Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison (36542 Views)

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison / Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / Man Reverses His Car From V.I. To Ikoyi In Lagos, See Reactions (Pics/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 9:39am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

Thanks for your response.

Am confident the story won't go as you predicted.

There is no predictions here, It is what it is. there are other hundreds of Nigerians in various chinese prisons He is no different. Should they just release your brother only? the sooner you face the reality the better. he probarbly Already accepted his reality.
You appear very naive. stop worring your head, there is nothing physically you or anyone can do to help him.

Just move on, if he is lucky one day he will walk through the doors of your parents.

6 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 9:39am On May 06, 2019
Ujuvals1:
@Soul47

Be careful here on nairaland people might want to extort you since you are in a sad state.

Dont pay for anything, they can tell you they have access , lawyer etc...dont feeaking give out a dime or answer anybody cos Nigerians are naturally wicked.

My own time my brother said if you dont hear from me dont worry know i am alive, if anyone call you dont pay dime,only when you pay is when i tell them our password, which is when did mum die November 16th 2005, if you get that information plus your son name is Jayden then know the caller is from me anything else dont pay dime,allow them kill me if they want.

So be strong, wait for him to call pls and pray more,God will do it.

I am praying with you,My God who did it for me will make it even easier for your family.whereever he is the hand of God will be with him.love you.

Thanks a lot.

You are like a comforting angel to me.

God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 9:40am On May 06, 2019
Ujuvals1:
@Soul47
My dear i am sorry for what you and your family are passing through but trust me it will be alright even though it may take a long while.

My family encountered similar issue even worse, we are two in our family just myself and kid brother.

He travelled out six years ago to Brazil while i got married three years ago.I have long lost my mum so it was just me and my dad.

My husband did my bride price and i got pregnant he said he wanted to travel out and will be back soon.

My dear i was two months pregnant living with my father when i was told my husband had been arrsted for drug offence i didnt hear from him again.

I went into depression, pregnancy, cashlessness and a father to take care of, i called my brother and cried my heart out he was pushed to redeem the family out pf poverty and frustration.

My dear that is how he carried drugs from brazil swallowed it and almost died and headed to South Africa enroute to Nigeria.

Himself and four of his friends left for that journey, i never knew he entered drugs just to raise money and help us as i was already nine months, frustrated with a father to feed.

My dear this is true life story, immediately he moved he called me his coming to Nigeria i was happy praying never knowing what laid ahead.

Two days later he called that himself and his four friends have been arrested in South Africa with drugs,Jesus i ran madddddd......i entered labour self immediately from the tears and frustration.

Thats how i birthed with tears and it was God all through, i told my dad about what happened and the man almost died.Few weeks later he called saying he needed 500,000 for lawyer else he stands a risk of being imprisoned for fifteen years chai.

Me wey never see 1000, well i cried and taught i would die, i cried ooo, my heart broke, i birthed a boy but sadness all over.My baby father made no contact for three years my dear.

I eventually got up, prayed and asked God to save me.I had stitches after child birth and was told to stay on bed rest for a while but i couldnt with all my problem.

Immediately i got home i dropped the baby with a neighbor and hit the street going to every of my uncle asking for help to raise lawyer money for my brother, my dear they all failed.They even mocked us that he shpuld test prison and see is not easy who told him to carry drugs.

My father was there asking me daily to talk to his son or he would die, chai.

I later had to give myself brain and spoke to my brother, he sounded strong initially telling me to be strong for him to take care of the family, that his friends have been sentenced to ten years and his thế last awaiting judgement i should just believe is ten or twelve yeats i should hold on throughout and kiss my baby for him.

I swear as am typing am even crying but am trying to tell u a real story to encourage you.I went to hustle by calling all my contacts that am into books selling, luckily for me, a lecturer friend gave me contract to stock school libray, i did that with the pain and stitches in my body after childbirth but i was determined to raise that lawyer money.

I did that and after that i made 150,000 from it.i quickly sent it to him asking him to deposit for lawyer, next i started going to island to look for things to resell, infact God was with me, within two months i raised another 70,000 and forwarded to him.Mind you all the people he knew failed him no support at all.

