Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,496 members, 7,781,484 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:24 PM

I'm Confused. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Confused. (4417 Views)

Christians Can You Explain This Photo Cos I'm Confused / Help!! I'm Confused. / I'm Confused About Jesus :-[ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused. by Nobody: 1:35am On May 03, 2019
I'll make it short. I first left Christianity in 2011. It didn't make sense to me. I became an atheist and took a deep dive into the world of philosophy. Last year, I was diagnosed with a life threatening disease. I have spent money trying to get my health back but no way. I have severally gotten to the point where humans cross to the other side but for some unknown reason, I'm still alive.

January this year, the sickness worsened. It paralysed me and made me useless. I struggled to get good healthcare because I couldn't work for money due to my bad health. I resigned and decided to be patient for death. I called a few foes, made peace and prepared myself for death by reading books on nihilism and absurdism, fantasising about the blissful state of non-existence.

One day, a concerned neighbour came to my apartment, she is very much aware of my irreligious nature. She asked to pray for me. Me I no send am because I don follow people pray tire. I told her I was not interested. She told me that I only need to close my eyes and say amen. I reluctantly agreed. She laid hands on me and prayed. After she prayed, I felt different. I started breathing properly, My palms and underneath my feet which were always white as snow became red due to the inflow of blood (there's poor circulation of blood in my body). I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. I spent my whole night questioning the rationale behind the incident. I was able to walk and do my morning exercise the following day and afterwards. The lady told me to go back to God. I decided to give it a try. I went to her church just once and stopped.

Months later, The problem returned. I hadn't gotten a job and I needed money to get medications. I became depressed. My sickness worsened due to anxiety. As usual, I prepared for death.

This night she came again and prayed. Now I feel better.

The point of this writeup is, I'm running mad here. What is happening? I've read tons of books on organised religion and I detest religion. But I recognise the need for man to seek spirituality.

What is going on with me? What is special about that lady? Can anybody give me a concrete explanation for this? Does this woman have the special gift of healing? I'm not a fan of the mysterious.
Re: I'm Confused. by chukwuibuipob: 2:03am On May 03, 2019
sad Jesus Lof U.Give ur life to Christ and EXPERIENCE PEACE OF MIND,free from pain,misfortune, hopelessness. Jesus is the way out of ur situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused. by Kingpee2(m): 3:37am On May 03, 2019
The truth you need has been revealed to you ,bro being an atheist shouldn’t stop you from believing that there is God somewhere even if we don’t know which one he is ,i’d Suggest you stick to praying more and more since you’ve noticed that whenever she prays you get better ,I don’t have any biblical scriptures or from quran to give to you,just accept that there’s God,it takes nothing away from you,don’t risk that chance of being ignorant ,I’d stick to whatever heals me when I need the healing,don’t die in silence when you already found the truth,your being confused is literally based on your stubbornness and hatred towards anything called religion,there’s definitely a God we just don’t know exactly who is right between Christians and Muslims but I know there’s a God somewhere ....
Re: I'm Confused. by hopeforcharles(m): 5:06am On May 03, 2019
Kingpee2:
The truth you need has been revealed to you ,bro being an atheist shouldn’t stop you from believing that there is God somewhere even if we don’t know which one he is ,i’d Suggest you stick to praying more and more since you’ve noticed that whenever she prays you get better ,I don’t have any biblical scriptures or from quran to give to you,just accept that there’s God,it takes nothing away from you,don’t risk that chance of being ignorant ,I’d stick to whatever heals me when I need the healing,don’t die in silence when you already found the truth,your being confused is literally based on your stubbornness and hatred towards anything called religion,there’s definitely a God we just don’t know exactly who is right between Christians and Muslims but I know there’s a God somewhere ....
A fool says in his heart there is no God,
Humans are spiritual beings and are connected to a higher power, Jesus is the way, the truth and the light without him there is no other way.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by hakeem4(m): 5:51am On May 03, 2019
hopeforcharles:

A fool says in his heart there is no God,
Humans are spiritual beings and are connected to a higher power, Jesus is the way, the truth and the light without him there is no other way.
a bigger fool says in his heart there is a god, when there is no evidence to back up the claim

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused. by OpenYourEyes1: 6:13am On May 03, 2019
Wow I had similar experience as an atheist . It blew my mind and made me a believer.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 8:33am On May 03, 2019
stefanbanach:
I'll make it short. I first left Christianity in 2011. It didn't make sense to me. I became an atheist and took a deep dive into the world of philosophy. Last year, I was diagnosed with a life threatening disease. I have spent money trying to get my health back but no way. I have severally gotten to the point where humans cross to the other side but for some unknown reason, I'm still alive.

