Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,889 members, 7,798,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1164552 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Amono: 6:57pm On May 30, 2020
foolbuster:

Gazzuzz go and sit down. You guys should stop making mountains out of a mole hill.

This is no big deal.
In every business there's always bound to be dissatisfied customers, it doesn't matter how hard you try, you simply cant keep100% of the customers satisfied all the time.

You all crucified him when he talked about rust and Canadian cars, one year later he was right and nah the matter unna de try solve .

https://www.nairaland.com/5385370/why-canadian-used-cars-cheaper

13 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by foolbuster: 7:02pm On May 30, 2020
Amono:

You all crucified him when he talked about rust and Canadian cars, one year later he was right and nah the matter unna de try solve .

Diportivo you too go and take a seat.

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by pieces18: 7:06pm On May 30, 2020
amdman:
2008 Mercedes Benz B200

No reported issues

200k km

N980k to Naija
It seems these cars are cool and the prices too. But my worry is the cost of clearing in Nigeria. For example, how much would it cost to clear this Mercedes Benz?

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Alfred74: 7:06pm On May 30, 2020
foolbuster:

Diportivo you too go and take a seat.

Every one should shut up because you are who? Who formed you?

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 30, 2020
Amono:

go and sit down Mr man, one year my foot...

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Alfred74: 7:08pm On May 30, 2020
Dantedasz:

Some might be afraid to speak out for fear of being attacked or ridiculed .

They don't want to look stupid.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by pieces18: 7:09pm On May 30, 2020
pieces18:

It seems these cars are cool and the prices too. But my worry is the cost of clearing in Nigeria. For example, how much would it cost to clear this Mercedes Benz?
And how is the procedure if I want to pick a car? One will have to make payment before you bring the car or how?
Your contact will be of help.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 7:19pm On May 30, 2020
New Account because of the fear of all the assistant amdman's.

It's surprising how Amdman clearly lied when he denied saying the car has no rust, it was really chilling to see the video posted on youtube where amdman CLEARLY said "no rust at all".

He called his customer, Jesterfly, a liar on this rust issue and did not even apologize when presented with evidence.

Well from now sha, we will be looking at "no fault reported" with serious side eye

Jesterfly:

Baba I'll try to respond to your bulleted reply as much as I can. Mind you, I didn't call you out for a deal I'd since moved on of, but cos Codyella was taken by most peeps here as a killjoy and someone hired or bought over to come spoil your business, I don't know her from Adam, just not happy with 90% of peeps here who are ready not to listen to both parties.

1.In the video review of the car you sent to me, you clearly said there was no rust, and I took your word for it, even when I showed a friend and he pointed out a rust to me, you waved it off as nothing serious. Here's a link to the video on your YouTube page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jonz5CkObWY (I might get banned by the spam bot for this), listen to your words at the 38 - 40s timeline.
As per the mechanic and panel beater you recommended which I later used, do you know it took almost 5 days for the panel beater to weld the rusted underneath, he didn't even finish all the rust work, i had to use another welder who use electric welding to do more of the rust work. I visit the mechanic every week for one issue or the other, one noise or the other. Some of the noises were linked to one broken part underneath the vehicle, and that would have to be welded. At a point, the mechanic advised me to sell the vehicle and ease my self of its numerous problems. I don't need to come back to you to say I've discovered another rust or another problem, when it is my cross to bear already, afterall you were not assisting in the bills.

2.I remember making and sending a video of the wet interior to you, until a panel beater discovered it to be from the moon roof months down the line, I don't need to bug you months after.

3. You clearly said the kickstarter was why it was not starting, and you also asked me not to get one till the vehicle arrives. I trusted in your words and went to the port with the kickstarter, just so I could drive the car home after fixing it, why would I not be prepared when you already told me confidently what the issue with the car was? Don't blame me for buying a kickstarter baba.

4. Being scammed on the highway was my fault, little wonder I didn't mention it in my first post. I also didn't mentioned where I changed all the 4 tyres cos they were worn and also didn't say I had to change the car battery. I also didn't mention where customs stopped me cos of underpayed duty, and I had to give them a good sum of money to free me. The overheating and changing of top Gasket could also be my fault.
I never used only water in the radiator, right even until I sold the car. I also never used any other oil in the engine besides Castrol 5w-30 synthetic oil. So you can never say I didn't maintain the vehicle properly.