After i had sent the 220k in total, the lawyer came in and fought for him, told the court he had a job in Brazil which is true although the pay was small but he was pushed after his sister went into labour and the pressure from home was much etc, also his a firat time offender and his enroute Nigeria and not SA, sth like that sha. i was told to produce a lot of document thats how i kept running up and down like a mad woman, i slimed down to brown stick, people who came to greét me for the birth of my baby kept asking are you ok,chai i suffered.

I didnt even have time for myself or the baby, i kept sending him money to buy a phone there so we could communicate with him, if he buys this week nextweek they will seize it, upper week i send and they seize he buy again they seize infact it was a life time challenge i cannot forget.

After five months of awaiting trial he was sentenced to four years, to serve two years and two is suspended, chai i did it, all alone.Jehova be praised.I encouraged my dad all though telling him to be strong but in my room i cried.My father lived through it cos i stood like a lion and never gave up.

To the glory of God he started his sentence after he had wasted six months awaitig trial which was cancelled as it wasnt counted.He started serving and i kept praying, at some point we couldnt communicate but i had hope is not over he is alive he will be back someday.

To the glorify of God, he came back this year february 2019, instead of being deported to make matters worse for us here in naija,a Sputh African woman helped him to cross over and he was allowed to enter Nigeria after he had finished serving.

He came back looking so good against my initial thought of him looking sick and out.i cried and was mad with excitemnet.My father laid down on the sand and rolled to God thanking him, only son chai.we suffered, but is over.

Guess what three years down,my husband suddenly appeared released after been incommunicado for three years his son is a fine healthy boy of three years, finally is over.

Why did i write u long epistle is to tell you that people have seen it, have hope and faith for God is alive.

He isnt dead,chinese prisons dont give easy access to cellphone to call but know that one day he will call.

Be strong for your parents, dont be weak, encourage them, tell them is ok, that his fine. Tel tham that his friend said his ok, because sad news can kill them due to old age.Just tell them his ok but cant communicate.

Nobody can go there to see him, security is tight, my brother case nobody could,hmmmmm na drug oooo who go go?

Be prayerful, go to God and tell him to help ur family, do you know how i raised all that money i dont know, i havent even touched such fund in my life but when challenge came my determination pushed me to save my brother.He was the only one in his clique that got the easiest sentebce in a good cell.

So dont loose hope, his not dead, yes you hear stories that jail is tough thats true but it wont kill him it will only make him tougher thats the truth so dont worry he will be back one day,it may take long but he will.Stay strong, dont give up.

If you want to start contacting embassy, honestly naija is sth else the process will drain you emotionally, financially and yet you may not achieve any tangible result because he didnt go on student visa.

DONT GIVE UP, STAY STRONG, HE WILL COMMUNICATE SOON.BE STRONG FOR YOUR PARENTS ok.May God make it easy for you in jeaus name.Amen.

God will always be with you in your struggles, you went through the unthinkable.

5 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Dammilekan(m): 9:42am On May 06, 2019
My brother just pray, our God is a wonderful and generous God at this situation I know u can absolutely do nothing Right now but keep praying and see what God will do in your bros life
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 9:43am On May 06, 2019
gypsey:
There is no predictions here, It is what it is. there are other hundreds Nigerians in various chinese prisons He is no different. Should they just release your brother only? the sooner you face the reality the better.
You appear very naive. stop worring your head, there is nothing physically you or anyone can do to help him.

Just move on, if he is lucky one day he will walk through the doors of your parents.

Alright.

I will keep being positive.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 9:46am On May 06, 2019
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Kylekent59: 9:47am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

Thanks for the response.
But am not wrong in what am doing....

I just need to hear from him to be sure.

ok
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 9:48am On May 06, 2019
Ujuvals1:
@Soul47
My dear i am sorry for what you and your family are passing through but trust me it will be alright even though it may take a long while.

My family encountered similar issue even worse, we are two in our family just myself and kid brother.

He travelled out six years ago to Brazil while i got married three years ago.I have long lost my mum so it was just me and my dad.

My husband did my bride price and i got pregnant he said he wanted to travel out and will be back soon.

My dear i was two months pregnant living with my father when i was told my husband had been arrsted for drug offence i didnt hear from him again.

I went into depression, pregnancy, cashlessness and a father to take care of, i called my brother and cried my heart out he was pushed to redeem the family out pf poverty and frustration.

