Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,877 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:47 AM

Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey (1321 Views)

Gombe 2023: A Response To Jamil I. Gwamna's Political Gambit -by Antonia J. / Atiku’s SERVER GAMBIT By Faith Edet Bassey, / Atiku’s SERVER GAMBIT By Faith Edet Bassey, A Legal Practitioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by Zeemam: 2:31pm On May 02, 2019
I really wonder for how long we have to deal with dishonest leaders. Leaders who lie without remorse, who cheat the people, deceive the people and relentlessly play on their intelligence.

When Alhaji Abubakar Atiku started yelling that he had been cheated on the Monday following the presidential elections, I thought, well, perhaps he must have a point.

Then he said the results he was getting from the field showed he was ahead while the results being announced on TV and radio by the returning officers showed that he was losing by an ever increasing gap as the results came in.

Then he said he was going to prove that the elections were rigged by showing that the INEC server (not website, which is accessible to all) contained results showing he won the elections by 1.6million votes. As to how these results got to the INEC server, he offered that the Smart Card Readers transferred the results from the polling units electronically to the server.

Atiku is clearly playing games with our intelligence. His ploy is simple. Tell a lie, make it as confusing as possible, a lie around technology always works best .

But this is so irritating because it is so obviously a lie.

In the petition before the tribunal, he says that the results on the INEC server showed that in Lagos State he had 1.1 million votes! and Buhari had 1.3 million votes. I voted in Lagos, the entire Nigerian Press and all the social media operate in Lagos. Minute by minute they posted the results on line. The total votes by all the media for both Buhari, Atiku and all other candidates was 1.05 million votes. It seems only Atiku had a record of this fantastic result!

I am a lawyer, I am not a SAN like his lawyers but the Electoral Act makes no provision whatsoever for transmission of election results electronically. The relevant provision clearly prescribes a process of filling and verifying forms at every stage from local government collation to State collation and then the National collation centre at Abuja. Section 73.

Of the Electoral Act says , “Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Commission shall issue and publish, in the Gazette, guidelines for the elections which shall make provisions, among other things, for the step by step recording of the poll in the electoral forms as may be prescribed beginning from the polling unit to the last collation centre for the ward or constituency where the result of the election shall be declared’.

And section 74. says, ‘Every Result Form completed at the Ward, Local Government, State and National levels in accordance with the provision of this Act or any guidelines issued by the Commission shall be stamped, signed and countersigned by the relevant officers and polling agents at those levels and copies given to the police officers and the polling agents, where available.’
So the law expects that the results would be collated manually, entered and signed on forms provided by law. In any event, the Card reader is only configured to verify the authenticity of PVCs not to collate and transmit results. Those who designed the process may have known that electronic transmission would result in these types of scams, a candidate who claims he accessed the INEC server! If he could access it he could tamper with the figures. Thank God that we have hard copies of all the results and the law only allows proof by hard copies.

The same Atiku argues in his petition that Card readers were not used in many States. Yet his ‘server results’ show results from every State except Rivers State. In every State there is a total number of accredited voters and scores for both Buhari and himself. How were the results electronically transmitted in States where Card Readers were allegedly not used?

It is incredible that a man who wants to lead this nation sees nothing wrong in barefaced deceit and astonishing lies.

This is just so insulting!Why do we have these sorts of characters inflicted on us?

Faith Edet Bassey, a legal practitioner writes from Abuja

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:57pm On May 02, 2019
this Akwa ibom or cross rivers man. .please don't allow the north to use you and dump..they are brothers and know what they are doing

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 02, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
this Akwa ibom or cross rivers man. .please don't allow the north to use you and dump..they are brothers and know what they are doing

Shaattaap. I am an Akwa ibom man and I repeat Shaattaap. Use and dump must be in your family genetics for you to reason this way

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by Justasiam(m): 4:14pm On May 02, 2019
True, but....
Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by Justasiam(m): 4:14pm On May 02, 2019
True, but...
Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by JusticeSeeker: 6:18pm On May 02, 2019
Only those who want to be deceived will believe Atiku's result. How on earth will Buhari score over 1 million votes in the south-east?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by tourplanet84: 7:54pm On May 02, 2019
If buhari truly won the election, how come inec is unable to allow PDP inspect their election materials?

