Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

The Ondo Cassava Revolution - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Ondo Cassava Revolution (10990 Views)

The Ondo Food Bank Of Amb. Samuel Egunjobi And Vision For Zero Hunger In Africa / Ondo Cassava Revolution Will Create Wealth For Farmers In The State / The Ondo Cassava Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ondo Cassava Revolution by LazyGold(m): 8:46am On May 06, 2019
As Ondo State government looks beyond the Sunshine State being a civil service state to one that can be reckoned with as industrial through agricultural intervention it tagged Cassava Revolution ( CASSAREV), some men have keyed into the agenda.

It is on this rare row of men that Chief Alexander Oluremi Ajipe belongs. Ajipe is CEO, Klick Konnect Network, the agency whose tools have been at the forefront of the government ‘s efforts in this regard. The brilliant mind has been delivering, and reeling out the templates towards attaining, to the fullest, the Ondo industrial drive.

Klickonnect Networks is putting smiles on the faces of the people through this great initiative, and its CEO, Ajipe, is putting in place creative templates for attaining a working and lasting industrial drive.

Recounting the state of affairs before the Oluwarotimi Akeredolu government took over the mantle of leadership in the state, Ajipe said no government has shown commitment towards Ondo State industrial development after the era of the late Pa. Adekunle Ajasin. According to him, the Cassava Revolution, which is a value chain program, is designed to explore the many advantages of cassava.

He observed that most of the things Ondo was known for, like the Oluwa Glass Industry, the Ceramic Industry, the Tomatoes Industry, have gone moribund due to the insensitive nature of successive governments.

On the cassava to Ethanol Factory, which is another first of its kind in the state, Ajipe said the factory will consume 350-400 tonnes of cassava and provide direct employment for 500 people. Other initiatives on ground include the Ondo Linyi Industrial Hub Phase 1 and Ondo Linyi Phase 2 projects which will bring about a truck assembly plant to Ondo and ACAVAT, a training institution which will train people on technology.

Ondo has set the pace in it’s industrial drive by being the first to establish a textile mill factory, a paper mill factory that produces paper pulp; while it is also the first to sign a city-by-city agreement with China . The administration has also remained the first to allocate 10,000 hectares of land to Wewood as part of a renewed agenda for agricultural development.

With these strides, the administration is proving that good governance is possible in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Arakunrin is showing the world that Ondo is a safe place for investment. When the person at the helm of affairs is one of unquestionable character, it becomes easy for people from different parts of the world to come and invest in his domain.

Interestingly, Ajipe, trained at FUTA and is a revenue consultant to Ondo State Ministry of Natural Resources, is a project manager with great pedigree. Hence, the prospects of this initiative are visible.

At full implementation, Cassarev is expected to see to the establishment of an ethanol factory and contribute to human capital development in Ondo as farmers while truck loaders among others will benefi.

Farmers are expected to supply not less than 400 tonnes of cassava daily to keep the factory in operation. Klickconnect is also encouraging Ondo people, especially youths, to get involved in cassava farming by registering them and facilitating no interest loan.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/the-ondo-cassava-revolution/?amp

1 Like

Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by oyetunder(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2019
shocked We are tired of all these cosmetics governance. Now they are showing us how they have increase cassava production...they will not tell us how much they are using such projects to swallow secretly. When things are working, we shall not need all these useless statistics.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by donaldde2: 12:14pm On May 06, 2019
Okay
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by iammo(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2019
cool

Best thing ever, the pics of some of the.factory shared earlier looks like A Huge Refinery, not until i read its for cassava and its bye products like ethanol, starch etc,

To some Envious People with low IGR, this is how Southwest States stay ahead with.innovation,

Ondo has Cormmercial quantity of crude oil, yet they are not screaming our oyel .. our oyel
They are trying to get better, by creating agrobase factories, Finding partners for deepseaport project, Planing New highway to link ibeju lekki lagos and tap from its proximity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by LamidicownuBSS: 12:15pm On May 06, 2019
ftc
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by mrMeen(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2019
Stolen
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by khalleb(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2019
wow
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by iberrylee(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2019
We have the land and we are gradually making use of it
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by TheAngry1: 12:17pm On May 06, 2019
One of my dreams is to go into farming. It is a goldmine that many of us in Nigeria have left untapped. We have to start making farming 'fashionable'. It is sad to see young Nigerians saving up 2.5 million Naira to relocate 'abroad', just to end up doing the same menial jobs they 'escaped' from here. If you wan travel, travel, I have nothing against it o! I am Just saying we need to think deeply for innovative ideas, instead of looking for escape shortcuts. Even locals are struggling in 'the abroad' you wan run go.

