Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine (4184 Views)

GET Traffic For Free Organic Search Results On Search Engines / How To Rank Your Blog Articles On Search Engine First Page Within 30 Minutes / Webmaster i need Your Help On "Search" Coding... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by destindd(m): 2:56pm On May 05, 2019
What you should know about Search Engine

Most search engine basically work in the same way. When a person wants to find something, they type in a word or phrase called search query. Then, the search engine compares that query to its catalogue of web pages, pulling out the best matches to show the searcher. Their goals is to create the most relevant list of results possible, to help searchers find what they are looking for. Search engines each use their own software programs, but the way they work is pretty similar.

The search engine’s primary goal is to help people find what they are looking for. If you can help people find what they are looking for; if you can help search engine decide that your website is what people are searching for, you’re in good shape. Making your website appear in the organic search engine results is called SEO. Good SEO involve helping a search engine find and understand your site.

What do search engine like?

Quality, relevant, engaging, good and interesting content. Start to think about exactly what your blog or product potential customers might be searching or looking for. All you have to do is to make sure that your content is relevant and engaging to the people searching, so they’ll click and stay for visit.

No 1 Tip – KEYWORD RESEARCH

Start with keyword research to understand what your customers are looking for, then use that info to assess your successes and failures. Let’s say you have a blog and have begun publishing a post on irrelevant keywords. Once you know what people are searching for, you can optimize your content to better match what they are looking for. For a new blog or small business, the long tail keyword is often where you find your SEO opportunity. Don’t add extra keywords to your pages. Repeating them means keyword stuffing is against search engine’s guidelines. To understand how your website is performing in organic search results and how it benefits your business or blog, set SEO goals. There are free tools you can use google keyword planner, http://semrush.com, http://spyfu.com.

Keyword has three categories

Broad match keyword: This keyword match type is useful but irrelevant. It means that you don’t have to add every variation before it will show up, but it’s might show up to the irrelevant people who doesn’t need or interested in your product or blog content. For example, if i use a broad match type American dog style, if a searcher types in American dog fashion, your website will appear to the irrelevant searcher. what i actually do is by adding a + sign, like +american +dog. If the searcher types in any of these variation my blog content or product will pop up on search engine result page. Read More at http://destinedblog.ml

Don't forget to share, like and comment.

Source: destinedblog

CC:ishilove

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by destindd(m): 3:02pm On May 05, 2019
Hmm

Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by destindd(m): 5:41pm On May 05, 2019
Nice!
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by destindd(m): 5:42pm On May 05, 2019
Nice one!
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by destindd(m): 10:59pm On May 05, 2019
Well written!
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by iamleumas: 6:35am On May 06, 2019
Well written. Thanks so much OP.

BTW, contact me now for your quality, SEO optimized articles (07064272729).

Swift delivery is guaranteed!
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by visijo(m): 6:36am On May 06, 2019
People who pronounce DATA as DETA act like they breath flavored Oxygen.

1 Like

Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by technuel: 6:38am On May 06, 2019
Good
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by SEONaijaExpert: 6:49am On May 06, 2019
Let me give a free advice to bloggers and web owners

Ranking on Google is more than keyword research, quality contents and length of contents (even as I would advice you checked it on your list).

There's something called UX/UI. These are better ranking factor for any search engine but maybe only Google is adopting it.

Q&A sites like Quora is using a part too, which is the comment system to determine and rank relevant contents. So the more the comments on your answer, the more your relevance. Not necessarily upvote anymore.

But as far as Google is concerned, it's more than just comment counts.

They want a quality user experience and that can easily reflect in your...

* Time on page
* Comment count
* Page views per person and
* Bounce rate.

If all these are in proper condition, what it tells them is that your content is the best available for the very keyword and so, you can remain on first page for many years.

For the User Interface, Google want a site that's conscious of technical SEO. Unfortunately, things like meta tags and descriptions that used to be very relevant still does but doesn't matter. I've ranked a site without those before.

What technical SEO means to Google is...

* Page size (his many MB is your theme/templates) unfortunately many web owners/blogger don't care about this, probably because the theme was gotten free and even when you buy theme, size is a big consideration.