January this year, the sickness worsened. It paralysed me and made me useless. I struggled to get good healthcare because I couldn't work for money due to my bad health. I resigned and decided to be patient for death. I called a few foes, made peace and prepared myself for death by reading books on nihilism and absurdism, fantasising about the blissful state of non-existence.

One day, a concerned neighbour came to my apartment, she is very much aware of my irreligious nature. She asked to pray for me. Me I no send am because I don follow people pray tire. I told her I was not interested. She told me that I only need to close my eyes and say amen. I reluctantly agreed. She laid hands on me and prayed. After she prayed, I felt different. I started breathing properly, My palms and underneath my feet which were always white as snow became red due to the inflow of blood (there's poor circulation of blood in my body). I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. I spent my whole night questioning the rationale behind the incident. I was able to walk and do my morning exercise the following day and afterwards. The lady told me to go back to God. I decided to give it a try. I went to her church just once and stopped.

Months later, The problem returned. I hadn't gotten a job and I needed money to get medications. I became depressed. My sickness worsened due to anxiety. As usual, I prepared for death.

The point of this writeup is, I'm running mad here. What is happening? I've read tons of books on organised religion and I detest religion. But I recognise the need for man to seek spirituality.

What is going on with me? What is special about that lady? Can anybody give me a concrete explanation for this? Does this woman have the special gift of healing? I'm not a fan of the mysterious.
Please just tell me you're not kidding me?

Do you want to die first before you believe that God truly exists?

For you have been seeking a proof since you became an atheist of God's existence, and when He finally gives it to you via that blessed lady, you are now saying you are confused, Lol!

Well you're really lucky that you've been given an opportunity to even be confused, but don't think you'd always have it, for many atheists are not as lucky as yourself, for they only got to believe the proof of God's existence in hell fire in the company of the devil and his demons.

So at least don't waste the efforts of that blessed lady that God has used to exorcize that disease of atheism from your system, for you been blaspheming the name of God for how long and when you fell seriously sick and had spent all you had on the doctors and physicians you believed in in trying to get well to no avail.

And even all your fellow atheists and the likes couldn't come to your aid, but it was the same God whose name you blasphemed that healed you via a lady who afterwards told you to go back to God.

You must not only do that but also testify to fellow atheists as your former self that God which they don't believe exist healed you when all doctors and physicians couldn't.

And keep praying for the lady, that God blesses her for the great work that He had used her to do in your life.

And may the healing power of God's Spirit make you perfectly whole.

Cc. Atewo400, futurist369, Hermes019, Bacteriologist, Maxi3k,1stSonOfLucifer, Vic2Ree, finalboss, HappyPagan, TheArranger, HellVictorinh, Dantedasz, MJBOLT, LordReed, seun, iamsabrina, bobowaja, hardmirror, sharon1, CAPSLOCKED, otematum
HappyPagan, Niflheim, frosbel2, Bojack, Martinez39, johnydon22, hahn, HenryDion, jeromeblack, LandlordHopeful, finalboss, janettee, OkpaNsukkaisBae, CreepyBlackpool, Frank317 etc.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by LordReed(m): 9:37am On May 03, 2019
stefanbanach:

Are you on any medication? Did you stop taking medication when you felt you were going to die?

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 9:46am On May 03, 2019
LordReed:

Are you on any medication? Did you stop taking medication when you felt you were going to die?
Medications weren't helping so I stopped taking them. I felt I was wasting money because my health wasn't improving.
Re: I'm Confused. by LordReed(m): 10:01am On May 03, 2019
stefanbanach:
Medications weren't helping so I stopped taking them. I felt I was wasting money because my health wasn't improving.