I don talk my yown!

9 Likes

Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by Bolustical: 12:19pm On May 06, 2019
Ok
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by Tintinnoty(m): 12:19pm On May 06, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by frowland(m): 12:20pm On May 06, 2019
oyetunder:
shocked We are tired of all these cosmetics governance. Now they are showing us how they have increase cassava production...they will not tell us how much they are using such projects to swallow secretly. When things are working, we shall not need all these useless statistics.

How many cassava have you planted or harvested?

2 Likes

Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 06, 2019
This piece looks like one drafted in government house.

1 Like

Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 06, 2019
Loudable
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by louiskay(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2019
That's my country...
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by aribisala0(m): 1:08pm On May 06, 2019
A revolution is something that is happening or happened NOT A DREAM or proposal

1 Like

Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by alausa4u(m): 1:12pm On May 06, 2019
What is my business with cassava when i can mined Gold and bitumen
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by BlackfireX: 1:23pm On May 06, 2019
See propaganda.....
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by legalwealth(m): 1:39pm On May 06, 2019
Nice one!

We were known for Cocoa back then! !!
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:46pm On May 06, 2019
fordunit:
Nice feat. Add industrial revolution to the cassava revolution.

If you run or own a startup or you have a brilliant idea that needs funding, stop wasting your precious time dancing round google looking for investors. For a small token, I will put a database of over 5000 investors across the globe in your hands. All you have to do is mail or call them. 80% of then will respond to you instantly. See my signature for contact details...

how sure are you??
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by hopevalley: 1:53pm On May 06, 2019
LazyGold:
As Ondo State government looks beyond the Sunshine State being a civil service state to one that can be reckoned with as industrial through agricultural intervention it tagged Cassava Revolution ( CASSAREV), some men have keyed into the agenda.

It is on this rare row of men that Chief Alexander Oluremi Ajipe belongs. Ajipe is CEO, Klick Konnect Network, the agency whose tools have been at the forefront of the government ‘s efforts in this regard. The brilliant mind has been delivering, and reeling out the templates towards attaining, to the fullest, the Ondo industrial drive.

Klickonnect Networks is putting smiles on the faces of the people through this great initiative, and its CEO, Ajipe, is putting in place creative templates for attaining a working and lasting industrial drive.

Recounting the state of affairs before the Oluwarotimi Akeredolu government took over the mantle of leadership in the state, Ajipe said no government has shown commitment towards Ondo State industrial development after the era of the late Pa. Adekunle Ajasin. According to him, the Cassava Revolution, which is a value chain program, is designed to explore the many advantages of cassava.

He observed that most of the things Ondo was known for, like the Oluwa Glass Industry, the Ceramic Industry, the Tomatoes Industry, have gone moribund due to the insensitive nature of successive governments.

On the cassava to Ethanol Factory, which is another first of its kind in the state, Ajipe said the factory will consume 350-400 tonnes of cassava and provide direct employment for 500 people. Other initiatives on ground include the Ondo Linyi Industrial Hub Phase 1 and Ondo Linyi Phase 2 projects which will bring about a truck assembly plant to Ondo and ACAVAT, a training institution which will train people on technology.

Ondo has set the pace in it’s industrial drive by being the first to establish a textile mill factory, a paper mill factory that produces paper pulp; while it is also the first to sign a city-by-city agreement with China . The administration has also remained the first to allocate 10,000 hectares of land to Wewood as part of a renewed agenda for agricultural development.