My dear that is how he carried drugs from brazil swallowed it and almost died and headed to South Africa enroute to Nigeria.

Himself and four of his friends left for that journey, i never knew he entered drugs just to raise money and help us as i was already nine months, frustrated with a father to feed.

My dear this is true life story, immediately he moved he called me his coming to Nigeria i was happy praying never knowing what laid ahead.

Two days later he called that himself and his four friends have been arrested in South Africa with drugs,Jesus i ran madddddd......i entered labour self immediately from the tears and frustration.

Thats how i birthed with tears and it was God all through, i told my dad about what happened and the man almost died.Few weeks later he called saying he needed 500,000 for lawyer else he stands a risk of being imprisoned for fifteen years chai.

Me wey never see 1000, well i cried and taught i would die, i cried ooo, my heart broke, i birthed a boy but sadness all over.My baby father made no contact for three years my dear.

I eventually got up, prayed and asked God to save me.I had stitches after child birth and was told to stay on bed rest for a while but i couldnt with all my problem.

Immediately i got home i dropped the baby with a neighbor and hit the street going to every of my uncle asking for help to raise lawyer money for my brother, my dear they all failed.They even mocked us that he shpuld test prison and see is not easy who told him to carry drugs.

I later had to give myself brain and spoke to my brother, he sounded strong initially telling me to be strong for him to take care of the family, that his friends have been sentenced to ten years and his thế last awaiting judgement i should just believe is ten or twelve yeats i should hold on throughout and kiss my baby for him.

I swear as am typing am even crying but am trying to tell u a real story to encourage you.I went to hustle by calling all my contacts that am into books selling, luckily for me, a lecturer friend gave me contract to stock school libray, i did that with the pain and stitches in my body after childbirth but i was determined to raise that lawyer money.

I did that and after that i made 150,000 from it.i quickly sent it to him asking him to deposit for lawyer, next i started going to island to look for things to resell, infact God was with me, within two months i raised another 70,000 and forwarded to him.Mind you all the people he knew failed him no support at all.

After i had sent the 220k in total, the lawyer came in and fought for him, told the court he had a job in Brazil which is true although the pay was small but he was pushed after his sister went into labour and the pressure from home was much etc, also his a firat time offender and his enroute Nigeria and not SA, sth like that sha. i was told to produce a lot of document thats how i kept running up and down like a mad woman, i slimed down to brown stick, people who came to greét me for the birth of my baby kept asking are you ok,chai i suffered.

I didnt even have time for myself or the baby, i kept sending him money to buy a phone there so we could communicate with him, if he buys this week nextweek they will seize it, upper week i send and they seize he buy again they seize infact it was a life time challenge i cannot forget.

After five months of awaiting trial he was sentenced to four years, to serve two years and two is suspended, chai i did it, all alone.Jehova be praised.I encouraged my dad all though telling him to be strong but in my room i cried.My father lived through it cos i stood like a lion and never gave up.

To the glory of God he started his sentence after he had wasted six months awaitig trial which was cancelled as it wasnt counted.He started serving and i kept praying, at some point we couldnt communicate but i had hope is not over he is alive he will be back someday.

To the glorify of God, he came back this year february 2019, instead of being deported to make matters worse for us here in naija,a Sputh African woman helped him to cross over and he was allowed to enter Nigeria after he had finished serving.

He came back looking so good against my initial thought of him looking sick and out.i cried and was mad with excitemnet.My father laid down on the sand and rolled to God thanking him, only son chai.we suffered, but is over.

Guess what three years down,my husband suddenly appeared released after been incommunicado for three years his son is a fine healthy boy of three years, finally is over.

Why did i write u long epistle is to tell you that people have seen it, have hope and faith for God is alive.

He isnt dead,chinese prisons dont give easy access to cellphone to call but know that one day he will call.

Be strong for your parents, dont be weak, encourage them, tell them is ok, that his fine. Tel tham that his friend said his ok, because sad news can kill them due to old age.Just tell them his ok but cant communicate.

Nobody can go there to see him, security is tight, my brother case nobody could,hmmmmm na drug oooo who go go?

Be prayerful, go to God and tell him to help ur family, do you know how i raised all that money i dont know, i havent even touched such fund in my life but when challenge came my determination pushed me to save my brother.He was the only one in his clique that got the easiest sentebce in a good cell.