5. I recommended alot of peeps to you, but they all got disappointed with your response to them, it's either you snub them or you ignore them when they request a particular type of car. I contacted you last in March when I sold off the pontiac and requested another from you, but you laughed (don't know what that meant) first before you asked I send you a chat so it comes on top of everyother chat. I didn't continue the deal cos you didn't respond further after you said the one you first showed me has been sold.

The way you claimed a car has no issue is just misleading, we all buy in trust from you, but when we see something that is off what we were expecting, we get unhappy. You can't say "No known Issue" and the car comes with barrage of issues.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Postingnonsense: 7:24pm On May 30, 2020
mrlien:

Its surprising how Amdman clearly lied when he [b]denied [/b]saying the car has "no rust at all", it was really chilling to see the video posted on youtube where amdman CLEARLY said "no rust at all".

He called his customer, Jesterfly, a liar on this rust issue and did not even apologize when presented with evidence.

Well from now sha, we will be looking at "no fault reported" with serious side eye

You are a sponsored by the mechanic in ogba or you are him

12 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 30, 2020
mrlien:

It's surprising how Amdman clearly lied when he denied saying the car has no rust, it was really chilling to see the video posted on youtube where amdman CLEARLY said "no rust at all".

shame shame shame, shame!!!

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 7:29pm On May 30, 2020
Postingnonsense:

You are a sponsored by the mechanic in ogba or you are him

I am not him and I am sure he wont even bother with a reply but even you watching that youtube video AFTER he called his customer a liar, how did you feel??

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by FEGEITOK: 7:32pm On May 30, 2020
Proxy wars in full swing

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by xclusive43(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2020
This thread hot today

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Newbreed2018: 7:50pm On May 30, 2020
mrlien:

GAZZUZZ! shameless old man. Lol

18 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Postingnonsense: 7:56pm On May 30, 2020
Newbreed2018:

You Sabi him ways.

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 8:04pm On May 30, 2020
Newbreed2018:

Does this invalidate anything I said? I am not him. There’s a YouTube video I’m referring to supplied by his customer, jesterfly, and you’re still calling his name up and down.

Nigerians sha. Suddenly amdman has become an untouchable god because it seems like he is the underdog.

Watch the YouTube video and show me the lie

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Postingnonsense: 8:05pm On May 30, 2020
mrlien:

Does this invalidate anything I said? I am not him. There’s a YouTube video I’m referring to supplied by his customer, jesterfly, and you’re still calling his name up and down.

Nigerians sha. Suddenly amdman has become an untouchable god because it seems like he is the underdog.

Gazuzz leave us with our Canadian cars, we like it like that .

21 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 8:07pm On May 30, 2020
Postingnonsense:

Gazuzz leave us with our Canadian cars, we like it like that .

The person you’re calling is on this thread as I am typing.

I asked you a question. He called jesterfly a liar, saying that he never said the car had no rust. When presented with irrefutable video evidence, did he even acknowledge and apologize? How did YOU feel watching that video. You cannot answer this question till now

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Newbreed2018: 8:10pm On May 30, 2020
mrlien:

GAZZUZZ my friend, give it a rest. Do not use us to try to resuscitate ur dead career.

U r doing well selling mgbuka and abakiliki tyres cheesy

18 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by thebigkendo(m): 8:11pm On May 30, 2020
drakeskull:
@Codyella, you said you worked on the compressor, hope you collected the old one if changed at all. You need to know that before cars are shipped, the AC gas is always removed from compressor. This is mandatory for all cars shipped. Probably kazeem doesn't know this and bad mouthed the original compressor

Comedian grin grin grin grin cheesy

Wetin Musa no dey see got nairaland

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 8:13pm On May 30, 2020
Newbreed2018:
GAZZUZ my friend, give it a rest. Do not use us to try to resuscitate ur dead career.

U r doing well selling mgbuka and abakiliki tyres cheesy

I’m a lady. You can give it a rest and at least answer the question I asked now.

You know that you have no sensible answer that’s why you’re using distraction techniques from the questions at hand.

I hope you have your own business that you are this passionate about o.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Postingnonsense: 8:13pm On May 30, 2020
mrlien:

I asked you a question. He called jesterfly a liar, saying that he never said the car had no rust. When presented with irrefutable video evidence, did he even acknowledge and apologize? How did YOU feel watching that video. You cannot answer this question till now

The matter has been settled . Go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 8:15pm On May 30, 2020
Question: why did Amdman lie about His statement on rust, called Jesterfly a liar and refused to apologize when confronted with video evidence.

