Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads (30224 Views)

Nathaniel Samuel: How I Got The Bomb I Took To Winners Chapel Church In Kaduna / Nate Sam (MC Focus): Kaduna Winners Chapel Suicide Bomber's Facebook Name / Mohammed Nasiru Sani Is Winners Chapel Suicide Bomber's Name, Not Nathaniel- FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by reservd(m): 3:44pm On May 05, 2019
That church has been a blessing to ota and it's environs, I wonder what would hv bcom that area in terms of road accessibility and electricity via transformer donations if winners wasn't there

1 Like

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by flourishing247: 3:44pm On May 05, 2019
In Nigeria i understand there's a law against private sector repairing roads. I have heard about it severally. It's just pure nonsense
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Acidosis(m): 3:47pm On May 05, 2019
Hopeless country; satanic leaders; indolent and poverty-loving citizens.

A massive protest is currently ongoing in Venezuela but our people here are too comfortable with systemic corruption.

Four years from today, we will all go out again f00ling ourselves with a senseless democratic exercise.

We forget that voting will never solve any of Nigeria's problems; only protests can (I'm not talking about the senseless 2baba or charly boy's hungry men protests).

1 Like

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by OhiOfIhima: 3:49pm On May 05, 2019
HigherEd:
The Nigerian govt is an expert organization in bringing suffering to the masses. It's like they enjoy it when the people suffer, so that they can come around and promise to give them these basic things in exchange for votes.

Or why do you think Ondo state government frustrated Dangote's effort to build a refinery in Araromi. A refinery that would have generated 300,000 jobs for the citizens of the states. That refinery would have unprecedented economic development and soar ondo igr even ahead of Ogun state. But all that has been lost to Lagos.

Are u serious? How could a govt of a state so cruel n heartless to her citizens.

This is a huge lost to the people of Ondo. It would have been a suitable place for that massive project.

May God have mercy on the commoners in dis country.

4 Likes

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by farem: 3:49pm On May 05, 2019
barojana:
Voice Of The Church Publication

It is very strange that despite the economic viability and importance of Ota and it's environs, the Ogun state government has left this area's infrastructure largely unattended to. This is reason why many stakeholders within this community are quite bewildered or embittered with government's insistence that Living Faith church headed by Bishop David Oyedepo should not tar the road of those communities as it wasn't a Church's business to tar roads.

The Ogun state governments have over the years demanded that the Church should instead pay the Government and then leave construction for government contractors. However, knowing the corruption precedence of Nigerian states, the church has never been comfortable with that idea. Another reason is because there is so much variance in the amount the Church and the Govt budgeted for those same projects.

While the govt budgeted $40 million for the same roads, the Living Faith Church budgeted $5 million at the same time insisting $5 million would be enough to get the work done in those communities.

According to Leke Beecroft of Church Gist
"The Chinese Construction Company, contracted by the Ogun State Government led by Senator Ibikunle Amosun has played a major role in fixing the stretch of road but for unspecified reasons had left some parts of it like the Oju-Ore Junction,Roundabout untouched. This had led to hours of heavy traffic for all users of the road.

it will be recalled that a few years ago, the Ogun State Government under the leadership of Otuba Gbenga Daniel had prevented and even arrested and charged to court the church's Direct Labour Workers. The Ogun Government stopped the church from fixing the said road which leads to establishments like the Honda Training School and football pitch, Indomie Noodles Factory, Obasanjo Farms, The Bells University and Bells Secondary School (owned by Former President Obasanjo), Canaanland's Covenant University, Faith City's Crawford University and many banks among others, insisting it was not the business of the church which had earmarked about #560 million (about $5 million at the time)

The State Government had budgeted #4.4billion ($40 million) to fix the same road.

The Church has also decided to grade all inland areas around the locality of the church to help road users around the area ply their vehicles on these roads and this road grading project alone runs into tens of millions."

