Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (6778 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / How I Built My Faith In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by EternalBeing: 3:00pm On May 12, 2019
Ruddyman:
Good one but when will you complete the story?
Now, the conclusion: The 3rd guy among my friends went for this girl, and they soon coupulated too. Only for him to return to us and told she was actually still a virgin, that he was the one that deflowered her. He said he struggled for a very long time before he could tear the hymen and enter. We also saw the blood on the be. Then, few days later this girl broke up with him too. They said it's my turn to go, and I said "go where?!". The beauty of this fair girl was just truly extra-ordinarily fascinating and irresistible, so I was considering her but also wondering. It's good to be useful for God anywhere you find yourself, one of our teachers that was trying his small effort to preach to students had a terrible dream and declared on the assembly that we should fast on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday against impending death of students in our School. Regardless of being Christians or Muslims, most of us observed the fasting; nobody wan die o! We were rudely shocked on Friday morning assembly, even before completing the fasting, when this very extremely beautiful fair girl started screaming of being tortured by Angels and started confessing. She was surrounded by teachers and taken to Staff Room. She said many things, among which was that whenever any guy wants to sleep with her, she would hijack a virgin pig's private part and put it on her own. Such that when the guy penetrates her, it's actually the pig not her. So, all my friends were busy fvcking pigs thinking they were doing the beautiful girl. Worst still, she declared that non of all the guys that have ever climes her would amount to anything meaningful in Life, as she has traded their glorious Destinies with Queen of the Coast under the Ocean. Chei!!! Come and see cry on this faithful day. Some of my school mates maybe here reading this , they would understand all the people involved in this incident. I remember that the parents of one of those my friends was rushed him to a Celestial pastor for prayers for months, one later had accident, etc. She also mentioned some other girls that I was eyeing in school as their members under the Ocean. This incident made me to deliberately go to Church for the first time and value God for giving me restraint not to have been too forward about the girl.

In conclusion, the mercy of God recently opened my eyes after Church service to see indiscribeable beings of Light, singing very sweet music and hovering around Church after Service. We've just finished a service of consecration, holiness, and very long heartfelt worship of GOD tagged in the "Beauty of Holiness" As, I emerged from Church after the Service, I was transfixed as I saw them hovering all over and around the Church. It's sealed my Love for worshipping God in purity and Holiness.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by wunmi590(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2019
Darevofpeace:
The grace might be connected to his Parents godliness.

That's true

2 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by 9jamustchange: 3:02pm On May 12, 2019
I was just thinking about the fact that Satan wanted to be like God and he premeditated dethroning God. He got more than he bargained for; he was thrown down and reserved for hell. But for man, for no merit at all, he was made in the image of God and crowned with Glory. While I was thinking about this, the scripture, 'What is man that thou art mindful of him...,' came to my mind. I didn't know where it was in the bible. I became curious wanting to find out the context that warranted the statement. So I picked up my bible and opened it. Lo and behold the first place I opened was the exact chapter where the statement was made -Psalms 8. I guess I will never forget that chapter of the bible! Indeed God is and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

4 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by 9jamustchange: 3:05pm On May 12, 2019
He faithfully healed me of a tormenting fever and in the process taught me how overcome by faith.

2 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by Bennycollins: 3:10pm On May 12, 2019
Whether we die or live, whether we are rich or poor, whether we are filled or hungry, God remains the Eternal, the Most Supreme and invincible owner of all life..
Electricboy:

well, with my past experiences of watching a loved one ,suffer and die....i don't believe in God anymore.

3 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by Muna1991(f): 3:14pm On May 12, 2019
My dear God dey ooo...my own was dat b4 I became born again,i slept one day and woke up and discovered serious nail scratches on my body..I looked at it and dismissed it but it became a serious attack..every night wen I sleep and wake up,there would be nail marks all over my body.. painful ones for dat matter..dis tin am telling u is not scratch today and again next week.. constantly and every day... sometimes in de afternoons..I could feel something scratching me and lo and behold..nails marks..my body was full of ugly marks..even my face..my skin was bad with de marks..u should see my legs..my parents did everything dey could do but to no avail..a spiritualist told dem it was an ex bf of mine dat was doing dat but I didn't bliv it..I was afflicted for more Dan 3 years..das how I ran to God and started serving him and I can say dat de Lord God has delivered me.. thank you Jesus Christ..my dear powers dey but God is de Almighty.t Hank you lord

6 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by Aceed: 5:53pm On May 12, 2019
Darevofpeace:
Another faith impacting story of mine.........

