Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,807 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1165888 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by valarinz: 9:38am On Mar 17, 2020
RCDIY:

Would you the delivery of his message was fair? You shared you experience too. Did people kick against your post?

Let's learn to call a spade a spade, bro

If my delivery wasn't so nice, then I totally apologise, obviously we all have different tolerance levels when it comes to soaking in bad news. Just ignore my bad habits and please take the message... apologies once more.

shotuns:

You said well bro, but did you ask the Guy what year T6 he bought? And I also expected you to add that the troublesome T6 has been rectified in the new models above 2006 , from 2007 T6 mounted with 3.2L engine 6 gears are the beast after the V8 models..., below 2006 T6 were the bad model years with 4 gear.
Anyone interested in Volvo cars should be rest assured volvos are reliable brand, those T6 below 2006 are the black sheep.

In response to this, there's no XC90 T6 post 05 model, they discontinued the shit car after just a year after realising the rubbish they did,by then countless lawsuits and damages has already landed on them from owners (note it took just less than a year for the car bought brand new to start messing owners up).

Theres only 04/05 model T6 and the car in question here is one of them, was rebranded from 07 above with their best XC90 engine and gear combination (3.2l 6cyl & 6spd tranny).

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Acidosis(m): 9:48am On Mar 17, 2020
samuelson06:
I still remember my first laptop - an HP Pavilion series 6. I bought that system for over 60k and it was very clean. After using the system for a month or two, it developed sound problem. From a sound problem, it entered keyboard and then from keyboard, it crossed to screen. Finally, it graduated to the motherboard and shortly, the system died. I sold it as scrap for less than 20k.

I felt real bad. While its protracted sickness lasted, I decided to do a little Google research about it. Lo and behold, HP Pavilion series was (and is still) like a curse child. It must bring one problem or the other now and then. I must confess that I didn't do any research before buying the system because all the information about it was online. HP won't even help anyone to fix the issues. I learnt my lesson the hard way.

After my experience and since then till now, I warn people about HP Pavilion series - quite sleek but almost useless. It'll definitely die in your hands and soon too. All the stubborn people I know and warned had my similar experience and would come back to say, "I wish I listened to you." The system had slumped and died in their hands.

What am I saying in essence? Do your research before placing order for anything. For cars, Edmond holds a lot of information. Quora is also a good place to ask questions. If you don't do your research before buying, you might likely regret. There's no point feeling bad because someone is warning you about their experience with a product. They might mix their counsel with emotions because of their experience with the product in question. Learn the lesson and correct yourself in anyway possible before it's too late.

I remember in those days I'd tell people, "Throw this sh!t away or sell it off. It'll breakdown in your hand. It's a beautiful nnonsense." Truly, HP Pavilion series is a pure money waste. For cars, I don't know much about them but had to research about mine before paying for it.

One love my people wink

You mentioned Quora and Edmond, but the two don't always correlate with public opinions in Nigeria. When a Nigerian tells you a product is bad, chances are you're going to get a different view on Quora or Edmund.

Opinions are good and can inform great decisions but we should be guided. If anyone is advising me about a phone or laptop brand, first thing I'll like to know is the year of purchase, tenure of use and nature of product at purchase period (new or fairly used).

Personally, I believe people who patronise fairly used products (including phones, cars, etc) should know the limit when it comes to dishing out opinions. I don't think Edmund or Quora review scraps. Opinions that are based on our experiences with scraps, Nigerian used cars, etc, should not be taken very seriously.

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by samuelson06(m): 10:15am On Mar 17, 2020
Acidosis:

You mentioned Quora and Edmond, but the two don't always correlate with public opinions in Nigeria. When a Nigerian tells you a product is bad, chances are you're likely going to get a different view on Quora or Edmund.

Opinions are good and can inform great decisions but we should be guided. If anyone is advising me about a phone or laptop brand, first thing I'll like to know is the year of purchase, tenure of use and nature of product at purchase period (new or fairly used).

Personally, I believe people who patronise fairly used products (including phones, cars, etc) should know the limit when it comes to dishing out opinions. I don't think Edmund or Quora review scraps. Opinions that are based on our experiences with scraps, Nigerian used cars, etc, should not be taken very seriously.

