Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos (4176 Views)

Tinubu's Daughter Changes Twitter Bio To "The Iyaloja General Of Nigeria" / Reno Omokri: Tinubu's Lagos Walk Makes Obidient Rallies Look Like Child’s Play / Peter Obi’s Lagos Rally Vs Tinubu’s Lagos Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 3:07pm On May 03, 2019
The 1999 Constitution and the Iyaloja of Tinubu's Lagos

While the Asians and Caucasians think strategically, the West African is almost always emotional.
There has been an uproar with the intention of the Tinubus to appoint an Iyaloja for the Computer Village in Lagos...and probably other modern business entities. Some claim it is anti-business, anti-Igbo or anti-democracy. Whatever!
But would they have broken any law in the real sense? Hell, no!

For the avoidance of doubts, the Iyaloja is a title for the Traditional African Market where the officer presides over the affairs of the Traditional Market. She is a titled Chief and a representative of the Oba or King. She collects the taxes and pays to the coffers of the Town, adjudicates over market disputes and ensures sanity. It is a part and parcel of the Yoruba Culture.
In the 1999 Constitution, the Traditional Markets are in the Residual List and under the Local Government Councils. The Local Government Council appoints a Government Liaison Officer to manage the traditional markets, and that individual, in local Yoruba parlance, is called an Iyaloja!!!

The argument thus ought to be:

1. Is the Computer Village a traditional market?
2. Is it under the purview of the local government?
3. Should the Iyaloja be democratically elected or appointed by the local government council or Tinubu or his daughter or the state government?

If the Computer Village could come under the purview of the Iyaloja, so should the Apapa Ports or the Lagos Stock Exchange or the Lagos International Airport! They're all MARKETS!!!

So rather than us to engage in emotional outbursts, we may choose to fundamentally look at the issue. For all intent and purposes, the Tinubus have committed no offense in their bid to install Iyalojas; they see a lacuna in the Constitution and they exploit it! That's no crime!
Yes, non-Yorubas may dominate the Computer Village, but it is located within Lagos, isn't it? The Law might be an ass but until it is changed, it is the Law! And the Ikeja Local Government would have jurisdiction over it! If you do business in Lagos, you must abide by the rules, regulations, whims and Caprices of the government and traditions of Lagos. If you don't like it, do the following:

1. Relocate from Lagos
2. Change the Constitution.

Yes, the process or the intent might be questionable but would they have broken any laws? NO!!!
The problem is not even Tinubu; the culprit is a moronic Constitution that's intent on destroying us all. Two things:

1. Challenge the process in court (it's 50: 50 if the judge be decent)
2. Get involved in the process and have the Iyaloja selected on a democratic basis as bonafide residents of Lagos
3. Lobby the Local Government Council and politic!
But to vilify it and call it names when no laws have been broken is scandalous! Worst case, relocate the Computer Village to a place without Iyaloja...like Owerri

Let's change the damned Constitution and not exactly quarrel with those that exploit it. If I were in a position of power, with such an idiotic Constitution, and people refuse to have it changed, I would be a combination of Tinubu and Buhari in spite of myself!
That Constitution is a load of crap!

Now, ponder all these, be less emotional and be more strategic and #thinkAgain.

2 Likes

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 3:28pm On May 03, 2019
info...

....pick a gun and fight tinubus, start a bloody revolution right there in lagos, burn lagos down, yes you can.
man dies but once and death brings absolute instant calmness. stop complaining, my people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by chriskosherbal(m): 3:29pm On May 03, 2019
Don't think this thing is dying down anytime soon.
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Is04970: 3:32pm On May 03, 2019
Dumb post.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 3:51pm On May 03, 2019
Is04970:
Dumb post.

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 4:02pm On May 03, 2019
chriskosherbal:

It's high time to send to Lagos the Demon Commandos, only them can solve that problem once and for all....
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by kafulka(m): 4:09pm On May 03, 2019
A larg percentage of people from that region survives on tuggry and hooliganism

When you are not entrepreneurial you becomes a leech

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by seunmsg(m): 4:14pm On May 03, 2019
kafulka:
A larg percentage of people from that region survives on tuggry and hooliganism

When you are not entrepreneurial you becomes a leech

And lots of you can’t survuve without relocating to the region of these leeches. Why can’t ingrates like you use your entrepreneurial skills to develop your region and let the leeches be? Why? This disrespect is really getting too much! angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by luvmijeje(f): 4:34pm On May 03, 2019
I've once managed a shop at Tejuosho market, so I've had direct experience on the politics that takes place in a market.