After several years of many hurtful memories, admission delay of six years,need to deal with low self esteem for ten years,failed childhood dreams.
When you feel so unfortunate among other siblings because you kind of have multiple slowness as life progresses,unrealized expectations,failed relationship of three years,bouts of carry over's as an undergraduate,your assumed best friend and roommate dating your ex. girlfriend two weeks after breakup while he did settles the fights between us then.
I was hurting real bad and my entire World seems crashing. I had emotional pains in my heart and dark memories seems to torture my mind.I begin to search for the 'meaning of life'
I myself knew this is not the life I had ever envisaged as a child.I knew life is full of unprecedented challenges but when i did cast a deep reflection of my years on earth, I saw that I had never been free of major setback's within the space of sixty day's in thirty years.
When a die hard optimist tends to feel depressed for months and all you do is to wake up at night to shed silent tears,because you seems to have lost a decade compared to what your friend had achieved,i'm not making any comparison with my friends achievement but that interval of ten years seems outrageous.
When you are not even in any relationship less of picking a wedding date when the youngest of your peers way back is already having his second child.You are been called upon by your aunties and uncle's about you settling down.Sometimes I stopped picking up there calls because I knew it is all about getting married.I had given them several excuses that my take home pay only drop me off at my bus stop,there is no excess cash to spend after paying all bill's.
After I clocked thirty I did prayed to God that I do not want to continue to live my entire life in woes, pains, bad memories and emotional damages.I also searched all scriptures and discovered that many biblical world changers started at age thirty.
Joseph became the Egyptian Prime Minister, Jesus commenced his ministry at same age,David became a king also,Joshua too,age thirty seems to be the age of a man breaking out of all 'demonic oppressions' then I knew if I do not want to die young from relating to unsettled mind and pains of unrealized goals, ambitions and dreams, I need to do something fast.
I was a Christian in all these and I am yet to renounce Jesus Christ till date, but the fact I want to point out to my readers is just that 'you would never grow into spiritual maturity' until you learn to sit,read and meditate on God's word daily.But I was too tired of repetitive failures in life and I knew I was already stucked in the journey called life.
Two weeks after my passing out as a youth corp member,I did a massive transfer of about sixty audios of Bishop David Oyedepo's teachings of the 2014 Shiloh to my phone.I am emphasizing him because right as a late teen,he had been my most admired among all the Nigerian Men of God.Bishop Oyedepo had been my 'role model'
Despite my introverted nature,I love papa so much,I keep wondering how such a man preaches like one who has authority, he is so full of confidence and he has evidence of God's faithfulness all around him,let's forget the issue of him having four private jet's as people do talk about,"when we see a Legend who had stood the test of time" let's learn to appreciate them.
Moreover,no member of his church whom I know complains about that,though I am not his church member but I have all his books in my personal library and why would I complain about the many jet's he fly's when my dad's jet is not missing (lol)
What I had discovered about this Man of God is that he simplified the bible and made Christianity seems to me as a life of 'all winning edge's' I started winning in my Christian journey when I did start to practice all his teachings.
He taught me basic financial intelligence, discovery of purpose,time management,passion exploration and a Christian having an outstanding mindset in solving daily life challenges by you having a solid understanding of the 'transformative power of God's word' in you.
I have done all unpaid advert for papa,let me keep on with my discussion.After I started to listen to all his teachings on my phone,I was so diligent to come out of all yesteryears pains so while on my way to work,the earpiece is in my ears, at office break hour,
while washing, while taking a nap,while eating,even sometimes when I am about to sleep.
I shut my self down online,and aside having to attend to things which involves other people, the moment I am left alone,I repeat the audios again with my earpiece in hand.
Unconsciously after about one year of listening to those teachings, I did not noticed that my life had picked up,I discovered that God had revisited my dark past and all unpleasant memories, I begin to feel more energized and well relaxed and I sleep soundly,along that my midnight secret tears stopped,my mind got a supernatural transformation and my words did changed.
I knew there is definitely a light on the tunnel and that the future is going to be awesome and that the light at the tunnel of life is not an oncoming train hitting me.
Even my friends, neighbour's and family seems to comment about how radiant I seems to look like,friends there is a 'healing power' in God's word and it settles all life predicaments easily.Not until I took the word of God so serious, my life was stucked.
I did write this because it was a period I would ever remember. The year was between 2015-2016 when I did listened to those teachings of papa,the funny thing was that after the period of that one year,my phone got spoilt, as a result of it falling inside water while washing when the earpiece is plugged and all that.
As I conclude,it's not that I had stopped facing more challenges, but as of today as I write, I have the wisdom and strength to know what to do to come out of all my predicament compared to been swept everywhere like the ocean waves year in year out.
What I discovered in life is that there are only three things the devil stays cleared off,the wisdom of God's word,the devil has principalities and powers but he dare not contest with the 'wisdom of God' called Jesus,the mystery behind Jesus death and redemption and your sacrificial giving to promote anything associated with Jesus Christ at anyplace you found yourself.
Many people know what to do,the only problem is that they do not know how to do it?"direction in life is the mother of all destiny transformational change "this is why African youths need at least a 'mentor' in there lives.Good morning Naija.