Answer: you are the mechanic in Ogba. G.azzuz leave us alone.

Jesterfly:

Baba I'll try to respond to your bulleted reply as much as I can. Mind you, I didn't call you out for a deal I'd since moved on of, but cos Codyella was taken by most peeps here as a killjoy and someone hired or bought over to come spoil your business, I don't know her from Adam, just not happy with 90% of peeps here who are ready not to listen to both parties.

1.In the video review of the car you sent to me, you clearly said there was no rust, and I took your word for it, even when I showed a friend and he pointed out a rust to me, you waved it off as nothing serious. Here's a link to the video on your YouTube page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jonz5CkObWY (I might get banned by the spam bot for this), listen to your words at the 38 - 40s timeline.
As per the mechanic and panel beater you recommended which I later used, do you know it took almost 5 days for the panel beater to weld the rusted underneath, he didn't even finish all the rust work, i had to use another welder who use electric welding to do more of the rust work. I visit the mechanic every week for one issue or the other, one noise or the other. Some of the noises were linked to one broken part underneath the vehicle, and that would have to be welded. At a point, the mechanic advised me to sell the vehicle and ease my self of its numerous problems. I don't need to come back to you to say I've discovered another rust or another problem, when it is my cross to bear already, afterall you were not assisting in the bills.

2.I remember making and sending a video of the wet interior to you, until a panel beater discovered it to be from the moon roof months down the line, I don't need to bug you months after.

3. You clearly said the kickstarter was why it was not starting, and you also asked me not to get one till the vehicle arrives. I trusted in your words and went to the port with the kickstarter, just so I could drive the car home after fixing it, why would I not be prepared when you already told me confidently what the issue with the car was? Don't blame me for buying a kickstarter baba.

4. Being scammed on the highway was my fault, little wonder I didn't mention it in my first post. I also didn't mentioned where I changed all the 4 tyres cos they were worn and also didn't say I had to change the car battery. I also didn't mention where customs stopped me cos of underpayed duty, and I had to give them a good sum of money to free me. The overheating and changing of top Gasket could also be my fault.
I never used only water in the radiator, right even until I sold the car. I also never used any other oil in the engine besides Castrol 5w-30 synthetic oil. So you can never say I didn't maintain the vehicle properly.

5. I recommended alot of peeps to you, but they all got disappointed with your response to them, it's either you snub them or you ignore them when they request a particular type of car. I contacted you last in March when I sold off the pontiac and requested another from you, but you laughed (don't know what that meant) first before you asked I send you a chat so it comes on top of everyother chat. I didn't continue the deal cos you didn't respond further after you said the one you first showed me has been sold.

The way you claimed a car has no issue is just misleading, we all buy in trust from you, but when we see something that is off what we were expecting, we get unhappy. You can't say "No known Issue" and the car comes with barrage of issues.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Richdee1(m): 8:16pm On May 30, 2020
mrlien:

I’m a lady. You can give it a rest and at least answer the question I asked now.

You know that you have no sensible answer that’s why you’re using distraction techniques from the questions at hand.

I hope you have your own business that you are this passionate about o.

This Moniker was registered today May 2020

So I guess they are right calling u Gazzuzz

They might be wrong tho'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by yehmy(m): 8:23pm On May 30, 2020
mrlien:

You are just plain stupid, did you watch the video and was the rust shown in the video as claimed, or the under where the rust was shown in the video

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Gabapentin: 8:27pm On May 30, 2020
Asquare84:

Madam I pity the man that married you, take refund for your call you refuse what else do you want. Just remember you will be under a man one day.

look at this misogynistic gutter rat

let me show you what misogyny looks like

I pity your mother

I pity your sisters

I pity the woman that would be so unfortunate to say yes to your marriage proposal

and if you're already married

I pity the woman that calls herself your wife

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 8:30pm On May 30, 2020
Richdee1:

This Moniker was registered today May 2020

So I guess they are right calling u Gazzuzz

They might be wrong tho'

I clearly mentioned why I registered today
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 8:32pm On May 30, 2020
yehmy:
You are just plain stupid, did you watch the video and was the rust shown in the video as claimed, or the under where the rust was shown in the video

No I am not stupid. Are you?

He called his customer, Jesterfly , a liar saying that he never made a “NO rust” claim.

Jesterfly responded with a video showing he actually did.