The Iyaolaja of a market is appointed but I discovered that they don't work alone and cannot take decision without the representatives of each section that makes up a market. And I discovered that the representatives of those sections are not necessarily Yorubas and they are selected by the members of each section. Let me break it down.

In Tejuosho, there are the art and craft section and the gold sellers section.... this section is dominated by the Northerners. We have the cotton sellers, the rug sellers and the clothsellers..... The section is dominated by the Igbos. There is no how a Yoruba person will be chosen as their representative in the council of the Iyaolaja.

But what I observe is that the Igbos have issue with it a Yoruba leading the market. They want to lead themselves. And that's my issue with them. In doing that, they are being disrespectful to the norms, tradition and value of the people. They can't blend into their environment. They want to change the laws and tradition of other people because they are majority. That's unfair.

8 Likes

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by kafulka(m): 4:39pm On May 03, 2019
seunmsg:

And lots of you can’t survuve without relocating to the region of these leeches. Why can’t ingrates like you use your entrepreneurial skills to develop your region and let the leeches be? Why? This disrespect is really getting too much! angry

So stating the obvious fact has now become disrespectful from your judgment

Mind you, I don't even do an business in the shiithole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 6:45pm On May 03, 2019
[s]
luvmijeje:
I've once managed a shop at Tejuosho market, so I've had direct experience on the politics that takes place in a market.

The Iyaolaja of a market is appointed but I discovered that they don't work alone and cannot take decision without the representatives of each section that makes up a market. And I discovered that the representatives of those sections are not necessarily Yorubas and they are selected by the members of each section. Let me break it down.

In Tejuosho, there are the art and craft section and the gold sellers section.... this section is dominated by the Northerners. We have the cotton sellers, the rug sellers and the clothsellers..... The section is dominated by the Igbos. There is no how a Yoruba person will be chosen as their representative in the council of the Iyaolaja.

But what I observe is that the Igbos have issue with it a Yoruba leading the market. They want to lead themselves. And that's my issue with them. In doing that, they are being disrespectful to the norms, tradition and value of the people. They can't blend into their environment. They want to change the laws and tradition of other people because they are majority. T .
[/s]

fight for yoruba nation...there you can decide what you want.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Basic123: 8:19pm On May 03, 2019
Those stupid pigs will not concentrate on making sure ikpeazu pay their 28 months salaries grin

1 Like

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by rummmy: 5:00am On May 04, 2019
Basic123:
Those stupid pigs will not concentrate on making sure ikpeazu pay their 28 months salaries grin
demons from wastes side, take your advice to osun state.... Stupid ewedu consumption witch

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by ablelin: 5:17am On May 04, 2019
Just see and imagine how tribalism has eaten up the whole country. An average igbo man can no longer trust a yoruba man and vice versa. everything has become competition. But I don't think it used to be like this some years back. What really happened, where did it go wrong, was the 2015 election the harbinger of this particular malaise in the society of the black nation, Nigeria is leaking, a time bomb on steroids, let us part ways if that is the best....

Do you want to learn about skills and strategies in business or academics, or you want to learn from the likes of Lee Yuan Kew, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Thomas Sankara, you need counseling and guidance to success in life, or you want to take an introvert or IQ test, then visit here

1 Like

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by MetaPhysical: 5:24am On May 04, 2019
teufelein:
info...

....pick a gun and fight tinubus, start a bloody revolution right there in lagos, burn lagos down, yes you can.
man dies but once and death brings absolute instant calmness. stop complaining, my people.

If Eleko tell you to go into the Lagoon now you will say he hates you. See wetin you write asking people to do. Haba!

5 Likes

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by MetaPhysical: 5:25am On May 04, 2019
chriskosherbal:

It should not die down until resolved.

