Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:53 AM

Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts (8851 Views)

Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) / 2019/2020 Fuoye Admission (Federal University Oye-Ekiti Latest Admission Thread) / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Achieverzy: 7:51am On May 05, 2019
The 2018 graduates of the Federal University Oye Ekiti are set to protest failure of the university management to issue them transcripts more than a year after graduation.

The document is a copy of a student’s permanent academic record, which usually means all courses taken and all grades received by a student from the first day of school to the final semester.

Our correspondent gathered that efforts made by the graduates to get their transcripts have been neglected by authority on several occasions.

Speaking with out reporter in anonymity, a graduate of Microbiology said the delay resulted in the forfeiture of a scholarship for his Masters programme abroad, an opportunity many graduates seek.

“I have applied for my transcript for over a year and three weeks now. I applied on the 14th of April, 2018 after paying the sum of N10000. I was awarded a scholarship outside the country and I needed my transcript to register. Because the transcript was not released and has still not been released, I had to forfeit the scholarship. I now need it direly to register for my Masters program here in Nigeria and it has still not been released.”

A source in the university told this newspaper that “the school has not issued certificates yet. Certificates should be awarded during the convocation ceremony but statement of result which should last for two years was issued in place of the certificate. There is no news of a convocation holding anytime soon though there are two sets on ground waiting to be convoked”, he lamented.

Another graduate of Theatre and Media Arts who chose anonymosity for the fear of victimization said, “I wrote my final paper in 2017, I did my final project defense in 2017, the session ended in October, 2017. My statement of result says January, 2018. Why?”

“We have not been convoked. Without convocation, there is no certificate. Some recently applied for letters of attestation and they have not gotten it till now.”

He further said, “While some schools give out transcripts for free or require a token of N3000, we are required to pay N10000 for local transfer and N5000 for a student’s copy. Those who want to further their education outside the country have to pay N50000 for the transcript.

“I need my transcript to register for my Masters program which will close at the end of the week. I applied for my transcript in March, paid the required sum for it and have still not gotten it.

“I woke up on Monday morning and prepared to go to school only to hear that the students are protesting and the gates are closed. What is the hope of getting the said transcript before the end of the week when the registration ends? What happens to the N16,100 I used in procuring the Masters form. What do I do next?”

He said that the school is being unfair to the students. Those who want to move on cannot move on after graduating with good grades. He said some of them have been going and coming for months just to get the transcripts.

“Some got scholarships abroad but it got terminated when they were not able to provide transcripts. Some have money to further their studies abroad but they can’t because they have no transcripts. Some of us who are trying to further our education here can’t do that after almost two years because we lack transcripts. It’s quite disheartening and sad.

PLO Lumumba said: “The people with ideas have no power and the people with power have no ideas.’ That is very true. Not everything requires protests. They should know what they should do without being chased about for it.”

A two weeks break has been suggested by the school management and the school is expected to resume back on the 14th of May if the suggestion is accepted. The aggreived graduates have threatened to embark on a protest of their own if nothing is done to address their issue before the school decides on a break.

Speaking with Godfrey Bakji, the school’s PRO, he said, “You may recall that the three month strike of ASUU caused a serious set back to a lot of academic calendars aside from peculiar internal issues. The institution barely submitted the list for NYSC enrollment.

The institution is working hard to ensure that such demands and others are met within the shortest possible time. FUOYE however regrets all the inconveniences occasioned by this unintentional delay.

https://www.westafricareporters.com/ekiti-varsity-graduates-decry-delay-in-issuance-of-transcripts-by-iretomiwa-dele-yusuff/

1 Like

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 05, 2019
cc: lalasticlala move this. This menace has to stop
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by kaen1317: 7:09pm On May 05, 2019
Nigeria with her systemic problems

1 Like

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by ShawnMcJoe: 7:10pm On May 05, 2019
One chance university.
Why come to nairaland to complain ?
Please petition their assess !
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by akinbode1(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2019
This can only happen in banana republic of Nigeria!!!!!!
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by DVMtuppence(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2019
Eeyah,not a good one
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by KingLennon(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2019
The look on your face when you are a student of that same university and you're just in year 1 grin....Start to calaculate when yours will be out

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by ofiko123(m): 7:15pm On May 05, 2019
School in Nigeria na scam..
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 05, 2019
Useless country
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by brainhgeek(m): 7:16pm On May 05, 2019
Achieverzy:
The 2018 graduates of the Federal University Oye Ekiti are set to protest failure of the university management to issue them transcripts more than a year after graduation.