Can i get Papa's books from you?
Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by Harrisee(m): 7:58pm On May 12, 2019
When I remember how God gave me a job, despite my 2.2 grade. For close to a year after my service, I was unemployed. It seems spirit of rejection was around me. One day, I decided it was time for full consecration. Guess what, in less than two months, I was already in a leading company's training school. I got the job after the training and still there. God did it for me.

4 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by Ayt27(m): 9:33pm On May 12, 2019
9jamustchange:
I was just thinking about the fact that Satan wanted to be like God and he premeditated dethroning God. He got more than he bargained for; he was thrown down and reserved for hell. But for man, for no merit at all, he was made in the image of God and crowned with Glory. While I was thinking about this, the scripture, 'What is man that thou art mindful of him...,' came to my mind. I didn't know where it was in the bible. I became curious wanting to find out the context that warranted the statement. So I picked up my bible and opened it. Lo and behold the first place I opened was the exact chapter where the statement was made -Psalms 8. I guess I will never forget that chapter of the bible! Indeed God is and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

I love that verse too, " What is Man that thou art Mindful of him or the son of man that thou visitest him".
I am a big fan of David, he knew how to say words to attract the Most High God I have been blessed to taste God's pure LOVE, UNDILUTED, ETERNAL LOVE through JESUS CHRIST and I can tell you, I think it's the Love that he has for man is the reason that he is mindful of him. There really isn't any other explanation.
Why God love's man is exactly what i can still figure out yet.
If you have salvation, hang on to it like , it is the most expensive and cheapest gift man has ever received.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by Michellestark: 10:29pm On May 12, 2019
EternalBeing:

Now, the conclusion: The 3rd guy among my friends went for this girl, and they soon coupulated too. Only for him to return to us and told she was actually still a virgin, that he was the one that deflowered her. He said he struggled for a very long time before he could tear the hymen and enter. We also saw the blood on the be. Then, few days later this girl broke up with him too. They said it's my turn to go, and I said "go where?!". The beauty of this fair girl was just truly extra-ordinarily fascinating and irresistible, so I was considering her but also wondering. It's good to be useful for God anywhere you find yourself, one of our teachers that was trying his small effort to preach to students had a terrible dream and declared on the assembly that we should fast on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday against impending death of students in our School. Regardless of being Christians or Muslims, most of us observed the fasting; nobody wan die o! We were rudely shocked on Friday morning assembly, even before completing the fasting, when this very extremely beautiful fair girl started screaming of being tortured by Angels and started confessing. She was surrounded by teachers and taken to Staff Room. She said many things, among which was that whenever any guy wants to sleep with her, she would hijack a virgin pig's private part and put it on her own. Such that when the guy penetrates her, it's actually the pig not her. So, all my friends were busy fvcking pigs thinking they were doing the beautiful girl. Worst still, she declared that non of all the guys that have ever climes her would amount to anything meaningful in Life, as she has traded their glorious Destinies with Queen of the Coast under the Ocean. Chei!!! Come and see cry on this faithful day. Some of my school mates maybe here reading this , they would understand all the people involved in this incident. I remember that the parents of one of those my friends was rushed him to a Celestial pastor for prayers for months, one later had accident, etc. She also mentioned some other girls that I was eyeing in school as their members under the Ocean. This incident made me to deliberately go to Church for the first time and value God for giving me restraint not to have been too forward about the girl.

