Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) (1597 Views)

A Fresh Graduate Want To Buy A Car On Hire Purchase For Uber. Advice Needed / A Better Alternative To Uber, Bolt & inDriver For All With A Nationwide Coverage / Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Michael820(m): 11:38pm On May 06, 2019
Hello, house.

Please, I need your advice on an investment decision. I started investing my savings in mutual fund(money market) about 6 months ago, this has been fruitful but I think I do better by using my investment to buy a car for uber and collect a weekly commission.

I have been able to save up to 1.5m in the mutual funds, I know next to nothing about cars or maintaining one this will be my first car purchase, I am confused on whether I should get the car or continue with my mutual fund.

I would appreciate a matured response and if you have tried this uber thing before I would really appreciate if you could share your story

Thanks
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Pweezy(m): 5:51am On May 07, 2019
Uber Drivers will frustrate you ehn

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Gshakiru(m): 9:08am On May 07, 2019
Please DON'T engage in the biz except YOU shall be the one driving the car yourself. The drivers has made the biz less profitable & more worrisome.

1 Like

Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by drmikeadams(m): 11:14am On May 07, 2019
grin grin how drivers take frustrate una?
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by seanfer(m): 12:07pm On May 07, 2019
Michael820:
Hello, house.

Please, I need your advice on an investment decision. I started investing my savings in mutual fund(money market) about 6 months ago, this has been fruitful but I think I do better by using my investment to buy a car for uber and collect a weekly commission.

I have been able to save up to 1.5m in the mutual funds, I know next to nothing about cars or maintaining one this will be my first car purchase, I am confused on whether I should get the car or continue with my mutual fund.

I would appreciate a matured response and if you have tried this uber thing before I would really appreciate if you could share your story

Thanks

Please how much returns can one get investing 500,000 in the Mutual fund?
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Rubbiish(m): 12:12pm On May 07, 2019
seanfer:

Becareful of all these mutual fund
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Lexusgs430: 12:35pm On May 07, 2019
Michael820:
Hello, house.

Thanks

A bird in your hand, is better than 10 ostriches in the wild...........
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Michael820(m): 12:38pm On May 07, 2019
seanfer:

they give from 12-13% annually, though it fluctuates per pay.

so with 500k, you will get an interest of 60k to 70k
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Michael820(m): 12:41pm On May 07, 2019
Lexusgs430:

A bird in your hand, is better than 10 ostriches in the wild...........

Yeah, I know that's why I am trying to ask for advice before venturing into it.

And mind you keeping a bird at hand is not enough, you have to start poultry or something with it.

we need to constantly look for means to better utilize the current resource.

3 Likes

Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Michael820(m): 12:41pm On May 07, 2019
Rubbiish:

Becareful of all these mutual fund
your moniker says it all.

1 Like

Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Michael820(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2019
Gshakiru:
Please DON'T engage in the biz except YOU shall be the one driving the car yourself. The drivers has made the biz less profitable & more worrisome.

hmm thanks
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Rubbiish(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2019
Michael820:

your moniker says it all.
Why are u pained if there is nothing to worry about d mutual fund? I only told him to becareful, if u feel is a safe investment, u shouldn't be worried, because i don't remember quoting u in d first place.
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Lexusgs430: 12:49pm On May 07, 2019
Michael820:

Yeah, I know that's why I am trying to ask for advice before venturing into it.

And mind you keeping a bird at hand is not enough, you have to start poultry or something with it.

we need to constantly look for means to better utilize the current resource.

Fully agreed, multiple sources of income...... If you are driving the uber/bolt, then yes.......

Or if your heart is also bullet proof, then buy vehicle and offer it out.......
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Rubbiish(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2019
Michael820:

they give from 12-13% annually, though it fluctuates per pay.

so with 500k, you will get an interest of 60k to 70k
So one will need to wait for a whole year to get an interest of 60k on 500k??
What a joke!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Michael820(m): 12:52pm On May 07, 2019
Rubbiish:

Why are u pained if there is nothing to worry about d mutual fund? I only told him to becareful, if u feel is a safe investment, u shouldn't be worried, because I don't remember quoting u in d first place.
LMAO, why would I be worried? I am not advertising mutual fund, in fact I am trying to move my investment.
I am only concerned about your misinformation, mutual fund money market is a zero risk investment option so there is no reason for your "be careful" response

1 Like

Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Michael820(m): 12:53pm On May 07, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Fully agreed, multiple sources of income...... If you are driving the uber/bolt, then yes.......

Or if your heart is also bullet proof, then buy vehicle and offer it out.......
I can't drive, I have a day job

Thanks though
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Rubbiish(m): 1:21pm On May 07, 2019
Michael820:

LMAO, why would I be worried? I am not advertising mutual fund, in fact I am trying to move my investment.
I am only concerned about your misinformation, mutual fund money market is a zero risk investment option so there is no reason for your "be careful" response
Every venture carry a risk factor, even if it is run by government. One should be careful of d kind of amount he is willing to part for a paltry sum.
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Cunnilingus(m): 6:28pm On May 09, 2019
Michael820:
Hello, house.

Thanks
sorry to bother you. Can you please educate me on the mutual funds. How much interest, etc
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Readonee35L(m): 6:39pm On May 09, 2019
Lagos traffic alone.
Wonder how uber drivers cope.
Traffic lately is crazy.
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Billbill: 8:37pm On May 09, 2019
I need a good car for uber on weekly rental
Re: Moving From Mutual Funds To Uber (advice Needed) by Michael820(m): 10:13pm On May 14, 2019
Cunnilingus:
sorry to bother you. Can you please educate me on the mutual funds. How much interest, etc
interest is around 11% to 13% per annum.

so let's say you invest 1million by january, you will get an interest of 110k-130k at the end of the year.

checkout out mutual fund thread in the investment section
https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds

(1) (Reply)

Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History / Rest In Peace To This Rolls-Royce Phantom: Photo / How Do Insects Flys Inside A Fast Moving Vehicle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.