I dont see any wrong doing on Iyaloja's part.
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by capitalzero: 5:35am On May 04, 2019
teufelein:

While the Asians and Caucasians think strategically, the West African is almost always emotional.
There has been an uproar with the intention of the Tinubus to appoint an Iyaloja for the Computer Village in Lagos...and probably other modern business entities. Some claim it is anti-business, anti-Igbo or anti-democracy. Whatever!
But would they have broken any law in the real sense? Hell, no!

For the avoidance of doubts, the Iyaloja is a title for the Traditional African Market where the officer presides over the affairs of the Traditional Market. She is a titled Chief and a representative of the Oba or King. She collects the taxes and pays to the coffers of the Town, adjudicates over market disputes and ensures sanity. It is a part and parcel of the Yoruba Culture.
In the 1999 Constitution, the Traditional Markets are in the Residual List and under the Local Government Councils. The Local Government Council appoints a Government Liaison Officer to manage the traditional markets, and that individual, in local Yoruba parlance, is called an Iyaloja!!!

The argument thus ought to be:

1. Is the Computer Village a traditional market?
2. Is it under the purview of the local government?
3. Should the Iyaloja be democratically elected or appointed by the local government council or Tinubu or his daughter or the state government?

If the Computer Village could come under the purview of the Iyaloja, so should the Apapa Ports or the Lagos Stock Exchange or the Lagos International Airport! They're all MARKETS!!!

So rather than us to engage in emotional outbursts, we may choose to fundamentally look at the issue. For all intent and purposes, the Tinubus have committed no offense in their bid to install Iyalojas; they see a lacuna in the Constitution and they exploit it! That's no crime!
Yes, non-Yorubas may dominate the Computer Village, but it is located within Lagos, isn't it? The Law might be an ass but until it is changed, it is the Law! And the Ikeja Local Government would have jurisdiction over it! If you do business in Lagos, you must abide by the rules, regulations, whims and Caprices of the government and traditions of Lagos. If you don't like it, do the following:

1. Relocate from Lagos
2. Change the Constitution.

Yes, the process or the intent might be questionable but would they have broken any laws? NO!!!
The problem is not even Tinubu; the culprit is a moronic Constitution that's intent on destroying us all. Two things:

1. Challenge the process in court (it's 50: 50 if the judge be decent)
2. Get involved in the process and have the Iyaloja selected on a democratic basis as bonafide residents of Lagos
3. Lobby the Local Government Council and politic!
But to vilify it and call it names when no laws have been broken is scandalous! Worst case, relocate the Computer Village to a place without Iyaloja...like Owerri

Let's change the damned Constitution and not exactly quarrel with those that exploit it. If I were in a position of power, with such an idiotic Constitution, and people refuse to have it changed, I would be a combination of Tinubu and Buhari in spite of myself!
That Constitution is a load of crap!

Now, ponder all these, be less emotional and be more strategic and #thinkAgain.

dumb post. oba or Baale of a domain install babaloja or iyaloja of markets only in his domain. it is only olu of ikeja that has right to install iyaloja in computer village. beside, domain of oba akinolu is eko not all parts of lagos state. therefore, oba akinolu or his iyaloja cannot install iyaloja in any parts of lagos that are not their domains. madam, there is nothing like iyaloja of lagos state or iyaloja of nigeria in yoruba norms and traditions. in lagos, tinubu family is above the law and people are seeing it as normal.
well, God dey.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 5:39am On May 04, 2019
johnmood:
this woman na the iyaloja of nigeria

Tinubu and his family clans have simply exploited existing loopholes to their own advantage and to the detriment of everybody else. What we need now is how to challenge the status quo, find a means to destroy the clans

1 Like

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by MetaPhysical: 6:04am On May 04, 2019
capitalzero:

dumb post. oba or Baale of a domain install babaloja or iyaloja of markets only in his domain. it is only olu of ikeja that has right to install iyaloja in computer village. beside, domain of oba akinolu is eko not all parts of lagos state. therefore, oba akinolu or his iyaloja cannot install iyaloja in any parts of lagos that are not their domains. madam, there is nothing like iyaloja of lagos state or iyaloja of nigeria in yoruba norms and traditions. in lagos, tinubu family is above the law and people are seeing it as normal.
well, God dey.

