Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Real Estate Websites - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Real Estate Websites (1735 Views)

10 Most-expensive Luxury Real Estate Locations In Nigeria / Behind The Scenes In The Real Estate Agents Business / Real Estate In Nigeria: What Is It Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Estate Websites by Mamajama(m): 9:57pm On May 02, 2007
Will someone please provide a list of a good real estate websites with houses pic on-line please.
Re: Real Estate Websites by Afam(m): 9:40am On May 03, 2007
Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks or months www.afamite.com will be a one stop site for Nigerians to complete tasks online including property listing with picture (at no cost), automobile, events, friends etc.

Even though the site isn't completed yet, you are free to use it now.

An online payment gateway will be developed in the next one month to provide a Naira based real time online payment gateway for Nigerians to pay for goods and services online,
Re: Real Estate Websites by Seun(m): 12:54pm On May 03, 2007
Cool. And there's the ever-reliable www.ip4properties.com too.
Re: Real Estate Websites by superayoad(m): 1:41pm On May 03, 2007
Check this site out www.houses-of-nigeria.com u can also use www.housesofnigeria.com
Re: Real Estate Websites by Mamajama(m): 2:06pm On May 03, 2007
Thanks for all the listings, i will be looking at them and passing the sites up to my friends who are aggressively looking to invest in real estate in Nigeria. Thanks all
Re: Real Estate Websites by netzymes(m): 5:39pm On May 03, 2007
Depending on what they are looking for, you could try:

www.kolaakomolede.com
www.ayofasuyanandco.com.ng
www.pppil.com
www.sweathomereal.com (prices available but no pictures yet)

Good luck!
Re: Real Estate Websites by Mamajama(m): 5:49pm On May 03, 2007
impressive, I wish they have more pictures. Thanks once again.
Re: Real Estate Websites by eko4show(m): 5:52pm On May 03, 2007
i wish most of these websites could get over this "no picture" palaver. it makes them look really fake
Re: Real Estate Websites by folushola(f): 3:02pm On May 04, 2007
Re: Real Estate Websites by DJNiyi(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

impressive, I wish they have more pictures. Thanks once again.

The lack of pictures in most properties is a symptom of several facts:

[list]
[li]Most agents create awareness about their property portfolios through newspapers and word of mouth and not through electronic channels.[/li]
[li]Many landlords refuse to allow agents to take photos of their properties because a) they want to keep the sale of their homes secret or b) they are worried that photos in the wrong hands, may be used in connection with fraud.[/li]
[li]Agents fear that if the photos are published, their competitors will find the property, surreptitiously meet the landlord and poach the property listing under their noses. Infact, I know of a very large, professional estate agency that has a strict policy of not publishing photos online even on their website.[/li]
[li]Another issues is that managing photos effectively is an increased operational burden on agents that are already stretched thin.[/li]
[/list]
That said, attitudes are starting to change. What we do at Geeplaces is provide software that supports all their backoffice operations and allows them to publish their property portfolios online and to their websites. Additionally, we actively encourage agents to publish photos and we often provide photographers to them.

Check out www.geeplaces.com.

Niyi
Re: Real Estate Websites by Jimi90: 1:38pm On May 08, 2007
++++
Re: Real Estate Websites by zuluman(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2007
@ DJNiyi

Are u an estate agent?
Re: Real Estate Websites by DJNiyi(m): 9:43am On May 09, 2007
zuluman:

@ DJNiyi
Are u an estate agent?
Hello there. I'm not an estate agent but I won't mind being one considering the money they make on commissions.

Seriously though, what we do is provide IT services to the estate agents. Specifically, we provide the software they use to manage their business to a functional web service that they can use to advertise their properties online. For example through geeplaces.com, we link buyers and renters with estate agents and mortgage lenders. We don't get involved in transactions or commissions. We just provide a search service.

Why do u ask? Are you an estate agent?
Re: Real Estate Websites by DJNiyi(m): 10:14am On May 09, 2007
Jimi90:

I am looking for 2 bedroom flat in Awolowo road, keffi st. or Manuwa in Ikoyi.
I can pay up to 1 million naira annually.