How come total accredited voters is greater than total vote cast by 750,019?? Why the disparity?

Just use your common sense and don't try to be too clever by half.

Everybody knows that in the process of manipulating the votes, APC left a trail which is difficult to erase.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by Peacecore: 8:06pm On May 02, 2019
tourplanet84:
If buhari truly won the election, how come inec is unable to allow PDP inspect their election materials?

How come total accredited voters is greater than total vote cast by 750,019?? Why the disparity?

Everybody knows that in the process of manipulating the votes, APC left a trail which is difficult to erase.
U still don't understand Atiku's case,he's is not contesting manual results but deceiving himself with server.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by tourplanet84: 8:39pm On May 02, 2019
Peacecore:
U still don't understand Atiku's case,he's is not contesting manual results but deceiving himself with server.

Inec has a server and the result shows buhari lost.

The Manual result is not statistically possible.

Total accreditation for 2019 election is 29.3 million.

This is not realistic.

In 2015, total accreditation was approximately 30 million and the number of people with PVCs were 56 million.

In 2019, total accreditation can not be below 30 million because PVC holders had increased by over 16 million.

That is 8.31 million in the south and 8.2 million in the north.

Hence the server result which shows that total accreditation is 37.6 million is the real result because of the following reasons;

1. It's statistically realistic.

2. It shows a direct relationship btw increase in pvc collection and increase in voters accreditation and total vote cast.

3. The server result is immune to manipulation.

4. Lastly, the server result shows that nationwide turnout is 50.05% unlike the manual result which shows that nationwide turnout of voters is below 38%.

I hope I have been able to convince you that inec has a server result and atiku's lawyers know what they are doing.

Their petition is the best petition I have seen in my life because it is laced with evidences.

Cheers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:46pm On May 02, 2019
Zeemam:
[s]I really wonder for how long we have to deal with dishonest leaders. Leaders who lie without remorse, who cheat the people, deceive the people and relentlessly play on their intelligence.

When Alhaji Abubakar Atiku started yelling that he had been cheated on the Monday following the presidential elections, I thought, well, perhaps he must have a point.

Then he said the results he was getting from the field showed he was ahead while the results being announced on TV and radio by the returning officers showed that he was losing by an ever increasing gap as the results came in.

Then he said he was going to prove that the elections were rigged by showing that the INEC server (not website, which is accessible to all) contained results showing he won the elections by 1.6million votes. As to how these results got to the INEC server, he offered that the Smart Card Readers transferred the results from the polling units electronically to the server.

Atiku is clearly playing games with our intelligence. His ploy is simple. Tell a lie, make it as confusing as possible, a lie around technology always works best .

But this is so irritating because it is so obviously a lie.

In the petition before the tribunal, he says that the results on the INEC server showed that in Lagos State he had 1.1 million votes! and Buhari had 1.3 million votes. I voted in Lagos, the entire Nigerian Press and all the social media operate in Lagos. Minute by minute they posted the results on line. The total votes by all the media for both Buhari, Atiku and all other candidates was 1.05 million votes. It seems only Atiku had a record of this fantastic result!

I am a lawyer, I am not a SAN like his lawyers but the Electoral Act makes no provision whatsoever for transmission of election results electronically. The relevant provision clearly prescribes a process of filling and verifying forms at every stage from local government collation to State collation and then the National collation centre at Abuja. Section 73.

Of the Electoral Act says , “Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Commission shall issue and publish, in the Gazette, guidelines for the elections which shall make provisions, among other things, for the step by step recording of the poll in the electoral forms as may be prescribed beginning from the polling unit to the last collation centre for the ward or constituency where the result of the election shall be declared’.

And section 74. says, ‘Every Result Form completed at the Ward, Local Government, State and National levels in accordance with the provision of this Act or any guidelines issued by the Commission shall be stamped, signed and countersigned by the relevant officers and polling agents at those levels and copies given to the police officers and the polling agents, where available.’
So the law expects that the results would be collated manually, entered and signed on forms provided by law. In any event, the Card reader is only configured to verify the authenticity of PVCs not to collate and transmit results. Those who designed the process may have known that electronic transmission would result in these types of scams, a candidate who claims he accessed the INEC server! If he could access it he could tamper with the figures. Thank God that we have hard copies of all the results and the law only allows proof by hard copies.

