Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Nigeria Uninhabitable For Young People – Cardinal Onaiyekan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Uninhabitable For Young People – Cardinal Onaiyekan (375 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Will Be Happy To Have A Government They Trust / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Uninhabitable For Young People – Cardinal Onaiyekan by unclexofficial: 5:46am On May 06, 2019
Cardinal Onaiyekan who spoke to the media ahead of a church gathering to address migration, taking place in the Nigerian capital on Tuesday, stated that Nigeria is uninhabitable for young people. The 75-year-old cleric who said he felt ashamed when he saw trafficked Nigerian women prostituting on the streets of Rome and other Italian cities, criticised officials for focusing only on their own lives – building mansions and travelling the world. Cardinal Onaiyekan who stated that Nigeria being uninhabitable for young people is making them migrate illegally to Europe, added that if he were the president he would resign.

"To tell you bluntly I’m ashamed, I’m ashamed – big cardinal from Abuja, I’m moving through the streets of Rome, Milan, Naples and I see my daughters on the street on sale,” the cardinal told the BBC after the press conference.

“I’m ashamed and I stop and even greet some of them – you can’t even engage them in conversation because they were brought out of the village illiterates. All they learn and all they know on the streets of Italy is what they need for this business – I’m ashamed.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/06/nigeria-uninhabitable-for-young-people-cardinal-onaiyekan/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Uninhabitable For Young People – Cardinal Onaiyekan by unclexofficial: 5:48am On May 06, 2019
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Uninhabitable For Young People – Cardinal Onaiyekan by yuanexchanger: 5:51am On May 06, 2019
If that's the case what would you tell those children whose residents has been dismantled by insurgency.Its everywhere.No country is permanent..
Re: Nigeria Uninhabitable For Young People – Cardinal Onaiyekan by amanda2013(f): 7:07am On May 06, 2019
very very pathetic
Re: Nigeria Uninhabitable For Young People – Cardinal Onaiyekan by Nobody: 7:23am On May 06, 2019
yuanexchanger:
If that's the case what would you tell those children whose residents has been dismantled by insurgency.Its everywhere.No country is permanent..
Stop making excuses
Re: Nigeria Uninhabitable For Young People – Cardinal Onaiyekan by Nobody: 8:04am On May 06, 2019
Man's inhumanity to man didn't start today and will not stop today.
In the last elections, we had people like Kingsley, Fela and Sowore but none got votes rather the Buharis and Atikus were voted en masse.

The plain truth is that when Nigeria earns Gods blessings, it will be saved.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-olu Attends Course In Cambridge For A Greater Lagos / Buhari Reveals A Solution To Youth Unemployment In Nigeria / Governor Okorocha Laments About The Manner APC And Adams Oshiomole Treated Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.