Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,764 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

The Galaxy A Series! - Phones (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Galaxy A Series! (182648 Views)

Which Is Better: S Or A Series Of Samsung? / Samsung’s Foldable Phone Is The Galaxy Fold, Starting At N714,780 / The Galaxy F, Samsung Foldable Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
Emmyk:

You paid to set that up? shocked

If that's the only feature, there are many apps that do that. I was using one particularly in 2014 on my Tecno phone. I can't remember its name now but it does exactly the same thing you described. Snaps and sends picture to my email when wrong password is being entered.

But this works when your data is on and area is illuminated enough.
What's the name of the app pls?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2019
Nikes:
I just got a software update on my A10 this morning. And me I'm always scared of software bugs. Abeg is it safe to update? A10 users make una help out abeg
Hehehehehehehehe. I knw that feeling. Chinko phones have shown us pepper. You update or upgrade your os and you get a Shity experience and you are forces to downgrade cos they don't release other versions to correct their bugs, they rather improve on the complaints in a newer phone model that gets launched shortly after they use your phone as lab rat. One is forced to downgrade the os and lose files on the phone in the process. A safer way is reading online reviews before updating
It's very uncommon for Samsung's updates to have bugs and the few that had, updates were released swiftly to correct them before anyone noticed.
So back to your question, yes, but is safe to update on Samsung
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ehimzy:

Had my hands on A10 A20 A50 and A70... cameras are crap... 1st failed test is the very slow autofocus of the cameras when you launch the app... A70 rear cam... another disaster... cos when the light drops just a bit.. pics become horrendous
You sent me to the dico.... Horrendous. I could even bet it was a typo error, until I checked the dictionary.
Excellent use of words. You have my salute

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
Nikes:
I currently use A10. My former infinix note 4's camera is way better. As for the battery, I have to set my phone to power mode to get the best out of it. I for just kuku patiently look for mi A2 lite
Pls what's is the charge time of your Samsung phone to like from 0-100, as against your note 4 (flash charge)?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by jboixxx: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

They dont respond jare. There was a time I was getting banned for posting on my thread and the more I posted, the longer the ban duration. Truly it shows a link to the thread that got you the ban, but the reason is usually not stated. I mailed the mods several times to knw my offence to as to avoid a reoccurence no response.
But I noticed if you paste many urls, one gets banned.
Use the nairaland URL string like [url=website]your word [/url] next time.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by DarkJeddi(m): 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
Rayd502:

I noticed the a70 doesn't have Corning gorilla glass.I wonder why.
It has Corning Gorilla Glass 3.. shocked

It said so right there on Gsmarena..
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by DarkJeddi(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2019
KngGezy:
It is important to note that on this thread we aren't comparing brands. Neither are we advising anyone to buy the best brand ( obviously its Samsung the best).

We only share knowledge on how to further improve our phones. And those with recently procured Aseries devices share their experience so far.

Xiaomi, tecno ,infinix are all great choices. But those who are avid followers of this thread. Are already owners of premium Samsung Devices.
The Galaxy A Series is NOT exactly PREMIUM Samsung Devices.. grin
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Benediktejike: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Pls what's is the charge time of your Samsung phone to like from 0-100, as against your note 4 (flash charge)?
Maximum is 2hrs for samsung a30.. average of 1hr 50mins for me.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by seanwilliam(m): 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Please can you illuminate we novice on
exynos 7894?
lol. seriously i dnt knw much about processor stuffs. but im sure samsung doesnt dissappoint when it comes to dat. dnt worry the phone will serve u

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by seanwilliam(m): 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Wow. I have learnt something new from you today. Please can you shed more light on why one shouldn't go for a phone that is more that 18 months of unveiling? Please can you give an honest review of the phone?
to me,
1. it is easier to resell latest phone(wether flagship or nt)
2. recognition(u understand)
3. latest tech in latest phone
4. beta resales value( dnt doubt this)
5. latest updates
i will pick a70 over s8( check smartpix. com to compare. u will discover dat flagship na scam SOMETIMES).
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by seanwilliam(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
watch as dem xiaomi/huawei/oppo marketers bombard this thread with their marketing strategies. i cant use any phone aside iphone, samsung, google pixel and nokia(in that order). they are the most RELIABLE(whatever being reliable means to u)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 5:35am On Jul 08, 2019
seanwilliam:
to me,
1. it is easier to resell latest phone(wether flagship or nt)
2. recognition(u understand)
3. latest tech in latest phone
4. beta resales value( dnt doubt this)
5. latest updates
i will pick a70 over s8( check smartpix. com to compare. u will discover dat flagship na scam SOMETIMES).
Hehehehehe. I grab your points esp number 3. That is about the main thing check for (among other things) when comparing phones. And in point 4, you mean "better" by beta, right?
Samsung s8 according to the site, is an hybrid phone (great turn off) and is about 2yrs 4months old. Most like it's production sef would have stopped. I am not a fan of A70 though, I don't fancy onscreen fingerprint
https://www.smartprix.com/mobiles/samsung_galaxy_a70_vs_samsung_galaxy_s8-cpd19po15nwo_1101qgryb6x.php
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by seanwilliam(m): 7:23am On Jul 08, 2019
@okikiosibodu, people buy phones for diff reasons. so all the points are on point. what do u mean by hybrid phone?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2019
[
seanwilliam:
@okikiosibodu, people buy phones for diff reasons. so all the points are on point. what do u mean by hybrid phone?
That is a respected fact and point, probably I need to to add more respect to it grin
Hybrid phones are phones that you are limited to a choice between two options: 2 Sims and no mmc, or 1 sim and mmc (although there is now nano SIM card extender as advertised by Jboixxx for helping the "sabotage"wink
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Nikes(m): 8:20am On Jul 08, 2019
Benediktejike:

Maximum is 2hrs for samsung a30.. average of 1hr 50mins for me.
My infinix note 4 takes 1hr 50 min to charge to a 100. My galaxy A10 takes upto 3hrs. The slow charging and bad camera is the downside of this device
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Nikes(m): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Hehehehehehehehe. I knw that feeling. Chinko phones have shown us pepper. You update or upgrade your os and you get a Shity experience and you are forces to downgrade cos they don't release other versions to correct their bugs, they rather improve on the complaints in a newer phone model that gets launched shortly after they use your phone as lab rat. One is forces to downgrade the os and loose files on the phone in the process. A safer way is reading online reviews before updating
It's very uncommon for Samsung's updates to have bugs and the few that had, updates were released swiftly to correct them before anyone noticed.
So back to your question, yes, but is safe to update on Samsung
True! Oreo update on my infinix note4 showed me real pepper. Anyway, I updated the galaxy A10 two days ago. Solved overheating issue, got a few added features. I just pray they send another update to improve the camera and charging speed.

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Buchika: 8:42am On Jul 08, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Pls how do you knw sd450 and sd 636..... And so on and so forth? Like I am have no idea what's it means. Can you enlighten me on it or post a king for me to read up? Thank you
If you are particular abt band 28 cos of glo 4g, don't stress yourself too much. Glo is presently test running band 3. It is available in major parts of Lagos, ibadan, and even Ogun state. I have witness the it on my infinix note 3 pro. It's only a matter of time before their tentacles spread nationwide and it gets launched officially
There are many ways to know the specifications. www.gsmarena.com is the website of choice to use. You can as well download CPU Z if you have the phone with you. Glo band 28 is a very unique band, it runs on 700mhz, band 3 runs on 1.800ghz there is a difference between the two bands. Band 28 is newer and has a big advantage over other bigger bands.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by spartacus11(m): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2019
Nikes:

True! Oreo update on my infinix note4 showed me real pepper. Anyway, I updated the galaxy A10 two days ago. Solved overheating issue, got a few added features. I just pray they send another update to improve the camera and charging speed.
Samsung will surely push an update to make ur device works better. Dont worry bro

2 Likes

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by NLbully(m): 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2019
Guys please how do I force LTE only mode on A20
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Emmyk(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Sadly I can't remember. sad
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by jboixxx: 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I use Lookout app for some time on my LG and it performs same function. Available on Google Play.

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by eki2000(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2019
From my experience with A30 which is mine and A50 and A70 which belongs to my 2 friends. Added to the review on YouTube and most phone review sites. I will strongly advice anyone against buying Galaxy A70 for the camera. A30 and A50 are Ok, especially A50. A70 is mainly about, bigger ram size, big screen, super fast charging, more battery. But i was surprised that the camera was dropped to below that of a50 or at parallel in most cases. I think it's a selling Technique by samsung.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Ehimzy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
eki2000:
From my experience with A30 which is mine and A50 and A70 which belongs to my 2 friends. Added to the review on YouTube and most phone review sites. I will strongly advice anyone against buying Galaxy A70 for the camera. A30 and A50 are Ok, especially A50. A70 is mainly about, bigger ram size, big screen, super fast charging, more battery. But i was surprised that the camera was dropped to below that of a50 or at parallel in most cases. I think it's a selling Technique by samsung.

Its an 8mp cam interpolated to 32mp
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by NLbully(m): 6:58am On Jul 09, 2019
I saw an update of 400mb+ on my phone should I go ahead and install??
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by NLbully(m): 9:53am On Jul 09, 2019
Whys the quality of screenshot quite low on Samsung A20 please any fix
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by spartacus11(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
NLbully:
Whys the quality of screenshot quite low on Samsung A20 please any fix

Not just A20, it use to bother me but not anymore

It is clear on the device but wen u upload it u don't get same quality
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Benediktejike: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
NLbully:
I saw an update of 400mb+ on my phone should I go ahead and install??
Yeah.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by DrJemmiee: 8:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hi fam. I want to buy a70 but I'm hearing it doesn't support Glo 4G LTE network embarassed

Is it true??
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by spartacus11(m): 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
DrJemmiee:
Hi fam. I want to buy a70 but I'm hearing it doesn't support Glo 4G LTE network embarassed

Is it true??

Yes.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Djdannyb4u: 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
Benediktejike:
Who has noticed this.. i had one sort of round dot flashing on the top left corner of the screen...someuow inbetween the extreme left and the camera. I restarted the phone and it stopped sha
I noticed this on my Samsung Galaxy A30 some few days ago. It just disappeared on its own.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Nikes(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ok, so I use the A10 and few days back, i complained about the battery not being that good. The overheating issue was also frustrating. I updated my software, it was still like that, then I cleared my Catche and noticed that the heating had reduced considerably. As for the battery, I could only achieve a little over 6hr SOT on 3G while running apps like fb, browser, WhatsApp,NL, playstore etc Then yesterday, I installed greenify and used it to hibernate all my apps. This morning, I charged the phone to 95%. My SOT since then has been 4hrs plus while running my normal apps on 3G. Right now I have 61% left. At some point I even wished my phone could heat up a lil beat to warm up my cold hands. Camera still bleeped up tho

NB: my device ain't rooted

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (95) (Reply)

How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.