Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

12 Hottest Phone Photography Tips: How To Get Better Photos With Your Phone 2019 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 12 Hottest Phone Photography Tips: How To Get Better Photos With Your Phone 2019 (321 Views)

If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. / How To Get Better Sleep During Travel / I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Hottest Phone Photography Tips: How To Get Better Photos With Your Phone 2019 by Tonydoo: 1:43pm On May 05, 2019
They say the best camera is the one you have with you, and for most of us, that’s our cell phone. I know I don’t carry around my Canon Cameras when I’m out running errands or having dinner. But I usually have my phone. So if I see an interesting subject, or something grabs my eye, I take a photo with my phone.
12 Hottest Phone Photography Tips: How To Get Better Photos With Your Phone 2019 Tips That Never Fail

This article is a result of questions and requests I often get from people on my photography tours and workshops. The issue is mobile phone photography and how to take better images with this handy device.

So here are 12 quick tips, and links out to some other related articles that apply to ANY camera, that will help you improve your phone photography.

12 Mobile Phone Photography Tips
#1 – Get closer – do NOT zoom
This is a two-part tip but they both happen simultaneously. The biggest thing you can do for better mobile phone photography is to get closer to your subject without using the built-in zoom. So that means you’ll need to move your butt! I also talk about getting close in order to simplify your image. Less is more!

#2 – Use a Pro Camera app
Some mobile phones have a built-in Pro function for the camera. I have a Samsung S7 and this option is easily accessed with a quick left swipe when the camera is opened. If your phone doesn’t have this feature, look for an app that is compatible with that model.
What you want is an app that will allow you to make choices for your camera settings just as you would with a DSLR; such as selecting the aperture, white balance, and exposure compensation. Check the reviews and ratings and try a few out until you find one that you like.

#3 – Find good light
If you’ve been reading my articles here for any length of time you know I’m passionate about good light. But what is that and how do you use it for your phone photography? Here are a few simple ideas to get you started.

First, try backlighting your subject. This will give you a dynamic look to the image with either a sunny outline around your subject, or create a silhouette.

Second, look for side lighting or cross light on your subject. Light coming from the side at an angle will bring out any texture in the subject and add depth and dimension to your images. It’s one thing for the subject to have texture, it’s another for you to highlight it and make it stand out in the image. Soft flat light will make even the bumpiest, gnarliest tree bark seem 2-dimensional.

Click to see other 9 Tips on How To Get Better Photos With Your Phone Any Day Any Time > http:///2uHLMeT

CC: @tosyn2much
@lalasticlala
@ishilove
@seun

(1) (Reply)

.. / Maseko,Who Was Set To Be First Black African In Space,Dies In Motorbike Crash / Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.