Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:55 PM

Just Before You Leave Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Just Before You Leave Nigeria (33605 Views)

JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by mukhcech(m): 9:03pm On May 06, 2019
Princedapace:
If u have ur way, leave this country... My friend is not finding things easy in the USA but she is happy.. At least, she has stable electricity, she pays for what she sees, she has world class health facilities, and above all, she has a better future for her kids..

pls, leave nigeria if u have ur way. No place is easy, but just leave. Leave oooooo.

These leaders and the high level of illiteracy in the country arent helping matter anytime soon..

Buhari will rule for another 4 years and still, nothing will change, still the same dirty cities, poor electricity, poor security, poor education, poor roads, poor salaries, massive corruption, favoritism, and all that.

Pessimism
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by flourishing247: 9:54pm On May 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

There will always be an alternative. Many Nigerians are not ready so why will I waste my time on them. Nigeria is a frustrated country with ruthless people they call politicians that do not care. Even if I try to make it work, the people are not ready hence they are comfortable with their suffering. No light, no portable drinking water,no good roads, poor health care delivery and poor education.

I know how you feel but I still say that you should have a change of mindset. Some countries are worse than Nigeria but they still stick it out.
This mindset of an alternative is what has destroyed the youth of our Nation. It is well with us all .
One day I pray we get it right

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 06, 2019
Bank refuse to grant me loan. I want to sell my almost completed house and leave this country. No buyer yet. Located in Delta, between Ughelli South and Otor Udu LGA. I've got so many opportunity abroad, but fund has always deprived me for moving. If I tell you my story and show you true documents, NL will contribute money for me. I did a design recently, a remodification of something, a company accepted my design and decided to link me to the third party that would carry on the production. They requested for $890.00 for agreement fee. I told them I don't have such money. A genuine company from US. They told me also going to spend little from my end, that it's the commitment. It pained me that I don't have such cash, so I've made up my mind to sell what I have. How you see am?

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Bybuk66133(m): 10:22pm On May 06, 2019
Blyzz:
Bank refuse to grant me loan. I want to sell my almost completed house and leave this country. No buyer yet. Located in Delta, between Ughelli South and Otor Udu LGA. I've got so many opportunity abroad, but fund has always deprived me for moving. If I tell you my story and show you true documents, NL will contribute money for me. I did a design recently, a remodification of something, a company accepted my design and decided to link me to the third party that would carry on the production. They requested for $890.00 for agreement fee. I told them I don't have such money. A genuine company from US. They told me also going to spend little from my end, that it's the commitment. It pained me that I don't have such cash, so I've made up my mind to sell what I have. How you see am?

My guy look well make yahoo boys no use u shine oh

7 Likes

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Manweysabi(m): 10:47pm On May 06, 2019
Blyzz:

No be only commitment fee

Bro, you're about to be scammed

8 Likes

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by centboy123456(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2019
sentra05:

Ladies and gentlemen, there is no right or wrong opinion when it comes to leaving Nigeria, we all see things differently. What is wrong is always using money as a yardstick for everyone who wants to leave the country. Not everyone sees being a millionaire as an achievement.

I used to be anti abroad those days. The way some of you criticize people wanting to relocate abroad is also what i do at that time. I remember when my brother first asked me to relocate, i remember asking him what he has achieved that i have not achieved while in Nigeria. I was a lucky chap, graduated and got a good job immediately and started making good money at young age. At mid 20s, i had my ride, bought lands and already building. To me at that time everything was money and i was making it.

However, as i started traveling out of the country on visit, Nigeria started annoying me because of her state. Yes,individually we have money than a lot of people abroad but then the country cannot measure up to those countries in all indices. Anyway, i was not still convinced of relocating abroad but one incident made my mentality change forever.

One faithful night around 12.15 am, my friend who was out of town on a business trip called me with his voice shaking. Reason; his pregnant wife is having serious issues and she needs to be taken to the hospital immediately. His wife is one of those women whose pregnancy is always full of complications and that is why her mother is always living with her during the period.

During this period, there was security issues in the area as we keep hearing gunshots every night, so the whole area was tensed. So when my friend needed my help take his wife to the hospital that night, i and my wife was scared to move out that night for fear of the unknown even though there were 4 ready cars (I had 2, my friend had 2 cars). As i got to his house ( we were neighbors separated by a fence), his wife was crying but scared to move out at that time.

