Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation (17292 Views)

Man Shocked As Driver Refuels Rolls-Royce From Keg (Video) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / N193m Rolls-Royce Phantom Abandoned In Lagos; Rots Away (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by AutoJoshNIG: 7:32pm On May 06, 2019

When you talk about automotive luxury, Rolls Royce is in a class of it’s own. Their works always stand out wherever you find them. Their presence can’t just be overstated.

The luxury brand didn’t start five or six decades ago; they have been here for over a century.

On 4 May 1904, Charles Rolls and Henry Royce met for the first time at The Midland Hotel, Manchester; an encounter that would change the course of automotive history.

Exactly 115 years later, the marque they agreed to form that day continues to set global standards for innovation and excellence, and uphold their legacy as the originators of ‘the best car in the world’.

Rolls and Royce would doubtless be astonished at the cars produced under their names in 2019. The century (and more) that has elapsed since their first 10hp machine made its debut at the Paris Salon has seen materials, technology and manufacturing methods utterly transformed.

Yet in several key areas, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars retains unbroken links to those pioneering days; and in its approach, instincts and values, it would be immediately – and pleasingly – recognisable to its founding fathers.

Henry Royce began his automotive career by building an improved version of the 10hp two-cylinder French Decauville – the first car he bought when his eponymous electrical company became successful.

When Rolls saw and drove Royce’s machine, he knew he had found a British car that could outshine the continental competition and agreed to sell all the cars Royce could build. In its first two years, Rolls-Royce produced a mere 10 cars: in 2018, it delivered 4,107 – the highest annual total in its history – to customers in over 50 countries.

Rolls-Royce once again produced a car capable of conquering the most hostile environments on Earth. The Cullinan super-luxury SUV caused an international sensation on its launch in 2018, and set the new global standard in luxury off-road motoring.

Cullinan was engineered from scratch to enable customers to go anywhere, see anything and do everything they desire with total confidence, while cocooned in the comfort and splendour embodied in the Rolls-Royce name.

To prove its all-terrain credentials, the car completed a 12,000-mile odyssey through some of the world’s most challenging terrain, in partnership with National Geographic.

As well as the Scottish Highlands, the Austrian Alps and the American West, Cullinan’s itinerary included the arid wastes of the Middle East, where it effortlessly confirmed Lawrence’s assertion that ‘a Rolls in the desert is above rubies.’

“We are deeply conscious of our heritage: it is a tremendous privilege to be continuing and building on work that began 115 years ago,” says Torsten Müller-Ötvös, Chief Executive, Rolls‑Royce Motor Cars. “But we also understand that our founders were visionaries, always looking to do things in new and different ways. It’s that spirit of excellence and innovation that Rolls-Royce Motor Cars embodies and celebrates today.”

Source: https://autojosh.com/rolls-royce-115-years-anniversary/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 06, 2019
Rolly...
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by kingreign(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2019
After Rolls Royce and Bentley, comes Lexus. cool

Argue with your ancestors.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 06, 2019
kingreign:

1 Like

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by LuciferKoran: 8:01pm On May 06, 2019
The only thing that can last 115 years in Nigeria is tribalism.

Tribalism has kept us going since the days of 19th century slave trade, down to 1914 to 1966 till date.

Long Live NCAN!
Long Live Tribalism!!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by TheMoniker: 10:09pm On May 06, 2019
grin
Buhafailure is celebrating 95 years of dullardino and foolishness.
Baba failure olorigbigbe

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by teebaxy(m): 10:09pm On May 06, 2019
Wow, I have refused to downgrade from god to human I.e my spirit is high that soonest I shall be marking the next year's anniversary with their latest model
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by EmekaBlue(m): 10:10pm On May 06, 2019
AutoJosh feeding us with expensive cars we can not afford...U just want us to be drooling on it.
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by biacan(f): 10:10pm On May 06, 2019
I don't mind giving up my pant just to have one wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by Yankiss(m): 10:10pm On May 06, 2019
Na wa o. It's so funny realizing that Rolls and Royce were in fact individual's names. Doesn't easily Connect at all. Congratulations to them. Their ideals must have been so strong to survive these decades and still standing tall.
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by Kreamie(m): 10:10pm On May 06, 2019
RR
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by chiboy1116: 10:11pm On May 06, 2019
LuciferKoran:
The only thing that can last 115 years in Nigeria is tribalism.

Tribalism has kept us going since the days of 19th century slave trade, down to 1914 to 1966 till date.

Long Live NCAN!
Long Live Tribalism!!

who did this to u bro , I want to know ?

*In tears.

2 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by Sally97(f): 10:11pm On May 06, 2019
kingreign:

You know Lexus is under Toyota right?

2 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by SouthSouth1914: 10:11pm On May 06, 2019
kingreign:

Indomie generation spotted!

2 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 06, 2019
I can't help but think what exactly is our ancestors doing in terms of innovations 115 years ago?

1 Like

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by KyngB: 10:11pm On May 06, 2019
Rolls royce celebrates 115yrs by giving away the new rolls royce cullian suv to me and my family. grin

2 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by phoexix: 10:11pm On May 06, 2019
Just in a class of its own......
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by KingLennon(m): 10:13pm On May 06, 2019
When you need Luxury Rolls Royce, Bentley, Benz, Lexus does the job. I've got mad love for Rolls Royce...
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:13pm On May 06, 2019
Sally97:

You know Lexus is under Toyota right?
yes and I also know Nigeria is under siege... Do u?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by Gosj01(m): 10:15pm On May 06, 2019
A day is coming that I will buy seven at onces.

I sell cheap and super neat laptops.

Details on signature
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by KyngB: 10:15pm On May 06, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

At least him generation get indomie. Wetin i go call ur own generation? Garri generation? Semo generation? grin

3 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by Platony(m): 10:21pm On May 06, 2019
Baba God, I need one Rolls Royce Cullinan to cruise with my wife & kids.

Pick my call Baba, d phone has been ringing. cry
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by omoteacher(m): 10:26pm On May 06, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Older than AJINOMOTO 1909 and older than our independence sef.
Re: Rolls Royce Marks 115 Years Of Excellence And Innovation by kingreign(m): 10:32pm On May 06, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Unfortunately, I am older than you grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Electric Suvs You'll Likely See On Nigerian Roads In The Next Few Years / Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. / How you can process doctor's report for tinted glass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.