Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) (24463 Views)

Dogonyaro’s Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985 / The Moment Gowon Received The News Of The Coup That Overthrew Him In OAU / On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by 9jahotblog: 4:05pm On May 03, 2019
Here's Gowon giving press release in Uganda after Murtala Mohammed overthrew him as Head of State.

Gowon was attending OAU meeting in Uganda when the bloodless coup took place.

He never returned to Nigeria until the death of Murtala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u9RaCtTByo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by pchukwudi: 4:35pm On May 03, 2019
angry cheesy

Looks so much like a pre planned event. I feel like the so called "bloodless coup" was staged with the full cooperation of Gowon. He looked so happy and relieved in this video to be considered a victim of power play. On the contrary he looked and sounded so upbeat and readily supportive of the change.

This does not feel or look like a coup at all.

The least a weak victim of coup would have done was to lie low. A strong victim would mount resistance. But legitimizing and rallying support for a junta that just overthrew your government? Very so on unheard of. This is massively suspicious.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by Authoreety: 7:00pm On May 03, 2019
Oga lala, Wehdone o
Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by mytime24(f): 7:01pm On May 03, 2019
Lubbish
Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by deepwater(f): 7:01pm On May 03, 2019
Coward!

How did this coward obtained the mind and the strength to even face OJUKWU ?

Ordinary muri u ran away and accepted.

Pre planned coup!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by Yankiss(m): 7:02pm On May 03, 2019
It is hard to believe that this young man with small beard had just presided over the destiny of millions of people for close to a decade. Inexperience had field day. The oil boom was mismanaged. The problem of the country, for which the politicians were overthrown, became even magnified.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:02pm On May 03, 2019
Even if the Igbo's forgive Gowon,Awolowo will remain unforgiven because of his scortch earth policy targeted at Young Biafran babies and women. No wonder he died a ratly death undecided

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by Decolonel(m): 7:02pm On May 03, 2019
No be today saboteurs begin dey our politics. . Waiting for the day one man from Daura will experience same.

1 Like

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:03pm On May 03, 2019
deepwater:
Coward !

= Ojukwu, Kanu grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by cescky(m): 7:03pm On May 03, 2019
shocked
Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:03pm On May 03, 2019
wink
Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by TeeSeven(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2019
When are we returning to the time when young and vibrant Nigerians will take over the reins of our nation?

3 Likes

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by chinavs9ja(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2019
shocked

Get your professional website today...check my signature
Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by omoadeleye(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2019
Do you mean Obafemi Awolowo University summit?

1 Like

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by chiedu7: 7:05pm On May 03, 2019
How this man still supports one Nigeria after what the Fulani herdsmen have done to his state baffles me.

The Fulani herdsmen have kill many & taken over their villages.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/plateau-shocker-herdsmen-rename-communities-grabbed-indigenes/

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:05pm On May 03, 2019
Gowon should just die...

The blood of innocent people he killed is eager for revenge

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by ednut1(m): 7:06pm On May 03, 2019
grin then he sent buka dimba to kill Murtala

3 Likes

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 03, 2019
omoadeleye:
Do you mean Obafemi Awolowo University summit?

Organization of African Unity.

Nowadays called the African Union

University of Ife was renamed Obafemi Awolowo University in 1987

2 Likes

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by nairalee(m): 7:06pm On May 03, 2019
I watched this with mixed feelings. I think it's beyond being a gentleman. He probably did it to secure his life.

But it looks cowardly. Even if you cannot forcibly reclaim your government you can just lay low and keep quiet.

But coming to a press conference, smiling sheepishly and endorsing an illegitimate government? That I would never do. Kill me a thousand times. It's better to die with an erect manhood than to live a pussy

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by MadCow1: 7:06pm On May 03, 2019
I cant get over how young this Nigga was

5 Likes

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by hamid6249: 7:08pm On May 03, 2019
Staged or not.... I use to hat this man before but with this I think will have a change of mind about him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by ishawlar: 7:09pm On May 03, 2019
All of una be the same thing
Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by timsbee(f): 7:09pm On May 03, 2019
Na like this TONTO video go surface years later... We go hear wetin she go rant that time.

1 Like

Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by blessedweapon(m): 7:09pm On May 03, 2019
I just remembered fela's zombie track
Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by Richkid97(m): 7:09pm On May 03, 2019
Go On With One Nigeria

Legend
Re: Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 03, 2019
Many don't know that Muritala Mohammed was from Auchi, Edo state. He converted to Islam. Just like Asari Dokubo was born as Uchedimma and changed his name to Asari Muhajideen Bin Dokubo. When they saw he finally understood what One Nigeria was all about...a food for foreign powers, he did like Abacha and started shutting them down. The Biafran blood in him finally came to lug but was too late. Hausa-Fulani dealt with him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Twist In Petition To Withdraw Okonjo-iweala's Yale Doctorate / Group Calls On Falz And Aisha Yesufu To Run For Presidency In 2023 (Photo) / Ogun Govt to Revoke CofO Of Any Commercial Outlet Rejecting Old Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.