The document is a copy of a student’s permanent academic record, which usually means all courses taken and all grades received by a student from the first day of school to the final semester.

Our correspondent gathered that efforts made by the graduates to get their transcripts have been neglected by authority on several occasions.

Speaking with out reporter in anonymity, a graduate of Microbiology said the delay resulted in the forfeiture of a scholarship for his Masters programme abroad, an opportunity many graduates seek.

“I have applied for my transcript for over a year and three weeks now. I applied on the 14th of April, 2018 after paying the sum of N10000. I was awarded a scholarship outside the country and I needed my transcript to register. Because the transcript was not released and has still not been released, I had to forfeit the scholarship. I now need it direly to register for my Masters program here in Nigeria and it has still not been released.”

A source in the university told this newspaper that “the school has not issued certificates yet. Certificates should be awarded during the convocation ceremony but statement of result which should last for two years was issued in place of the certificate. There is no news of a convocation holding anytime soon though there are two sets on ground waiting to be convoked”, he lamented.

Another graduate of Theatre and Media Arts who chose anonymosity for the fear of victimization said, “I wrote my final paper in 2017, I did my final project defense in 2017, the session ended in October, 2017. My statement of result says January, 2018. Why?”

“We have not been convoked. Without convocation, there is no certificate. Some recently applied for letters of attestation and they have not gotten it till now.”

He further said, “While some schools give out transcripts for free or require a token of N3000, we are required to pay N10000 for local transfer and N5000 for a student’s copy. Those who want to further their education outside the country have to pay N50000 for the transcript.

“I need my transcript to register for my Masters program which will close at the end of the week. I applied for my transcript in March, paid the required sum for it and have still not gotten it.

“I woke up on Monday morning and prepared to go to school only to hear that the students are protesting and the gates are closed. What is the hope of getting the said transcript before the end of the week when the registration ends? What happens to the N16,100 I used in procuring the Masters form. What do I do next?”

He said that the school is being unfair to the students. Those who want to move on cannot move on after graduating with good grades. He said some of them have been going and coming for months just to get the transcripts.

“Some got scholarships abroad but it got terminated when they were not able to provide transcripts. Some have money to further their studies abroad but they can’t because they have no transcripts. Some of us who are trying to further our education here can’t do that after almost two years because we lack transcripts. It’s quite disheartening and sad.

PLO Lumumba said: “The people with ideas have no power and the people with power have no ideas.’ That is very true. Not everything requires protests. They should know what they should do without being chased about for it.”

A two weeks break has been suggested by the school management and the school is expected to resume back on the 14th of May if the suggestion is accepted. The aggreived graduates have threatened to embark on a protest of their own if nothing is done to address their issue before the school decides on a break.

Speaking with Godfrey Bakji, the school’s PRO, he said, “You may recall that the three month strike of ASUU caused a serious set back to a lot of academic calendars aside from peculiar internal issues. The institution barely submitted the list for NYSC enrollment.

The institution is working hard to ensure that such demands and others are met within the shortest possible time. FUOYE however regrets all the inconveniences occasioned by this unintentional delay.

https://www.westafricareporters.com/ekiti-varsity-graduates-decry-delay-in-issuance-of-transcripts-by-iretomiwa-dele-yusuff/

OOU leads on this matter. My wife has paid for her transcript since last year and till date, it is story.
I understand it's their tradition to collect money for transcript and waste people's destiny. I have a plan for them however

1 Like

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by vioment: 7:17pm On May 05, 2019
If somebody ask you which school you go for naija, na just to gauge whether your suffer been pass dem own. Nigerian universities are suffer grounds. Universities where street knowledge pass academic knowledge, dat one na school?

Chairman/woman, lick your wounds, nigeria universities don't have anything to offer you. Most times, it's really not the universities fault, it is borne out of a long term of neglect, sorting to pass norms, power supply issues, and just mass disregard.

Go and self educate or partner educate. All those years for suffering ground all for nothing.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Nukilia: 7:19pm On May 05, 2019
What a useless institution!

