Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt (11575 Views)

Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State / Gunmen Shoot At A Crowd In Anambra, Three Killed (Graphic Pix) / 1,000 Houses Burnt In Kasuwan Magani As Kaduna Mayhem Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Elemosho478: 12:46am On May 02, 2019
No fewer than three persons have been killed and over 10 houses burnt in Akpoha community, in the Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, when two rival cults clashed on Monday, April 29, 2019.

Southern City News gathered that one Eze Ikpor, 18, was still in a coma in an undisclosed hospital in the state owing to the injuries he sustained during the clash.

It was also learnt that one of those killed was identified as Ogbo Ukpai, a 27-year-old, while the body of a yet-to-be -dentified person was found by the riverside on Monday after the clash.

Our correspondent further learnt that in a show of anger, residents of the area set ablaze houses of suspected cultists in the community.

The Ebonyi State Police Command confirmed the incident and hinted that about five persons had been arrested in connection with the incident.

The spokesperson of the Command, Loveth Odah, confirmed the incident to journalists in Abakaliki on Tuesday and said, “On April 28, 2019, there were cult-related activities in Akpoha community by 10 pm.

“The cult clash claimed the life of Ogbo Ukpai, aged 27 years old; while Eze Ikpor, an 18-year-old, was beaten to coma. Residencies of all the cult boys in that village were set ablaze by the villagers. They took laws into their hands by setting the houses ablaze.

“The DPO of Afikpo division said he led a patrol team and SARS and moved into the village. They were able to calm the situation and as I am talking to you, five persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.

“In Ebonyi, we don’t just have communal crises, but also cult-related activities. Everywhere you go in the state, you see almost everybody practicing cultism. What is happening? What benefit does a person practicing cultism have?”

https://punchng.com/three-killed-houses-burnt-in-ebonyi-cult-clash/amp/
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Elemosho478: 12:47am On May 02, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Kingpee2(m): 1:20am On May 02, 2019
Why ritualist no Dey see all this cult boys dem use instead of all this wasting each other’s lives?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by GentleMoney: 9:49am On May 02, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by 900warriorz: 9:50am On May 02, 2019
cry
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by m0i6e: 9:50am On May 02, 2019
this cultists sef. nawa o
may Gos help us

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Carlyboi(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2019
Wetin You gain As a Nigerian u dey form cultist from frying pan to fire � hell to hell fire!suffer no dey tire you??
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by InaNla(f): 9:55am On May 02, 2019
Lawless country
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Seetto: 9:55am On May 02, 2019
who are the government of Nigeria, Nigerians, Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, who constitute the government of Nigeria, we talk as if Nigeria government are imported from Djibouti,

People killing people , people kidnapping people , people scamming people, etc.

Nigeria my country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Mpanyi: 9:57am On May 02, 2019
Nigeria government does not want to solve cultism because it is mostly southern thing. See the efforts they put to stopZamfara crisis. Still the efforts are not paying off because they are not sincere in solving problems of killings all over the country with the same zeal they use for core north security problems.
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Nobody: 10:01am On May 02, 2019
How is it my business...

Let them finish themselves there.....

They can wipe themselves out from this earth......Is okay.....

I don't know why Ebonyi loves fighting so much...

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Nobody: 10:03am On May 02, 2019
From community fight to cults issues...

Ebonyi state wetin be una problem....what is it....

Make una rest for once kwanu.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by sunnyside16(m): 10:06am On May 02, 2019
Death and killings everywhere in Nigeria. These are avoidable deaths.
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Neddstark: 10:12am On May 02, 2019
Good one by the villagers. Burn the houses of the bloody cultists.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by dimanche4real(m): 10:14am On May 02, 2019
Cultism in Ebonyi State is powered by politicians in the state excluding none.

A situation where you can only be recommended for jobs/contracts/appointments only when you have identified the confraternity you belong to is despicable. The gullible youths have refused to learn.
Tufiakwa!
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by quincyshakur(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2019
Na my community b dat oooh angry angry angry angry Mak dem no jus try near wey my Mama dey or lipsrsealed
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by SIRmanjar(m): 11:03am On May 02, 2019
Nice one..The villagers should deal with all of dem..Cultism is not an Igbo or Hausa tin na we Yorubas get am.

Nigerian youths need to be united,instead of bin divided by cultism.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Timmypromise(m): 11:09am On May 02, 2019
quincyshakur:
Na my community b dat oooh angry angry angry angry Mak dem no jus try near wey my Mama dey or lipsrsealed

Or you run away grin grin
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by quincyshakur(m): 11:17am On May 02, 2019
Me run away? na Hustle I go hustle ooooh wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Timmypromise:

Or you run away grin grin
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by FhukaFhuka: 11:25am On May 02, 2019
angry

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Elukapendragon(m): 11:57am On May 02, 2019
When the supposed "Hard men" clash, we the lazy ones just watch and laugh
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by achi4u(m): 3:16pm On May 02, 2019
Osagyefo98:
How is it my business...

Let them finish themselves there.....

They can wipe themselves out from this earth......Is okay.....

I don't know why Ebonyi loves fighting so much...
One ebonyi man will take you down.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 02, 2019
achi4u:
One ebonyi man will take you down.
Too busy for meaningless threat....
u guys fight alot.
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by ALRENOgroup: 4:17pm On May 02, 2019
Elemosho478:

No fewer than three persons have been killed and over 10 houses burnt in Akpoha community, in the Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, when two rival cults clashed on Monday, April 29, 2019.

Southern City News gathered that one Eze Ikpor, 18, was still in a coma in an undisclosed hospital in the state owing to the injuries he sustained during the clash.

It was also learnt that one of those killed was identified as Ogbo Ukpai, a 27-year-old, while the body of a yet-to-be -dentified person was found by the riverside on Monday after the clash.

Our correspondent further learnt that in a show of anger, residents of the area set ablaze houses of suspected cultists in the community.

The Ebonyi State Police Command confirmed the incident and hinted that about five persons had been arrested in connection with the incident.

The spokesperson of the Command, Loveth Odah, confirmed the incident to journalists in Abakaliki on Tuesday and said, “On April 28, 2019, there were cult-related activities in Akpoha community by 10 pm.

“The cult clash claimed the life of Ogbo Ukpai, aged 27 years old; while Eze Ikpor, an 18-year-old, was beaten to coma. Residencies of all the cult boys in that village were set ablaze by the villagers. They took laws into their hands by setting the houses ablaze.

“The DPO of Afikpo division said he led a patrol team and SARS and moved into the village. They were able to calm the situation and as I am talking to you, five persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.

“In Ebonyi, we don’t just have communal crises, but also cult-related activities. Everywhere you go in the state, you see almost everybody practicing cultism. What is happening? What benefit does a person practicing cultism have?”

https://punchng.com/three-killed-houses-burnt-in-ebonyi-cult-clash/amp/

THIS IS MY VILLAGE AND IT IS SO UNFORTUNATE THAT CULTISM HAS RAVAGED THE LIVES OF MANY YOUNG MEN THERE. LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY COMMUNITY. WHEN DO WE START HEARING OF MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT HERE? GOD HELP US
Re: Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt by izaray(f): 4:52pm On May 02, 2019
If they like let them finish themselves on earth, non of my business jare

Senseless and wasted sperms, na even their parents i dey pity sef

(1) (Reply)

193, The Nigerian Army's Emergency Call Center / Kidnappers Kill Imam Mallam Gambo, One Other In Taraba / EFCC Hands Recovered ¥370,000, $1,800 USD To Japanese Victim Of Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.