So dont loose hope, his not dead, yes you hear stories that jail is tough thats true but it wont kill him it will only make him tougher thats the truth so dont worry he will be back one day,it may take long but he will.Stay strong, dont give up.

If you want to start contacting embassy, honestly naija is sth else the process will drain you emotionally, financially and yet you may not achieve any tangible result because he didnt go on student visa.

DONT GIVE UP, STAY STRONG, HE WILL COMMUNICATE SOON.BE STRONG FOR YOUR PARENTS ok.May God make it easy for you in jeaus name.Amen.
May God bless me with a woman like you as wife, someone who will stand by me against all odds

11 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 9:49am On May 06, 2019
Kylekent59:

ok

I don't understand Sir.

You mean someone wants to scam me?
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 9:50am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

Ok.

Have made efforts with regards that, hoping she would respond.
Okay Pray the good Lord Favours you.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 9:51am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

Alright.

I will keep being positive.
believe it or not. your brother probarbly Already Accepted his reality. i ve done time in foreign countries.. They put you through their justice system and that's it. no please, no mercy. if you are innocent they would free you. if you are guilty, you do your time. simple! especially in china were the court hearings are ussually done in Mandarin (chinese language) you will not even understand the rulings or court decisions, your lawyer will be a chinese too. Everything in court is done and written in chinese. Now, imagine that.
Their laws must be upheld, to deter others like your brother

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by greypencils: 9:53am On May 06, 2019
GazzuzzAutos:

You can/should do nothing but wait. Anything else is an action in futility.

no papers, he will be deported after serving his time.

If a crime was committed, he will serve his time.

He will/might only be given a phone to call you if his case goes from bad-worse, the call will be a good bye call.

Asia is not Europe or America, they frown seriously at any type of crime, they even execute their ministers if caught on corruption charges so you can imagine what. They will do to a Foreigner?

True...You don't want to be in a Chinese prison or Russian prison. They are communists...zero human rights...definitely not to foreigners.

1 Like

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by AngelicBeing: 9:55am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

Damn.
That is what it is, China is the worst place on earth to get involved with drugs trafficking or fraudulent acts, my inlaw saw hell in China, he was warned by several family members including myself to desist from fraud, I, suggested then to him to be doing buying and selling from China to Nigeria, he ignored all our counsels to him, l was doing my postgraduate studies then in the West, he even laughed at me that instead of doing business, I am pursuing education grin, but when they arrested him, we couldn't reach him, he spent 5 years in the prison in Beijing, if your brothers case is just immigration issues, he will not spend longer times in jail before deportation but if it is fraudulent acts, it is a different story entirely, China is tough on criminals sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Ujuvals1: 10:00am On May 06, 2019
My dear na both of them.

First husband caught and gone

Swcond brother caught and sentenced.

Na God oooo
ibietela2:

Sorry oo.. And congratulations... But is it your husband and brother or just your brother?
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Amujale(m): 10:11am On May 06, 2019
gypsey:
exactly! And it is most likely he commited the crime.

Even God should be Against criminality, what kinda God would support Stealing from people? grin

Gbam!
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by chukxie(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

Everything you out up here relates well with my brother.

What do you suggest I do?

Plus I didn't understand all you said.

Well, if that's your brother, I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can do now because from what I've been told, he's been moved to Shandong Province where the crime he was alleged to have participated in was committed. Also, his girlfriend who unfortunately was arrested with him has since been released and subsequently deported to the Philippines. All you and your family can do now is to pray for your brother to be in good health during his time in the slammer; and that he gets a light sentence.

14 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Amadaz(m): 10:17am On May 06, 2019
Ujuvals1:
@Soul47

Nawa oh... People are really going through hell. I think this life should be lived slowly coz yolo no dey bring life back

1 Like

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Allikola(m): 10:17am On May 06, 2019
recite 40 times in a day, you will Thank God later
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Allikola(m): 10:18am On May 06, 2019
Allikola:
Ask for God forgiveness and pray. Recite " Lailla Ila anta subuanaka inni quntun mina solimeena"
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by mechanics(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2019
It's better you contact their embassy here to know more about the situation.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Ujuvals1: 10:22am On May 06, 2019
I love you and i can relate what you are going through.