Yes. Those places don't review scraps but you'll get an idea on how the car would end up; how it tormented people who used them and what they did. I don't think there are problems peculiar to only cars or used cars in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by samuelson06(m): 10:19am On Mar 17, 2020
Mutemenot:

I'm having a similar issue with my HP, what's your best recommendation considering battery, durability and fast processor ?

Please send a PM. I won't like to derail. My system's experience was just to buttress a point.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by tropaz(m): 10:24am On Mar 17, 2020
THE MOMENT I STARTED SEEING ROMANCELANDERS HERE, I KNEW THE THREAD WAS GONE TO THE DOGS..

SO PATHETIC!!!

@amdman, please don't forget my car ooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dicksonadams(m): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2020
valarinz:

If my delivery wasn't so nice, then I totally apologise, obviously we all have different tolerance levels when it comes to soaking in bad news. Just ignore my bad habits and please take the message... apologies once more.

In response to this, there's no XC90 T6 post 05 model, they discontinued the shit car after just a year after realising the rubbish they did,by then countless lawsuits and damages has already landed on them from owners (note it took just less than a year for the car bought brand new to start messing owners up).

Theres only 04/05 model T6 and the car in question here is one of them, was rebranded from 07 above with their best XC90 engine and gear combination (3.2l 6cyl & 6spd tranny).

God bless you sir for your words of warning. I will warn friends and love ones

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by electricpole(m): 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
fastseo:
The way that guy called that newly bought car scrap is enough to send someone into depression and pain.

That car is a nice ride and if driven with care it wil l last the test of time. That a vehicle is Recalled back doesn't mean that its s scrap. Was venza not Recalled back and other brands.. But today its still selling here in Nigeria any day anytime.
why is venza recalled?
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Afobear: 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
Mutemenot:

I'm having a similar issue with my HP, what's your best recommendation considering battery, durability and fast processor ?

Lenovo
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by 1stNumeroUno: 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
Small small dem don dey derail the thread... From car comparisons/arguments to Phone/laptops now Edmond/Quora.

I wish Nairaland will update the forum with comments delete option for Ops.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by fastseo: 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
electricpole:
why is venza recalled?

Do your research very well by using Google.

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by 616autos: 2:06pm On Mar 17, 2020
Fentanyl:

he has advertised the car for resale so it seems he does not intend to use it personally

be that as it may, this information is important for everyone interested in buying cars especially non-Japanese so as to avoid stories that touch

DO YOUR RESEARCH
what about Mercedes c230
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by alaskido(m): 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
I am interested in the Pontiac Torrent. I hope it is 4 plugs and came with a Corrolla engine. Please send me full pictures on wattsapp to 08163483432

amdman:
2006 Pontiac Torrent
212k km

Slight damage to back

Will land N650k

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by drakeskull(m): 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
You can simply search online to ascertain the engine type. If it carries corolla engine, don't you think the car would be flooded in the market?

alaskido:
I am interested in the Pontiac Torrent. I hope it is 4 plugs and came with a Corrolla engine. Please send me full pictures on wattsapp to 08163483432

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dru23(m): 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
radautoworks:

Okay. Whatever you say.

Do you have it in stock. It's like a seal gasket .. It's for my 04 Honda civic ...

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by foolbuster: 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
samuelson06:
I still remember my first laptop - an HP Pavilion series 6. I bought that system for over 60k and it was very clean. After using the system for a month or two, it developed sound problem. From a sound problem, it entered keyboard and then from keyboard, it crossed to screen. Finally, it graduated to the motherboard and shortly, the system died. I sold it as scrap for less than 20k.

I felt real bad. While its protracted sickness lasted, I decided to do a little Google research about it. Lo and behold, HP Pavilion series was (and is still) like a curse child. It must bring one problem or the other now and then. I must confess that I didn't do any research before buying the system because all the information about it was online. HP won't even help anyone to fix the issues. I learnt my lesson the hard way.

After my experience and since then till now, I warn people about HP Pavilion series - quite sleek but almost useless. It'll definitely die in your hands and soon too. All the stubborn people I know and warned had my similar experience and would come back to say, "I wish I listened to you." The system had slumped and died in their hands.

What am I saying in essence? Do your research before placing order for anything. For cars, Edmond holds a lot of information. Quora is also a good place to ask questions. If you don't do your research before buying, you might likely regret. There's no point feeling bad because someone is warning you about their experience with a product. They might mix their counsel with emotions because of their experience with the product in question. Learn the lesson and correct yourself in anyway possible before it's too late.

