Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,802 members, 7,802,563 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured (47019 Views)

Air Peace Promotes Saheed Amodu As Boeing 737 Captain / Plane Falls Into Water As Wing Walker And Pilot Scream In The UK (Pics, Video) / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by AUTOJOSH1: 9:01am On May 04, 2019

Here is yet another Boeing 737 plane story. A Boeing jetliner which had 143 people onboard fell into St. Johns River at the end of the runway at Naval Air Station Jacksonville at about 9:40 p.m. local time on Friday night.

There were no reports of fatalities or critical injuries. The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said on Twitter that all 21 of the injured were taken to a hospital, where they were listed in good condition.

The plane is a chartered Boeing 737-800 arriving from Naval Station Guantanamo Bay in Cuba with 136 passengers and seven crew members.

The sheriff’s tweet was accompanied by two photographs showing the plane, bearing the logo of Miami Air International, resting in shallow water and fully intact.

The mayor of Jacksonville, Lenny Curry, said on Twitter that U.S. President Donald Trump had called him to offer help.

“No fatalities reported. We are all in this together,” Curry said in a separate tweet.

A Boeing spokesman said that the company was aware of the incident and was gathering information.

SOURCE: https://autojosh.com/boeing-737-falls-river-usa/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by Nukilia: 9:18am On May 04, 2019
Heaven help us in this world! Boeing aircrafts are now synonymous with air crashes.... undecided

Na to dey ride donkey sure pass for now undecided

109 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by chimaobikanu(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2019
Glad no life was lost

36 Likes

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by Originakalokalo(m): 11:10am On May 04, 2019
One day you will go out and not return, you will sleep and not wake up, you will fall sick and not recover from it..

When you are declared dead in the hospital and your loved ones are crying, wishing you rest in peace,

Where exactly would you find yourself?

Jesus said...

Anyone who believes in me shall not "die" he will only translate into eternal rest.

Give God the glory for the opportunity to live and be alive....

Use this chance wisely.....

You don't know what will happen next.

Invite Jesus into your life... ask him to forgive you your sins... Pronounce him as your Lord and saviour...

...and that's it.

He will give you the grace to live a holy life that pleases God....

This is salvation.

366 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by NaijaMutant(f): 11:11am On May 04, 2019
River no dey swallow person wey no go near river grin

Therefore, this one doesn't concern the poor grin

At least the poor will have something to be grateful for or gloat over the rich grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by omonla10(m): 11:11am On May 04, 2019
This one no be accident jare..just conversion of flight into boat cruise

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by nymphomaniac(m): 11:11am On May 04, 2019
And our Bini witches have been flying for decades without a crash...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by Buzoman: 11:12am On May 04, 2019
Nna eeh this bet9ja guy you de get customer so?

7 Likes

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by grandstar(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2019
At a time Jacksonville was the most desegregated city in America and I think Gary Indiana where Michael Jackson was born was the most segregated.

4 Likes

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by nymphomaniac(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2019
Since you spammers have learnt to post without sense, we with sense will continue reporting your posts till you have sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by agarawu23(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2019
Na wa

Flying in the air is one of the most riskiest way to die. Only God dey help us.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by yusfatedeeprof(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2019
Hence the aviation slogan, "aviation like the sea is not inherently dangerous but just mercilessly unforgiving of human errors"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by Elxandre(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2019
The mayor of Jacksonville, Lenny Curry, said on Twitter that U.S. President Donald Trump had called him to offer help.

This one is a president, not some presidents that will only issue statements via aides. lipsrsealed

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by hopefulLandlord: 11:13am On May 04, 2019
Originakalokalo:
One day you will go out and not return, you will sleep and not wake up, you will fall sick and not recover from it..

When you are declared dead in the hospital and your loved ones are crying, wishing you rest in peace,

Where exactly would you find yourself?
Most likely oblivion. any other place people say we'd find ourselves is based on speculations with NO evidence to back it up

Jesus said...

Anyone who believes in me shall not "die" he will only translate into eternal rest.

Give God the glory for the opportunity to live and be alive....

Use this chance wisely.....

You don't know what will happen next.

Invite Jesus into your life... ask him to forgive you your sins... Pronounce him as your Lord and saviour...

...and that's it.

He will give you the grace to live a holy life that pleases God....

This is salvation.

This is where this Christianity bullsheet becomes annoying

you moved from uncertainty (where will you find yourself?) to certainty (Christian hell and heaven are real)

let me bluntly summarise what you've said "You don't know what would happen therefore accept a Jew who was killed by three nails in faraway Israel into your life"

why Jesus? why not Allah? Vishnu? Odin? FSM and any of the other 5,000 gods which Jesus is one of? how did you jump to Jesus? let me guess. people told you or you read a book or you saw visions which any fool on LSD can see?

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by driand(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2019
angry

The rate at which people are bent on spoiling market for boeing is alarming...

Who did they offend?

