Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership (5359 Views)

PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us / Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by months: 10:38pm On May 05, 2019
ON MAY 5, 201910:06 PMIN NEWS, POLITICS0 COMMENTS By Dirisu Yakubu

ABUJA-The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has said its leadership and elected federal lawmakers have not taken any official position on who to lend support for the position of presiding officers of both the Senate and the House of Representatives. photos of PDP Natl. Convention venue

The party said its position is predicated on reports in a section of the media suggesting that its members-elect in the House of Representatives have settled for a particular aspirant as the new Speaker. A statement signed by its spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan read: “The PDP is still consulting with its members-elect and no official position has been taken on the issue, particularly as the positions of presiding officers are not exclusive preserve of the ruling party or any other party for that matter, but a constitutional right of every elected lawmaker in their respective chambers.

“Moreover, the PDP has an array of elected lawmakers, in both chambers, who are eminently qualified and equally popular among their colleagues, across the divide, to hold office as presiding officers of both chambers of the National Assembly, in line with Section 50 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended). “What is important to Nigerians is the emergence of a purposeful leadership that will ensure accountability and good governance in the polity.

“The PDP, as a party committed to the wellbeing of our nation, will remain focused in our determination to rescue our nation from incompetent system and therefore urges Nigerians to discountenance such reports suggesting that our lawmakers have settled for a particular aspirant for any presiding office in the National Assembly.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/were-yet-to-take-a-position-on-nass-leadership-pdp/

2 Likes

Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by months: 10:39pm On May 05, 2019
Kindly ignore the fake news on FP. CC LALASTICLALA
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by yuanexchanger: 5:30am On May 06, 2019
Again and again..PDP will still do what they did last time.
Meanwhile we buy goods and ship to Nigeria.check sight for more

1 Like

Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by ReubenE(m): 5:32am On May 06, 2019
All these people should just get lost.
NASS today, NASS tomorrow.....

If the killings ravaging the country were discussed like this nonsense NASS leadership, maybe the killings would have stopped.

Life is just too short in this barbaric country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by dgbanj: 5:36am On May 06, 2019
5 bedroom duplex for sale at Crown estate lagos.
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by morikee: 5:40am On May 06, 2019
Wetin consign Agbero with overload person wey go win go win
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Acedave1(m): 5:43am On May 06, 2019
dey will neva make a good plan for nig to move, evryday pdp nd apc fighting for power

we youth sef jus dey look readin stupid post evryday,..lets stop dis pple
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by contigiency(m): 5:44am On May 06, 2019
Your position on the matter is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Pinkybush: 5:45am On May 06, 2019
I knew it that the fake news was generated by zombies

1 Like

Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Pinkybush: 5:50am On May 06, 2019
I knew it that the fake news was generated by zombies.
Modified: Let me not say exactly what is in my mind to avoid being banned by APC apologistic M*ds

1 Like

Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Nobody: 5:50am On May 06, 2019
It's too late... most of the newly elected have pitched tent with Gbaja and Lawan. They cant rely on deceptive Sarki. Majority of those that rebelled with Saraki didn't return.
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Pinkybush: 5:52am On May 06, 2019
I knew that the fake news was generated by zombies.

@Modified: Let me not say exactly what is in my mind to avoid being banned by APC apologistic M*ds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Hector09(m): 5:56am On May 06, 2019
Take what position again
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by simhost: 11:02am On May 06, 2019
angry
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by silverbirdng(f): 11:02am On May 06, 2019
i need adsense account to buy with .com extension please contact 08060450260

plz
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Nairalandmentor(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2019
cheesy
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by AfonjaBoston: 11:07am On May 06, 2019
Pdp the chemical reactor party
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by morikee: 11:10am On May 06, 2019
Duplicate was on front page yesterday

1 Like

Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Mak4web(m): 11:18am On May 06, 2019
toh
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 11:39am On May 06, 2019
Politically-Zombied&unwell-blogger's-pseudoNews

1 Like

Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by PNANYIAM(m): 12:18pm On May 06, 2019
Buhari till 2028
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by Lauryn41(f): 2:03am On Aug 10, 2019
[s][/s]
Hector09:
Take what position again
[s][/s]
Re: PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership by speaktome(m): 2:44am On Aug 10, 2019
Abeg make una quickly take position nah...

For me, I have taken my position in the business I do...

#MySignature
#MyBusiness

(1) (Reply)

Ruga Finally Established In Ebonyi State, Herders And Families Arrive In Numbers / How Nigeria Was Sold To The British For 1.1 Million Dollars In 1899 / I Weep For The South: Former Goveror Of Zamfara, Sanni Yerima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.