The same Atiku argues in his petition that Card readers were not used in many States. Yet his ‘server results’ show results from every State except Rivers State. In every State there is a total number of accredited voters and scores for both Buhari and himself. How were the results electronically transmitted in States where Card Readers were allegedly not used?

It is incredible that a man who wants to lead this nation sees nothing wrong in barefaced deceit and astonishing lies.

This is just so insulting!Why do we have these sorts of characters inflicted on us?

Faith Edet Bassey, a legal practitioner writes from Abuja[/s]

rubbish
Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by BafanaBafana: 10:00pm On May 02, 2019
He knows and they know that we live in a country where people believed the president was an impostor. Where people believe Donald Trump will send warplanes to destroy Nigeria and create Biafra. He knows such people can believe anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:58pm On May 03, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Shaattaap. I am an Akwa ibom man and I repeat Shaattaap. Use and dump must be in your family genetics for you to reason this way

lol....you funny ok..meanwhile i dey ikot ekpene...come meet me dia
Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by rexwalters: 11:57pm On May 03, 2019
tourplanet84:

Greatest Mumu of all time.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by rexwalters: 11:59pm On May 03, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

rubbish
Exactly what your brain is filled with?
Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by rexwalters: 12:03am On May 04, 2019
tourplanet84:

This is not realistic.

In 2015, total accreditation was approximately 30 million and the number of people with PVCs were 56 million.

In 2019, total accreditation can not be below 30 million because PVC holders had increased by over 16 million.

Hence the server result which shows that total accreditation is 37.6 million is the real result because of the following reasons;

2. It shows a direct relationship btw increase in pvc collection and increase in voters accreditation and total vote cast.

4. Lastly, the server result shows that nationwide turnout is 50.05% unlike the manual result which shows that nationwide turnout of voters is below 38%.

I hope I have been able to convince you that inec has a server result and atiku's lawyers know what they are doing.

Their petition is the best petition I have seen in my life because it is laced with evidences.

Cheers.
Sure atiku cameroon and his senior advocates from Ghana know more than the umpire(Nigerian INEC) that set the rules?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by yemex04(m): 3:12am On May 04, 2019
tourplanet84:

This is not realistic.

Cheers.

You are very funny man grin
tourplanet84:

This is not realistic.

Cheers.

You are very funny man

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by chukel(m): 6:51am On May 04, 2019
When i read the comments of those who actually argue for atiku, I feel pity for this country cos they are many. It shows how stupid, ignorant and dumb vast majority of Nigerians are

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by Caseless: 8:51am On May 04, 2019

The same Atiku argues in his petition that Card readers were not used in many States. Yet his ‘server results’ show results from every State except Rivers State.

You can all see for yourself.
Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by agabusta: 1:15pm On May 04, 2019
chukel:
When i read the comments of those who actually argue for atiku, I feel pity for this country cos they are many. It shows how stupid, ignorant and dumb vast majority of Nigerians are

So sad. With all the claims that we be sharp people, never knew people can be this dull.
Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by kutchs: 2:19pm On May 04, 2019
chukel:
Atiku has his case in court, stop rambling and wait for the court to decide.
It's even more worrisome that some people think the runaway dullard won the election.
Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by agabusta: 6:39pm On May 04, 2019
kutchs:

It's even more worrisome that some people think the runaway dullard won the election.

Buhari won the election.
Re: Atiku’s Server Gambit By Faith Edet Bassey by netpro(m): 6:47pm On May 04, 2019
kutchs:

Stop embarrassing yourself. President is currently the President of Nigeria. He is also the President-elect. That status will remain that way unless the court says otherwise (don't hold your breath, Nigerians has decided).

(1) (Reply)

Oshomole Has Delivered What Oyegun Could Not Deliver / I Am Not Dollars That You Can Pocket Recklessly - Wike Replies Ganduje / Nnamdi Kanu Brief IPOB Members After A Close Door Meeting With EU (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.