Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

How Gbajamialila Will Emerge The Next Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gbajamialila Will Emerge The Next Speaker (569 Views)

With Opposition In Majority, APC Can’t Determine Next Speaker / US Presidential Election: Trump Will Emerge The Winner / PDP Will Produce The Next Speaker Of House Of Representatives – Reps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gbajamialila Will Emerge The Next Speaker by senatordave1(m): 6:44pm On May 02, 2019
In the house of reps,i am 100% sure that femi is the next speaker.with the plethora of contestants like namdaz,onyejiocha,chike okafor,bago,wase,dogara,monguno etc,it will he very easy for him to emerge.among the apc candidates,he clearly has the largest support followed by wase.a couple of pdp reps members are with him.he has the automatic support of almost all reps members from north west and south west.up to 20 pdp members are supporting him.i estimate about 150 members solidly behind him from apc,with 20 from pdp and with apc now more firm in instilling party discipline,180 out of 220 should vote him.

If more than two members go into the contest lets say femi,wase,dogara and bago,femi will get 150,wase support is mostly from the north central and should get like 30 from apc and 10 from pdp.out of the 120 pdp members,90 will vote dogara.bago will get less votes than the rest making femi the winner.

If dogara doesn't contest and its left for apc members alone,half of pdp members will vote namdaz or wase,30 will go to femi while the remaining votes of pdp will be divided.femi's 150 is constant,its the lowest votes he can get but i dont see him getting below the 174 he polled in 2015.
If the contest is between femi and just one other apc lawmaker,majority will go with femi while at least 20 from pdp should seal the deal.
If all apc contenders step down for femi leaving dogara alone to slug it out with femi,dogara should have 100 pdp votes plus 40 from apc and 10 from other parties giving him 150.the remaining will go to femi.
Based on the above theory,femi is our next speaker and the deputy speaker will likely be among one of the contestanta that will step down and back him.it may be wase,namdaz or monguno.it could even be jibrin.

Mynd44
Midolian
Frowland
Kahal
Ngeneukwenu
Sarrki
Metaphysical
Evilmetahuman
Political
Caseless
Oshigun
Madridguy
Tuniski
Oghenaogie
Re: How Gbajamialila Will Emerge The Next Speaker by seunmsg(m): 7:27pm On May 02, 2019
Hon. Mongunu is no longer contesting for the speakership. He had since stepped down for Femi Gbajabiamila.
Re: How Gbajamialila Will Emerge The Next Speaker by Peacecore: 7:49pm On May 02, 2019
Though I'm a full fledged Igbo guy but I must say that Tinubu deserves better for his political ideology n tenacity.
What do I mean Jagaban is among d few politicians dat has no cross_carpet even after a lot of intimidation from d party he built. The emergence of Lawan n Gbaja will boost his political base ahead of 2019 n I pray they succeed.
Re: How Gbajamialila Will Emerge The Next Speaker by aolawale025: 7:51pm On May 02, 2019
There will be gnashing of teeth after the legislative election

(1) (Reply)

Who’s The Best Governor In Nigeria?‬(photos) / Inec Meet On Tuesday To Decide ON Okorocha Certificate of Return / BREAKING: Ahmad Lawan Announces Names Of Principal Officers For Ninth Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.