When did you stop? Like how many days before she prayed?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by UceeGod: 10:02am On May 03, 2019
Christianity is not a religion, you don't need to follow her to her church to be a desciple of Christ.
What s happening to you is God's unmerited Love. Start studying the Bible and pray with your whole heart that the Spirit of Christ make you understand.
GIVE YOUR WHOLE LIFE TO GOD. HE HAS A PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE. HIS HANDS ARE STILL OPEN TO YOU.
DON'T ALLOW YOUR OWN DESIRES TO LEAD YOU TO ETERNAL DAMNATION.
YOU CAN NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING UNTIL HE COMES INTO YOUR LIFE.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 10:12am On May 03, 2019
LordReed:

When did you stop? Like how many days before she prayed?
i haven't been on medications for weeks. Before she came to pray for me last night, I barely sleep at night because of my breathing problems. I spend my night deeply inhaling, exhaling and gasping for breath.

Yesterday after she prayed, I was fine and slept well.
Re: I'm Confused. by LordReed(m): 10:25am On May 03, 2019
stefanbanach:
i haven't been on medications for weeks. Before she came to pray for me last night, I barely sleep at night because of my breathing problems. I spend my night deeply inhaling, exhaling and gasping for breath.

This is interesting. So have you gone back to the hospital for testing to confirm you no longer have the ailment?

BTW if you can what were you diagnosed with?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 10:26am On May 03, 2019
Kingpee2:
Wow wow wow. I love this comment so much. In another hand the true God is the one that manifested himself in Human flesh(Lord Jesus Christ) and the way to that true God is simply to believe and receive the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Shikenah.....BTW I got right feelings for your signature.
Thanks.
God bless.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 10:30am On May 03, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Wow I had similar experience as an atheist . It blew my mind and made me a believer.
I talk am. Ehen
Re: I'm Confused. by Zhirinovsky: 10:35am On May 03, 2019
...for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
Matthew 11:23b

stefanbanach:

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 10:37am On May 03, 2019
UceeGod:
Christianity is not a religion, you don't need to follow her to her church to be a desciple of Christ.
What s happening to you is God's unmerited Love. Start studying the Bible and pray with your whole heart that the Spirit of Christ make you understand.
GIVE YOUR WHOLE LIFE TO GOD. HE HAS A PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE. HIS HANDS ARE STILL OPEN TO YOU.
DON'T ALLOW YOUR OWN DESIRES TO LEAD YOU TO ETERNAL DAMNATION.
YOU CAN NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING UNTIL HE COMES INTO YOUR LIFE.
Mr Op, hope you didn't just read and skip this comment, the truth you desire is in it and same with that of Jesusjnr.
Thanks.
God bless.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused. by hopeforcharles(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2019
hakeem4:
a bigger fool says in his heart there is a god, when there is no evidence to back up the claim
The most befuddled and ostrich brained bigger fool will always deny the existence of A God and Creator when it's all glaring at him, in forms of complex human anatomy, cerebral and heavenly bodies around. You will be surprised how some homosapiens could descend so low as to reason like an idoit.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 11:46am On May 03, 2019
hopeforcharles:

The most befuddled and ostrich brained bigger fool will always deny the existence of A God and Creator when it's all glaring at him, in forms of complex human anatomy, cerebral and heavenly bodies around. You will be surprised how some homosapiens could descend so low as to reason like an idoit.
Dont argue with fellows that have apes, chimpanzees, monkeys and gorillas as their ancestors.... Loooooool

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by LordReed(m): 12:13pm On May 03, 2019
Agrogbeide:
Dont argue with fellows that have apes, chimpanzees, monkeys and gorillas as their ancestors.... Loooooool

You should laugh with your god that supposedly created us with 99% similarity in dna with Chimpanzees and 60% similarity in dna with Chickens and Bananas. Your god must be a big practical joker ain't it? LoL

7 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 03, 2019
LordReed:

This is interesting. So have you gone back to the hospital for testing to confirm you no longer have the ailment?

BTW if you can what were you diagnosed with?
I'm at the hospital running tests at the moment. Just finished x-ray. About running other tests.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused. by LordReed(m): 12:25pm On May 03, 2019
stefanbanach:
I'm at the hospital running tests at the moment. Just finished x-ray. About running other tests.

I do hope you are genuinely healed. Let us know how that it turns out.
Re: I'm Confused. by MuttleyLaff: 12:28pm On May 03, 2019
stefanbanach:

The first thing you need to do is to reorient yourself about detesting religion because religion, that is the pure, true one that God finds no fault with, is absolutely necessary to do and be part of.

Of course, the need for man to seek spirituality is there because man fundamentally, is a spirit being.

