Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School (7222 Views)

Police Killing: DHQ Orders Taraba Battalion To Produce Wadume / Governor Ibrahim Gaidam Approves N6bn For Upgrade Of Non Existing Airport - SR / See The New Look Of The Reconstruction And Upgrade of the Onikan Stadium - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by Mrakeli: 12:58pm On May 04, 2019
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has approved funds to begin the process for the upgrade and accreditation of Armed Forces Electrical and Mechanic (AEME) Mechatronics School.

The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin announced this in Abuja at the graduation of participants of Course 3 of the school.

He said upgrade and accreditation would enable the school to pursue a programme on “National Innovative Diploma’’.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 15 personnel drawn from the Army, Air Force and Navy participated in the course.

Olonisakin, who was represented by Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, the Chief of Defence Logistics, said that the objective of setting up the school had largely been achieved.

He said this was exemplified by the quality of graduands it had so far turned out.

Olonisakin also said the school was established to produce technicians capable of tackling complex challenges of maintaining automobiles in the inventory of the armed forces.

“The training of competent technicians is key to maintainability. This will enhance the serviceability of military equipment to meet all operational logistics and administrative requirements.’’

He said the school had been expanded to increase admission, including civilians, for subsequent courses.

The school, which was set up in 2015 following a bilateral agreement between Nigeria and German Ministries of Defence in 2011, had so far turned out 30 graduands.

“The school enrolls the technicians of the armed forces of Nigeria, who are expected to undergo an intensive two years training in line with the National Board of Technical Education –NABTE curricular and the German Chambers of Commerce and Industry regulations,’’ Olonisakin said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/05/dhq-approves-fund-for-upgrade-of.html

2 Likes

Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 04, 2019
sad why do we need to spend on defense when we Christians pray to Jesus and Muslims pray to Allah for protection? Are these gods dead or too deaf to hear our calls for protection? Money that could have been used in helping the poor keeps going to ammunitions yet the whole country is religious believing a god is responsible for their protection. This further shows that religion is indeed a ruse and no god anywhere sad

Note: I'm a born again Christian but nowadays I'm having doubts over religion sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by lordm(m): 1:03pm On May 04, 2019
Good
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by Richdad50(m): 1:06pm On May 04, 2019
shocked

Spammers have declared war on Nairaland. If the in-house developers can't fix it, they should seek help from the forum.

Richdad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by olas24u(f): 1:09pm On May 04, 2019
Location?
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:09pm On May 04, 2019
angry

Makes me really sad.

We are a nation of 180 million people, plenty material and human resources

Yet we are still copying designs.

By now, our Military should have innovated rifles, locally manufactured and we should be selling to at least West and East African countries.

Practice makes perfect. The prototypes wouldn't be perfect, but we would continue to improve on them

Unfortunately, we have thieves in power.

5 Likes

Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by GOFRONT(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2019
National cake
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by jantofubu(m): 1:17pm On May 04, 2019
Thread clean... grin
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by omoadeleye(m): 1:17pm On May 04, 2019
Spammers every where, e no go better for spammers oo
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by olas24u(f): 1:20pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

Makes me really sad.

We are a nation of 180 million people, plenty material and human resources

Yet we are still copying designs.

By now, our Military should have innovated rifles, locally manufactured and we should be selling to at least West and East African countries.

Practice makes perfect. The prototypes wouldn't be perfect, but we would continue to improve on them

Unfortunately, we have thieves in power.
Support resturcturing !the selection process are not always the best.
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by Darevofpeace(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2019
GoTV:
sad why do we need to spend on defense when we Christians pray to Jesus and Muslims pray to Allah for protection? Are these gods dead or too deaf to hear our calls for protection? Money that could have been used in helping the poor keeps going to ammunitions yet the whole country is religious believing a god is responsible for their protection. This further shows that religion is indeed a ruse and no god anywhere sad

Note: I'm a born again Christian but nowadays I'm having doubts over religion sad
No born again Christian would talk like this.
Moreover your thought analysis is so myopic and disappointing.
The Defence Headquarters needs to build there Engineering school so as to make improvised equipment. You are here talking about Jesus and Allah.
What secondary school did you attend ?

4 Likes

Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by StupidInyamiri: 1:22pm On May 04, 2019
This is a generation
Where depressed and broken people are trying to be happy and make other people happy and happy people are pretending to be depressed just to gain sympathy
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by Clean2016: 2:06pm On May 04, 2019
Note: I'm a born again Christian but nowadays I'm having doubts over religion sad[/quote]

I reason like that at times but we need to be careful lest we turn against God

Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by theenchanter: 2:10pm On May 04, 2019
GoTV:

welcome sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 04, 2019
Darevofpeace:
The Defence Headquarters needs to build there Engineering school so as to make improvised equipment. You are here talking about Jesus and Allah.
Don't just ignore that being he wants to be relevant

1 Like

Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by countryfive: 2:23pm On May 04, 2019

e
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by Dotman2210(m): 2:27pm On May 04, 2019
Darevofpeace:
Baba you no suppose dignify this confused crack head with a response... He is already sounding like a broken record

1 Like

Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by olas24u(f): 3:05pm On May 04, 2019
Darevofpeace:
You didnot get it.
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by Darevofpeace(m): 3:08pm On May 04, 2019
olas24u:

You didnot get it.
You can elaborate further.
Re: DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School by Honesty007(m): 3:32pm On May 04, 2019
GoTV:

Christianity means follower of christ and to be a disciple of christ means teach and do as christ says!
it is the world that calls it a religion.christianity is the revelation of Jesus christ to humanity and in us.pls religion is not eternal ,but a revelation is and christ lives in us eternally.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribunal Affirms Abaribe 4th Term Bid In The Senate / Are The Supporters of This Man Not Ashamed Of Him? What is this? / Fasheun's Response To Sanusi: Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.