Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) (60609 Views)

How Does Buhari Feel When He Returns From Japan To The Poverty Capital / "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital / Nigeria Is Now The Poverty Capital Of The World- Theresa May British PM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Nobody: 9:46am On May 06, 2019
the shithole is a bad joke!

only a bloody revolt can salvage it.

2 Likes

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Acidosis(m): 9:51am On May 06, 2019
rhythyson:

[s]Yaya Bello house was 75% completed before he became governor.
[/s]

By the way where did Dino steal from?

Free them abeg!

Go huzzle ya own

Which of the houses? The one in Okene or Asokoro?

Yahaya Bello is a bloody criminal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by movetoca: 9:51am On May 06, 2019
ArchAngelos999:
you neva see anything yet. Nigerians should continue with their partisan, religious and tribal sentiments, that is the atmosphere looters need to thrive
You deserve hot pepper soup and a good bottle of wine. Everyday you see them here abusing eachother because the corrupt man is from their tribe. There's no country without tribes even China yet they managed to put it aside to build their nations. The next thing you will hear is Ipob, afonja, aboki, sai baba. Infact may poverty continue to hunt all of you that are supporting these demons based on religious or tribal sentiments. Hopeless Nigerian youth

13 Likes

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Rolly22(m): 9:52am On May 06, 2019
olawalepopoola:
Just within 4 years Yahaya don build this edifice while owning 37 months salaries arrears. OMG come and give justice to poor and helpless Nigerians. If you don't no one can

Stop Calling on God, the power is in your hands to take actions.

3 Likes

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Princedapace(m): 9:53am On May 06, 2019

UK have 24 hours light,world class healthcare(Ask your President),good road network,portable drinking water and most importantly adequate security. The Queen can own half of England as long as the country is not a failed state.

Nigerians don't care if their leaders steal-all they ask for is for is the same amenities to be provided as is obtainable in the western world. The west is not responsible for Nigerian leaders looting $380 billion dollars since 1960 according to World Bank.
http://blogs.worldbank.org/psd/nigerias-corruption-price-tag-at-380-billion

God will bless u brotherly. That has been what i keep saying. Whites didnt force black leaders to be looting their people dry. Other leaders in other countries loot too but they also make sure they provide the needs of their society.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by movetoca: 9:54am On May 06, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Remove Tinubu from your list now he make is money legally.
I knew it. I was expecting bastards like you to come and defend them based on religious and tribal sentiments. God punish your generation... legally my foot.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by paix(m): 9:55am On May 06, 2019
henryugo:
Revolution is what we need now.
But who will start it? If anything happens to a southerner, they will cry hey the northerners have killed southern people. And if the southern people kill northerners, the same cry will rave the air. The same goes for the religions, the Christians are killing Muslim or vice versa. Let's see how it goes.
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Princedapace(m): 9:56am On May 06, 2019
Rossikk:

But if they had not imposed their political stooges and foreign political systems on us, we wouldn't be seeing this nah? Before they colonised our land, we had traditional systems of govt that ensured the wealth was spread evenly across society, and looting the treasury was punishable by sacrificing the looter to a deity and banishing his family from the kingdom.

The whites came and changed all that. They said it was ''barbaric'', and gave us their OYINBO religion which said if you steal, God will forgive you if you accept Jesus as your ''personal lord and saviour''. So stealing galore started. So they are largely responsible for the confusion we are seeing here.

What WE need to do is start to reclaim ourselves and refashion how we do things using our culture and traditions as guiding principles.

It is not a coincidence that the least corrupt country in Africa - Botswana - practises a system of government that combines its traditional system of government with modern administration. They actually have a House of Chiefs as an arm of government, and it is represented in every govt deliberation, so grassroots interest are part and parcel of all government deliberations there. We need to stop running away from who we are. Our tradition is not just about wearing Aso Oke and Agbada at weddings and naming ceremonies. We must start to appreciate the practical administrative and philosophical aspects of that tradition too, and apply them to our modern life, then we will see real progress. Right now we are just a lost people in many ways.

what the whites did to us, they did in Asia too.. Unfortunately, many Asian countries have developed beyond what we can imagine. Many Asian countries were in similar situations like us many decades ago. But today, check them out. Black leaders are fools, black masses are even more stupid.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Princedapace(m): 9:57am On May 06, 2019

I agree that stealing before the whites came was minimal due to fear of instant retribution. Nigeria needs to fashion out a new form of punishment to instill fear in the nations politicians. The current democratic system has been corrupted beyond redemption, which explains why the likes of Uzor Kalu has been on trial for 12 years without a conviction.