Please stay strong, if you need to chat with someone am always available.

Stay strong it isnt over yet.

At times like this, situations like this come up to shake us and test our faith in God.

I know he commited the crime, yes it is wrong and am sure his now facing the consequences of his action which will make him a better person.

My brother now doesnt want to hear drugs neither my husband so you see the jail term corrected their senses.

I know is hard for us to cope at times like this but just hold on.

Prayer works my brother,pray and pray God will show up for him and for your family.

He wont be killed, he isnt a murderer, na fraud highest is jail term which will take a while but he will one day one day come home.

Dont give up now is time to be strong,too many suggestions too will scatter ur brain join,lolzzz....

Just try to contact his friends to find out if he has been sentenced, they have a way of knowing but in all you do be wise.

Remeber he wont be killed with God on his side, who knows he might even be freed abi you dont believe in miracles?

Nairalanders dont come for me,yes he sinned but this experiwnce will forever change him hopefully to a better person.Stay blessed.

Soul47:

Thanks a lot.

You are like a comforting angel to me.

God bless you.

6 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by greypencils: 10:24am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

He is awaiting trial
Then pray hard...there isn't much you can do than to pray hard...God is still merciful.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2019
Dammilekan:
My brother just pray, our God is a wonderful and generous God at this situation I know u can absolutely do nothing Right now but keep praying and see what God will do in your bros life

Ok. Thanks for the response.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by einsteine(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2019
people would leave their country and go to another man's country illegally. What are you trying to achieve? Better to suffer in Nigeria than to be an illegal immigrant. China is a country with a merciless, autocratic government. Your brother would be doing time with hard labor right now.

5 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2019
gypsey:
believe it or not. your brother probarbly Already Accepted his reality. i ve done time in foreign countries.. They put you through their justice system and that's it. no please, no mercy. if you are innocent they would free you. if you are guilty, you do your time. simple! especially in china were the court hearings are ussually done in Mandarin (chinese language) you will not even understand the rulings or court decisions, your lawyer will be a chinese too. Everything in court is done and written in chinese. Now, imagine that.
Their laws must be upheld, to deter others like your brother

Alright.

Thanks for the response.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2019
AngelicBeing:
That is what it is, China is the worst place on earth to get involved with drugs trafficking or fraudulent acts, my inlaw saw hell in China, he was warned by several family members including myself to desist from fraud, I, suggested then to him to be doing buying and selling from China to Nigeria, he ignored all our counsels to him, l was doing my postgraduate studies then in the West, he even laughed at me that instead of doing business, I am pursuing education grin, but when they arrested him, we couldn't reach him, he spent 5 years in the prison in Beijing, if your brothers case is just immigration issues, he will not spend longer times in jail before deportation but if it is fraudulent acts, it is a different story entirely, China is tough on criminals sad

Thanks for the response.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 10:38am On May 06, 2019
chukxie:

Well, if that's your brother, I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can do now because from what I've been told, he's been moved to Shandong Province where the crime he was alleged to have participated in was committed. Also, his girlfriend who unfortunately was arrested with him has since been released and subsequently deported to the Philippines. All you and your family can do now is to pray for your brother to be in good health during his time in the slammer; and that he gets a light sentence.

Ok. Thanks for your response.

Any idea how we can know about the sentence?
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 10:38am On May 06, 2019
Allikola:
Ask for God forgiveness and pray. Recite " Lailla Ila anta subuanaka inni quntun mina solimeena"

Ok. Will do that.

1 Like

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 10:40am On May 06, 2019
mechanics:
It's better you contact their embassy here to know more about the situation.

Ok. Am on that.

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by einsteine(m): 10:42am On May 06, 2019
mmadu5:
wow chinese prison and your complaining what would you now do if it was ikoyi prison or Kirikiri Maximum Security Prison

Actually, Ikoyi Prison is better than a Chinese prison. In a Chinese prison, you will work hard labor for 16 hours a day. As an illegal immigrant, you will also be exposed to racism and abuse. Remember, china, has over 1 billion people, so human life doesn't mean much over there.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian's Trip Around The USA Part 2 ( Holy Land Experience, Disneyworld) / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia / Nigerian Man Poses At The Scene Of Accident In Ghana (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.