Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

My Healthy Ramadan Meal Diary - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Healthy Ramadan Meal Diary (546 Views)

Observing Ramadan 2019 With Good Healthy Diet & Good Islamic Practice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Healthy Ramadan Meal Diary by kaykay100(f): 6:08pm On May 04, 2019
Health is Wealth . Good Nutrition is great to practice healthy and sustainable Ramadan. So I will be sharing my Diary and challenging myself in all aspects. My nutrition,Prayer,Tahjud and Quran reading.

Healthy eating Shopping List for Ramadan ; 4/5/19 ( For 1 person)

- 5 medium- large Mackerel Fish (smoked mackerel in the oven at 180c for about 1hr-2hrs or more based on how smoked you want it.
- Mushroom
- Egg plant
- Mixed Colour pepper (Tatashe) .
- Tomato plum tins x 3
- Red Onioins
-Celery
- Parsley
- Ginger and lemon
- Cabbage
- Lettuce
- Carrot
- Cucumber
- Oat Powder( I blended my Oat with the blender myself).
- Kale
- Spinach
- 1 frozen Turkey leg shopped into small pieces.

Alternate with what you can afford.
Re: My Healthy Ramadan Meal Diary by OkunrinOloro: 6:12pm On May 04, 2019
Waking up in the early morning and staying up late at night, to eat TWO giant meals is not fasting.
Re: My Healthy Ramadan Meal Diary by kaykay100(f): 2:52pm On May 07, 2019
Day 1 Meal plan;

Sahur / suhoor ; A nice portion of Efo and Oat fufu (used 1/2 cup of oat powder and little water to make the fufu) . Lots of water and fruit salad.

Iftar; Fruit and veg smoothie before prayer . Check online for different recipes and start to try out what works for your taste bud.

After Prayer; Shredded cabage,carrot, avocado and lentil moin moin .

Drinking Ginger and lemon water (or any infused water) all through from breaking,through the night before heading to bed and suhoor. Make a fresh one in the morning.

Re: My Healthy Ramadan Meal Diary by kaykay100(f): 2:54pm On May 09, 2019
Day 2 Meal;

- Sahoor ; Lentil Riro and chicken drumstick ( This really does keep you fuller for longer and you can add roasted plantain or boiled sweet potato)
- iftar; greek Yoghurt and blueberries
-After prayer ; Efo riro and oat swallow.
- After all prayers; Carrot,cucumber and cabbage coleslaw with shredded mackerel

Drinking water during each meal and between meals.

Lentil riro recipe; http://www.tatashey.com/recipe/nigerian-stewed-beans-ewa-riro/

(1) (Reply)

Can A Parent Disown A Child? / Karatun Tahiya Da Zaman Tahiya / Ibn-tv.com/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.