Yeah, it is possible, the woman has the special gift of healing. It is also possible, she likely has been watching you and then got persuaded to reach out to you.

Each and everyone of us, certainly will perform our function and carry out on earth God's purpose, however you act, but it makes a difference to you whether you'll act like the pharaoh who knew Joseph, or act like the Pharaoh of Moses' time, who knew not Joseph.

It is fake and lazy science to advance the thought that human beings have 99% similarity in DNA with Chimpanzees

5 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 03, 2019
People here are not understanding me. Maybe because I left out a part of my story. As at January 2018, Atheism stopped making sense to me. I stopped questioning God's existence and tried to find God. I went back to studying the Bible, studied the quran etc. I tried connecting the dots, I came to a conclusion though Christianity have a terrible history, the fact remains that the Bible contains certain truths, although altered. I believe that Christ is just an embodiment of the ideal man. Christ is what we should aspire to be like I came to a conclusion that the Bible and it's contents are allegorical. Still I decided to follow the laws of God(the 10 commandments) and do good to my fellow man at all times. This is what the biblical Christ instructed us to do. This is what I do. This is the kind of Christianity I practice. I'm not an atheist. Not anymore.

Now, I believe Christians practice Christianity wrongly. I believe we can have a perfect world if we practice Christianity the right way. 99% of the Christians, pastors who have prayed for me, didn't change anything. My health remained the same after the prayers.

But this woman has prayed twice, and my health improved. I want to know what she does differently so that I can, WE CAN, do what she does, and have our prayers answered just like hers. I asked her the first time, how did she me better with her prayers. her reply was "JUST TRUST GOD AND HAVE FAITH". The reply wasn't satisfactory.

The purpose of this thread is, what do you think this woman does, that the average Christian doesn't do?

PS: SHE'S A RETIRED/EX-PROSTITUTE....
Re: I'm Confused. by kentebemoney: 3:13pm On May 03, 2019
stefanbanach:

Now, I believe Christians practice Christianity wrongly. I believe we can have a perfect world if we practice Christianity the right way. 99% of the Christians, pastors who have prayed for me, didn't change anything. My health remained the same after the prayers.

But this woman has prayed twice, and my health improved. I want to know what she does differently so that I can, WE CAN, do what she does, and have our prayers answered just like hers. I asked her the first time, how did she me better with her prayers. her reply was "JUST TRUST GOD AND HAVE FAITH". The reply wasn't satisfactory.

The purpose of this thread is, what do you think this woman does, that the average Christian doesn't do?

Bros belive me, the answer she gave to you as simple as it sounds is the BIG TRUTH.

God is respecter of no man nor title.
RETIRED/EX-PROSTITUTE or not, the moment she sincerly gave her life to christ, her sins were wiped clean.
following God in Truth and spirit makes the diffrence not playing "churchnity".

Years ago we were building our fence and the mason we were suppose to give the job did something my mum did not like, so she did'nt give him the job. While the work was on going the mason that should have gotten the job walked past our house with some people(like make i see wetin dem dey do), some minutes after he left the clouds started gathering(and the skies were clear b4 oooo). My mum was vexed in spirit and she went into prayers and decreed clear skies, bros sharply the clouds were rolled backed and the sun came forth.

since then the man dey greet my mama with nuff reverence.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by hakeem4(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2019
hopeforcharles:

but with the evidence evolution has shown you " that there is no need for any intelligent designer" you still say there is god
you are the type of fool other fools are jealous of

4 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by hopeforcharles(m): 3:45pm On May 03, 2019
hakeem4:
but with the evidence evolution has shown you " that there is no need for any intelligent designer" you still say there is god
you are the type of fool other fools are jealous of
Can you please show us the evidence? Because the last time I checked people haven't been transforming from apes to homosapiens.
If you have no proofs please stop the quote.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 03, 2019
LordReed:

You should laugh with your god that supposedly created us with 99% similarity in dna with Chimpanzees and 60% similarity in dna with Chickens and Bananas. Your god must be a big practical joker ain't it? LoL
kikikikikikikikikiki.........loooooool
So the 1% difference is that you Lordreed don't live in the forest hopping from one banana tree to another!
You need rest my dear, I nor get phone ink to waste over arguments......LMFAO