In conclusion, the mercy of God recently opened my eyes after Church service to see indiscribeable beings of Light, singing very sweet music and hovering around Church after Service. We've just finished a service of consecration, holiness, and very long heartfelt worship of GOD tagged in the "Beauty of Holiness" As, I emerged from Church after the Service, I was transfixed as I saw them hovering all over and around the Church. It's sealed my Love for worshipping God in purity and Holiness.

shuuuuooo

Do pigs get deflowered?

Which church do you attend?
Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by ccollins(m): 11:16pm On May 12, 2019
GboyegaD:
God has shown up many times than I can write. One of the things I have learned over the years is when it seems there is no other option and I look up to him, He shows up.
you don't wait till you run out of options, make Jesus your first love and choice so you can receive the promises of Abraham-galatians chapter 3

2 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:42am On May 13, 2019
Very inspiring. Mine was divine healing. Others are God speaking to me to give me direction, (I don't want to go into details of the different ways He speaks). I have seen God fought battles for me in this cruel world. I am still trying to mould myself into a total description of what ist Timothy2:9 says, or biblical description of virtuous woman, but it's not easy. It's not easy to tolerate the excesses of people, be submissive, dress moderately, etc etc etc etc etc, there is so much of it, that makes me wonder if I will get there, but I pray I will. As a modern lady who uses jewelries, trousers, dress well, good hair, look good, (though moderately) the issue is that my inner mind seems to warn me that jewelry, attachment, stunning clothes, etc, are all not allowed for a real born again lady. At my young age I don't know how to begin going plain and dull with my appearance, but am sure that far into the future when am near old age, I will have the grace to dump jewelries and good looks, so help me God. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by MistadeRegal(m): 1:41am On May 14, 2019
So many. Dreams and realities.
Miraculous saving from several deaths, revelations… just too many.

2 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by Mohammedekete: 2:43am On May 14, 2019
Help a sister going for a surgery...3069519393 first bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by crunchyg: 8:38pm On May 16, 2019
Muna1991:
My dear God dey ooo...my own was dat b4 I became born again,i slept one day and woke up and discovered serious nail scratches on my body..I looked at it and dismissed it but it became a serious attack..every night wen I sleep and wake up,there would be nail marks all over my body.. painful ones for dat matter..dis tin am telling u is not scratch today and again next week.. constantly and every day... sometimes in de afternoons..I could feel something scratching me and lo and behold..nails marks..my body was full of ugly marks..even my face..my skin was bad with de marks..u should see my legs..my parents did everything dey could do but to no avail..a spiritualist told dem it was an ex bf of mine dat was doing dat but I didn't bliv it..I was afflicted for more Dan 3 years..das how I ran to God and started serving him and I can say dat de Lord God has delivered me.. thank you Jesus Christ..my dear powers dey but God is de Almighty.t Hank you lord
Wow you story just stired up something in me, thank God that you now in Christ

2 Likes

Re: What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? by Darevofpeace(m): 6:17am On May 18, 2019
Aceed:

Can i get Papa's books from you?
Winners Church hardly put there books online.Download the Winners chapel APP at Google playstore where you can listen to all there online sermons and download all there books.You can buy those books from any Winners Church bookstore.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Style Prayer - Is It Effective? / Are Black Africans The Descendants Of Ham? / What Is Your Best Bible Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.