In order to dodge going out at that time, i called a doctor i know to come and attend to her ( I thought i was sharp guy), the doctor said the best thing is to take her to the hospital and at that point,i had no choice than to drive her to the hospital as it was now a matter of life and death and i won't forgive myself if she dies, i had to take the risk.

Just before we are about to enter the car, she told us to wait, that she is getting some relief and that the pains are reducing. Lo and behold, 5 minutes after, she said she was okay and she didn't need to go again till morning. I guess the fear of those gunshots made her well by force. i told her to call her husband, my friend so that he will know it is his wife's decision. That was how i escaped going out that night.

When i was telling my cousin abroad what happened, he just downplayed the issue. He said " You should have just called 911 and they will send an ambulance and police if there is a security threat in your area in 5 minutes. You didn't need to carry someone who needs an emergency care in an ordinary car to the hospital, it is the job of an ambulance as they would be attending to her even before she gets to the hospital. In an emergency, one minute of medical care can make a difference. what if she dies on the road inside your car?"

At this point,it dawned on me that the money and cars we claim to have will have been useless in a very serious emergency situation. It was after this incident, i started making concrete plans to relocate until i did and i am enjoying life here even though i am not yet making the kind of money i was making in Nigeria but i know i will get there. See guys,i will take a working system and infrastructure over being a millionaire in a shithole, i am telling you from experience from both world.

bro where are you now
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by true2home(m): 12:56am On May 07, 2019
Nigerian fails to realize that the country is a Developing Country, it requires time and true patriotism by its citizens to work. Those countries you guys are running to have gone through the same struggle and faced it head-on; not run like cowards like most nigerian are. USA is OVer 200years of civilization and likewise UK and many Developed country. Those that are developed made a decision to stay and fix their country ,not run to the country of the day then.

To travel abroad is not bad in itself. Just like the Chinese, you are suppose to go LEGALLY and Acquire necessary skill to take back to your own country of origin. Not Born-Throway.

I was born abroad but doing everything back home and change the tiny bit i can with my acquired training: just like the WISE chinese. ITs only a stupid set of people will spend their USEFUL age abroad serving a country the will never be theirs.

asuustrike1:

Nigeria lack the basic necessities of life that is why many are leaving. Even if you make clean money here, you might not enjoy it because the system will would frustrate you

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by true2home(m): 1:01am On May 07, 2019
Nigerian fails to realize that the country is a Developing Country, it requires time and true patriotism by its citizens to work. Those countries you guys are running to have gone through the same struggle and faced it head-on; not run like cowards like most nigerian are. USA is OVer 200years of civilization and likewise UK and many Developed country. Those that are developed made a decision to stay and fix their country ,not run to the country of the day then.

To travel abroad is not bad in itself. Just like the Chinese, you are suppose to go LEGALLY and Acquire necessary skill to take back to your own country of origin. Not Born-Throway.

I was born abroad but doing everything back home and change the tiny bit i can with my acquired training: just like the WISE chinese. ITs only a stupid set of people will spend their USEFUL age abroad serving a country the will never be theirs.

Bizibi:
there are people who are in that category that are jetting out too,when you leave the shores of this country you Begin to wonder why the system in Nigeria is wasting its citizens time,lives and energy.

What you find difficult here to put to benefit Nigerians will be easy in another organized society.the gap is too much in Nigeria but putting those infrastructures to close the gap is a problem.
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23am On May 07, 2019
Bolamike:

Just stumbled upon this thread. I'm a software developer also and I've been there too but truth be told, Nigeria isn't ready for tech startups.
I'd advise you not to waste your time, talent and effort waiting for people to invest in your idea; make moves first, get experience and work with people at both national and international level, it will help you a lot.

I hope you get to understand this very soon.

clearly understood sir , thanks.
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 7:07am On May 07, 2019
true2home:

well,I'm doing my best but I'm tired of those in government. You can't keep wasting your energy in the name of patriotism.
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 8:59am On May 07, 2019
Bizibi:
well,I'm doing my best but I'm tired of those in government. You can't keep wasting your energy in the name of patriotism.
Lol, ask those who are suggesting that you remain in Nigeria but live abroad to also relocate back home( the Nigeria that they claim to love so much) they like to visit, buy land, houses etc but they have PR, second passport etc, they are one leg in the shithole jungle and one leg on the next available flight with a confirmed ticket incase yawa gaz, but they will never want to permanently live in Nigeria but will be talking about patriotism and all those bulshit.