I remember in those days I'd tell people, "Throw this sh!t away or sell it off. It'll breakdown in your hand. It's a beautiful nnonsense." Truly, HP Pavilion series is a pure money waste. For cars, I don't know much about them but had to research about mine before paying for it.

One love my people wink

God bless you. As i said they will ignore the message and attack the messenger. Valarinz is very knowledgable about Volvo cars since thats about the only brand he sells, so why would he degrade the brand. I would certainly listen to his advice on the brand.

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
dru23:

Do you have it in stock. It's like a seal gasket .. It's for my 04 Honda civic ...

Email support below for inventory verification.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Gentlelife50(m): 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
Engobi:

Congrats sir

Well I also have a tokunbo Lexus Es300 2000 model for just N950,000 very sound engine AC n gearbox.
That price is a giveaway.
Can I see the picture?

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dru23(m): 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
radautoworks:

Email support below for inventory verification.

For some reason I have a hard time understanding them and vice versa.. I dont want to drive all the way down there with Lagos traffic and get there to find out. It's the wrong stuff.. So please kindly check and call on my behalf.. I will really appreciate it .....below is what am looking for ......exact name

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by agarawu23(m): 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
alaskido:

welcome to our club of Pontiac torrent grin

Don't mistake Pontiac torrent for Pontiac vibe cos they are different. Pontiac vibe has the parts of Toyota matrix and that's why it's flooded in the market after people noticed.

Pontiac torrent is a v6 engine and a brother to Chevrolet equinox 2006-2009 model.

I noticed the high demands of this car recently so we ordered for it too. A thread will be opened soon for the review from users. A cheap SUV is better than a mouthed car with higher price all in the name of POPULAR cool..

#value4money

19 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by KINGreignn: 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2020
Mynd44, Dominique, Seun, please this thread is being derailed, ban the derailers and hide their post.
Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2020
dru23:

For some reason I have a hard time understanding them and vice versa.. I dont want to drive all the way down there with Lagos traffic and get there to find out. It's the wrong stuff.. So please kindly check and call on my behalf.. I will really appreciate it .....below is what am looking for ......exact name

Dude... Send what you just posted to them by email

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dru23(m): 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2020
radautoworks:

Dude... Send what you just posted to them by email

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
dru23:

Calling a customer dude..... Smh....

Dude... Thought we were past that. Okay then.

Sir, as previously stated I am out of the office on vacation. Kindly contact our support department in the signature below at support@radautoworks.com.

Alternatively you may use the web request form at https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/parts-request

They will be able to ascertain inventory for your request rapidly. Thank you for your interest in Rad Auto Works.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dru23(m): 4:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
radautoworks:

Dude... Thought we were past that. Okay then.

Sir, as previously stated I am out of the office on vacation. Kindly contact our support department in the signature below at support@radautoworks.com.

Alternatively you may use the web request form at https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/parts-request

They will be able to ascertain inventory for your request rapidly. Thank you for your interest in Rad Auto Works.

Thanks for your help, I will sort it out on my own
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by legalwealth(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
At amdman,

I need very neat clean title Mercedes-Benz S550 2010.

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Perkins1: 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
dru23:

Thanks for your help, I will sort it out on my own

You don't know you can sort it out yourself before you carry your big head come here. You think she's one of those that lick asses because they want to please an oversize meme fill individual.

Oga go sell your engine oil make you no dey do pass yourself.

27 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by sahiburrahmah(m): 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
amdman:
While we appreciate the amount of interest this thread has generated, it is however important that we all bear in mind the purpose of this thread, and stick to it. The fact that we ignore derailing posts does not mean that it is right... we expect people to know better and behave accordingly.

Pls my kontiri pepu be matured

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dru23(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
Perkins1:

You don't know you can sort it out yourself before you carry your big head come here. You think she's one of those that lick asses because they want to please an oversize meme fill individual.

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dru23(m): 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
Perkins1:

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 7:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
2006 Volvo V50 2.4L

Dent on rear passenger door

179k miles

N1.2m

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 7:56pm On Mar 17, 2020
2007 Mazda 6

Rust on rear tire well

187k miles

N1.2m

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Blanc8(m): 7:56pm On Mar 17, 2020
dru23:

You really shouldn't do this here... Makes no sense... You bigger than this childish act you keep exhibiting

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.