Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone (4060 Views)

Techno Pop 3 Is The Most Useless Phone!!! / Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). / Xiaomi Mi A2 Specification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by AndroBlaze: 11:29am On May 05, 2019
grafixdon:

It's the lite version. How do I get the best of the phone? Very boring

To get the best out of the phone you have to work at it and customise it yourself. Its actually enjoyable if you like phones and have time to spend.

As for the fm radio, update your OS to Android 9 ( its easy), the app will now be available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3aXihSh5XU

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by fuckboys: 11:39am On May 05, 2019
AndroBlaze:

Bros it is not an upgrade, you are justing changing over to another OS.

Most experienced Android users actually prefer stock android because they can tweak it the way they deem fit safely.

I suggest you go to Xiaomi thread on here and ask someone their to flash MIUI for you because I have a feeling if you do it yourself you will brick the phone.

Also, if you are indeed using Mi A2 and not the lite version you still will not have an inbuilt data-free FM radio app if you flash to MIUI. Your phone, like most stock android phones is really made for Europeans and they are not bothered about FM radio as they prefer streaming radio apps.
Tell him brother, this right here is stock AOSP ROM with nothing outta the box

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by grafixdon: 11:39am On May 05, 2019
AndroBlaze:

To get the best out of the phone you have to work at it and customise it yourself. Its actually enjoyable if you like phones and have time to spend.

As for the fm radio, update your OS to Android 9 ( its easy), the app will now be available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3aXihSh5XU

Thank you brother. I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by Mykcool(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2019
Gptech:

Stock Android, not just stock rom, two different things. Stock Android is the way Google designed the Android Os to be. Its appearance is different from what you find in many big OEMS like Samsung, Huawei, etc. What you find in e.g Samsung, is the Android Os with modifications or additional features like icon packs, themes, wallpapers, gallery, file manager,etc. When such additions are made to the original Android Os, the Os is then referred to as skinned Android, not stock anymore. Examples of Skinned Android are the One UI on Samsung phones, Oxygen Os on Oneplus devices, Miui on most Xaiomi phones, Emui on Huawei devices, Xos on Infinix phones, etc.
you're always reliable . Kudos bros

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by obi58: 2:20pm On May 05, 2019
grafixdon:

It's the lite version. How do I get the best of the phone? Very boring

Why not just sell the phone and go for another phone you would prefer?

There are several Xiaomi phones within that 70k region or even less with all the bloatware you need

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by RealEzee(m): 2:33pm On May 05, 2019
grafixdon:

Imaging, I downloadd fm on play store and the app almost wipe out my entire data just to listen to cool fm. So annoying.
hmmm u sure say u know how to use smart phone ni, how u go dey download radio way no fit work offline, smh, see na u b d problem not the phone
Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by RealEzee(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2019
go n download NextRadio, e dey work offline
Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by grafixdon: 4:05pm On May 05, 2019
RealEzee:
hmmm u sure say u know how to use smart phone ni, how u go dey download radio way no fit work offline, smh, see na u b d problem not the phone

If you don't have anything reasonable to say you better keep quite. Nobody ask for your opinion. I downloadd more than 10 radio apps, even when the developers says offline, u still need internet to use it. Many junk apps on playstore. You're saying I don't know how to use phone. Don't insult me
Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by grafixdon: 4:06pm On May 05, 2019
RealEzee:
go n download NextRadio, e dey work offline

Is this the app?

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by ddjay: 4:19pm On May 05, 2019
grafixdon:

Thank you jare.
Any andriod one you see is stock Android, just Google apps only. The reason for this is to enable google to easily upgrade the phone from andriod os to another, but skinned android os are manufacturer dependent and not all manufacturers will want to spend resources in testing a new Android os, they rather make another phone with the new os. So once you get Android one, you get back to playstore and add what you want, you may need to google search (or use nairaland) to easily get reviews of such apps before heading back to playstore

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 05, 2019
fuckboys:
Dude is on stock AOSP ROM and he's making noise, I use only stock AOSP ROMs on my Android devices. Very fast and you customize to your taste. cheesy

Start by going to playtore and download everything Google,
. Calendar gallery, contact, phonebook, music, fiiemanager, gcam

You've got a beast on your hands bro with no bloatwares to eat up your RAM and CPU cheesy
So 3gig ram is not 2.89?
Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by RealEzee(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2019
grafixdon:

Is this the app?
see my own
Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by RealEzee(m): 6:11pm On May 05, 2019
RealEzee:
see my own
Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by RealEzee(m): 6:13pm On May 05, 2019
RealEzee:
see my own
mine got a blue black background with a mast as d icon, finding it difficult uploading the Pic for u to see
Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by grafixdon: 6:14pm On May 05, 2019
RealEzee:
mine got a blue black background with a mast as d icon, finding it difficult uploading the Pic for u to see

This? Unfortunately not available in my country

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by grafixdon: 6:23pm On May 05, 2019
I even tried to install the apk version, see what I got

Re: Xiaomi MI A2 Is Almost Useless Phone by RealEzee(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2019
grafixdon:

This? Unfortunately not available in my country
I think that the same tin it said but I went ahead n download it then manually searched for stations and I use it till date. tho one feature I miss is the record part, one can't record stuff on d radio

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphone 14 Users Bragging About Satellite SOS Feature Lol (PHOTO) / Mtn Wap Configuration Needed / Football Manager 2015 Handheld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.