Home to me is where you have peace of mind, and the ability to pursue your God given potentials regardless of your color, Creed, religious beliefs etc without bribing anyone else and if I find that place in the Antarctica, that is my home.

Home is not necessarily your country of origin or birth, that is my strong opinion anyday, leave trash for lawma, if you have the means to flee, do it in a legit manner, don't wait until Nigeria is 200 or 500 years to develop because you might not be alive to witness the Eldorado, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan and Libya, Kapish grin

2 Likes

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:10am On May 07, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, ask those who are suggesting that you remain in Nigeria but live abroad to also relocate back home( the Nigeria that they claim to love so much) they like to visit, buy land, houses etc but they have PR, second passport etc, they are one leg in the shithole jungle and one leg on the next available flight with a confirmed ticket incase yawa gaz, but they will never want to permanently live in Nigeria but will be talking about patriotism and all those bulshit.

Home to me is where you have peace of mind, and the ability to pursue your God given potentials regardless of your color, Creed, religious beliefs etc without bribing anyone else and if I find that place in the Antarctica, that is my home.

Home is not necessarily your country of origin or birth, that is my strong opinion anyday, leave trash for lawma, if you have the means to flee, do it in a legit manner, don't wait until Nigeria is 200 or 500 years to develop because you might not be alive to witness the Eldorado, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan and Libya, Kapish grin

It could be worse. He could have been born in Burkina Faso or Liberia grin
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by casperuk(m): 9:11am On May 07, 2019
I have heard of people stabbed in London, the emergency ambulance couldn’t save them. A lot of people die here even with all the facilities they cannot be save. In everything my brother, na God get power. Woe is he that put his trust in man says the bible.

I have been harassed one night @ about 11-12pm coming back from church in a place called catford. Two black guys wanted to collect my hand bag. They probably felt it was loaded with valuables. What was the most disturbing things wasn’t the guys but the people around the bus stop who saw everything going on and didn’t help me. They were busy minding their business as if they don’t care. If They were waiting for me to be stabbed before they called the police I don’t know.
I just acted like I had a knife with me under my trouser and made a move like I want to bring it out and they fled. Smartness/ street sense saved me that day.
My opinion is that life is more than emergency service, economy etc. Who will die will die, and who will live will live. Death is everywhere. Even your food can kill you.
A lady came here and worked illegally for about 10 years and fighting for papers and hussling hard. She got her papers in the 11th year and had cancer in the 12th year. She died 3 yrs after that. Someone may say if she was in Nigeria she wouldn’t have had a good medical care for the cancer. Well maybe if she had stayed back she wouldn’t have had cancer at all.

Man’s life is insignificant. We place so much thought trying to control our existence. All that doesn’t matter.

For me, What is important is that wherever you are be happy.

So what we all need is not to live abroad but to have money. Money can make a village a paradise.
So if it is to come here and make money it is ok.

sentra05:

Ladies and gentlemen, there is no right or wrong opinion when it comes to leaving Nigeria, we all see things differently. What is wrong is always using money as a yardstick for everyone who wants to leave the country. Not everyone sees being a millionaire as an achievement.

I used to be anti abroad those days. The way some of you criticize people wanting to relocate abroad is also what i do at that time. I remember when my brother first asked me to relocate, i remember asking him what he has achieved that i have not achieved while in Nigeria. I was a lucky chap, graduated and got a good job immediately and started making good money at young age. At mid 20s, i had my ride, bought lands and already building. To me at that time everything was money and i was making it.

However, as i started traveling out of the country on visit, Nigeria started annoying me because of her state. Yes,individually we have money than a lot of people abroad but then the country cannot measure up to those countries in all indices. Anyway, i was not still convinced of relocating abroad but one incident made my mentality change forever.

One faithful night around 12.15 am, my friend who was out of town on a business trip called me with his voice shaking. Reason; his pregnant wife is having serious issues and she needs to be taken to the hospital immediately. His wife is one of those women whose pregnancy is always full of complications and that is why her mother is always living with her during the period.

During this period, there was security issues in the area as we keep hearing gunshots every night, so the whole area was tensed. So when my friend needed my help take his wife to the hospital that night, i and my wife was scared to move out that night for fear of the unknown even though there were 4 ready cars (I had 2, my friend had 2 cars). As i got to his house ( we were neighbors separated by a fence), his wife was crying but scared to move out at that time.

In order to dodge going out at that time, i called a doctor i know to come and attend to her ( I thought i was sharp guy), the doctor said the best thing is to take her to the hospital and at that point,i had no choice than to drive her to the hospital as it was now a matter of life and death and i won't forgive myself if she dies, i had to take the risk.