2 Likes

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by olioxx(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2019
The fear of Boeing is the beginning of wisdom! . . Boeing is a threat oooo,.

1 Like

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by HajiMT: 11:13am On May 04, 2019
Flying to me, is ere gele (very dangerous endeavour /adventure) as yoruba people will say
Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by adewest1999(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2019
Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by Nyamiri: 11:14am On May 04, 2019
Is it that these Bet9ja scammers are giving Seun and lalasticla proceeds of their fraud?

12 Likes

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by AdolfHitlerxXx: 11:14am On May 04, 2019
angry

TheFacelessMan:

PART 1

How I brought the drugs onto the plane is a story for another day.

But I had an aging mother, a materialistic wife and an ever-hungry dog to feed.

I had a gambling habit as well and so I agreed to ferry the COKE to Brazil for a sum of $15,000 which is 5.4 million in this Buhari “CHANGI” Regime .

[img]https://i./Nc8O.gif[/img]

I got on Nigerian Airways at 12 noon en route Rio Di Janeiro after the usual delays and postponements.

A very pretty hostess, “RACHEL”, her name-tag read ushered me to 15C aisle seat. Our eyes met, a teasing smile on her lips and I thought “In another world, at another time”

I settled down in my seat waiting for take-off, marveling at how easy it was to beat Nigerian Immigrations.

A minute into the pre-flight safety instructions by RACHEL, a male hostess cancel host named “BUKAR” walked from behind and whispered into her ears.

She nodded and walked to the rear of the plane presumably to get refreshments. As she passed by me, she gave me a deep, undressing look. Like she wanted to give me an X-RAY. kiss kiss kiss My mum always told me how handsome I was cool

BUKAR was tall & bulky, rather too ugly and unfriendly looking to be in public service. I lost interest hearing him drone on and on. I closed my eyes….

Just as the plane took off, I heard a booming voice from the front of the plane say:

“Mr Chukwu-something shocked, you are under arrest for trafficking narcotic substances…..” shocked shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by AdolfHitlerxXx: 11:14am On May 04, 2019
grin

TheFacelessMan:
PART 2:

My eyes popped open and I saw Bukar slowly pulling a truncheon from his trousers, advancing like I was a tiger in a cage.

I jumped up and turned to run towards the back of the plane. Was that my plan B? You would ask. But I sure as hell wasn’t going to run into the arms of Bukar. He was huge and could obviously crush me easily.

Suddenly, I saw that Bukar was not the only undercover agent on the plane. Rachel had dropped all pretense and she was blocking the rear.

I immediately chose the lesser evil. Pretty girl vs Black Gorilla ?

Yes, you guessed right! I ran to the back.

This wasn’t time to be a gentleman. I would beat her silly and use her as a hostage to get out of this mess.

I was nearly upon her when her right fist shot out at the speed of lightning. “POW, POW”

What tha ?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

[img]https://usatthebiglead.files./2013/08/daniel-jacobs-giovanni-lorenzo-face.gif?w=640[/img]

Half of my face exploded in pain and before my brain could even process what was happening, her left hook to my stomach sucked all the air in me.

Very very far away, in slow motion, I dropped to one knee……

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by skales67(m): 11:15am On May 04, 2019
Na wah o
Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by AdolfHitlerxXx: 11:15am On May 04, 2019
angry

TheFacelessMan:
PART 3:

Breath whistling harshly and raggedly between clenched teeth, I knelt in front of her like I was proposing marriage.

One hand was clenching my belly, the other supporting myself on a chair so as not to lose balance, I looked up at her through one eye.

The other eye was already swollen shut, my face red and throbbing….tears streaming from the both eyes.

The other passengers had been “UHHHing and AHHHHing” at our brief one-sided boxing match but they suddenly fell silent probably waiting for the coup de grace.

I knew I was out-matched. She probably weighed 70kg soaking wet but each punch weighed at least 100kg.

I spat out a loose bloody molar from my mouth and got even more evidence I stood no chance.

I jumped up and slammed both palms on the release buttons of luggage compartments on both sides.

Boxes flew out and a big one pushed Rachel off-balance. Another broke open and at least 50 granny panties spilled out shocked shocked shocked

I grabbed a handful of these panties and jammed them into the nose of the Turban wearing Sheikh in 14C.

He probably didn’t like what he smelt because he stood up furiously probably to protest. All the passengers had erupted in a frenzy trying to save their valuables!

I grabbed an Alfred Dunhill Century (perfume) that had rolled under a chair, balanced it on my hand a split second before a rock hard body slammed into me from behind.

Bukar was a little too late because I cocked my hand back and threw the perfume bottle at the nearest window!..... shocked shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by AdolfHitlerxXx: 11:15am On May 04, 2019
cheesy
Re: Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured by OboOlora(f): 11:15am On May 04, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two People Sitting On Train, Fall, Die In Lagos (Photos) / Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) / Lagos Appoves New LAGBUS Fares, Unveils New Price List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.