The traditional system has also become corrupted and politised due to the influence of politicians in selecting who becomes Oba or Emir. Now Oba's are openly partisan and even call for people who are not ready to vote for their candidates "to jump in the lagoon".

The major issue the return to traditional guiding principles will not solve is materialism. The average Nigeria psyche is structured to see success in terms of how much material goods is acquired and not the impact made in society. We want to acquire more than what we need in a lifetime, which explains the reason why leaders loot more than what they can't spend in their lifetime. Why did Nigeria's past and current leaders like Abacha,IBB,OBJ,Tinubu etc loot billions of dollars or come up with schemes such as tollgates and tax collection companies to still milk the state treasury when they left power when the state already takes care of all their basic needs such as :accomodation,health,vehicle fleet etc.

Also, the tradtional guiding principles where not that wholesome. You have to remember it was this same guiding principles that resulted in our Chiefs selling us into slavery in exchange for material goods.

I need to hook up with u. U dey reason wella than many people i know of. Where u dey bro?

1 Like

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Rolly22(m): 9:59am On May 06, 2019
harsysky:
These are people who continually speak out on how they want the best for the country, and they are right. Building massive mansions where you and family live is best for a country that will always want 3k naira and be happy with your words rather than the actions of the so called politicians. We are gullible in this country. Education isn't our problem. Our overall problem in this country is that we are cursed! People who manage to leave this country tend to know that immediately they leave.

One day these politicians will push us to the wall where we would no longer take it, and that is exactly when the revolution starts.

Bros The Nigerians I know would never revolt, rather they will keep on calling on God for help.

3 Likes

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by whirlwind7(m): 10:02am On May 06, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

grin grin grin

Your village people finally used your brain to drink akamu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Princedapace(m): 10:03am On May 06, 2019
bluecircle470:

No be him talk say make una be looser for SE

fools don carry tribalism enter the matter.. The same tribalism those political elites dey use loot the country..

which region is the winner in Nigeria na? which region? Is there any region in Nigeria that can compete with a single city in South Africa? I mean, ordinary south africa..

God will heal u bro.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Princedapace(m): 10:05am On May 06, 2019
rhythyson:

Yaya Bello house was 75% completed before he became governor.

By the way where did Dino steal from?

Free them abeg!

Go huzzle ya own

U think all what these politicians need to loot is to become a governor or a senator or a president..

Go and check these guys, they have been in government in one capacity or the other.. It is crazy u said this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:06am On May 06, 2019
The rich don’t f**king care about the poor and the only way a poor person can make it to the top is %99 crime
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by OhiOfIhima: 10:06am On May 06, 2019
Acidosis:

Which of the houses? The one in Okene or Asokoro?

Yahaya Bello is a bloody criminal.

I have no idea of his Abuja home but he has become a governor before his start d Okene house.
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by mubby4real(m): 10:06am On May 06, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
How, please explain to us.
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:09am On May 06, 2019
Rolly22:

Bros The Nigerians I know would never revolt, rather they will keep on calling on God for help.
You are %100 right Kanu tried dey have settled him with billions nobody is hearing from him again las las Na crime be the only way if u survive u thank God
Get rich or die trying
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Penywise(m): 10:10am On May 06, 2019
[quote author=BuhariAdvocate post=78130533]Remove Tinubu from your list now he make is money legally. [/quote

You are very stupid
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Princedapace(m): 10:10am On May 06, 2019
Nyamiri:

Top 5 richest Nigerians, 3 Yorubas, no flatheaded nonentity.

Alakija get money pass all your useless Chiefs and paupers you upcountry baboons call moneybags.

I wish to meet wit u in real life. I really need us to meet bro. This tribalism wont help u.. except maybe u are among the political class..

The hunger spreading across the country reaches every where, from east to west, to north.. I was in Ibadan and i saw old men and women hustling.. In a society that works, they are meant to be taken care of.

My brother, bad leadership is a Nigeria's problem, not a tribal thing..

