Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep (23139 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by thebigkendo(m): 12:35pm On May 24, 2019
Readonee35L:

Onboard Mpg is not always accurate infact terrible based on my experience.

This is a 2009 1.8l corolla averaging 10.9 mpg based on the onboard calculator .
Even though it has no thermos and fans running direct it's not as bad as 10.9mpg

Preach!!!!
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:47pm On May 24, 2019
Readonee35L:

Onboard Mpg is not always accurate infact terrible based on my experience.

This is a 2009 1.8l corolla averaging 10.9 mpg based on the onboard calculator .
Even though it has no thermos and fans running direct it's not as bad as 10.9mpg

Mine is pretty accurate. 1 - 2mpg difference, maximum.
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 8:05pm On May 24, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Mine is pretty accurate. 1 - 2mpg difference, maximum.
Stop disturbing us with this your infernal Nissan

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:37pm On May 24, 2019
CityNGR:

Stop disturbing us with this your infernal Nissan

This is my thread, you dimwit.

8 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 9:40pm On May 24, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

This is my thread, you dimwit.
Calling someone your surname...

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by sultaan(m): 11:59pm On May 24, 2019
Inception:

Now this is giving me a serious consideration from getting a 2013 avalon!
Damn!

A Toyota Avalon is what you buy with your first social security check.

2 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 9:53am On May 25, 2019
only here will someone buy some American scrap and be opening thread from Boston

lemme cum an be going....wasted Nissan from Boston cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:59am On May 25, 2019
All of this noise from a 1995 Benz without a proper OBD port. grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:15am On May 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

kabiyesi must hear this!

4 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:16am On May 25, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

kabiyesi must hear this!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by Nobody: 11:16am On May 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 12:07pm On May 25, 2019
This car is a death trap with the random stalling at slow speeds. If you get one of the many lemons like I did, then this will be a problem you either chase or decide to take your losses and trade away.

Love the performance of this car. Very fast and great styling. Just coming from a Lexus ES330, this was a very sporty car that is fun to drive. I bought the car used from a coworker and he showed me where the transmission had to be replaced by warranty from the dealer at 64k because it would not go in reverse one morning, so i felt like I got a new transmission. I bought it at 66k and overall it's a fun car when it doesn't stall constantly. They've cleaned the throttle body and this doesn't seem to fix it. it is stalling pretty much daily. There are no codes thrown so of course the dealer warranty cannot duplicate it. The interior is so cheap too. Coming from Lexus I thought Infiniti was similar but this is so not true. Cheap leather looking seats that are about to crack, arm rest is cheap plastic that is already cracking, door trim and steering wheel trim has black paint the peels off. Rubber trim on outside of window is cracking and flaking off.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 12:09pm On May 25, 2019
Nissan owners Honda owners should scamper to hiding whenever Mercedes Benz owners come on board....

5 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2019
Imagine being this pained. grin

Your salty tears are delicious to me, your wails music to me ears.

Please, please, cry some more. And if you ever meet me on the highway, maintain your natural position: in my rear view mirror.

10 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:37pm On May 25, 2019
Only God...can save you. You dunno what's going on. You will be fine eventuari. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 1:03pm On May 25, 2019
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by Inception(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

shocked

So the OBD port is 'cut and nail'?

2 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by Inception(m): 3:10pm On May 25, 2019
sultaan:

A Toyota Avalon is what you buy with your first social security check.
words on marble sir...
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by Philadelphia: 5:56pm On May 25, 2019
CityNGR:
This car is a death trap with the random stalling at slow speeds. If you get one of the many lemons like I did, then this will be a problem you either chase or decide to take your losses and trade away.

Love the performance of this car. Very fast and great styling. Just coming from a Lexus ES330, this was a very sporty car that is fun to drive. I bought the car used from a coworker and he showed me where the transmission had to be replaced by warranty from the dealer at 64k because it would not go in reverse one morning, so i felt like I got a new transmission. I bought it at 66k and overall it's a fun car when it doesn't stall constantly. They've cleaned the throttle body and this doesn't seem to fix it. it is stalling pretty much daily. There are no codes thrown so of course the dealer warranty cannot duplicate it. The interior is so cheap too. Coming from Lexus I thought Infiniti was similar but this is so not true. Cheap leather looking seats that are about to crack, arm rest is cheap plastic that is already cracking, door trim and steering wheel trim has black paint the peels off. Rubber trim on outside of window is cracking and flaking off.

Stop being biased.
I never liked infiniti nor Nissan but I tell you the 2008 infiniti has one of the best consumer reviews reviews. It rates better than any Mercedes you know.
Some sites give it 4.9/5. Some, 4.7/ five.
I bet where you cropped that picture from, that was just 1 out of 100 cases.
Now, if you say the car is that terrible, send us the link so we'd see the other reviews.
This act of yours makes it difficult for other people to make decisions on a car to buy.
If you have a beef with heavenlybang, settle it squarely with him as a man (that's if you are one) or a woman (if you're one). Don't take it on the car he's driving.
If other consumers took their beefs on their opponent's car, we won't get honest reviews.