Tinubu is only there because she was invited to intervene. Iyaloja and Babaloja now report to LG Chairmen but they sit in Oba Council. You cannot bring all the Iyalojas to sit in council therefore there is Head-Iyaloja (Tinubu) that goes to council, but individual markets are presided over by respective appointees from the LG that oversees the market. So it works different than the way you outlined.

Also, markets in Lagos have always been very important. Next to the King, market is the next ranked priority. In fact, market in Yorubaland is more than a stall to sell and buy, it is an institution! It is a landmark also! The Lebanese (who Yoruba call Korea) have been in trade in Lagos far longer than Ibos. Ereko, Martins, Balogun, Idumota, Tinubu, Bristol, and so on....they dominated these parts. Till today their investments and properties still thrive in Lagos and they have never questioned or complain about Iyaloja that oversee their markets. So who is Ibo in Lagos?

Markets are so crucial as the backbone of Lagos that after Kosoko returned from exile in Epe the Governor built him a Palace and Oba Akintoye conferred on him Oloja of Ereko....which expanded to become Oloja of Lagos. The original Lagos port was where BRT buses stop now at Marina and used to be call Quay side. Customs clearing was done there before they relocated across the Lagoon to Apapa. There is a street adjacent to it and called Market Street. Im not sure if you are aware, the colonials saw Lagos Ports back in 1860s and early 1900s the way we see Lagos Ports today.....IGR cash cow! So Oja and politics go hand in hand in Lagos, before oyinbo came, while they were here and now that we rule it. You cannot separate market and politics in Lagos, and the politics of Lagos must remain intact in Yoruba hand. We will not share our administrative politics and we will not share our market politics.

The Lebanaese have been here hundreds of years and never complained about Iyaloja. Obalende and Idi Araba have markets and their heads are Yorubas. The Hausas dont complain. Ibo must comply with directives from Iyaloja and bring itself under regulation or we will vacate your shops and reallocate them. We are tired of you snubbing your noses at our culture and forming parallel organizations anywhere Yoruba is head. We will deal with you and there is nothing anyone anywhere in the world can do to save you. It will be too late if we take action against you...a severe action!

5 Likes

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by lx3as(m): 6:29am On May 04, 2019
So using Yoruba's 'Babaloja' instead of 'chairman' is your own major problem; the one picked is one of the marketers there. There is no market without leadership in the East. Must we use English words for Babaloja, Iyaloja?

Market is part of Yoruba Tradition which you cannot change. Most markets are under the kings and local government jurisdiction; each LGA can decide what they want not you. If you're not comfortable with this tradition just relocate your markets or selling to the East or your village where there may be no market leadership.

2 Likes

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by capitalzero: 6:35am On May 04, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Tinubu is only there because she was invited to intervene. Iyaloja and Babaloja now report to LG Chairmen but they sit in Oba Council. You cannot bring all the Iyalojas to sit in council therefore there is Head-Iyaloja (Tinubu) that goes to council, but individual markets are presided over by respective appointees from the LG that oversees the market. So it works different than the way you outlined.

Also, markets in Lagos have always been very important. Next to the King, market is the next ranked priority. In fact, market in Yorubaland is more than a stall to sell and buy, it is an institution! It is a landmark also! The Lebanese (who Yoruba call Korea) have been in trade in Lagos far longer than Ibos. Ereko, Martins, Balogun, Idumota, Tinubu, Bristol, and so on....they dominated these parts. Till today their investments and properties still thrive in Lagos and they have never questioned or complain about Iyaloja that oversee their markets. So who is Ibo in Lagos?

Markets are so crucial as the backbone of Lagos that after Kosoko returned from exile in Epe the Governor built him a Palace and Oba Akintoye conferred on him Oloja of Ereko....which expanded to become Oloja of Lagos. The original Lagos port was where BRT buses stop now at Marina and used to be call Quay side. Customs clearing was done there before they relocated across the Lagoon to Apapa. There is a street adjacent to it and called Market Street. Im not sure if you are aware, the colonials saw Lagos Ports back in 1860s and early 1900s the way we see Lagos Ports today.....IGR cash cow! So Oja and politics go hand in hand in Lagos, before oyinbo came, while they were here and now that we rule it. You cannot separate market and politics in Lagos, and the politics of Lagos must remain intact in Yoruba hand. We will not share our administrative politics and we will not share our market politics.