My brother, that price is a bit low o. You may have to up it a bit. I've searched Geeplaces but I couldn't find anything for you at that price. There are some properties showing up but you have to call the agent to confirm.

I think we had a place advertised at circa that price in Dolphin but I think it is off the market now.
Re: Real Estate Websites by zuluman(m): 11:35am On May 09, 2007
@DJNiyi,

No I'm not an estate agent but interested in that field. I asked if you are an estate agent because I was reading your posts, the one mentioning about the reason why estate agents don't post pictures of properties on the website. So I noticed that the reasons you listed were true. And I just thought you may be an estate agent, for having such knowledge.
Re: Real Estate Websites by Jimi90: 3:35pm On May 10, 2007
My brother, that price is a bit low o. You may have to up it a bit. I've searched Geeplaces but I couldn't find anything for you at that price. There are some properties showing up but you have to call the agent to confirm.

I think we had a place advertised at circa that price in Dolphin but I think it is off the market now.

OK I make it 1.2 m/annually

Jimi90
Re: Real Estate Websites by DJNiyi(m): 1:54pm On May 11, 2007
Jimi90:

OK I make it 1.2 m/annually

I still can't find anything in Dolphin at that price. I've expanded the search to all of Lagos and I found a property in Lekki Phase 1 for 850k p.a

Here is the description that the agent put up.
Rent 850,000p.a. A two bedroom flat on ground floor situated within a convenient location of Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.The rent is for two years and viewings are recommended

There is no permalink to the property as of now but you can view it by clicking on the Renting tab, selecting Lagos as the state and All Towns as your town. Set the maximum price to 2m p.a.
Re: Real Estate Websites by Jimi90: 8:47am On May 16, 2007
DJNiyi
Set the maximum price to 2m p.a.
Common my friend its 2 bedroom flat
grin grin grin grin
Re: Real Estate Websites by DJNiyi(m): 9:21am On May 16, 2007
Jimi90:

Common my friend its 2 bedroom flat

My guy,

No be me dey set the price! The 2m upper limit may reveal some luxury flats that u may just be interested in, cheesy

On a serious note, rental prices are on te way up. A lot more people are moving to Lagos and due to the low pace of construction in the Dolphin, VI and Ikoyi axis, those properties are only going to get more expensive. Good for the landlords, bad for we renters.
Re: Real Estate Websites by missy06(f): 1:05pm On May 16, 2007
I hope the mind-set of having pictures online is changing. smiley

My company sells property to individuals and corporates here in the UK and in Nigeria. These are mainly new-build (off plan) properties mainly in upcoming areas that aren't expensive.

A while a go we expanded our services to UK clients that want to buy in Nigeria. We are currently carrying out a Client Satisfaction Survey and so far we've discovered, from the feedback so far, that our clients are reluctant to bother with properties that they can't initially see online. Note that most of these individuals can't fly to Nigeria to just view properties they're not sure of!

As UK buyers are used to eliminating properties by pics before actually viewing it physically, Nigeria agents are definitely doing themselves a dis-service as they lose the buisiness of such parties. sad
Re: Real Estate Websites by Mamajama(m): 4:46pm On May 16, 2007
missy06 thank for that info, that is my issue, Ill rather look at the pic and determine if the site or property is worth my time. I'm always reluctant to even try without visuals aid.
Re: Real Estate Websites by ell77(f): 12:25pm On May 28, 2007
Please check out my post. I am doing research so that I will soon give mortgage and real estate opportunities to people who want to buy a home in Nigeria, both abroad and in Nigeria. The rates and prices will be clear when I start it. But first I need to research the property market. this is only my preliminary research. I am trying to make a change!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55819.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Mainland Living - Brand New 5 Bedroom Houses (with Mortgage Option) / Setting Out / .lands Available Now At Cowrie Creek Estate, Lekki!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.