With these strides, the administration is proving that good governance is possible in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Arakunrin is showing the world that Ondo is a safe place for investment. When the person at the helm of affairs is one of unquestionable character, it becomes easy for people from different parts of the world to come and invest in his domain.

Interestingly, Ajipe, trained at FUTA and is a revenue consultant to Ondo State Ministry of Natural Resources, is a project manager with great pedigree. Hence, the prospects of this initiative are visible.

At full implementation, Cassarev is expected to see to the establishment of an ethanol factory and contribute to human capital development in Ondo as farmers while truck loaders among others will benefi.

Farmers are expected to supply not less than 400 tonnes of cassava daily to keep the factory in operation. Klickconnect is also encouraging Ondo people, especially youths, to get involved in cassava farming by registering them and facilitating no interest loan.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/the-ondo-cassava-revolution/?amp
This is really very good, I must confess. Have you guys considered exporting the cassava to foreign countries? Yes, cassava is needed in foreign countries and those foreigners can pay any amount of money to get it. Click on the first link on my signature to get the details of cassava exportation to foreign countries and earning a staggering amount of money from it.
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by googi: 3:42pm On May 06, 2019
lamo, thanks for your post. I am personally against turning cassava to ethanol but all for starch that is used in variety of products including pharmaceutical goods and drugs.

iammo:
cool

Best thing ever, the pics of some of the.factory shared earlier looks like A Huge Refinery, not until i read its for cassava and its bye products like ethanol, starch etc,

To some Envious People with low IGR, this is how Southwest States stay ahead with.innovation,

Ondo has Cormmercial quantity of crude oil, yet they are not screaming our oyel .. our oyel
They are trying to get better, by creating agrobase factories, Finding partners for deepseaport project, Planing New highway to link ibeju lekki lagos and tap from its proximity.

Please tell us what cassava is used for when we export it that cannot be turned into at home. Do you realize how much we pay importing starch for pharmaceutical products?

Export cheap cassava to import expensive starch in 2019?

Get a life sir

hopevalley:

This is really very good, I must confess. Have you guys considered exporting the cassava to foreign countries? Yes, cassava is needed in foreign countries and those foreigners can pay any amount of money to get it. Click on the first link on my signature to get the details of cassava exportation to foreign countries and earning a staggering amount of money from it.
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by chinedu234(m): 3:52pm On May 06, 2019
TheAngry1:
One of my dreams is to go into farming. It is a goldmine that many of us in Nigeria have left untapped. We have to start making farming 'fashionable'. It is sad to see young Nigerians saving up 2.5 million Naira to relocate 'abroad', just to end up doing the same menial jobs they 'escaped' from here. If you wan travel, travel, I have nothing against it o! I am Just saying we need to think deeply for innovative ideas, instead of looking for escape shortcuts. Even locals are struggling in 'the abroad' you wan run go.

I don talk my yown!
Please remember to share the experience after one year of the lucrative farming. Good luck.
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by iammo(m): 3:56pm On May 06, 2019
googi:
lamo, thanks for your post. I am personally against turning cassava to ethanol but all for starch that is used in variety of products including pharmaceutical goods and drugs.

Please tell us what cassava is used for when we export it that cannot be turned into at home. Do you realize how much we pay importing starch for pharmaceutical products?

Export cheap cassava to import expensive starch in 2019?

Get a life sir

I really am not a chemistry person and i believe we learn everyday, but what are your reservstions on Ethanol from casava?

Again i believe Few Governors understands how to diversify and are making bold steps, people like Udom and Akeredolu are trying in their little ways

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by TheAngry1: 3:59pm On May 06, 2019
chinedu234:

Please remember to share the experience after one year of the lucrative farming. Good luck.

Why do I smell sarcasm? grin grin
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by Larryndelaw: 4:53pm On May 06, 2019
frowland:

How many cassava have you planted or harvested?
Dont believe anything politicians tells u. Akeredolu is a disaster.
Re: The Ondo Cassava Revolution by adebobconed(m): 9:56pm On May 06, 2019
Interesting..

(1) (Reply)

In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme / Help! My Broilers Keep Dying / Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.