Just before we are about to enter the car, she told us to wait, that she is getting some relief and that the pains are reducing. Lo and behold, 5 minutes after, she said she was okay and she didn't need to go again till morning. I guess the fear of those gunshots made her well by force. i told her to call her husband, my friend so that he will know it is his wife's decision. That was how i escaped going out that night.

When i was telling my cousin abroad what happened, he just downplayed the issue. He said " You should have just called 911 and they will send an ambulance and police if there is a security threat in your area in 5 minutes. You didn't need to carry someone who needs an emergency care in an ordinary car to the hospital, it is the job of an ambulance as they would be attending to her even before she gets to the hospital. In an emergency, one minute of medical care can make a difference. what if she dies on the road inside your car?"

At this point,it dawned on me that the money and cars we claim to have will have been useless in a very serious emergency situation. It was after this incident, i started making concrete plans to relocate until i did and i am enjoying life here even though i am not yet making the kind of money i was making in Nigeria but i know i will get there. See guys,i will take a working system and infrastructure over being a millionaire in a shithole, i am telling you from experience from both world.

5 Likes

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Evidenx(m): 9:21am On May 07, 2019
rawitools:
abeg make I help ur friend marry the lady then I go settle am small thing
haha...how much you want take settle am?
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 9:28am On May 07, 2019
[quote author=AngelicBeing post=78174185]Lol, ask those who are suggesting that you remain in Nigeria but live abroad to also relocate back home( the Nigeria that they claim to love so much) they like to visit, buy land, houses etc but they have PR, second passport etc, they are one leg in the shithole jungle and one leg on the next available flight with a confirmed ticket incase yawa gaz, but they will never want to permanently live in Nigeria but will be talking about patriotism and all those bulshit.

Home is not necessarily your country of origin or birth, that is my strong opinion anyday, leave trash for lawma, if you have the means to flee, do it in a legit manner, don't wait until Nigeria is 200 or 500 years to develop because you might not be alive to witness the Eldorado, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan and Libya, Kapish grin[/qcrazy.yea,I understand..... It is crazy
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On May 07, 2019
Evidenx:
haha...how much you want take settle am?
maybe 300k as per helper of destiny
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 07, 2019
Bybuk66133:

My guy look well make yahoo boys no use u shine oh
nop, this na legit matter. I did my research, they ain't fraud. Trust me!
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 07, 2019
Manweysabi:

No be only commitment fee

Bro, you're about to be scammed
Nope, it a legit company. I've done my research. They ain't fraudsters, trust me. Thanks!
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by abbatoir(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2019
casperuk:
I have heard of people stabbed in London, the emergency ambulance couldn’t save them. A lot of people die here even with all the facilities they cannot be save. In everything my brother, na God get power. Woe is he that put his trust in man says the bible.

I have been harassed one night @ about 11-12pm coming back from church in a place called catford. Two black guys wanted to collect my hand bag. They probably felt it was loaded with valuables. What was the most disturbing things wasn’t the guys but the people around the bus stop who saw everything going on and didn’t help me. They were busy minding their business as if they don’t care. If They were waiting for me to be stabbed before they called the police I don’t know.
I just acted like I had a knife with me under my trouser and made a move like I want to bring it out and they fled. Smartness/ street sense saved me that day.
My opinion is that life is more than emergency service, economy etc. Who will die will die, and who will live will live. Death is everywhere. Even your food can kill you.
A lady came here and worked illegally for about 10 years and fighting for papers and hussling hard. She got her papers in the 11th year and had cancer in the 12th year. She died 3 yrs after that. Someone may say if she was in Nigeria she wouldn’t have had a good medical care for the cancer. Well maybe if she had stayed back she wouldn’t have had cancer at all.

Man’s life is insignificant. We place so much thought trying to control our existence. All that doesn’t matter.

So what we all need is not to live abroad but to have money. Money can make a village a paradise.

