and much more, you're co-owners...

Whatever the treatments traders get is deserved

Because in the southeast, you are not this nice and hospitable to foreigners.

Enough of the bitterness and i am sure you know that should the south easterners have the balls to quit Lagos with their businesses, you know what might happen. Inbtw, i am not from the South East.

1 Like

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:01pm On May 02, 2019
sunnyside16:

Enough of the bitterness and i am sure you know that should the south easterners have the balls to quit Lagos with their businesses, you know what might happen. Inbtw, i am not from the South East.

There's nothing like bitterness in this matter. They stepped out of line, simple!

It's a mutual relationship, respect me, I respect you... But this is my land!

If they decide to move, the only problem is that the south west will have to travel to buy and the diversify the sectors of the state.
I would also like to see how you want to import/export/sell your goods.

Have you ever seen a groundnut seller staying in her house after frying the groundnut?
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by okuya: 2:05pm On May 02, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
These protesters are indeed deluded group of people.

Market is market in Lagos. How can that one carrying a placard that says computer village is an ICT hub and not pepper sellers, it's amazing how these guys thinks they can decide what happens in another man's land.

What happens to when in Rome, behave like and obey the Roman laws.
AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE SICILIANS WANTS TO LEAVE ROME BECAUSE THEY CANNOT BEHAVE LIKE THE ROMANS?
U START SHOUTING UPANDAN SAYING IT'S TREASONABLE OFFENCE.
TWO FACED IDIOTS IS WOT U ARE!!
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by cptfash: 2:27pm On May 02, 2019
dokyOloye:

If a Yoruba man in Aba or Onitsha has d political clout/popularity or population to head a local govt talk less of a market,nobody will deny him that.
I was in the Hausa quarters in my state capital on Sunday, was only when I offered a younger brother of an old classmate a drink he politely rejected saying he doesn't take alcohol(Though his elder brother does) that I remembered they're Hausa and Muslims.
I mentioned this cos we don't profile ppl according to tribe or religion as a first line in Igbo land
Yoruba full Igbo land doing their thing,nobody notice them or profile them according to tribe.
As for erosion talk,I sympathise with you.
It must be very painful for Igbo ppl to be buying up choice land and properties yoruba land while your ppl have little or no stake in Igbo land.
Endure,try to learn from them or pray to God to make you Igbo in your next life

You can't be serious ooo,though u almost sound sensible but u are just 81% short of sensibility. Tell me how do u expect Americans to come to Nigeria to houses or buy properties,lemme tell u a sensible person will only go to area/region dat ve economic and purchasing power, security and social amenities to invest hence u don't see yorubaland going to Igbo dry land to invest.remember d law of osmosis if u ever pass thru secondary school.pls make u no vex o and don't take it personal.sw is yorubaland,SE is igboland.when u are in Rome respect their culture and behave like a Roman
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by TAO11(f): 2:28pm On May 02, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Lagos is Nigeria, Not another Mans land

You mean:

Anambra is Nigeria, not Igbo man's land ?
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by TAO11(f): 2:45pm On May 02, 2019
Honor10:

ansa my question and stop talking nonsense, who are the indigenes of Lagos?

Who are the indigenes of Anambra?

1 Like

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by olril17(m): 2:59pm On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
don't mind them bro...stupid people... they bully and insult any Yoruba not supporting their evil ways..
how can someone check your post history and label you ipob..
their level of brainwash is incredible.

1 Like

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by SEONaijaExpert: 3:20pm On May 02, 2019
okuya:

AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE SICILIANS WANTS TO LEAVE ROME BECAUSE THEY CANNOT BEHAVE LIKE THE ROMANS?
U START SHOUTING UPANDAN SAYING IT'S TREASONABLE OFFENCE.
TWO FACED IDIOTS IS WOT U ARE!!
You're just a deluded pained buffalo from the yeast.
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by newmanadrian(m): 3:33pm On May 02, 2019
Owomi da? Na wetin dem like to do.
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 4:00pm On May 02, 2019
cptfash:

[b][/b]

Hmmmn,more of a lagosian than a biafrian?
So u are now claiming to be a Yoruba,oduduwa pikin.u better go and get a stable bearing for urself
can you understand what you wrote? Oga where is your father compound in Yoruba land, state it here on Nairaland, I don't need to claim been what I am go through my history and stop tagging me what am not,because am saying the truth and you guys knows it.
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by GeorgeTheCoder: 4:12pm On May 02, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

That's a shopping mall owned by brand. Computer village is owned by the State, Lagos state. Spot the difference

Is the Iyaloja a state appointee ? Is the position captured in the Constitution that she should be in charge of government markets ? Let's not be shy to go down this road. Commodities are sold in ShopRite. An Iyaloja is needed there.
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by teddyalba(m): 4:22pm On May 02, 2019
masseratti:
This is absolutely wrong, since she was given the title of iyaloja by Ọba Akinolu, she can not enforce her authority over places that are not under the Dominion of Ọba of Lagos, he authority should not go beyond Lagos Island, there is nothing like Iyaloja general, what will the iyoloja of ikorodu, EPE and Badagry now be or do, this is wrong if the state house of assembly passed any law to back this abnormally, the court should be approached, it's high time real indigenous people of Lagos steps in, this their silence and I don't care attitude will keep on costing them their real place in Lagos politics, you can't impose people to be collecting money on your behalf in places that is not under your dominion.

Which real indigenous Lagosians are you talking about?

You should know that in all yorubaland the markets has always belonged to the kings or the Baales as the case may be. And the iyaloja and iyalode are titled chieftancy titles conferred on imminent indigenous women who are in most cases of noble births or conferred on eminent settlers who have contributed to commerce in the communities.

These women's title are not honorary as they also attend the king's council meetings. Its only the male equivalent that is a modern day introduction.

And the titles could be hereditary at times. Folashade inherited the title from her grandma. We have iyaloja in the different locales on Lagos Island. She is not the iyaloja of Lagos Island and neither was Abibatu Mogaji her grandma in her lifetime but the head of all iyalojas in Lagos state. Its a chieftancy affairs beyond the comprehension of non yorubas and non indigenes.

There is a head of Olode, Araba, herbalist, artisans etc. Maybe you are not aware there is also a leading baale to the other baales?

Folashade is worthy of the title by virtue of being the granddaughter of Abibatu Mogaji than being Tinubu's daughter. If you know the mama you wont question her installation. Jagaban too made a name because of her if you care to know. We used to know him as Omo Alhaja before he became what he is.

Folashade is worthy of the title, if its just by imposition she would have died long ago to be receiving the homages of the older market women.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Huffington Post Says About Gtbank And Some Other Banks / Meet Paddy Adenuga, Biography Of Mike Adenuga's Son / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.