That top richest persons are yoruba, how has that made yoruba nation to develop like other nations in advanced world?

Is there any state in south west with any advanced public armentities like we have in developed worlds?

stop loving these politicians. I am suspecting u are a member of the stealing class, else u cant be saying this nonsense u are saying..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Acidosis(m): 10:11am On May 06, 2019
OhiOfIhima:

I have no idea of his Abuja home but he has become a governor before his start d Okene house.

The post you quoted (video) on this thread is an aerial view of his Abuja mansion, valued at N2.1 billion (note, the mansion was acquired barely 6 months after he became governor).

EFCC remains the most corrupt organisation in Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Rolly22(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2019
kunkelhanspeter:

You are %100 right Kanu tried dey have settled him with billions nobody is hearing from him again las las Na crime be the only way if u survive u thank God
Get rich or die trying

I swear bro. The system and the people are messed up.
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by OhiOfIhima: 10:17am On May 06, 2019
Acidosis:

The post you quoted (video) on this thread is an aerial view of his Abuja mansion, valued at N2.1 billion (note, the mansion was acquired barely 6 months after he became governor).

EFCC remains the most corrupt organisation in Africa.

That show he started d building process simultaneously. May God save us. Amin
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Rolly22(m): 10:18am On May 06, 2019
Nyamiri:

Congrats

You just won yourself the award of greatest fool or the thread.

Take a cursory look at your life and see if it's where you want it to be. Your foolishness is the reason for your stunted growth.

Sometimes I wonder what these poor people gain from supporting these criminals.

3 Likes

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by bluecircle470: 10:18am On May 06, 2019
Princedapace:

fools don carry tribalism enter the matter.. The same tribalism those political elites dey use loot the country..

which region is the winner in Nigeria na? which region? Is there any region in Nigeria that can compete with a single city in South Africa? I mean, ordinary south africa..

God will heal u bro.

You’re still in sefia pain. Sorry brother, by 2031 you may overcome it
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Citizen0(m): 10:18am On May 06, 2019
You people knows how to type. Go to the street and demonstrate, Mbaa. Only running mouth. Tribal bigots. We all have the same problem.

2 Likes

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by adekolaelect(m): 10:20am On May 06, 2019
Everybody was saying corruption is bad bla bla .As if they are not their supporters!!!!!!!! yet they want PDP /Atiku to regain power .Although APC does not perform to the expectation but PDP is not an option. many talk it but they don't work it. the majority of people in the society determines who their leaders will be .

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Nobody: 10:25am On May 06, 2019
henryugo:
Revolution is what we need now.
U have said it all.
All we need is COOPERATIVE REVOLUTION
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Midastorch(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2019
olawalepopoola:
Just within 4 years Yahaya don build this edifice while owning 37 months salaries arrears. OMG come and give justice to poor and helpless Nigerians. If you don't no one can

Stop asking justice for the poor... Oshiomhole was amongst us before, Melaye and Tinubu too especially during the military Junta.... most of the poor people will not sway differently if given the opportunity... pray that God should touch the hearts of the few privileged ones to do things rightly....
Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by wunaESQ(m): 10:28am On May 06, 2019
Nigerians are d only ones dat can save demselves from dis political trauma. No miracle will happen if we r still blinded by religious tribal and regional sentiments...u need to come togeda and be united to achieve d NIGERIA of our dreams....... kwara is a good example

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by Athena4: 10:29am On May 06, 2019
bluecircle470:

You’re still in sefia pain. Sorry brother, by 2031 you may overcome it
Are you alright? NIGERIA has been chopped to the bone by the few.Money that should spread to YOU is being stolen by undeserving persons,yet here you are spewing stale shît such as" sifia pain" and u think ur smart?

2 Likes

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:31am On May 06, 2019
Luck Igbinedion Abuja Mansion:

For the first time in my life my eyes widened by reflex. Shocking. Some large amount of blood must have flowed to my brain at the site of such opulence.

1 Like

Re: The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) by bluecircle470: 10:33am On May 06, 2019
ikennamadu1:

How much una get for SW.. Poverty stricken tadpoles

A cretine from the SE is talking. You’re still in sefia pain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect / Fate Of 7 Governors Uncertain / Atiku Abubakar As A Young Customs Officer In Early 80s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.