Did he apologize or even acknowledge the video? No.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Lush100(m): 8:34pm On May 30, 2020
Lots of sychophants are here.
I can't run my business this way.
If you don't want to listening to customer complaint, you are not ready for business you want to do on a long run.
I went into Zenith Bank along Lagos-Abeokuta way on that long Abule-egba road leading down to tollgate.
I had a complain after using their ATM.
If they just waved me off, I would have gone. I had explained to the security man.
He took me in straight to see a supervisor.
What's my complain?
I went to zenith Bank to withdraw 12k using another bank ATM card.
The machine paid.me 13k. I didn't get an alert, so I thought my mind was playing me, maybe I typed 13k by mistake.
I went in, she she thanked me, we checked the spooled e-journal roll from her system, she said its 12k I typed and called out my ATM PAN number. I gave her 1k. She said she would call me later, she didn't .
Supposing I came with a negative complain, would I also be attended too?
Wouldn't she send a mail of the issue raised.
Take complain to improve your business and do it on time.

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by elantraceey(f): 8:42pm On May 30, 2020
mrlien:

Have you not said something before and completely forgot you said it? He made a bycomment on the video that he probably didn't recall. I even expected that he told him that personally not on a video. He ought to apologize though but the guy is cool so oga/madam
let it rest abeg.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by buygala(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2020
After 1 month, 2 weeks and five days I finally finished reading this entire thread from top to bottom grin

My Opinion: amdman is doing a very good job providing cheap cars.

But at what point does the craze for cheap cars become a penny wise pound foolish venture?

Car that you will get at a car stand here in naija for 1.5 million, you buy it for 1.2 from the op and in the process risk high blood pressure because op didn't reply your messages after you don send money enter him aza grin, or you end up with a rust bucket that becomes a Delilah in your life, or you get a working vehicle and live happily ever after..

Give or take, I have noticed that people who buy cars advertized on this thread still spend some money aside normal servicing to bring the cars up to standard....I was hearing 50k here, 20k there,....drops of water make an ocean...small small, the 1.2 million crew may end up spending what they thought they had pinched away by going the Canadian way grin

My own humble opinion is...before jumping on the 1.2 million wagon, please ask yourself...is the extra 200 or 250k I am trying to pinch worth the back and forths,long waits, and the dicey chance of ending up with a car that may still gulp that money you pinched and still never be totally free of its Ebola..

Much as all of us are looking for the cheapest stuff, we should also consider that for 200k or so extra we can just walk out of our homes to any car dealer in our town accompanied by a trusted Inspector and knowledge of the desired car gleaned from online forums and enough patience not to get carried away by shiny waxed bodies of vehicles, and come back home that same day with a nice car which will serve well, ceteris Paribus smiley

Personally, I have always been a see and buy person....let the car dealers deal with all the stress of bidding for,paying for, importing, clearing and cleaning up the vehicles for sale...my own is to walk into a car shop, inspect, pay for what I want and vamoose same day...

I am a lawyer and not a car dealer..Everybody should handle his own stress abeg grin

Forget what is being bandied on this forum about how every car dealer except some holy few are selling packaged lemons....There are lemons no doubt, but people have also walked into used car lots in Nigeria and gotten very good deals...Do your due diligence and you will be fine smiley

Millions of clean cars currently on Nigerian roads were not bought on nairaland, and were actually bought from used car lots in Nigeria, and they are doing just fine...

One more tip....If you are looking for a good used car deal, find a Hausa car dealer..most of them are more interested in turn over than monstrous one time profit...speak his language and appreciate his religion and he may even give you the vehicle at barely his cost price grin....Those guys life no hard at all grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by easytig(m): 8:45pm On May 30, 2020
Codyella:
A woman complains of a bad business, she's labeled a liar and a man does the same and he is patted on the back and got an apology. Bunch of misogynists!
Say whatever you want, I made my review because I refused to be bullied into silence because I'm a woman.

Amdman, you have done your own. I trusted you with my money and you didn't give me what I asked. And you still feel that you are right in what you did. I only wish you well. What goes around comes around. Its indeed a small world. Farewell.

stop playing d gender card and face the facts.ur ride was test driven in canada prior to purchase and was also driven to onitsha from lagos over certain km with no problem. all of a sudden u called amdman fraudulent, u also said the car wont start,u spent 100k in repair u cound'nt prove, u refuse to accept a refund and u r playin gender card.if i were u i will deal seriosly with kazeem that mess ur car up in d name of servicing.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.