Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? (886 Views)

Reno Omokri: What Is The Difference Between NEPA Bill And Obi's Certificate? / Senator Akpabio Chooses Broom Over Umbrella During Rainfall In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Sango-Otta, After Rainfall In Ogun State Yesterday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by Exjoker(m): 11:08am On May 02, 2019
It is no news now, that NEPA and Rainfall are in a long row and only God knows when it will ever come to an end. Anytime it is about to rain, it's either NEPA will cease their light or Rainfall most break or uproot pole(s). Now, just the other day, their beef nearly burnt down the whole of my area, with almost every home affected - It took the intervention of God to avert a major fire catastrophe that day.
I think it is high time the government should do something about that. It is laughable and embarrassing that ordinary Rainfall can cause the cessation of light in this country in this 21st century, haba! What will happen if we're ever confronted with cyclones or tsunamis

2 Likes

Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by blackboy(m): 11:29am On May 02, 2019
E tire me. This is when electricity should be stable
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by Donniefred(m): 11:31am On May 02, 2019
grin
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 02, 2019
You're right. But looking at it from another angle, try to remember all the times we hear of thunderstorms literally uprooting light poles. Now imagine how much more damage could have been caused if those poles were carrying power at the time of the mishap.
I'm not supporting PHCN, i am just saying.

1 Like

Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by MorufuAtanda: 12:04pm On May 02, 2019
Once the whether changes a bit, NEPA takes their light. Is this how it is done in other countries?

1 Like

Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by meobizy(f): 1:03pm On May 02, 2019
OP lives in a low brow area and hence doesn’t understand the need for NEPA to stop electricity during rainfall.
In developed nations it doesn’t happen because their service lines are mostly underground cables so rainfall has no effect on them.
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by ultimatebas(m): 1:21pm On May 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by Chikpat(m): 1:23pm On May 02, 2019
You don mean it
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by Bighead9: 2:03pm On May 02, 2019
Exjoker:
It is no news now, that NEPA and Rainfall are in a long row and only God knows when it will ever come to an end. Anytime it is about to rain, it's either NEPA will cease their light or Rainfall most break or uproot pole(s). Now, just the other day, their beef nearly burnt down the whole of my area, with almost every home affected - It took the intervention of God to avert a major fire catastrophe that day.
I think it is high time the government should do something about that. It is laughable and embarrassing that ordinary Rainfall can cause the cessation of light in this country in this 21st century, haba! What will happen if we're ever confronted with cyclones or tsunamis

This your write-up is funny but true. grin cheesy grin

Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by Exjoker(m): 3:39pm On May 02, 2019
meobizy:
OP lives in a low brow area and hence doesn’t understand the need for NEPA to stop electricity during rainfall.
In developed nations it doesn’t happen because their service lines are mostly underground cables so rainfall has no effect on them.
But there are still electric poles standing all over the USA but we don't hear of power interruptions anytime it is about to rain. Why can't we emulate them by carrying out underground wiring of our electric cables too
And by the way, Is your area electricity cable wiring underground? Since you are claiming to live in the must beautiful superb in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by dollytino4real(f): 3:56pm On May 02, 2019
nepa sha! need deliverance from light spirit
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by meobizy(f): 4:13pm On May 02, 2019
Exjoker:
But there are still electric poles standing all over the USA but we don't hear of power interruptions anytime it is about to rain. Why can't we emulate them by carrying out underground wiring of our electric cables too
And by the way, Is your area electricity cable wiring underground? Since you are claiming to live in the must beautiful superb in Nigeria...
When I lived in Abuja most of the cables were underground hence I never experienced rain-outages.
After a while service got terrible and then it started becoming commonplace.

In Port Harcourt where I reside electricity poles are rampant hence the scenario plays out at every sign of rainfall.
The good thing about PHED taking light before rains is it protects their equipment.
Back in the day before the routine was implemented I remember transformers always blew during storms.
Now the situation is unheard of.
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by Exjoker(m): 5:34pm On May 02, 2019
ariketalks:
You're right. But looking at it from another angle, try to remember all the times we hear of thunderstorms literally uprooting light poles. Now imagine how much more damage could have been caused if those poles were carrying power at the time of the mishap.
I'm not supporting PHCN, i am just saying.
Why can't the government and these electricity distribution companies introduce underground wiring? If you look at the rural electrification project going on, you will see that, they are still using poles to distribute light. Lesion should have taught them that, using poles is now outdated and unreliable. But lo, this is Nigeria...
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by Exjoker(m): 5:36pm On May 02, 2019
meobizy:

When I lived in Abuja most of the cables were underground hence I never experienced rain-outages.
After a while service got terrible and then it started becoming commonplace.

In Port Harcourt where I reside electricity poles are rampant hence the scenario plays out at every sign of rainfall.
The good thing about PHED taking light before rains is it protects their equipment.
Back in the day before the routine was implemented I remember transformers always blew during storms.
Now the situation is unheard of.
The question is, can't something be done about it??
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by helinues: 5:37pm On May 02, 2019
They both signed MOU... grin grin
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by Exjoker(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2019
MorufuAtanda:
Once the whether changes a bit, NEPA takes their light. Is this how it is done in other countries?
No bro, this poo only happen here Nigeria, although in other countries they do cease power if the Situation is a serious one like a heavy wind or storm, tsunamis, cyclones etc. But not just because of ordinary rainfall.
Re: When Will The Beef Between NEPA And Rainfall Ever Come To An End? by meobizy(f): 7:45pm On May 02, 2019
Exjoker:
The question is, can't something be done about it??
Not that I know of.
I honestly believe fixing it will require a lot of money which nobody is willing to spend.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Yakubu Gowon At State House After He 'Slumped' At Military Event / Benue: How Sen. Akume Used Terrorist Gana To Rig Presidential, Governorship Elec / Court of Appeal sacks Regina Husband, Ned Nwoko as PDP senator-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.