Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,578 members, 7,801,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Cardinal Onaiyekan Said Any African Leader Whose Citizens Migrate Should Resign - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Onaiyekan Said Any African Leader Whose Citizens Migrate Should Resign (199 Views)

Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja / Cardinal John Onaiyekan Retires As Archbishop Of Abuja / "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Said Any African Leader Whose Citizens Migrate Should Resign by Gistok4: 8:03am On May 05, 2019
The Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, has said that he would not hesitate to resign if he were president of a country whose citizens are anxious about migration.

According to him, it is a sign that leaders have failed ‘If you live in a nation where your young people are telling you it is better living elsewhere.”

Onaiyekan made the declaration at a press briefing in Abuja, in preparation for a two-day conference being organized by Catholic Church on the irregular migration of Nigerians scheduled for next week.

He said: “Authorities should make Nigeria home. Same should apply to other African countries. Nigerians and other Africans should travel out of their country freely with dignity and respect, and not otherwise.

“These days, you hear some young Nigerians insisting that the pastures are greener elsewhere even when it is not. If you live in a nation where your young people are telling you it is better living abroad, then it is a sign of failure of leadership of such a society.

“If I were to the president of such nation, I will not hesitate to resign if I continue to hear such a statement from my younger generation.

“I recalled vividly as a young child in school some decades ago, I loved Nigeria and professed it openly because I was well taken care of by the government and I had a promising future. But the reverse is the case now.”

read more: https://gistok.ng/cardinal-onaiyekan-said-any-african-leader-whose-citizens-migrate-should-resign/

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan Said Any African Leader Whose Citizens Migrate Should Resign by Foxflames: 8:09am On May 05, 2019
Ftc

Yupe I agree.
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan Said Any African Leader Whose Citizens Migrate Should Resign by Rossikk(m): 7:08pm On May 08, 2019
This man must be an illiterate ignoramus.

Can someone please educate him that EMIGRATION is the oldest and most widespread of human activities. In Europe and America today, there are more Chinese people than Africans. There are more Indians there than Africans. More Pakistanis, Sri Lankans etc there than Africans.

Why doesn't he go to China and demand that Xi Jing Pin resign?

IGNORAMUS.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Revival Comes / World Christian News Update / Message To Muslim Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.