* Page speed/loading time. This obviously is a turn off to Google and unfortunately, it affects the user experience by increasing your blog's bounce rate. Mind you, images and videos and all others will be on your blog, that's adding the original size of the theme. Hence, images in PNG format would be harmful. For me, I would say even if you'd like to stuff any page, free the page carrying the domain name, which is your home page, you can then redirect to any heavy page you've got if you must.

This last one is

* Http page requests

Now understand that this has nothing to do with your robot.txt, sitemap, H1 tags (another uncared area), page title and meta description.

Before, I stop on this, your blog topic URL is not advisable to carry TIME STAMP. I had to put that in caps because it's serious and this is one common mistake I see when I run SEO analysis on the blog of my clients. You can fix that yourself.

The damage is that, once your blog topics carry time stamp, Google sees you as been relevant ONLY to the date and time of the year that content was posted even if its an evergreen contents. That's an ignorant loss of organic traffic.

Having said these, I wish you the best in the continuous desire to be ranked on Google's first page. Organic traffic is the best you can give your blog no doubt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by Lagosfinder(m): 7:28am On May 06, 2019
Following
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by Nobody: 7:54am On May 06, 2019
cool
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:25am On May 06, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Let me give a free advice to bloggers and web owners

Ranking on Google is more than keyword research, quality contents and length of contents (even as I would advice you checked it on your list).

There's something called UX/UI. These are better ranking factor for any search engine but maybe only Google is adopting it.

Q&A sites like Quora is using a part too, which is the comment system to determine and rank relevant contents. So the more the comments on your answer, the more your relevance. Not necessarily upvote anymore.

But as far as Google is concerned, it's more than just comment counts.

They want a quality user experience and that can easily reflect in your...

* Time on page
* Comment count
* Page views per person and
* Bounce rate.

If all these are in proper condition, what it tells them is that your content is the best available for the very keyword and so, you can remain on first page for many years.

For the User Interface, Google want a site that's conscious of technical SEO. Unfortunately, things like meta tags and descriptions that used to be very relevant still does but doesn't matter. I've ranked a site without those before.

What technical SEO means to Google is...

* Page size (his many MB is your theme/templates) unfortunately many web owners/blogger don't care about this, probably because the theme was gotten free and even when you buy theme, size is a big consideration.

* Page speed/loading time. This obviously is a turn off to Google and unfortunately, it affects the user experience by increasing your blog's bounce rate. Mind you, images and videos and all others will be on your blog, that's adding the original size of the theme. Hence, images in PNG format would be harmful. For me, I would say even if you'd like to stuff any page, free the page carrying the domain name, which is your home page, you can then redirect to any heavy page you've got if you must.

This last one is

* Http page requests

Now understand that this has nothing to do with your robot.txt, sitemap, H1 tags (another uncared area), page title and meta description.

Before, I stop on this, your blog topic URL is not advisable to carry TIME STAMP. I had to put that in caps because it's serious and this is one common mistake I see when I run SEO analysis on the blog of my clients. You can fix that yourself.

The damage is that, once your blog topics carry time stamp, Google sees you as been relevant ONLY to the date and time of the year that content was posted even if its an evergreen contents. That's an ignorant loss of organic traffic.

Having said these, I wish you the best in the continuous desire to be ranked on Google's first page. Organic traffic is the best you can give your blog no doubt.
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by pacespot(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2019
SEO has evolved over the years. now you need to incorporate different types of content in order to rank your business in Google: text, graphics, audio and video.
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by Oluwa4u(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2019
Nigerian Google adsense and domain available .0815 486 1294 whatsapp me
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by Lifephreaks: 3:03pm On May 06, 2019
Nice, well stated.

Please I was hoping you could help me review my blog

Https://lifephreaks.com

Thanks.
Re: 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine by destindd(m): 9:12pm On May 06, 2019
Alright bro!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? / Best Unlimited Web Hosting With Real 100% Uptime + FREE SSL Certificate for Life / Fraud Alert: Can This Be A Handiwork Of A Nigerian Webmaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.