NB: One of the two lanes at the Oju-Ore Junction being repaired by the Church years back.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=442158363217945&id=226796954754088

Lalasticlala

Photo Credit: Churchgist

There is a road that leads to redeem church big auditorium (I don't think it's asese).
The local Chief of that community, I was reliably informed, insisted that redeemed church must first pay them 10millon naira before they will be allowed to work on the road.
I mean this is a church that it's people will use the road for less than four days in a month o, the community people will be the grandest beneficiaries

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 05, 2019
deji17:

Is Gbenga Daniel not a PDP Governor? Is Oyedepo not a disguised PDP member? Abegii Call a spade a spade.
By the time politicians are done with you, nobody will make you understand that our collective problem in this country are those politicians you support.
APC=PDP.

3 Likes

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by kayjay69(m): 3:51pm On May 05, 2019
You - Very brainless motherf***ing cretin worm.

What does what you have posted have to do with what is being discussed. Very clearly, you are one of the people who cannot clearly identify the real issue in the topic being discussed. You just import your stupidity and ignorance in everything.
deji17:
Gbenga Daniel - PDP Governor.
Today, Oyedepo is a disguised PDP member

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by 9gerian: 3:53pm On May 05, 2019
Winners $5m against the government’s $40m for the same road construction

So all those stories about inflating contract sums are true. A whooping 700% over-invoice shocked
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by skentelelady(f): 3:57pm On May 05, 2019
HigherEd:
The Nigerian govt is an expert organization in bringing suffering to the masses. It's like they enjoy it when the people suffer, so that they can come around and promise to give them these basic things in exchange for votes.

Or why do you think Ondo state government frustrated Dangote's effort to build a refinery in Araromi. A refinery that would have generated 300,000 jobs for the citizens of the states. That refinery would have unprecedented economic development and soar ondo igr even ahead of Ogun state. But all that has been lost to Lagos.

I don't like to always remember how mimiko destroyed the plan of dangote refinery coming to ondo state just because of few millions royalty. Each time I do, I curse him and his generation. Imagine how the state would have developed if we had that refinery after most industries in ondo state have been shut down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by masseratti: 3:59pm On May 05, 2019
barojana:

I'm from Ogun but I wish that refinery was built in Ondo. So we can have an even distribution of wealth in the south west. Ogun and Lagos are already doing averagely well, Ondo could have picked up this refinery and start pushing development upward into Ekiti... Oh well
its not late, odua investment can start his own there, dangote is a private business
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by omoteacher(m): 4:10pm On May 05, 2019
barojana:

I'm from Ogun but I wish that refinery was built in Ondo. So we can have an even distribution of wealth in the south west. Ogun and Lagos are already doing averagely well, Ondo could have picked up this refinery and start pushing development upward into Ekiti... Oh well
shocked shocked shocked

Good input bro, that's why I keep asking "what do they always discuss among themselves in that yeye Governors forum"? Our rulers are just educated but none thinks positively, only thing on their wicked minds is just embezzlement. It's sad being a Nigerian in Nigeria. I only pity the average earners among us.

1 Like

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Bulusc: 4:10pm On May 05, 2019
Up Living Faith Church,God will continue to bless you.

1 Like

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Legendguru: 4:15pm On May 05, 2019
hmmm
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 05, 2019
If private citizens are allowed to construct roads it will expose the corruption in govt road projects. I once spoke to an expat ex JB engineer who told me the actual average cost per kilometer of roads in Nigeria....I was shocked at how much we are overcharged for roads!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Darevofpeace(m): 4:26pm On May 05, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Where are the "Churches don't contribute to society, they only milk their own gullible and members" and "Churches should build industries" Crew
They would never comment now, from the. biblical account till date,the Church would bail out the whole pained World as it were at present.
These would separate the End Time church Army as the repairer of all broken edges,adding value to the downtrodden of the earth.
Bringing joyfulness to the sad human and Restoration of the true dignity to humanity.
The definition of Christianity is "love for God and compassionate heart to see humanity more prosperous"
All others are less important. This is the only way to unite the Church of Christ and fight the devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by SKYQUEST(m): 4:32pm On May 05, 2019
Sometimes, it looks like we are really cursed in this country!
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Btruth: 4:35pm On May 05, 2019
.......when I told someone that Amosu is not better than the former governor, dem say naa lie I dey talk.