Your level of reasoning is high.. Bravo!
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Evidenx(m): 7:43am On May 08, 2019
rawitools:
maybe 300k as per helper of destiny
lol..not bad. if only the white madam go agree for another person for free.
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50am On May 08, 2019
Evidenx:
lol..not bad. if only the white madam go agree for another person for free.
no be me go sponsor her trip?
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by sentra05: 2:59pm On May 08, 2019
casperuk:

Good thinking!Because emergency services did not save some people in London, then not having them in Nigeria is no big deal since anybody who will die will die. For your info, God has given man all it takes to make her world a better place so it is now left to man to use their brain. You downplay the role of working health care in the UK but the number 1 man in Nigeria, the president will disagree with you because they are the one keeping him alive today.
Your last paragraph is why Nigeria and a lot of other African countries are shithole. The only thing that ever matters to us as a people is money, money and more money. The leaders know this and this is why they loot and bring part of the money on election eve to share to the people and win election. Because they the know the people don't care about the good roads, the state of healthcare, the state of education, whether there is electricity or not etc. after all who will die will die and people die even in western world where there the systems are working.

With money in our pocket, we do not care about any other thing else. After all, if road no good,we buy SUV to drive over it, if light no dey, we buy big gen at least fuel still dey for filling station, if armed robber invade our house, we don't need to call 911, we just go on our knees and start praying to God, if hospitals are ill equipped, that one no be problem, we travel abroad to get treated and for those who can't afford it, it is not a problem after all who will die will die.

No wonder! i used to wonder why our leaders who travel abroad all the time cannot replicate what they see here in Nigeria but with this mentality it is now clear that they don't even value what they see. What this means is that our greatest impediment to progress is our mentality as a people as it is clear that a clear majority of the people including those who live abroad don't value good things but only value what comes into their pockets. This is to say that the state of Nigeria today is no big deal and it can remain like this till eternity as long as we are smiling to the bank. Bravo!Good thinking!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 6:43pm On May 08, 2019
sentra05:

Good thinking!Because emergency services did not save some people in London, then not having them in Nigeria is no big deal since anybody who will die will die. For your info, God has given man all it takes to make her world a better place so it is now left to man to use their brain. You downplay the role of working health care in the UK but the number 1 man in Nigeria, the president will disagree with you because they are the one keeping him alive today.
Your last paragraph is why Nigeria and a lot of other African countries are shithole. The only thing that ever matters to us as a people is money, money and more money. The leaders know this and this is why they loot and bring part of the money on election eve to share to the people and win election. Because they the know the people don't care about the good roads, the state of healthcare, the state of education, whether there is electricity or not etc. after all who will die will die and people die even in western world where there the systems are working.

With money in our pocket, we do not care about any other thing else. After all, if road no good,we buy SUV to drive over it, if light no dey, we buy big gen at least fuel still dey for filling station, if armed robber invade our house, we don't need to call 911, we just go on our knees and start praying to God, if hospitals are ill equipped, that one no be problem, we travel abroad to get treated and for those who can't afford it, it is not a problem after all who will die will die.

No wonder! i used to wonder why our leaders who travel abroad all the time cannot replicate what they see here in Nigeria but with this mentality it is now clear that they don't even value what they see. What this means is that our greatest impediment to progress is our mentality as a people as it is clear that a clear majority of the people including those who live abroad don't value good things but only value what comes into their pockets. This is to say that the state of Nigeria today is no big deal and it can remain like this till eternity as long as we are smiling to the bank. Bravo!Good thinking!
Gbam, they will soon call you unpatriotic for saying the truth and nothing but the truth, you talk about the UK keeping Buhari, not just Buhari, Babangida another criminal goes to Germany often for medical attention, Patience Jonathan was also flying abroad for medical attention when the husband was in power and the same applies to several politicians in Nigeria, but the masses are suffering and dying of hunger and starvation daily without adequate / good medical facilities across the country, patriotism my foot, nonsense cheesy

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On May 10, 2019
true2home:

So South Africa, Egypt, Rwanda and other African countries took over 200 years to provide the basic necessities of life?. Nigeria can't even do this yet you expect many to stay.
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2019
congi:
The depth of hopelessness is palpable. There is no indication things will change in the medium to long term. If you have the means and opportunity, please heed this advice for the sake of your children.
My brother and his wife were denied boarding a flight to Mauritius for a life-changing job interview on Tuesday because their PTA was not in cash but in card account. All effort to quickly get dollars at the airport was abortive ass the gate was closed before they arrived. The pregnant immigration officer, Blesssing, did not inform them until 15 minutes to closure. She had held them under the guise of confirming their hotel booking only to ask for their travel allowance in cash when the hotel responded. They lost that opportunity and over a million naira air ticket.
Will this country ever value her citizens?

