Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/05/19 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/05/19 (171 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/05/2021 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/05/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/05/18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/05/19 by WildChild00(m): 9:57pm On May 04, 2019
https://www.openheavensdaily.com/2019/05/divine-investment-open-heaven-6-may-2019.html
Open Heaven 6 May 2019: [Monday] Daily Devotional By Pastor E.A Adeboye – Divine Investment
DIVINE INVESTMENT – Monday May 6th 2019
Memorise: The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself. Proverbs 11:25
Read: Hebrews 11:17-19 (KJV)
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
Read: Malachi 3:8-12 (KJV)
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
Bible in one year: Exodus 4-6, Jeremiah 31:15-30, Hymnal: Sing hymn 4
Our God is a God of principles, and He runs the universe by the principles He has established. Understanding these principles is key to living a blessed life. One of God’s principles is the principle of obtaining a harvest after a period of sowing, while another is that whatsoever a man sows is what he will reap (Genesis 8:22, Galatians 6:7). Based on these two principles, whenever God wants to bless a fellow, He creates an opportunity for the fellow to give up something precious as a seed sown into the fertile soil of His kingdom. Such divinely organised investment opportunities must be grabbed with both hands. When God wanted to bless Abraham and make him a mighty nation, He asked Him to sacrifice his only son to Him. After Abraham passed the test, he received an everlasting promise of greatness (Genesis 22:16-17).

Those who want to get the results that Abraham got must be ready to do the works that Abraham did. It is ironic to hear people sing “Abraham’s blessing are mine” or claim to be Abraham’s children, and yet refuse to do the works of Abraham. The Lord’s said in John 8:39b:

Malachi 3:8-12 contains a divine investment opportunity which Abraham himself embraced. He and his descendants did this by faith, even before the Law of Moses was given (Genesis 14:18-20, Genesis 28:22). Today, this same investment opportunity is still open to all of God’s obedient children who desire to receive great blessings from Him. When I was confronted with the principle of tithing as I was growing in faith, I found it difficult to understand it as a divine investment opportunity, until I eventually learnt my lesson in a painstaking way. I discovered that my financial problems persisted even though I was not paying tithes, to the extent that I used to borrow money from my driver to buy fuel into my car before my next salary was paid. However, immediately I realised that God was only setting His children up for blessings through tithing, I knew myself headlong into it. Before long, I stopped borrowing money and eventually had enough to build my first house. When God says “Give”, it is because He wants us to receive (Luke 6:38). Years ago, when we were preparing for our annual

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/05/19 / The Game Of Life / Whats The Best Way To Pay Tithe? HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.