1 Like

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Xano(m): 4:43pm On May 05, 2019
post=78125340:
My people perish for lack of knowledge!

You read the info, but this is your reply to it.

One of those diabolic beings who see evil, but are incapable to say the truth.

2 Likes

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Xano(m): 4:48pm On May 05, 2019
isthatso:
If private citizens are allowed to construct roads it will expose the corruption in govt road projects. I once spoke to an expat ex JB engineer who told me the actual average cost per kilometer of roads in Nigeria....I was shocked at how much we are overcharged for roads!!!

You are right.

I've witnessed over-variation of government contracts. It's sickening and evil.
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Abimbola29(m): 4:55pm On May 05, 2019
the Ogun state matter tire me,from Agbara to Atun is a death trap,very bad,at Igbesa some market was demolished just because the contractors wanted to make a head bridge, that pullers of the said bridge has not been completed for almost 2 years now,with all does factory paying millions as tax per month .may Almighty deliver us all
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Majesticniyi(m): 4:59pm On May 05, 2019
That's how my former company (a multinational) decided to construct the bad stretch of roads causing accidents along the Ibadan-Ife road leading to and from the Plant. They started the first patch and the local government started causing trouble. The company had to abandon the other parts of the project. If no be say I be dey involved, I for say na lie. Nigeria is cursed with bad governance and underdevelopment.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by ecclize: 5:01pm On May 05, 2019
That was impossible years back b'coz they have no backing of the law... As strange as it might sound...
But earlier this year i think Buhari signed into law something like that whereby non-govermental organization can construct govt. Roads
but nawa for our leaders o...
Can this country ever be good?

1 Like

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Injiggerwolf(m): 5:03pm On May 05, 2019
Let's stop tagging the loop hole as governmental entities like Nigeria govt. , Ondo State Govt. etc, let's get it started by calling their names not Nigerian Govt.

Anyone can hide under Nig Govt.

Once we started calling out whom is/was responsible.....then it can effect integrity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by mabea: 5:03pm On May 05, 2019
2special:
Also Lotto road,the road leading to the old auditorium, when Redeem church wanted to construct the road the indigenes ask baba Adeboye to dash them money first,before he start any work on the road,if you don't believe go there and ask
There's also another road at olowotedo bustop orimerunmu, the indigenes demanded for money from the chinese company that wanted to build it, now the road is really bad. Like govt like the people.

3 Likes

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by careidon: 5:14pm On May 05, 2019
They are ruled by GREED. And they are beastly in nature.
Fela called them beasts of no nation & some said & tot he was the mad man. But no, he's proven right now.

They derive joy seeing needless waste of time to traffic jams; accidents ; losses to mechanics in fact general stress to us.

See list of FG approved road rehabilitation projects blw. https://www.nairaland.com/5169717/fg-approves-contracts-construction-rehabilitation/1#78127811

Question is how much a new road if 4km needs almost N2b and 12 months to complete just rehabilitation?
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Sammyimpostor: 5:22pm On May 05, 2019
That freezer boy will not see this.
Very useless government
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 05, 2019
Sammyimpostor:
That freezer boy will not see this.
Very useless government
This is what Daddy Freeze should focus on with his platform,instead he will be disturbing pastors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by buharitill2023: 5:43pm On May 05, 2019
hisgrace090:
Very soon Nigerians will start importing leaders from abroad.

5million dollars church budget of the road against 45million state govt budget how can this people achieve anything meaningfully for the nation?
I know you will not bother to read,
it was pdp corrupt govt who increased the cost.
Re: How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads by essenceplus: 6:21pm On May 05, 2019
if they wont blow trumpet after such repairs this peoples wont be irritated

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Wike Halted Impeachment Plot Against Governor Fubara / Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid / Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.