Being a Nigerian in 2019 is now a big curse
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:24pm On May 10, 2019
thebosstrevor:
pls stop misusing the term High Networth Individual

to be a high net-worth individual means to have $1 million in liquid financial assets

most people traveling to find greener pastures abroad arent high net-worth rather working class

Based on your definition of high net worth individuals

There are SO MANY of them like that who have at least moved their family out of that hopeless third world failed $hithole country to other places to live

The rate of migration has increased exponentially
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2019
thebosstrevor:

if the children of my ex governors are living abroad that is their luck..they themselves know that they will be average citizens that is why many of them also run back to nigeria after facing discrimination and bias abroad..

number 1 there are no 200 million niggers in Nigeria..they have their own culture and know where they come from..they were not kidnapped or taken into slavery..so your nigger rhetoric doesn't make one sense..Nigeria is not a time bomb and cannever be one..the only problem with nigeria is its people nothing more..a country developed only when its citizens finds solution to problems..that is how other cultures developed.

secondly, oil is still a major source of income for many oil producing countries that is why they formed a very strong catel called opec and also oil is still the means to power machinery all over the world..do you think solar energy can power factories..lol..oil will still be very useful in the next 40 years..what we should be talking about is taking advantage of our cheap labours so that international brands that wanna cut cost can outsource some of their manufacturing to us just like what they do in Bangladesh, china, Vietnam and other Asian countries.

high birth rate doesn't necessarily affect any development..what matters most is proper planning..china and India has proven that having a high birth rate can make you a superpower and a big market.

Your last paragraph has shown that you don't know what you are saying undecided

High birth rate is dangerous
And China had to put a cap on it to save themselves
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:32pm On May 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Lol!...Plenty!...Here are some of them:

Endless Corruption

Little to no enforcement of paying Taxes

Endless Nepotism to achieve things

Ability to make fast money

The opportunities for self-centered people to enjoy amenities that an average Nigeria citizen can only dream of...and the list goes on.

You have said it all
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:36pm On May 10, 2019
sentra05:

You have said it all
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:37pm On May 10, 2019
Bede2u:
all i read here are gross misinformation. U dont know anyone of them who faced bias and ran back do u? They visit. I visit too. Nigeria is sweet when u have ur visa and flight ticket ready.

2nd niggers are blacks...whether taken into slavery or not. We developed late and that affects us. That is why the poorest countries are black majority countries despite huge resources. Knowing where u come from means nothing. Most african americans live better lives and have better opportunities than the so called africans with roots living in africa. U say nigeria's problem is the people? Wat do u think i was talking about! Go to gabon and see beautiful country with beautiful people.

Even if oil remains relevant till next 1000 years the fact is that nigeria's reserve will finish in the next 30 years given current mining rate. Wat do u plan to depend on after? We are having our best years and we are not utilising it well. Our children will really curse us when they read that nigeria once had oil

India and china dont have high birth rate. They have high population...not the same thing.
We are growing faster than our economy...china and india economy are growing faster than their population and its even bad for china they had to stop their one child policy.

We are in deep poo bro...realising it is the 1st step to doing something radical to stop our problems getting worse

Help me tell him o
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:40pm On May 10, 2019
PatryG:
The problem with us to start with is that we are sincerely devoid of creativity and believability. We only see the wrong side of things. Business people who are millionaires and billionaires in US go to China to manufacture their designed products and bring it back to states to assemble
Most of us who have made some success abroad want to go back to Nigeria to become Senator, Rep or Governor. We don't want to think about investment opportunities with our newfound success.

You have said it all
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:42pm On May 10, 2019
[quote author=AngelicBeing post=78174185]Lol, ask those who are suggesting that you remain in Nigeria but live abroad to also relocate back home( the Nigeria that they claim to love so much) they like to visit, buy land, houses etc but they have PR, second passport etc, they are one leg in the shithole jungle and one leg on the next available flight with a confirmed ticket incase yawa gaz, but they will never want to permanently live in Nigeria but will be talking about patriotism and all those bulshit.

Home is not necessarily your country of origin or birth, that is my strong opinion anyday, leave trash for lawma, if you have the means to flee, do it in a legit manner, don't wait until Nigeria is 200 or 500 years to develop because you might not be alive to witness the Eldorado, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan and Libya, Kapish grin[/quote

Yesso]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bus Rams Into A Bush On Enugu Road, Somersaults 3 Times, Many Injured (Graphic) / Daniel Henry, A Nigerian, Dies In Mumbai India (photo) / Husband And Wife Survive Multiple Car Accident In Ikeja, Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.