The Lebanaese have been here hundreds of years and never complained about Iyaloja. Obalende and Idi Araba have markets and their heads are Yorubas. The Hausas dont complain. Ibo must comply with directives from Iyaloja and bring itself under regulation or we will vacate your shops and reallocate them. We are tired of you snubbing your noses at our culture and forming parallel organizations anywhere Yoruba is head. We will deal with you and there is nothing anyone anywhere in the world can do to save you. It will be too late if we take action against you...a severe action!

is lagos a local govt? is ikeja part of lagos island? is folashade ojo-tinubu iyaloja of lagos island or lagos state?
are Lebaneses an indigenous people in Nigeria?
which is supreme constitution or yoruba tradition?
you see my friend. I am a core yoruba man but I hate injustice and man-made culture that is not consistent with modern reality. can you tell me who is iyaloja of shoprite ? is shoprite not a market? in African history, traditional titles are created to collect royalties,levies or taxes from subjects in a domain being by a king or high chief. now in modern era, some still want to be collecting free money from traders through outdated traditions while still paying taxes and levies to government.
tinubu-ojo cannot control markets in all parts of lagos just as iyaloja of ife cannot control markets in ede or osogbo.
which state are you from?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Mace0lane: 6:37am On May 04, 2019
Woe betide the entire Igbo tribe if it dare such n that’s coming from someone who isn’t a fan of Tinubu.

teufelein:
info...

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Mace0lane: 6:43am On May 04, 2019
Even within the shithole your father can’t tell any Yoruba what we want or are entitled to talkless of taking what belongs to the Yorubas.

Only your father want freedom from the shithole n only your tribesmen must die in droves to achieve your aim. Tell your father to stop telling Yorubas to come die for what your coward of tribe desire.

Yoruba will not fight or die for Igbo independence.
Even Soyinka learnt his lesson.

teufelein:
[s][/s]

fight for yoruba nation...there you can decide what you want.

2 Likes

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 6:47am On May 04, 2019
Mace0lane:
Woe betide the entire Igbo tribe if it dare such n that’s coming from someone who isn’t a fan of Tinubu.

our matters can only be solved through barrels of guns, mother of all wars,methinks.
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by MetaPhysical: 6:50am On May 04, 2019
capitalzero:

is lagos a local govt? is ikeja part of lagos island? is folashade ojo-tinubu iyaloja of lagos island or lagos state?
are Lebaneses an indigenous people in Nigeria?
which is supreme constitution or yoruba tradition?
you see my friend. I am a core yoruba man but I hate injustice and man-made culture that is not consistent with modern reality. can you tell me who is iyaloja of shoprite ? is shoprite not a market? in African history, traditional titles are created to collect royalties,levies or taxes from subjects in a domain being by a king or high chief. now in modern era, some still want to be collecting free money from traders through outdated traditions while still paying taxes and levies to government.
tinubu-ojo cannot control markets in all parts of lagos just as iyaloja of ife cannot control markets in ede or osogbo.
which state are you from?

Lagos State as a whole is a business district....an economic and commercial zone. It has an Administrative and it has a Market Institution. The Market is whole and underneath you have sub-markets. Akiolu's domain is Lagos Island but Administratively he is the head of Oba in Council in Lagos. Similarly each LG has its markets but Tinubu is head of all Iyalojas in Lagos. What part of that is hard for you to comprehend?

Lagos Markets is not about being Nigerian, it is about being Yoruba because it is culture. Moreover, if you read and understood the part of 1999 Constituion quoted in beginning of thread....Market is the prerogative of local authority and it is not covered under constituion or citizenship.

You call yourself Yoruba but I question your background as a Yoruba man. You do not have rooted knowledge of urbanism and social institutions in Yoruba culture. Your pretensions on this discussion already exposed you.

