Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Social Medialising Of Fake Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Social Medialising Of Fake Life (362 Views)

Exposed: See List Of Fake Professors In Nigerian Universities / Beware Of Fake Npower Website / Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Medialising Of Fake Life by vadeoba: 5:07pm On May 02, 2019
Some friends on social media have been asking me why my activities on all my social media profiles have reduced recently and the reason is quite simple; social media has the capacity to over magnify and exaggerate little successes and you need to put some control in place so as not to be carried away by social media popularity.

Most people who post pictures of different activities on social media are living a fake life. The new cars, clothes, houses, and phones that some of your friends post online that is making you to be jealous, having unnecessary headaches and depression don't belong to many of them.

Some of them post those pictures because they have low self-esteem problem and they want you to believe that they are ahead of you and the truth is you are ahead of many of them. The only difference is that you don’t post pictures faking a life you are not truly living.

Some of my friends on social media met me in real life and they were like they were expecting to meet one big man and if you have met me before you will know I am a down to earth person who still wears a rubber palm once in a while.

I am a realist and I don't pretend to be who I am not. When I started getting those feedbacks that a lot of people who haven't met me before always expect to meet one big man and are always disappointed whenever we meet that I am not as big as they thought then I began to sense that there is a problem somewhere.

Someone saw my wedding pictures and asked me if I did my wedding in Nigeria or abroad. Another person chatted me up that he has 6 million naira as the budget for his wedding and asked if I think it will be enough to get him my type of wedding whereas I didn't spend up to 40% of his 6 million naira budget.

So I began to sense that some of my activities on social media are misleading a lot of people and some people expect to meet an angel not knowing that despite my activities social media, I have my personal struggles, challenges, difficulties, and weaknesses and I am not by any means perfect.

The story of how I started a business with 200 naira while I was on campus that broke the internet four years ago still inspires a lot of people and I am happy about that but the story doesn't inspire me anymore. If I still have to go around to tell that story after four years of leaving campus without any other significant achievement then I am a failure.

If I should tell you what I had achieved in the last year, you probably won't believe it and it is because I haven't been posting pictures like before. I have discovered recently that people who are truly successful post fewer pictures on social media.

My plan going forward is to focus more on sharing thought-provoking articles that will help people to have a better understanding of different issues like I have been doing recently because I know it will be more beneficial to people than just posting pictures.

If I die tomorrow, I want my social media timelines to be one of the legacies I will leave behind. I don't want people to see just pictures on my timelines, I want people to be able to read my articles, make reference to my works and see some of the little impacts I am able to make.

I will encourage you to stop killing yourself because of people's pictures that you see on social media, beautiful pictures don't mean life is perfect for anyone.

Be thankful for who you are and be ready to work hard to become a better person.

#IamVincentAdeoba

(1) (Reply)

What Topic Should I Pick For My Project As A Physics Undergraduate In Nigeria? / Help! How to play video in car DVD play via USB / How Do I Open A Gofundme Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.