Incompetence is embedded in the DNA of the Nigerian system...
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by bobokunlexzy: 7:20pm On May 05, 2019
Honestly, everything wasn't standardized properly before they commenced operations. Imagine this kind of issues in a Federal University.
Prospecting admission seekers should peruse the history of their choice institutions b4 embarking on picking it in UTME oooo.....& if it's too late, change of institution is still there b4 it's finally too late.
Some of them will even be regretting why they haven't choose the State University in the state.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by toprealman: 7:21pm On May 05, 2019
ShawnMcJoe:
One chance university.
Why come to nairaland to complain ?
Please petition their assess !
no crime in him sharing his ordeal here.....we are in this fine mess together
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Achieverzy: 7:27pm On May 05, 2019
brainhgeek:

OOU leads on this matter. My wife has paid for her transcript since last year and till date, it is story.
I understand it's their tradition to collect money for transcript and waste people's destiny. I have a plan for them however
its really becoming a serious issue that needs to be addressed
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Sabaru21(m): 7:51pm On May 05, 2019
brainhgeek:

which is?
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by OreoPaschal(m): 8:16pm On May 05, 2019
This is the same issue I am facing right now. cry cry cry
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by sureboy1018(m): 8:19pm On May 05, 2019
Las las school na scam
This useless fuoye sabi money pass anything[b][/b] cool
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by vonlogon: 8:24pm On May 05, 2019
This is the core reason you will never see a Nigerian university advertising itself for international patronage, he problem is that they are so disorganized that to get your records (which they generated by themselves) will take long with all the going from one department to the other to scavenge your dismembered records. If they see a letter from a lawyer they will respond faster.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Achieverzy: 8:58pm On May 05, 2019
bobokunlexzy:
Honestly, everything wasn't standardized properly before they commenced operations. Imagine this kind of issues in a Federal University.
Prospecting admission seekers should peruse the history of their choice institutions b4 embarking on picking it in UTME oooo.....& if it's too late, change of institution is still there b4 it's finally too late.
Some of them will even be regretting why they haven't choose the State University in the state.
Don't even mention that one..its worse in multiple folds
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Achieverzy: 9:05pm On May 05, 2019
vonlogon:
This is the core reason you will never see a Nigerian university advertising itself for international patronage, he problem is that they are so disorganized that to get your records (which they generated by themselves) will take long with all the going from one department to the other to scavenge your dismembered records. If they see a letter from a lawyer they will respond faster.
lmao
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by dehi: 9:35pm On May 05, 2019
Your own school is even good
My stupid school
Ambrose Alli university
Don't give transcript to students....
We usually have to go extra mile to get it
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Ndipe(m): 10:53pm On May 05, 2019
Took me three years to gwt my transcript from Uniuyo.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Mires: 11:15pm On May 05, 2019
Give it to UNN on this. The only university in Nigeria where you don't need to visit the school to have your transcript mailed to any institution of your choice within three days of payment. Just a matter of being in the comfort of your bedroom with internet and you are good to go in three days. Life made easy. But some years ago, it was hell on earth in the same institution. Thanks to Prof Bartho Okoro

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Bussy23(m): 11:23pm On May 05, 2019
Sadist full that school wella, lack of love for humanity and extortion of students, Nigeria have a long way to go when it's comes to education.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by Asking: 11:56pm On May 05, 2019
Does it really work?
Mires:
Give it to UNN on this. The only university in Nigeria where you don't need to visit the school to have your transcript mailed to any institution of your choice within three days of payment. Just a matter of being in the comfort of your bedroom with internet and you are good to go in three days. Life made easy. But some years ago, it was hell on earth in the same institution. Thanks to Prof Bartho Okoro
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by BrokenCock: 12:18am On May 06, 2019
That's how Govt schools in Nigeria are, no be say na free education u do ooh!
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts by bnt: 12:25am On May 06, 2019
The worst school in Nigeria in terms of transcript preparation is Benue State University, Makurdi

(1) (2) (Reply)

RIVERS STATE POLYTECHNIC BORI, HND AND PRE-ND FORM 2010-2011 SESSION / We Have Not Been Informed Of Any Increments - ASUU Chair, Osodeke / Kenyan Man’s Manhood Moves To His Knees After Sleeping With Someone’s Wife(photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.