1 Like

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Shikini: 7:07am On May 04, 2019
OP, you made so much sense but this Tinubu and his "fanta for face, Coca Cola for leg"
daughter are too greedy.

I sympathize with ignorant tribal jingoists who out of hatred for Ibos are jumping to take sides with the Tinubus.

See, the Ibo traders whom they hate have nothing to lose - absolutely nothing ! .... because at the end of the day,
the heavy taxation paid to Tinubu's family falls back on Lagosians in the form of higher prices.

A 50K phone will be sold at 70k since Tinubu's extortion have to be recouped.
Las Las it's Lagosians that lose!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:23am On May 04, 2019
teufelein:

Isn't it funny how everyone especially the zombies now see Lagos as Tinubu's Lagos where we have a constituted and elected governor

This itself is very erroneous

A controversial matter of this magnitude, and all we are hearing is TINUBU this Tinubu that undecided is Tinubu now the governor of Lagos State Where is Ambode What is he doing to resolve this issue

I know a wise word that says NIGERIA is multicultural, multi-ethnical and we are one! So it says for the sake of unity we should live in PEACE so anything that can cause unnecessary dispute or violence should be avoided completely!

Is Iyaoloja the rightful person to collect tax

The world is so advanced undecided to settle a dispute even in Lagos, we have a mini court like in most local governments that sees to this matter

Are you not duplicating duties

What is the need for Iyaloja and babaloja for Christ sakes we are in the 21 century people undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by capitalzero: 8:42am On May 04, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Lagos State as a whole is a business district....an economic and commercial zone. It has an Administrative and it has a Market Institution. The Market is whole and underneath you have sub-markets. Akiolu's domain is Lagos Island but Administratively he is the head of Oba in Council in Lagos. Similarly each LG has its markets but Tinubu is head of all Iyalojas in Lagos. What part of that is hard for you to comprehend?

Lagos Markets is not about being Nigerian, it is about being Yoruba because it is culture. Moreover, if you read and understood the part of 1999 Constituion quoted in beginning of thread....Market is the prerogative of local authority and it is not covered under constituion or citizenship.

You call yourself Yoruba but I question your background as a Yoruba man. You do not have rooted knowledge of urbanism and social institutions in Yoruba culture. Your pretensions on this discussion already exposed you.

you still could not understand. Ooni is chairman of council of obas in osun state. does ooni or his iyaloja has power over any markets or iyaloja in ilesa or iragbiji or obamoro or iwo.not possible. do we have associations of markets or iyalojas in osun state? yes. do chairperson of that association has power to control markets or install iyaloja in markets outside her domain? answer no. granted, tinubu is head of association of iyalojas in lagos but she does not have traditional powers over all markets or authority to install iyaloja for any market. it is only oba ikeja i.e olu of ikeja that has such powers over c any markets in lagos. all yorubas are not fool to follow tinubu and his family stupidly. can u please answer me, who is iyaloja of shoprite which is also located in ikeja? you cannot hate racism and be promoting tribalism for whatever reasons. that is mother fucking hypocrisy in falz voice?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by capitalzero: 8:46am On May 04, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Isn't it funny how everyone especially the zombies now see Lagos as Tinubu's Lagos where we have a constituted and elected governor

This itself is very erroneous

A controversial matter of this magnitude, and all we are hearing is TINUBU this Tinubu that undecided is Tinubu now the governor of Lagos State Where is Ambode What is he doing to resolve this issue

I know a wise word that says NIGERIA is multicultural, multi-ethnical and we are one! So it says for the sake of unity we should live in PEACE so anything that can cause unnecessary dispute or violence should be avoided completely!

Is Iyaoloja the rightful person to collect tax

The world is so advanced undecided to settle a dispute even in Lagos, we have a mini court like in most local governments that sees to this matter

Are you not duplicating duties

What is the need for Iyaloja and babaloja for Christ sakes we are in the 21 century people undecided

do mind them. it is like balogun titles whey you have generals in the barracks. this is modern era. useless traditions should be done away.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benin Republic Ready To Be Integrated As Part Of Nigeria. / Nigerian Leaders Are Lazy, Says Ribadu ! / Pdp Govs Shout Down Nwodo At Nec Meeting !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.