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 03, 2019
stefanbanach:
People here are not understanding me. Maybe because I left out a part of my story. As at January 2018, Atheism stopped making sense to me. I stopped questioning God's existence and tried to find God. I went back to studying the Bible, studied the quran etc. I tried connecting the dots, I came to a conclusion though Christianity have a terrible history, the fact remains that the Bible contains certain truths, although altered. I believe that Christ is just an embodiment of the ideal man. Christ is what we should aspire to be like I came to a conclusion that the Bible and it's contents are allegorical. Still I decided to follow the laws of God(the 10 commandments) and do good to my fellow man at all times. This is what the biblical Christ instructed us to do. This is what I do. This is the kind of Christianity I practice. I'm not an atheist. Not anymore.

Believe me in my opinion, you're still talking gibberish and trying to justify your ingratitude to God by all these excuses you're coming up with, and showing that you're really not serious and probably why you became an atheist in the first place

I saw some of your last posts here and they were posts that openly made mockery of God and blasphemed His Holy name, and you said here that you stopped questioning since January 2018 but I have added some screen shots of some blasphemous comments I saw which you made on mid last year.

And even here in your op you talked about the girl knowing how irreligious you were, how you detested religion and how you were reluctant for her to pray for you, but here you are talking about atheism stopping to make sense to you, how you stopped being an atheist any more, and the kind of Christianity you practiced bla, bla, bla, so to me you were right when you said you were confused, for you're confused indeed.

You may be think i'm being too harsh on you, but you need to understand where i'm coming from is the point of hard truth, that you need to hear for your own good.

For if you say that you had left atheism and started practicing whatever kind of Christianity then how come no one here heard about that?

And worse still how could you not have come to testify of God's healing power you experienced when no one else was able to help you out from the life threatening sickness in the same place you were openly blaspheming his name?

I mean nothing concerning that being mentioned here on Nairaland shows your extent of ingratitude to Him.

And it had to happen again to you but still yet all you could say is that you're confused.

Perhaps it's better that you have even revealed that she was an ex-prostitute so at least that should show you how God works, for God uses the foolish and weak things of this world to confound the wise and strong respectively, for she the ex- prostitute was the same one that told you to go back to God, meaning that she had done the same, and hence made herself a vessel for God to use to this extent.

So my friend instead of wasting time trying to explain yourself, try to right your wrongs and ingratitude this time for you've been given a several chances already and maybe this is your last one.

As you can clearly see I have even shown more appreciation of this your story more than yourself, for I believe it's something that atheists as your former self need to hear.

Yeah, God can use even an ex-prostitute to achieve something that seemed pretty much impossible here on Nairaland, CONVERT ATHEISTS TO BELIEVERS.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused. by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
The first thing you need to do is to reorient yourself about detesting religion because religion, that is the pure, true one that God finds no fault with, is absolutely necessary to do and be part of.

Of course, the need for man to seek spirituality is there because man fundamentally, is a spirit being.

Yeah, it is possible, the woman has the special gift of healing. It is also possible, she likely has been watching you and then got persuaded to reach out to you.

Each and everyone of us, certainly will perform our function and carry out on earth God's purpose, however you act, but it makes a difference to you whether you'll act like the pharaoh who knew Joseph, or act like the Pharaoh of Moses' time, who knew not Joseph.

It is fake and lazy science to advance the thought that human beings have 99% similarity in DNA with Chimpanzees
Good, Better, Best. Thumbs up.
Re: I'm Confused. by hakeem4(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2019
hopeforcharles:

Can you please show us the evidence? Because the last time I checked people haven't been transforming from apes to homosapiens.
If you have no proofs please stop the quote.
well this is just a sign you do not understand evolution. i cannot waste my time trying to explain it to you. we can create a thread to argue this out

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused. by LordReed(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2019
Agrogbeide:
kikikikikikikikikiki.........loooooool
So the 1% difference is that you Lordreed don't live in the forest hopping from one banana tree to another!
You need rest my dear, I nor get phone ink to waste over arguments......LMFAO

Why would you want to argue facts? Go and ask your god why it created chimps with dna 99% similar to ours (if you'll ever get an answer to that question LMAO!).

BTW I didn't know christians laugh their fuckin' arse off. LMFAO!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Brought Near To God - Joseph Prince / Sex And Violence In The Bible / Should Religion Be A Factor In Adoption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.