4 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 6:02pm On May 25, 2019
Honest owner review
Heavenlyban now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:43pm On May 25, 2019
Philadelphia:

Stop being biased.
I never liked infiniti nor Nissan but I tell you the 2008 infiniti has one of the best consumer reviews reviews. It rates better than any Mercedes you know.
Some sites give it 4.9/5. Some, 4.7/ five.
I bet where you cropped that picture from, that was just 1 out of 100 cases.
Now, if you say the car is that terrible, send us the link so we'd see the other reviews.
This act of yours makes it difficult for other people to make decisions on a car to buy.
If you have a beef with heavenlybang, settle it squarely with him as a man (that's if you are one) or a woman (if you're one). Don't take it on the car he's driving.
If other consumers took their beefs on their opponent's car, we won't get honest reviews.
Remember when you were in school? Higher institution? Remember how many curses you placed on your lecturers?

That guy is a lecturer. Na curse wey dem curse am make am dey misbehave like this, just ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by thebigkendo(m): 7:03pm On May 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Remember when you were in school? Higher institution? Remember how many curses you placed on your lecturers?

That guy is a lecturer. Na curse wey dem curse am make am dey misbehave like this, just ignore him.

You are a Cyber bully angry angry

4 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2019
thebigkendo:

You are a Cyber bully angry angry

grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 7:46pm On May 25, 2019
Very soon you'll give me a medical consultant job...now that you have allocated lecturer's job to me...

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 7:48pm On May 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You'll definitely know a lot about curses.... Stems from your family background.. kindly keep it there...

3 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by thebigkendo(m): 9:03pm On May 25, 2019
CityNGR:

You'll definitely know a lot about curses.... Stems from your family background.. kindly keep it there...

Cyberbully angry angry

4 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by CityNGR: 9:11pm On May 25, 2019
thebigkendo:

Cyberbully angry angry
Temptations.... But that was a summer slam.. playing with his pecker

3 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by diportivo: 9:41pm On May 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Imagine being this pained. grin

Your salty tears are delicious to me, your wails music to me ears.

Please, please, cry some more. And if you ever meet me on the highway, maintain your natural position: in my rear view mirror.

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:46am On May 27, 2019
thebigkendo:

Cyberbully angry angry
class captain, please write his name twice because dem go flog tire
grin grin

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by Arebdoullah(m): 7:12am On May 28, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Finding Someone to Help Me With the Process
Since I Wasn't looking to get scammed or toyed with, I had to find someone who'd help me with the purchase. Country hard, and money is even harder to make. angry If person by mistake scam me, I fit just die. grin

Did some research on Nairaland. Na we be VIN police, we sabi people wey their head fit touch.
Bro, did u do the repairs (headlights and Bumper) Here in 9ja?

Hit up the first guy. Not going to name drop them for obvious reasons. Their charges were fair but they didn't have much in the way of social proof. More importantly, though, their response time was very much lacking. In matters like this, it's important you find someone who responds on time. Someone who doesn't respond appropriately is likely to start being a pain as the transaction goes deeper, and may very well start acting like they're doing you a favor.

I found the right guy.
Cc: DelTel

Hit him up, did a background check, no misdeamenours on Autos and Cartalk, very straightforward by all indications. Perfect.

Asked him for charges, etc. He was plain about everything. Paid the deposit, and we set out to buy a car.

Buying the Car
Buying the car was by far the most stressful part of the process. We picked out about eight different listings on Copart, and sorted them by priority.

The problem with auctions is that most times, some of the cars picked were on live auction at the same, which left us in quite the bind. You see, if you bid and win, you have to pay up. So, bidding on two cars at the same time is a bad idea, because...what if you win both. We had to further prioritize cars.

Three days later, we'd gone through six of the cars and had nothing to show for it.

We turned to IAA.

Won a bid.

A few hours later, bid was deemed as inadequate and relisted with a Buy Now option. I chose to bid on another car on Copart and see if it went through. We lost the Copart bid, and by the time we tried using the Buy Now option for the IAA one, someone else already had it. From Nigeria, too.

Bloody hell.

Anyways, we won the last car that we shortlisted. Damage to the rear bumper and lights only. Paid for it, trucked, and shipped.

I'd have preferred a RWD model, to be honest. AWD is heavier, more complicated, and worse on fuel economy. On the other hand, it's better for safety. Oh well. I go use am like that

Ran a free VIN check by myself before purchase to ensure I wasn't getting anything with a horrid history. After purchase, I ran a check with CarGuidNG. Report was delivered on time and had all the necessary information.

Here are some screenshots of my conversations with DelTel.
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by asamwababy: 7:58am On May 28, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Ehnnn

So you mean this guy has never driven a modern car and has been dishing advice based on the usage of a 23years old car.

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:15am On May 28, 2019
asamwababy:

Ehnnn

So you mean this guy has never driven a modern car and has been dishing advice based on the usage of a 23years old car.

Correct. Pretty hilarious when you think of it. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

9 Amazing Cars From The Mercedes-benz Museum In Stuttgart, Germany / My Lexus RX 300 Is Consuming Lots Of Fuel, I Need Help,forum!!! / 4 Burnt To Death In Early Morning Accident In Katsina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.